• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Awesome last episode so far! I agree that there should be three Knuckles in the backround of GHZ :p

Also, this just in...Pokemon Trainer's voice is in fact the new Ash voice...****.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I have to say that my favourite Zelda's would have to be (in this order, 3D only):

OOT
MM/TP
WW by far

I guess I just view Wind Waker differently from Youko. It wasn't the graphics that I didn't like (I actually loved them), but the dungeons and the sailing weren't fun for me.

Also, I thought of the "Over 9000!" taunt with Fox and DK right when I saw Fox do that new taunt. I swear to God. I'm not ripping you off Panda! :p

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I'm one of those people who loves Majora's Mask to death. Maybe it's because I'm incredibly anal, but I love the whole timetable idea. For me my favourite Zeldas are OOT and MM - tied.

Oh, and the Moon still scares the **** out of me every time I play MM. Is it a Brawl trophy?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Dude, you went to Toronto for an Anime Con?!?!?! Was it Anime North? Fan Expo? I went to both of those!

Come again! I'd love to meet you/play some Smash!

And yes, Toronto strip clubs ftw.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Sorry to see it come to end, guys. Really enjoyed it; you made my Mondays more worthwhile. Can't wait to see what the future holds!

On an another note; I am importing Brawl with the Freeloader and will make sure to let everyone know how it goes!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Ranking the Zelda games in my mind is really hard. I wouldn't say I have problems picking favorites like SP might... maybe. I mean, there are certain aspects of each of the major ones that really puts it above the rest.

It's too close to call for me.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
The song was epic, way to wrap up the WEEKLY installments.
I think that if anything, the amount of people asking if SMYN is done for good only bolsters your thought that people would post in your ban-trap thread. Just title the thread GENO MAY ACTUALLY BE IN THE ENGLISH VERSION and then for the first post just write your bit about the two week temp-ban and I would GUARANTEE a modest number of posts just because people will respond to the title without reading it.
Happy to say aside from the Pandacasts, this was my favorite episode. Great job guys!

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
I trying to download ep 35 on iTunes but i keep getting err= -3257 But i seem to be able to download all of my other podcasts easily, anyone know why? Oh ya also my iPods about to burst :/Last weeks episode i only had like 3 mb left and i took out all the album artwork out :/

P.R.P.

Smash Rookie
Youko, Samurai Panda, I have been a long time listener to the podcast, I'd say since around episode 6, and with the WEEKLY podcasts over I decided to make an account to say thanks for all the work you've done and for making the wait for Brawl bearable. Great Job.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
Thank you Youko and SamuraiPanda for making these long weeks go by faster. Your dedication to SMYN has been amazing. I will look foward to your future episodes if you plan to make more. However none of them will be able to top that last one. You guys sure know how to do a podcast.

One of your thousands of fans,
Brawlmaniac

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Great final weekly episode, really enjoyed it :) And I got 3 questions answered, yay!

Oh and wow, SamuraiPanda reads Wheel of Time and A Song of Ice and Fire. Among the best fantasy series I've read.

Nice easter eggs :)

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
Wow nice final episode, i enjoyed being in the irc chat also. Can't wait for your brawl review!

OH and this easter egg was insane! Major props to you!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Ah... What a great ending... and yet... so sad...

It just wasn't fair I was sick as a dog during the big IRC thing. I had a few questions of my own. But oh well, what's done is done, and that includes the weekly SMYN. But it makes me think, if thirty-five is such a magical number, will you be doing thirty five MONTHLY podcasts? Heh, just kidding.

Svatos

Smash Cadet
Thank you guys SO much for the past weeks, SMYN is amazing and even though I know ep.35 was only the last WEEKLY episode (not the last episode) I still felt a bit sad when it was finished. The easter egg was incredible, one of the best.

Now that this incrediable podcast of yours is done I, and I am sure many other listeners, feel as though we have lost a friend because we got to know both of you two so well. And from my perspective, smashboards is the only place I talk about smash, so the only actual audio chat comes from you guys. It may seem strange for some stranger on the internet to feel like you are thier friend, but if you think of the fact that I sit down for one-to-four hours weekly and listen to your opinions, you can see how I can feel a conection.

Anyways I just wanted to say that I am very, very thankful for what you Youko, and you Samurai Panda have done by entertaining, provoking thought, and drawing us all further into the wonderful world of super smash brothers. :(but:)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It's pretty hard meeting a time deadline, wouldn't you say, Cyberlink? Hahaha, I'm just kidding man, but I'm very intrigued to hear what you've decided to come up with!

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Youko/SP, you guys should just hold a contest thingie for any open spots on your FC list. You know, if you end up having 1 or 2 empty spots, hold a tournament/contest!
Hopefully if they did this they wouldn't realise when I send in the SMYN video I already made.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Hey guys I loved the last episode. My favorite part waas when Youko was talking about Hilliary Clinton and broke out into a Bill Clinton inpersonation. "huigh huigh huigh I'm back in the White House huigh huigh huigh" Now begins my quest to relisten to all of the previous episodes.:chuckle:

nice1

Smash Lord
the final weekly ep was awsome. I'm glad you guys are not finished doing the podcast since your changing it to a monthly thing now.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Thanks you guys for the near endless hours of entertainment of the past months. Your podcast became a weekly ritual for myself (and, clearly, for 2000 others ;)), and Sundays just were never the same if I missed my SMYN fix. I can't thank or shower you in praise enough for the incredible amount of work you've put into this project. Thank you again, and way to go out on a bang!

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Great way to wrap up SMYN as we know it, can't wait to hear the review.

As many have said , I am incredibly thankful for this podcast, it has really helped bridge the gap until the release, through the delays, and has really built a community inside of smashboards itself, it's remarkable what you two accomplished. I'm thankful that I was able to be a part of it in my small segment, and as a loyal listener of every episode, and I will continue to do so for all those that remain for the future, whether they be biweekly, monthly, or even annually.

Good luck in school, life, and hopefully I'll be seeing you two in Smash in the very near future.

--BlackKnight76

RDK

Smash Hero
If you guys want more of Youko to tide you over until the next SMYN episode, check out our special interview with him on the P2W podcast.

Also, I wish I had joined in during the IRC chat. It sounded like it was loads of fun.

P.S: Panda took credit for the longest Brawl Viewpoint AGAIN. I always get skipped over. :dizzy:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The final Easter Egg has been put up for download in the Classic Easter Eggs section.

Youko has a big ego ^_^
What are you TALKING about?? Yeah, that's why I say the success of SMYN has been "humbling," OK...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Finished episode 35. Great way to end the weekly segments Youko and SP.

Although, I gotta say, it was a bit disheartening that you named every roundtable member EXCEPT ME! Even though I've gotten used to the fact that I'm not the most popular choice, I thought I would get some sort of mention.

Oh well, at least I'm one of the few choices for Online spots. I will have Brawl on Sunday, so you can trade your friend code with me anytime after Brawl is out.

Nice episode as always, and I'll be waiting for the video review guys!

Top Bottom