• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
nice podcast fellas.

im really interested in what kiki was sayin bout the friend system on the boards....sounds bad if execution is good

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I really love the Brawl player finder idea.
I have a Brawl Player Finder in my sig but if one could be directly tied to SWF that'd be awesome too. :)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Yeah, a player finder would be pretty **** nifty!

Also, congrats, WGWOLVERINE on the shoutout (nudge nudge, wink wink)

seriously, though, nics podcast as always. I like how SMYN is seemingly more smashcast-ish!

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
cool podcast guys

For brawl roaster the charecters i want that wernt mentioned are kamek would be nice magic instead of bowser jr. for mario villan rep, vaati for hyrule rep not ww link or w/e "cartoony celshaded".

One thing to add to the pikmin i was thinking the neutral B was charagable to activate the buds or flowers to make them stronger because in the games if you left the pikmin in the ground they would eventually turn into the bud then flowers if the pikmin had flowers they would move faster be stronger and stuff so that would make sense.

For how long they last latched it would seem that it would last as long as the lip's stick and if you move back and forth it would fall off. lip's stick the more hits you get them with the bigger the flower meaning more dmg per second same with pikmin the more pikmin you have latched the more dps.

I would say every 10% hit a pikmin would die then you would have to go through alot of pikmin but the lag does not seem to be alot so "spamable" untill you reach the limit. but if they had flowers they would last longer becase you "charged it"(if that how it works) say 15% the blue ones being more durable would be 15% just seeds and 20-25% if flowers.

kingjoekur

Smash Apprentice
wow, didnt think my list would be accepted... cool tho....

anyway.. i really think knuckles and tails have a much better chance of being in brawl than people think. especially after sonic and mario at the olympics, i think its def. possible

dark samus was the only other wtf i really thought i had on there

i strongly believe, c.falcon, ness, jiggly, luigi will be in as hidden characters and not revealed on the dojo.

i dont think my roster will be 100 percent right, but i hope a good chunk of the characters i suggested will be.

and i think there will be around 40-46 characters max

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I discovered today that Yokou and Samurai Panda don't know Melee as well as they say they do. I mean you been playing the game for years and you never noticed the Rainbow in Rainbow Ride(Cruise)

Also know nothing of Pikmin.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Just as I thought. The lists on the show were exactly the same as mine (which is why I didn't bother to submit one). If any of the lists mentioned in the show are true (besides Youko's, I need Marth!) I'd be completely fine. However, I think we all know that Sakurai is going to throw in a completely random WTF character that no-one expected.

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
wow, I can't believe mine made it...

But here's one for you, youko, samuraipanda, kiki, and everybody else...

after my segment of the podcast:

KirbyKing: "Someone's sucking up."
Youko: "yeah."

let me make this clear. I was NOT sucking up. i honestly do think that knuckles, rather than tails, has a good chance of being in. tails would be better as an AT, knuckles would be a better fighter. I only said "the sega character most wanted my samurai panda and myself" because i want knuckles in brawl, and SP wants him in brawl as well.

i am not a suck up.

oh and thanks for putting me on the show, youko!!!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I discovered today that Yokou and Samurai Panda don't know Melee as well as they say they do. I mean you been playing the game for years and you never noticed the Rainbow in Rainbow Ride(Cruise)

Also know nothing of Pikmin.
I'm starting to question their Melee knowledge as well...

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer

let me make this clear. I was NOT sucking up. i honestly do think that knuckles, rather than tails, has a good chance of being in. tails would be better as an AT, knuckles would be a better fighter. I only said "the sega character most wanted my samurai panda and myself" because i want knuckles in brawl, and SP wants him in brawl as well.

i am not a suck up.

It was a joke. I'm sure there are people who really think Knuckles will be in the game, and I could definitely see Knuckles fitting in as a better fighter than Tails (I thought that even before Panda ever mentioned it on SMYN, I'm pretty sure :p). But I did get the impression that a lot of the submitted rosters wouldn't have had Knuckles on the list had it not been mentioned so much on the show already.

Sorry if I offended you, but really, you shouldn't take anything I said on the show too seriously. I mean, I pretended to know WTF I was talking about when half the show was about Pikmin. :p

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
It was a joke. I'm sure there are people who really think Knuckles will be in the game, and I could definitely see Knuckles fitting in as a better fighter than Tails (I thought that even before Panda ever mentioned it on SMYN, I'm pretty sure :p). But I did get the impression that a lot of the submitted rosters wouldn't have had Knuckles on the list had it not been mentioned so much on the show already.

Sorry if I offended you, but really, you shouldn't take anything I said on the show too seriously. I mean, I pretended to know WTF I was talking about when half the show was about Pikmin. :p
no its fine, kiki. i didn't take it too offensively, it was just, meh. that's all i can say about it.

great hearing you on the show, by the way.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.

i am not a suck up.

I bet they were just joking, they weren't being serious.

EDIT: I quoted this post like an hour ago and just came back to it to type my message. Looks like you've already said all of that.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god. SamuraiPanda you are my HERO for mentioning Marina Liteyears! That was quite possibly my favourite game back in the N64 era, rivaling even Smash 64. If Sakurai revived her and she made it in I would have a nerdgasm >.> *Sigh* If she made it that would be so awesome...

Interesting to see some of the more "WTF" picks people suggested (like Chibi-Robo was unexpected, or Banjo-Kazooie specifically who would get me almost as excited as Marina if the bear and bird made it, heh).

Overall it was a good podcast and I thoroughly enjoyed the roster part of it mainly, though the roundtable on the updates was still interesting (more specifically the Olimar discussion). Good job guys.

KindKing

Smash Cadet
I think i would be great for one of the round tables. I am a smash noob on the site and I have hardly ever posted. I feel I should only post if I can contribute and not for just the sake of posting. I have listened to everyone of the round tables and I feel I could bring great ideas and bring some fun to the round table. I have been obsessing about Brawl since I got a free preview in my copy of Nintendo Power. As far as I know I have been the only one to bring up and or discover Kirby's Final Smash Music (I told Gimpy and he said he would tell Youko. but I don't know if he ever did). I cant read another language that could contribute (unless Spanish counts). I research every update and have played each game one of the characters have been in. Thats really all I can say. I have a mic built into my cpu so I am ok as far as that. i don't know how to record but I could learn if needed. Plz I would love to be on the round table.

I am also an expert at Pikimn. I have played both games and have beat them both so I can provide good discussion on how he is represented. I have Skype now, and am ready to go.

Bladecom

Smash Rookie
good episode, just wish you guys knew more about the Pikmin series, many misconceptions about the pikmin. (the flower,bud, leaf issue, the color of the flowers, and the higher chance of getting pikmin on a certain stage (I just think it's random)).

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the kind words on my roster, sorry about the at-times crappy quality, I was using my mic from Rock Band for the 360, so I did the best I could...my old headset from PC gaming is broken.

Thanks a lot Youko for putting me in the podcast, and just as a little blurb on how hard podcasting on an epic scale such as this must be...to write, and record (especially because I kept messing up my recording at some point, and even a few times in the final one I released, I'm not too savvy with the software I used however, so I did not have the wear withal to do the whole thing again) my four minute segment, it took me about an hour and a half. Doing that with the rundown back in the day must've been torture, and even the new incarnation of SMYN can't be a walk in the park.

If you guys do more trials for roundtable appearances in the future, pre- or post- brawl, i'll be glad to throw my name in the ring. I'm sure it'll be a blast to do the entire thing.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
tru fax on the podcasting difficulty. and i know what youre saying with unfamiliar software. im using a new movie editing program and my ten minute video took several hours to come up with a legit final product.

Monsty

Smash Rookie
Just joined so I'm not sure if this is the place to post this or not(I'll scour the boards a little later), but here we go.

On the subject of a publicly-viewable back room, would there be a way to set it up so someone who does not have post access(most people) would see the posts with all user information stripped out? I mean, if signatures/avatars were missing and all names showed as anonymous, that should address most issues with cross-posters directly citing specific people or PM harassment, right?

Sure there would still be "double posts" on the public boards, but not everything is perfect.

Great podcast, by the way. Keep it up!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Just joined so I'm not sure if this is the place to post this or not(I'll scour the boards a little later), but here we go.

On the subject of a publicly-viewable back room, would there be a way to set it up so someone who does not have post access(most people) would see the posts with all user information stripped out? I mean, if signatures/avatars were missing and all names showed as anonymous, that should address most issues with cross-posters directly citing specific people or PM harassment, right?

Sure there would still be "double posts" on the public boards, but not everything is perfect.

Great podcast, by the way. Keep it up!
thats a neat idea. even if it were viewable only, i doubt id ever check. its like lurking at a forum, its no benefit if you cant discuss, and i know sp will hate me for saying that, but we want input, not the scraps from the real discussions. i dont mean to generalize though, i just see the coming influx of inexperienced members swf will get w/ brawl and the increased amount of modding needed to handle reaction threads causing trouble.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
Giving this week anything less than an 8/10, makes you lose a LOT of credibility...
Not really, Panda's known for being... cutthroat.

SinisterLizard.... shut up

but anyway, i came here to say..... lol at the end? are you going to be including outtakes in the future? I think that would be a funny little addition
That wasn't an outtake, that was just before recording.
Also, I remember that Panda said he'd share discrimination in Japan during one of his Japanda Time episodes. Did he already, because that seemed kinda interesting.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
There's one thing I don't agree with this week, and that's Snake's Final Smash not making the cut. To each their own I guess. Also, the "soda" map you guys were talking about is this site right here: http://popvssoda.com:2998/. I was a little disappointed that my roster didn't make it in as the text one, but it was still another great episode. I understand your whole thing about lending games, or any possessions period to people. I've had similar experiences Kirby King. Also, I hope you don't take this in offense and all, but you sounded a lot younger than I've always imagined you were. It probably has to do with you being an administrator of SmashBoards, but you sound like you're more in the 18-20 range. I don't know, it's most likely because I know someone whose voice is exactly like yours. Oh and about K.Rool, the eye annoys me too Panda. The top three in your list Panda are also pretty much the top three in mine too, especially Ray 01 and Takamaru. I think the Friend Finder is a really great idea, as well as the Back Room idea Samurai Panda. I liked the easter egg, and I finally found out what that noise was in the background the entire time. I thought I was hallucinating during the show.

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve

Also, I remember that Panda said he'd share discrimination in Japan during one of his Japanda Time episodes. Did he already, because that seemed kinda interesting.
i mean i know it was before recording, but it was included in the podcast and at the end. Maybe outtake isn't the right word but yeah, its 130 in the morning and I'm finding it difficult to make an effort to clarify

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion

yeah he covered it, cant remember which one. to try and sum it up, he and his brother, being taller american looking guys got alot of stares, tables in the backs of restaurants, and i think he said on the school trip, his black friends were ,i guess, respected because they are big on hiphop or something. sorry sp if i butchered that, going out of memory here.

my only disappointment, maybe ever with smyn, was the absence of even one person who's played pikmin in pikmin week lol. easily in my top 5 GC games.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
not to break so many hearts, but it's IMPOSSIBLE for Banjo-Kazooi to be in. He is second-party to Microsoft. Snake is different because he is from Konami, which is just a 3rd party company. Same with Sonic (SEGA).
It also makes it even more impossible cause Nintendo and Microsoft are a bit..."angered" with each other at the moment.

Quintsy

Smash Cadet
I think I will try elaborate some of the Pikmin information...

In Pikmin the thing on top of their heads represents the Pikmin's evolution from leaf to bud to flower, as they evolve they get increases in strength and speed (maybe health..never noticed if so). The same case could apply to smash although I think it will just be a strength increase.

The thing on top of Olimar's Head is what he calls the Pikmin with so lets call it....The Whistle.

The reason those ghosts are there when the Pikmin die is because thats what happens in the Pikmin games. Yes it's freaky but after hundreds of Pikmin deaths, i'm sure you'll get used to it.

You were close but Olimar is in fact the size a quarter, I believe it was his ship that was the size of a pop, soda, coke, whatever can.

Also i thought I'd add in that Olimar's only original move in Brawl is the Pikmin Chain, everything else he could do in the Pikmin games.

Also excellent podcast I love it when you guys have guests no matter who they are, also I hope that with this little bit of info that I have taught Youko, SamuraiPanda, Kirby King and anyone else something about Pikmin.

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't think it's so much that the flower is also the health of the Pikmin (I'm almost positive I've seen flower Pikmin die in one hit, it's more that they can get demoted when they don't receive a fatal blow.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Is there any way you guys could get this podkast on the Zune Marketplace?

Top Bottom