• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

DPK4

Smash Rookie
Well this gives us a chance to empathize with Europe.

The thing I wonder is if the whole of Smashdom will forever resent the Distant Planet stage?
eh, I don't personally, but a few people have taken it harshly and have refused to use the stage due to the depressing demeanor of the update. Fortunately though, this delay gives us the time to really look at things in the perspective of the creator. I'm pretty sure Sakurai did not enjoy having to admit to himself that there would have to be one more delay. Be that for WFC problems? I wouldn't be able to tell you, and your guess is as good as mine. Either way this delay will only make this game greater in the end. At first I was a little angry, but then I realized what could come of this. I'm not so sure about another 3rd party character... a week and a half is pushing it to utilize another permission to use another 3rd party, not to mention make his/her model, make sure it doesn't glitch, make sure all the damage values and physics values are correct, what have you. More so this is to make sure the existing characters do not glitch out the game in the end and such, remember when it was heard that Metaknight caused the demo to freeze sometimes in using the final smash? Thankfully that was fixed rather quickly, but still it affect people's outlooks of metaknight if only slightly at E For All. Still I'd much rather play a complete game than a glitchy game in the states and if a month is what it takes for it to be done, then so be it. Here's to you Masahiro Sakurai! Thanks for being honest!

On another note, the third party character theory is not that farfetched as people have seemed to take Inafune's comment about Megaman as a cover up. Now I personally do not believe that this is the case, but in the case of Smash, the team is rather good at keeping things under wraps. That includes all 3rd party support. They might surprise us all in the coming days with some good news (preferably the confirmation that Sheik is back, I'll have someone to main again besides Falco and Ness/Lucas) and maybe even the grand daddy of all wi-fi updates that could ever possibly happen, though very unlikely, I would like to see some ability for Downloadable Content. They're doing it for Guitar Hero III there is no reason why this can't be the case for Smash through a firmware update. It might be a bit before then but it is indeed possible. Any Wii GHIII player would know you have to wait some time for good things to come (downloadable content was indeed confirmed for later this year)

I'd also like to point out the possibility of making alternate models and costumes for characters. Did somebody say Radiant Dawn version of Ike, and maybe even Ness fills in as an alternate costume to Lucas. Perhaps we could please Wolf O'Donnell fans and create an alternate costume for Fox that features Wolf. And who's to say that Clones aren't in the game in the end? Yes he has supposedly said he wanted to move away from clones, but sometimes clones are more fun than the original character in some cases (Falco and Doc for me). Clones add some variety to a gameplay feel one might be used to and thus they might enjoy the clones more. Sakurai knows this is obviously the case and in order to appease most fans, some precautions have to be taken. Clones were obviously a huge part of melee and while moving away from that in Brawl, might still play a strong role in the game. Not every character will be completely unique as we have learned and we will have to learn to deal with that.

In conclusion, the delay can only make this addition to the franchise only stronger, and while the lot of you seem to disagree with this idea, just think, would you rather play on buggy wi-fi, or wi-fi so good that it beats out Halo 3? Would you like to see other character models included as alternates? Would clones add more variety to the game much like it did for Melee? We must take all of these into consideration and wait for the best. It's only a month anyways, what would you do if it were 3 more months that it was delayed?

Thank you for reading, I hope I made some sense.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Sometimes it feels like I'm working on a podcast for a cursed game. Rawr.
On the upside, at least your fans are sympathetic, right?

Besides, you were still wondering what you were going to do with SMYN after Brawl's release, and this gives you a little more time to decide. I know it's not much of an upside, but hey, someone's gotta be optimistic.

But since you guys are in need of another month's worth of potential guests, I suppose now is as good a time as any to try and audition. SMYN was what ultimately drew me to SmashBoards, so I sort of feel like I should do something in return, and this seemed like the best way to do it. I've done a few podcasts of my own in the past, both from the writing and recording sides of things, so I have some familiarity with the process. I have both Skype and Audacity at my disposal as well, so there should be no technical restrictions. Also, as a U of M student like yourselves, it should be fairly easy to coordinate due to the lack of a time zone difference.

I know I'm still a n00b to the SmashBoards community, but I genuinely feel that I can contribute something to the podcast. While the podcast generally seems to be oriented towards the hardcore tournament players, I feel that my experience as a "casual smasher" could give a unique perspective to the show. I also have an extensive knowledge of random (and likely worthless) Nintendo trivia, so if you guys are confused as to the origins of a certain move or song due to unfamiliarity with the series, I might be able to shed some light.

If you still need convincing, listen to this clip which I wrote for another podcast, as well as voicing Kaiba and the squeaky-voiced cashier. It's not much, but I think it might help my chances at least a little bit. I know I'm probably the last person you'd ever pick, but if you'd give me a chance, I'd really appreciate it. Even if I only get a trial and don't make it onto the show itself, that's more than enough for me.

•Col•

Smash Champion
This weeks update rating: -10 / 10

Not only because the game was delayed again, but also because it gives us nearly the EXACT same **** message for delaying it... -_- It'd be nice to at least know the reason it was delayed...

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, my birthday is March 8, yet I'm not angry at all. Maybe because I feel it was too funny or I'm patient. Definitly the second one I believe.

Anyway, this gives me more time to work on my Melee game, and Sariku is right. we shouldn't complain. Infact, we should be grateful that it wasn't just plain canceled, because you all would know that would really piss ya off.

Think of it this way. extended time = more chances for confirmed characters.
The game only got delayed a week in Japan. Have fun making characters in a week.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
The game only got delayed a week in Japan. Have fun making characters in a week.
Oh yeah, that's right. XDD

But seriously, people shouldn't really complain about the pull. They should be considerate that they've gone so far with it without canceling it. I mean look, Sakurai didn't even have to do it, but he did it anyway because it was fun.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Sometimes it feels like I'm working on a podcast for a cursed game. Rawr.

If you wanna hear some voo-doo mannered "post hoc", it seems that every time I get a fever, the game is delayed the next day. =/

Talk about cursed. Either that or I need to stop getting fevers.

Rash

Smash Ace
This week's going to be getting some pret-ty bad scores.

That is, unless we get a mindblowing character announcement. Then it might actually have a chance of getting a 3/10!

But honestly, if you discount the delay (impossible, I know), the Challenge feature and Distant Planet are solid updates as they stand.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, that's right. XDD

But seriously, people shouldn't really complain about the pull. They should be considerate that they've gone so far with it without canceling it. I mean look, Sakurai didn't even have to do it, but he did it anyway because it was fun.
...go bak to the weekly thread rockin lol

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
I announce my desire to be on the round table and boom, the delay. It wasn't my fault, folks, I swear.

At least we should get an interesting week of updates now. But *sigh* with more filler to come.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
This isn't half as bad as the delay o' doom. I'm over it. Too bad from what I hear Japan only got pushed back a week and we go back a month.

And this seems like more of one I would expect(said at the risk of sounding entitle, which we are not) an apologetic update like with the Delay o' Doom. This is like yanking it right out from underus, not moving the already distant finishline back a few more feet.

Sola

Smash Rookie
Random comments about episode 28:

-About SamuraiPanda's problem with Olimar being revealed as opposed to another character, I think it's become somewhat apparent at this point that the Dojo isn't releasing much secret content before Japan release (aside from the third-party ones for marketing purposes), even though I thought it would originally, and I see the non-shoo-in characters as being hidden to make the feeling of surprise complete, so I didn't have that problem with Wednesday's update. The problem I did have was that they barely gave us any information about how he played on Wednesday, though the great music and Friday's update did save that somewhat.

Olimar's motivation for being in Brawl does seem a bit shifty, hm? Everyone else is just a trophy and gets knocked off, but Olimar is actually driving Pikmin to their deaths. Unless the Pikpik carrot company started specializing in robotics.

-I did think it was odd that they only showed Time battles, and I still suspect you will be able to change it, but for competitive matches (which are usually 1v1) I guess Time isn't too different from Stock. It is different for doubles, though.

-Zelda's final smash "pierces through shields"? Would that suggest that other Final Smashes don't, at least not completely?

-Why would Tortimer be a boss? Because it would be hilarious, and Animal Crossing doesn't have many such opportunities for bosses.

-I still have trouble believing the "dragoon" prophet even if people say it's the most likely. Don't get me wrong, if those characters are all in I'd be mostly happy, since it suggests to me a large roster (due to 4 Star Fox characters) which is pleasing to a lot of people who want their characters in.

But I still can't really take it seriously. The amount of detail in the description of the Dragoon suggests that the leaker saw the actual item in motion - there's no other way there'd be such specific information. If that's the case, why wasn't there any other information on the characters that were also listed, since the person saw the game in motion? "Lucario/Ness is in Brawl" seems like a bare-bones description - it would at least say a little about how they play, or whether Ness was a clone perhaps. Plus, if it was actually posted that long ago, the character descriptions would indeed be the priority, since not many people would have been as concerned about a random item (the only item mentioned) as they would about the characters listed just beforehand.

So it gives the whole prediction a feeling of "list just enough general things to make it a prediction, then put in this last bit to make sure people believe me." And I know people (I only saw about 2 or 3 actual people) have said they saw the original post, and I'm not taking it as something that's surely untrue, but I could go say the same thing right now if I felt like it, so I can't even really take that as evidence either.

-You're not missing much with Mario Party... I had a lot of fun with the first few (aside from blisters on the one with rotating the control stick), but it got uninteresting and I stopped around 4 or 5.

-The first thing I noticed when I saw that Snake update was the jump, it looked like one of two things to me: either he was ascending into the sky, or being drawn up similar to Link is when he steps into one of those shining portals.

I'm fairly sure I remember Mr. Sakurai stating that there would be no Wii remote pointer control in the main game, so I'm doubtful whether you will be able to control Snake's final smash with it.

-I was sure I read in a magazine (EGM) that Subspace Emissary would have online co-op. I might be wrong, and they might have been misinformed, but if the onscreen roster and Wii Menu screenshots are any indication, we shouldn't necessarily trust the Dojo screenshots as being the only options available, though maybe that's wishful thinking (unlockable? Ehh...)

-On stages:

Though I wasn't a big fan of the stage itself, I liked the Yoshi's Island stage music, though it might have something to do with Super Mario World being my favorite Mario.

I didn't like Corneria as much as a lot of people. I'm not sure why, aside from the Arwings being a little annoying. Maybe because it was so bumpy and weird with the terrain. I actually liked Venom more.

Yes, Saffron City needs to come back in some form, Fourside just wasn't enough. Same with Fountain of Dreams (to return.) Never really liked Green Greens too much, though. I strongly disliked the "Mario stage with Pipes," though I don't remember its name. Mushroom Kingdom?

And I don't get the "Ness coming back because of Onett" either.

I never felt much either way about Onett, Rainbow Ride, or Brinstar. Hated the original SSB64 Zebes, though.

-Oh, and I learned something new from the podcast. I always read "segue" as "seeg" or "seg" (don't think I ever actually used it in conversation), and I thought when people said it aloud they were actually referring to the Segway, punning off segue. Little did I know that they were actually pronounced the same.

-Why the hate for King K. Rool? He does look weird, but my general image of him is more with his pirate costume from DKC2 especially. Though I guess they'd use his default caped appearance if he was actually included, and that would be uninteresting.

I'm also totally with SamuraiPanda on Marina, though I wonder if one game is enough. She would have to get an Ice Climbers style overlook for the sake of potential.

Since the delay is the topic du jour... I guess I'm not as upset about it as most people for some reason. Maybe I'm an optimistic person, but I trust their judgment. It's going to be a tough 5 weeks after Japan's release, but that's what the community is for I suppose.

Edit: About the publicly viewable board thing, I sympathize with the people who like the relaxed atmosphere of a closed board. The idea Monsty mentioned earlier sounds like it could be a feasible way to go, though, if it was possible (read-only for those outside the group, group members are anonymous to those outside.)

And people are more likely to send in content if you provide a topic - I understand that would go against the intent of the Brawl Viewpoints, but that's the reasoning at any rate.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Perfect Title for this episode.

Delay O Doom #2: The PO'd Panda Strikes Back.

Perfect Intro kind of a little skit. Abridged Series

"Cue Dramati Music"
Ian Kovich :Last time on Show me Your News

SugarPoultry:Buzz i think im pregnant, and Youko's the father.

PyroloserKid: Frogla so your the one who shot Kirby King.
Frogla: Yes it was I

SugarPoultry: Buzz i think im pregnant, and Gimpyfish is the father.

Youko: Panda you can't say that on the air.
Panda: Like hell i can't.

SugarPoultry: Buzz i think im pregnant and Sariku Uchicha is ...
Buzz: No ****ing way.
SugarPoultry: Ok i lied about that one.

Samaria Panda: Hahaha Sakuria your death is imminent.

Mic: Youko im pregnant and your the father.

Ian Kovich : And now to the thrilling conclusion of Show Me your News... Wait a minute did any of that actaully happen.

DisabledParking

Smash Rookie
I don't know who I feel more sorry for , those anxiously awaiting brawl(myself included) or SP and youko who were probably looking forward to the last few podcasts before they can sink their teeth into brawl.

Sariku

Smash Master

"Cue Dramati Music"

Ian Kovich : And now to the thrilling conclusion of Show Me your News... Wait a minute did any of that actaully happen.
Aww... why can't I be a father..?

Edited By Sariku - Nevermind this >.>

Magma

Smash Cadet
Quote removed by request...
Sariku, I thought you were cool until you said this. Maybe you should go live in another country, as you obviously don't appreciate the trials your soldiers go through for you so you have the freedom to play Smash Bros. at all.

REALLY sorry for spamming, Youko...

Frogla

Smash Ace
Hey guys quit jumping Sariku, if you need to settle something Pm him. Dont spam up this thread. You can't hate on him for his opinion. And nobody needs crap from any of you guys today with the delay and everything.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hey guys quit jumping Sariku, if you need to settle something Pm him. Dont spam up this thread. You can't hate on him for his opinion. And nobody needs crap from any of you guys today with the delay and everything.
Agreed. This is a matter of talking about collected info about the podcast episodes Youko and Samurai Panda did. Anything non-related to their opinons about the podcast should not fly over here.

Now, getting back on topic

I can see Youko and Panda getting a bit upset about the delay, but they could get over it very soon.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
Wow, that was pretty **** Sairku. I can't believe you said that. Be grateful. You can disagree with the war and still appreciate people DYING and GIVING THEIR LIFE just for us to live freely only to hate them? My god...

EDIT: I am the person about whom you were referring.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman

"Cue Dramati Music"

LMAO! Do want!

Del Money

Smash Champion
About the podcast:

1. K. Rool being ugly? Sorry Panda but Wario looks like a fat white turd with an outfit and a mustache. Olimar is pretty goofy looking himself. And I'm not saying Olimar and Wario suck, I'm just saying they're both fugly. I'm sure you can cut K. Rool some slack (regardless off that ******** eye...which bugs me too).

2. While the competitive/casual boards seems good in theoracy, it'll more than likely double the workload for the moderators. There will be plenty of competitive players that will purposely troll and shun the casual boards and there'll be casuals that do the same or just plain act ignorant in the competitive boards. Dividing the forum like that is only supporting the division of the community based on something as lame and petty and gameplay preferences. Seriously, like that need to grow the hell up.

3. The Knuckles thread doesn't have a support group. Apart from arguments about who is better...Tails or Knuckles, the people of that thread are fairly smart enough to know that Knuckles odds for Brawl are low. No one, in that thread anyway, believed him as a confirmed playable just because of the Christmas update. Shocking, I know.

4. This is mostly directed as WGWOLVERINE. Forgive me for being a Wii-less noob, but you can share VC games after you purchase them? Because that would really be off the hizzy. Oh and as a side note, how cool would it be to have like a Limewire-like program for the Wii? It would probably easy as hell to detect Wii numbers that are illegal download stuff though.

5. Overall, great podcast. Kirby King's roster idea got me thinking a lot mor about Marth's potential to return. And while the blue-haired swordsman abundance is decent reasoning for not including him, I believe that Sakurai can easily overlook two characters that look alike, but clearly play different...like Kirby and Jiggs for instance (that's probably a bad example so I'm willing to take whatever crap I get for saying that).

6. Lastly, I don't buy into any of the leaks because unlike Melee, this game isn't in rushed development. Sakurai more than likely has most of his bases covered with the production of this game so that giving the patient public their long-since due surprises is his utmost priority at this point. While he knows he's not going to prevent all leaks from getting out, I doubt the info about the game would be as quickly and earlierly (not a word I know) revealed as is was with Melee. I know could be wrong, but I also knows there's more and more desperate people craving attention on the Internet these days.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
As posted on the first page, it's:

CONTEST TIME!!

To be in the running for a guesthost position in Episode 30 of SMYN, we're going to run a little contest this time around! The goal is to make the BEST YOUTUBE VIDEO of the TOP TEN MOMENTS OF SMYN!

Requirements:
- Pick the top ten moments, in your opinion, in the history of Show Me Your News!
- Use the audio clips of those moments in your video!
- You must have your voice somewhere or in some fashion in the video (therefore, if you're selected, we know you have a computer mic)
- Give it your own personal, creative flair!
- Upload the video on Youtube and send the link of the video to dojopodcast@gmail.com
- Due date is (heh) January 24th, 2008.
- Best video/list (judged by Youko and SamuraiPanda) gets to appear on the show with us!

We will post the video links here so you all can see the SMYN Top Ten Moments!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
As posted on the first page, it's:

CONTEST TIME!!

To be in the running for a guesthost position in Episode 30 of SMYN, we're going to run a little contest this time around! The goal is to make the BEST YOUTUBE VIDEO of the TOP TEN MOMENTS OF SMYN!

Requirements:
- Pick the top ten moments, in your opinion, in the history of Show Me Your News!
- Use the audio clips of those moments in your video!
- You must have your voice somewhere or in some fashion in the video (therefore, if you're selected, we know you have a computer mic)
- Give it your own personal, creative flair!
- Upload the video on Youtube and send the link of the video to dojopodcast@gmail.com
- Due date is (heh) January 24th, 2008.
- Best video/list (judged by Youko and SamuraiPanda) gets to appear on the show with us!

We will post the video links here so you all can see the SMYN Top Ten Moments!
So wait...

we need a webcam of something to do this? Because I have no idea how to do this.

Give us an intruction manual, please! :p

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...Well, the (heh) for January 24th was because that WAS the day of Japan's release...

So unless we get an official leak, episode 30 (01/27) won't be spoiling anything because of the new Japanese release of January 31st.

EDIT:

No webcam is needed to do this. Take the necessary audio files and edit it along with some pictures (or video if you wish) to make the video. That's why it takes some creativity to pull it together.

Frogla

Smash Ace
...Well, the (heh) for January 24th was because that WAS the day of Japan's release...

So unless we get an official leak, episode 30 (01/27) won't be spoiling anything because of the new Japanese release of January 31st.

EDIT:

No webcam is needed to do this. Take the necessary audio files and edit it along with some pictures (or video if you wish) to make the video. That's why it takes some creativity to pull it together.
Youko you wouldnt be heartless enough to spoil subspace would you, I mean like thats the one mode where its unanimous nobody wants it spoiled

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Well, I don't want the Subspace Emissary spoiled either, but being a mod, I don't have much of a choice. I'll see it eventually through people who think they're funny by posting it here when the time arrives.

But yes, I think I have enough a heart to take those primary wishes of others into consideration. That'll be about it that will be saved from spoilers on SMYN, though.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Crap, I keep forgetting about the delay!

Oh, well. I'm going to try putting together something in Flash. Who konws? If I'm lucky, it might not suck horribly...

Top Bottom