• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I would make one of those videos, but unfortunetly I have yet to watch every episode. I've only watched 3!

But good luck to everyone.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Hey Youko and SamuraiPanda. I just finishing ripping the sound effects from the Melee disc. It's pretty much ALL of them (including Marth's air whiff when he missing an attack). What is interesting is the "FAILURE!" "SUCCESS!" "Falcon Punch!" and any others you can remember from Smash. If you want them (to like use them live on the podcast or incorporate somewhere) let me know and I'll convert it to WAV/MP3 your choice.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'd like them to be moments, as in use the audio clips from those moments in the countdown. Again, if you've ever seen Top Ten videos on Youtube, that's the general idea. But how you implement it is up to you.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I'd like them to be moments, as in use the audio clips from those moments in the countdown. Again, if you've ever seen Top Ten videos on Youtube, that's the general idea. But how you implement it is up to you.
Well I do have the "5" "4" "3" "2" "1" the announcer uses to counts down in timed matches. But he only counts down from 5, not 10. These are the original files, so there's no background music playing. all character taunts. the "This game's winner is" "all star mode!!!"and such. i have the character chants "gaaanondooorf". i'm trying to remember. i have the music files as well but i know you have the soundtrack already. i just ripped it and thought the sound effect could be a good idea.

oh just realized. i'm not saying for use with the contest. i'm just saying if you want them yourself. i don't have the time to participate with the contest, especially considering i'm managing the busiest thread at the moment.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Ah, well, I had meant for the previous questions, ShortFuse. But if I am in need of those sound effects, I will let you know.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
Hey Youko and SamuraiPanda. I just finishing ripping the sound effects from the Melee disc. It's pretty much ALL of them (including Marth's air whiff when he missing an attack). What is interesting is the "FAILURE!" "SUCCESS!" "Falcon Punch!" and any others you can remember from Smash. If you want them (to like use them live on the podcast or incorporate somewhere) let me know and I'll convert it to WAV/MP3 your choice.
I can imagine now:

The delay was a *FALCOOON PAWNCH* to the face of the avid smashers.

ShortFuse should be a guest at some point, anyway.

ThunderHero

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I was sitting at hometonight and was like why not make some funny short comics for all the good SMYN moments? So 15min later this is the product. I had it all wrote out but it was hard to see, so its typed. Any problems reading just let me know. Or if you dont get one of the jokes.... Anyway thoughts?

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/Thunder_man6/?action=view&current=SMYN-2.jpg

PS: I draw alot bettr normally but this was just a short thing

626key

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it's too late for sugestions, but i was watching this you tube video where it showed the top 10 worst ways to die in a video game (I highly recomend it to SP) but maybe SMYN could give the top 10 worst/best moments in brawl
P.S. just look up top 10 video games
P.S.S. what will happen to threds that involve fighters who are not in brawl once it comes out
P.S.S.S. yes I know I riped this off the grim adventures of billy and mandy

courte

Smash Lord
ok i forget is it two or three updates that "make the cut"??

if i had to choose it'd be...
in no order

Stickers
Distant Planet
Shiek

Hard choice for me at least, I wasn't going to choose a third and just put that dialogue from Romeo and Juliet about "DO YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE AT ME SIR?!" "YES I DO!!"

p.s.s.s.s. that's what makes the rip-off so great

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The Stickers make the game very similar to jump super stars with the comic strips at the bottom

DPK4

Smash Rookie
As an avid listener I feel like I can give my input on this week!

This week's rating? I'm being lenient on this one: 5/10

And the Quote to sum up this week comes from today's Update:

"Well, it seems you thought wrong! The truth is startling, huh?"

Thanks Sakurai, you're an awesome Troll.

I would love to be a guest in some shape or form on the round table or whathaveyou. I have a heavy nintendo based background and feel like that even though I'm a n00b to the forums (even though I've been lurking for almost about a year now) I have a lot of interesting input that could be brought to the round table or even interviews! I have skype and I do have my own mic, the only thing that holds me back is that I'm an hour ahead of you in time (yay east coast represent).
If you read my gigantic post defending Sakurai and the Delay I guess that's proof of my interesting points.

As a long time listener (who isn't able to do the contest this time around, sorry guys) I feel that it would be an honor to work with Youko and SP if I ever got the chance, maybe even a SMYN/JPS collab podcast (Just Press Start (JPS) is my own small podcast discussing VG, VGM, Anime, manga, coverage from Otakon, etc. etc. It's still a little bit on the small side, I need to work on getting a better fanbase than just Sheezy Art. Even though they're much shorter than the 2 hour monsters that are SMYN, I feel I have the ability and what it takes to roll with you guys.)

Rash

Smash Ace
I think that this week should be scored in two ways: one with the delay and one without it. It'd be nice to see the SMYN guys critique the week based off the actual five updates themselves before revealing a score that takes the delay into account.

Although, I'm pretty sure the delay will just lower the score to 0/10 anyway. :p

DPK4

Smash Rookie
I think that this week should be scored in two ways: one with the delay and one without it. It'd be nice to see the SMYN guys critique the week based off the actual five updates themselves before revealing a score that takes the delay into account.

Although, I'm pretty sure the delay will just lower the score to 0/10 anyway. :p
yeah That's what I feel it'll be like this week as well. It would have been a great week without the delay! Even with today's update it probably would have gotten at LEAST an 8 from me

626key

Smash Journeyman

not 0, maybe 2, but not zero, (I don't give zeros to weeks with new or returning fighters)

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I don't have the stuff to make a Top 10 video, but I do have a suggestion for this week's title.

"Stick to the plan!"

It works on a couple of levels. First, this week people thought they saw a pattern when viewed with last week, what with a stage and game mode revealed in the first two days, then a character and a previous character's Final Smash revealed on Wednesday and Thursday. But then Sakurai tripped us up and revealed the Sticker power-up instead of sticking to a pattern. And then there's the fact that we learned that Brawl hasn't stuck to it's original update plans.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
ok i forget is it two or three updates that "make the cut"??

if i had to choose it'd be...
in no order

Stickers
Distant Planet
Shiek

Hard choice for me at least, I wasn't going to choose a third and just put that dialogue from Romeo and Juliet about "DO YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE AT ME SIR?!" "YES I DO!!"

p.s.s.s.s. that's what makes the rip-off so great
It's:"Teh Big Thr33"

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
My submission is nearly done. I just need to record the sound from my own voice. It's not very good and I don't expect to win, but it was fun making it and I hope Youko and SP like it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Two possible titles:

I Wanted To Delay It Again

Sakurai A.K.A Mista Stickyfingas
LOL @ I wanted to delay it again.

Meta Knight's Special Moves Part 3.

Launch into the delay

A stage for a delay.

Brawl has been Japan-only'd

Sakurai hates us.

b00bs confurmed...

What? Stickers Stick!

Brawl Delay: A sticker RPG story

BTW, hate on Nintendo's biasedness for Japan while we're at it, lol!

This week as the third last week we care about=3/10. C'mon, give us 3 characters a week, not one. That was ridiculous!

Cless

Smash Champion
LOL @ I wanted to delay it again.

Meta Knight's Special Moves Part 3.

Launch into the delay

A stage for a delay.

Brawl has been Japan-only'd

Sakurai hates us.

b00bs confurmed...

What? Stickers Stick!

Brawl Delay: A sticker RPG story

BTW, hate on Nintendo's biasedness for Japan while we're at it, lol!

This week as the third last week we care about=3/10. C'mon, give us 3 characters a week, not one. That was ridiculous!
Nintendo is a Japanese company. Name me one Japanese game company that doesn't favor Japan. Everything usually comes out there first.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Both this and Smash Dash got unstickied...
Is it not allowed to be stickied back it's two shows and not actual Brawl info besides stuff that we know from the dojo? I'm confused... Whats going on Youko?

Cless

Smash Champion
Before Kojima Productions existed and the MGS name was covered soley by Konami, MGS2 was released in America before Japan.
And no one has answered my question of whether the games sell markedly better in America.

And for everyone about the sticky, use your user cp until it gets re-stickied.

Top Bottom