• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
That definitely needs to become some catch phrase, all because of the Whobby event reports. Too good!

Strongside

Smash Apprentice
“And now, your highness, we will discuss the locat
Ha, I wish, considering we haven't even gotten a full one yet.
I am almost done :p

It took me about 20 minutes to record and find recordings of you guys, but it takes OVER 5 bloody hours to make a video to go with it...

I have 5:45 of audio, and only 4:06 of video.... roflmao I should send it to you in today or tommarow.

EDIT: FINALLY Finished!!! Just got to wait for it to upload on YouTube

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why is this thread unstickied=??? Ahh well, not TOO big of a deal. >_<

As for the video, I got like 1 minute of mine set up, but it's kinda random and stuff, since it is ME AFTER ALL! XD Seriously though-expect me to make fun of something we all hate a lot that happens a lot nowadays! :laugh:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The video aspects won't be AS important, it's mostly the quality of the top ten selection, I'd say.

EPISODE 29 IS OUT FOR DOWNLOAD!! But, this is more of a right-click-and-save link. It has not been blogged yet, I have to wait on Kirby King for something on that, so it won't be in iTunes for a little bit more time. I'll let you all know when it is, though.

This episode has a bit less sound quality (32 kbs, compared to 64 kbs) because of how much we're eating up SWF's bandwidth...OH NOZ!

Finally, Strongside's Top Ten has been posted in the first post for you all to enjoy! Great submission!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
This episode has a bit less sound quality (32 kbs, compared to 64 kbs) because of how much we're eating up SWF's bandwidth...OH NOZ!

*point point*

That's what I'm referring to.

Basically, it's easier on the forum's bandwidth if I made the podcast 30 megs instead of 60. It's for the good of the podcast's existence, so hopefully it can be beared with.

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the quality difference is definitely noticable.

May I suggest that some time on Tuesday or Wednesday, you release a higher quality version. By then, only those that REALLY want the high quality version will download it, thus giving mercy to the bandwidth.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
*point point*

That's what I'm referring to.

Basically, it's easier on the forum's bandwidth if I made the podcast 30 megs instead of 60. It's for the good of the podcast's existence, so hopefully it can be beared with.
Well, if you need to upload a higher quality version. I'd be happy to host it, after all Smash Dash only takes up about 100Meg out of my 5GB. :p

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If you guys decide to play Pikmin i recommend getting Pikmin 1 before 2
it will really help you under stand olimar

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
if the quality doesnt change in the next one i dont listen to it anymore

Overreact FTL.

It's seriously not that bad when you get into the episode. Please get over it, because it's not that big of a deal. I thought content mattered most, hm?

Maybe some of you don't realize that other podcasts run at 32 kbs as a standard...but maybe you've just been spoiled with a weekly podcast for almost the past 30 weeks.

CJay

Smash Cadet
Maybe some of you don't realize that other podcasts run at 32 kbs as a standard...but maybe you've just been spoiled with a weekly podcast for almost the past 30 weeks.

thats not true
maybe some fanpodcasts with 0 listeners. youve got a enough listeners to be professional
i like your podcast i listen to all of them but i cant overlook the quality

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Here's that Pokemon thread mentioned by Youko: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=138148

Anyway, I think you should put out a high quality version to be hosted somewhere else, and a 32 kbs to be hosted on SWF. The reduced quality is obviously noticable and slightly annoying... but you get used to it and it's not something to stop listening to the podcast over.
Yeah...I kind of have to agree there. The episode is just fine, and yeah, it is the content that matters...

but dang! :(

Puting it back up on, like, esnips or somewhere would be the best thing to do.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Hey SP, regarding modding your Wii, they might releae a patch with the game which could rendre the game useles. A *** Wii would be safer, but way too expensive!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Good idea, I'll work on an Esnips stream for those who can't stand the quality.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Defiantly Claw shot
the onion is that three legged red thing thats like a pikmin mother ship if you will

VandalD

Smash Cadet
Hook shot, if only because I got so, SO tired of using the claw shot by the end of TP, and the endless chests with rupees, but that's a whole rant. And for a tag you likely won't use SP, maybe SamRI. Kinda hard to find a way to put panda and samurai in five letters obviously.

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
Claw Shot is more awesome.

Also, we know that Ivysaur's Vine Whip is useful, so maybe Shiek's whip will be come useful.

Frogla

Smash Ace
I love the content, but when it's kind of hard to understand a sacrifice on the sites bandwidth needs to be made.

grud315

Smash Cadet
Might I ask why this post was unstickied? Just curious... and if someone answered already them I'm sorry for asking.

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
Hey Youko, just wanted to help you (and others) out with the pikmin enemies.

This is the common Bulborb. They also come in orange and hairy variations.

This is the Bulbear. There are less common, but more vicious and territorial than Bulborbs.

This is the Emperor Bulblax. He was the final boss in the original Pikmin. In Pikmin 2 there is also Empress Bulblaxes and Fiery Bulblaxes

There are also Bulbmin. These are where a parasitic type of pikmin makes a Bulborb it's host. Olimar can take control of the young Bulbmin once the large one has been defeated.

Anyways, you and Panda are doing a great job with the podcast and I hope I could help those who are a little less knowledgeable of Pikmin. Oh, and if you figure this out letter in the podcast or it has already been mentioned in the thread, sorry.

Edit: I prefer the grappling hook.:), oh and Panda maybe you can go with something like SamPa or SPnda, <(but then people might confuse you with this guy)>

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

saif442050

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom