• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Wow. I'm glad the podcast community has so much faith in me... :/

Its not like I'm going to be making my own theme songs or anything, I'm sure as hell not at Youko's caliber of podcasting. And honestly, its hard to imagine an RT without Youko, which is why it took me so long to decide to do it.
It's ok. You don't have to make it Youko-standard. The only people who will complain will be the ungrateful, and who needs them?

You can do it Panda. Heck, you don't even have to do the podcast. You can just wait it out two weeks until Youko gets back. But since you're going to try to bring the podcast to us, we should all appreciate your efforts because podcasting is hard work, and you've never really done it before have you?

Either way, SMYN owns. Samurai Panda owns. Brawl owns.

If my math is correct, I think the Pandacast will be great.

PS: We'll miss you Youko =P .

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
With the whole 30 Cards teaser CoroCoro gave us, the Megaman 20th Anniversary Countdown, and now that headset thing, is there going to be a Rumor Central this episode?

Also remember that this is the Season 2 Finale... I think...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Season 3 will start with the new year, let's put it like that.

And to clear up any potential confusion, I'm still here for this week's podcast, it's the two weeks after that which I'm gone.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
no panda won't be a guest next week but Samurai will do the solo the week after, well at least thats what i heard.
Confuzzled, Panda + Samurai = SamuraiPanda.

Heck, I think it'd be good for you, SP. I'd like to hear you try and manage the tangents etc, it will be a right ol' laugh!

couldntmakeaname

Smash Cadet
I agree with that other dude who said he doesn't like how enemies become CPUs after a disconnect. It should at least tell you so that you don't waste your time doing something you could do in 1 player mode (as if anyone plays CPUs for fun(except beating up lvl 1s)). If it tells you, you don't waste your time fighting a CPU and it doesn't stop the battle.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
I agree with that other dude who said he doesn't like how enemies become CPUs after a disconnect. It should at least tell you so that you don't waste your time doing something you could do in 1 player mode (as if anyone plays CPUs for fun(except beating up lvl 1s)). If it tells you, you don't waste your time fighting a CPU and it doesn't stop the battle.
Ah - but then, would you get something out of completing the wifi match? Sakurai hasn't said anything about that, yet:

Update: 'After With Anyone'

So you've battled online! How fascinating is that? But wait? What did you get for it?

That's right, young man. You have an STI.

Oh no! You forgot to use contraception!

What an update. (Please say people get the joke, heheh. Or I'm done for)

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just wanted to let anyone who's planning on recording brawl viewpoints know this. If you have rock band, and you have the microphone for it (the USB one), you can use it with audacity (the service youko posts on the first page) and the quality is great, and very clear. It also blocks out background noises quite well. Thought I'd let you guys know (if this hasn't been mentioned already, of course). You might have to install some drivers for it though, but my computer did it automatically.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
no panda won't be a guest next week but Samurai will do the solo the week after, well at least thats what i heard.
Of course Pnda won't be a guest, he's a CO-PRODUCER. Because it seems you have a hard time undertsnading me, I'll make it easier.

Next week, no Youko, but it's supposed to be a guest week. SP will most likely have a guest that week and the week after, neither a guest nor Youko, so it should be Gimpy and SP.
But that's why I asked, because I don't know. So don't act like you do.

Man I feel vicious today...

RDK

Smash Hero
Well,

- No trials have taken place since Buzz/Bli33ard; it's just Panda and I this week.

- After that, I'm gone for two weeks. So don't expect trials then either. SMYN is planning on continuing those two weeks though, run by Panda featuring old guests. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
Are Gimpyfish and Buzz coming back?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Are Gimpyfish and Buzz coming back?
Maybe Youko could leave a pre-done recording of him saying stuff like: "This week's updates were truly amazing (in a sarcastic tone), I mean another Game Modes! I really loved that (sarcastic tone)." (Etc., Etc.)

I bet comments like these will be 100% accurate, and there, its like Youko never left. LMAO

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Maybe Youko could leave a pre-done recording of him saying stuff like: "This week's updates were truly amazing (in a sarcastic tone), I mean another Game Modes! I really loved that (sarcastic tone)." (Etc., Etc.)

I bet comments like these will be 100% accurate, and there, its like Youko never left. LMAO
Lol yes!

Youko can just record tracks of himself and Panda can just press play and we'll hear funny quotes from Youko. =P

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, I'd like to say I solely joined these forums just because of this podcast xD

I know I can listen to them without joining but I think this made it far more worth it.

Keep up the great work.

Now I shall catch up since I'm still slightly behind lol ~listens~

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Titles:

"But maybe he's not really a starfish???"
"Stafy, why did you even come here?!"
"Waluigi appears nonetheless!"
"Seriously now. I’m not playing here."
"Oh, and it’s not like it can’t be reflected."
"Well, it’s sort of hard to explain using only static shots."

Now some non-quotes:
The old, the new, and...Waluigi. (Old being Mario Cicuit, New being whatever else like Stafy or OPTIONSlol)
Sakurai sure likes purple.
Erasing Data is serious business.

Meh, I try.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Yeh, that and "Stafy, why did you even come here?!" are my favourites.

Edit: Argh, Omni unbanned my friend so now I have to change my sig because it's lost it's funny.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
"Sakurai, He Ain't Playin'." is my title.

I know its too late for the next podcast, but it'd be awesome to get a shoutout for darkNES386.
He has gone to great lengths to preemptively come up with an online tournament system. The first onlnie tournament using his program will be Feb. 22nd. darkNES has already made a video avaliable on youtube that explains registration and everything. I know this sounds like a plug but because I'm being as active in the project as I can, I thought it would be cool if there was a way to kind of ackknowledge all the work that's being done, and since it's open to everyone on smashboards, kind of let people know about it and get more people involved. The thread is here in case you haven't already seen it.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120358

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
"Sakurai, He Ain't Playin'." is my title.

I know its too late for the next podcast, but it'd be awesome to get a shoutout for darkNES386.
He has gone to great lengths to preemptively come up with an online tournament system. The first onlnie tournament using his program will be Feb. 22nd. darkNES has already made a video avaliable on youtube that explains registration and everything. I know this sounds like a plug but because I'm being as active in the project as I can, I thought it would be cool if there was a way to kind of ackknowledge all the work that's being done, and since it's open to everyone on smashboards, kind of let people know about it and get more people involved. The thread is here in case you haven't already seen it.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120358
Two words (technically):

gamebattles.com

mlgpro.com

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Youko just left my place right now. We just finished recording the 105 minute long roundtable. And I get to wake up early tomorrow and study for my finals! Yay!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yeah, SP, I thought you were done this week. I just finished yesterday.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Finals are awful. I don't get to go home until next Saturday. Yeah my school always gets out late.

Patriots 14 - 0?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Youko just left my place right now. We just finished recording the 105 minute long roundtable. And I get to wake up early tomorrow and study for my finals! Yay!
I think a lot of you missed the first sentence...something different about this podcast than others, perhaps?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I just listened to episode 22 the other day, and I've been slowly looking for my post from like 3 months ago, or 4? I don't remember. Point is ZOMG PREDICTED MIC WAYBACKWHEN!

For some reason I couldn't get one of my posts to, well, post. But here it is...

You know what SHOW ME YOUR NEWS is completely lacking in?
A full time Australian. Mic was the breath of life that invigorated the short lived smashcast. If you guys could capitalize on an exotic accent, man, there'd be no stopping SHOW ME YOUR NEWS.
I'm stuck cooking 6-close tonight, I'll have to wait till tomorrow to listen. Youko I sent you a pm.

RDK

Smash Hero
I think a lot of you missed the first sentence...something different about this podcast than others, perhaps?
Youko went to Panda's.....?
No, you fool. It's 105 minutes long.

The title should have something to do with Waluigi or, though not related to the dojo, Corocoro.
ZOM-GUH.

"And Yet He Still Arrives."

Perfect title with a subtle jab at Waluigi fans.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I like the subtle jab part of it.
I really wanted to see "The Slider Goes Left and Right" or a jab at some of the most ridiculous Sakurai quoes ever. "Why did you even come here?"

Top Bottom