• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Falco_Friend

Smash Rookie
Hey, Youko, I'm not the best at Melee, and I don't own a Wii yet, but I just signed up to say how much I appreciate SMYN. It makes the update-less weekends much better and I really appreciate the amount of time/work you put into the podcast.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I restored the dictionary. You have to remember that on a wiki, everything is saved, even if it's not visible to you. Also, for several days before the article actually got deleted, there was a notice on top saying that someone thought it should be deleted--that's when it would have been appropriate to mention (on the talk page) that the decision should be reconsidered.

That said, since the dictionary is on SmashWiki, it should really look more like a SmashWiki article. I don't mind the fact that it's a "dictionary" so much (if the dictionary itself is what's notable, which it seems to be), but rather mind the fact that it needs some wikification (like, most notably, the use of third person instead of first person).

Also, I feel like I really shouldn't have to say this (especially in this thread), but please do not call mods/sysops/whomever Nazis just because they did something you don't like. It's rude and it's inappropriate.
Thanks KK. It really upset me when I found it was gone.

DICTIONARY UPDATE
-On sunday =P.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
This week was very ....very harsh on me.

My little star prince....

after I finnaly got a little vacation and have to buy a new cheap tablet inplace of my other lost one.

The music for the Ice Climbers was pretty much one of the best soundtrack so far, so for that awesome music i started to draw again and actually starting the SMYN t-shirt drawing ideas that Youko sugessted.

Waluigi doesn't deserve it, seriously.

but,

the outter shock of my most wanted Japan only character being turned into an AT was ....heart-rending to me, and I was pretty surprised by Sakurai insulting the litttle dude , I questions the members of another forum I go to that have a lot of Japanese friends and I got this .....surprising fact..:

a member from the other forum:

"You guys do know the reason that Stafy was so downgraded by Sakurai, right?

I didn't know this until a Japanese friend told me, but Stafy fans in Japan say that Kirby is a copy of Stafy becuase Stafy is called Hoshi no Stafy (Stafy the star) and Kirby is called Hoshi no Kaabii (Kirby the star or Kirby of the stars).

I guess there are some big fanwars over in Japan because Stafy fans are always saying that Stafy's more original than Kirby and Kirby shouldn't have been made and crap like that. So the creator of Kirby pretty much pwned all those Kirby haters in one fell swoop.

Read the description again; it's full of thinly-veiled insults"

what do you think of this?

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just looked through this week's updates and nothing else really jumped out as much as Silver's proposed title.

EDIT: HollaAtchaBoy's title, I do apologise :p

Smash Ace
EToaster refuted the "Stafy fans in Japan say that Kirby is a copy of Stafy" rumor in the official DOJO update thread. Just making sure that you all know.

Umm...

(Densetsu no Stafy)
Stafy of Legend
Game Boy Color
(Cancelled) (original schedule: December 2000)
NOTE: This is the first Stafy game listed on Wikipedia. -2.72

Kirby's Dreamland
Game Boy
April 27, 1992

Rumor debunked? :p

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
EToaster refuted the "Stafy fans in Japan say that Kirby is a copy of Stafy" rumor in the official DOJO update thread. Just making sure that you all know.
Dude, thats not really the point...-_-

I got it a little wrong. Stafy's not offically called "Hoshi no Stafy" but because he is a star, and Kirby's name can translate to "Kirby the star", fans of Stafy say that Stafy is a star and Kirby is stealing his thunder.

Which I think led to the part where Sakurai said "Is he a star? or, he's a starfish??" or something on that order.

understand the fanwars, FANWARS!!!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
nope, because i come in to post more titles! (refering to chi's post)

"It’s not like it can’t be reflected"

"Give everybody a chance to play!"

"It’s always useful to log your name"

"Hit a confirmation button"

"Rotation is limited to 16 players. Mm hmm." (only adding this because the "Mm hmm" reminds me a lot of Mr. Mackey's "M'kay" from South Park)

"Timing of the phrases"

"All options are colored purple"

"Toggle the proverbial buzz-buzz"

"We HAVE shown it briefly"

"Do battle at the crossing of the 8"

"Make them wipe out"

"He never says anything like that"

that's what i found on the Dojo. sorry, but the title pyro gave is too...dissapointing sounding. even with deconfirmations, it should still have a lively title

anyway, here are some original titles

"Menu's Galore" (few glimpses of menus in Brawl)

"Race Around the Track"

"Erasing Data is Dangerous"

"Menus and ATs Spin Right In"

that's all i got for now

EDIT: sorry silver one of your favorite characters couldn't get in. i wish i knew what it was like to not have your favorite character in so i could give more comforting words, but since i really don't know, i'll just say i'm sorry this happened for you

Falco_Friend

Smash Rookie
A lot of those titles are good, "Mmhmm" and "Toggle the proverbial buzz-buzz" are pretty good. All I've got that hasn't been mentioned yet is "Warning: Challengers Not Approaching" Not the most original, but it mentions the continuing drought as well as Friday's update confirming Stafy and Waluigi as Assist Trophies.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I was going to post that, than I read your post. Curses, foiled again!

Oh and Colbusman, you forgot one Dojo-made title that would be perfect...

"This is the main menu!"

Now, some of my other suggestions...

"This stage, I think I've seen it before"

"Deja Vu" (slight reference to the Mario Kart stage and the rehash of info from CoroCoro...)

"The Drought Continues"

goblue86

Smash Rookie
Most of the good quotes are from the options update IMO
speaking of the options menu quotes, here are a few (sorry if any of these were said):
Seriously now. I’m not playing here.
I mean it now. Don’t mess around on this screen
Well, it’s sort of hard to explain using only static shots
This is the main menu!

:chuckle:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Okay, I was listening to episode 21, and you guys talked about the Michael Jackson game, I have it for Sega Genesis, and you killed zombies and gangsters by dancing at them. Top notch game, I'll post a pic of the cartridge later, its hillarious.

"Michael Jackson's Moonwalker"

EDIT:

I popped it in and played it for a bit, you are just going through this abandoned parking garage, and this comet falls, and you have to fight zombies because of it?

I remember when I was really young and first played it, I had to ask my dad if Michael Jackson was a man or a woman. Classic.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
You know... for complaining that Kirby is a copy of Stafy... well... isn't just about all Kirby does is copy? xD lol. Just messin' around.

I've seen that MJ video game before, but never for consol, just in arcades. Dancing to kill zombies... and I thought the most effective way was to use Pheonix Downs after FF10...

If you ask me the quote of the week from the DOJO would be... "The slider goes left and right," for the options update on the sound/music ratio. I had one thought and one thought only: Noooooooooooo really? xD

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Of course! At SMYN, we know our pop culture references. Or at least one of us will. :p

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
It's true.

So Panda, how soon do you think you can get the article and translate it?
I'm seriously hoping we get new information considering we didn't get ANY character update at ALL this week.

Since the DOJO started there's been atleast one character update per week, and this week we had none. So I'm seriously hoping CoroCoro has something new for us.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Um...check the at least two threads that exist on Coro-Coro. We got nothing. Just rehashes of DOJO material like some of us predicted...

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Trials are kind of biweekly or whenever Youko and SamuraiPanda feel like it.

There aren't any trials this week. Probably next week though.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Well,

- No trials have taken place since Buzz/Bli33ard; it's just Panda and I this week.

- After that, I'm gone for two weeks. So don't expect trials then either. SMYN is planning on continuing those two weeks though, run by Panda featuring old guests. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

FallenAngelPit

Smash Apprentice
Okay.

Hopefully Panda doesn't screw up BADLY.
thats a big "hopefully" :p (jk)
I dont think there copys of each other, they were both contemplated from a hypothetical situation in which a plushy character "of the stars" travels through a bunch of coulorful lands that evolved in two different directions.
and they both have creepy eyes. yeh.
edit:
darn. forgot my finishing line.

farewell :cool:

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Man, I would love to contribute to SMYN again, but unless I come up with a good viewpoint and record it in the next 4 or 5 days, I, well, can't. Like Youko I'll be gone during Christmas, I won't even be able to listen to the podcast till I get back.

Oh well, maybe I'll be able to contribute something before school kicks back in.

...Hm, I just came up with a funny idea for a Brawl Viewpoint for the week before Brawl comes out here.
"Picking up Your Copy. How should you go about picking up this epic game? Will you tackle Classic, Subspace with a friend, or Brawl mode first? Rather you're camping outside the night before or going in a week later, you won't want to hear sonso's opinion on this!"
Ok, it was funnier in my head.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
YOUKO!!!!!!!!
i absouloutley love the podcast... i mean every sunday i download it and i listen to it monday afternoon when our gay soccer coach make us run 10 miles... but time flies listening to the show... and please please talk about VOICE CHAT this week

here read this article http://wii.ign.com/articles/841/841550p1.html

i mean aside maybe the probabblity of RIDLEY in brawl VOICE CHAT is up there on most peoples list of brawls other features.... im all for it but i can see how nintendo wouldnt put it in.. im mean its like you guys said last podcast... by someway or somehow there will be interaction between a "RANDOM" player and yourself, i mean with having to exchange friend codes and what not, and if we are going to INTEREACT i would rather it be vocally than TYPINGLY??
idk
just my 2 cents
BUT PLEASE TALK ABOUT VOICE CHAT.,.. i wanna hear some.... INTELLECTUAL OPINIONS,rather than "v01c3 ch47 4 BrAwL ZOMG!!1111"

Cless

Smash Champion
Sounds good to me. I'd like to be on the roundtable, but that would cost money, and I'm probably a boring person to talk to anyway.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Wow. I'm glad the podcast community has so much faith in me... :/

Its not like I'm going to be making my own theme songs or anything, I'm sure as hell not at Youko's caliber of podcasting. And honestly, its hard to imagine an RT without Youko, which is why it took me so long to decide to do it.

Top Bottom