• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Wow, a lot to talk about with this update, both good and bad...

I think the good outweigh the bad for me though. Mostly cuz of Sound Test from the beginning, and the musical selections we were informed of.

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
the musical selections we were informed of.
More specifically, the Pokemon song updates, isn't it? Although personally, the Ice Climbers song sounded too random for me, going from jazz to rock and the background sounds. It's just that the transition wasn't right. Well, until I hear it while playing on the stage, of course.. But what I found interesting was the vault option. It could be as simple as a trophy and sticker viewer. But with Sakurai, you will never really know what to expect.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
You just know there's going to be a "The Vault" update coming.

"You can view your stickers and trophies here! Isn't that neat! This is epic! Can we really do this?!?!?" >.<

The best part of this update was the pokemon wild battle music from RSE, which is possibly the best pokemon battle music of all the generations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lj16YwWrHk

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Hey Colbusman, if it makes you feel any better, the first episode I ever listened to was the one with you on it. So I thought that you were on all the time, until I listened to the next episode and you weren't there. I thought you did a good job.

There was only one guest I didn't like especially, and that was only because they weren't very talkative. For the life of me though, I don't remember who it was.

As for today's update, I think I liked it for one reason. After weeks about joking about it on the podcast (see I related to the actual topic!), we finally got the day it happened.

"This is the main menu!"

I about died laughing. We all knew it was going to happen, but it finally did. So Thanks for that.

And there is entirely to much pink/purple in the game. My hope is that since the sound test is there from the beginning, you will be able to unlock "Color changes" in the game, to change the main menu and what not. I mean I know the Wii is white and all, but this is getting ridiculous.

And I was so busy last week that I never saw the trails for who would be the guest. Where was that? I know I stand next to no chance of making it on the show, but I sure would love to. Though if I could just find that darn microphone, I'd do a viewpoint...

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Hey Colbusman, if it makes you feel any better, the first episode I ever listened to was the one with you on it. So I thought that you were on all the time, until I listened to the next episode and you weren't there. I thought you did a good job.

There was only one guest I didn't like especially, and that was only because they weren't very talkative. For the life of me though, I don't remember who it was.

As for today's update, I think I liked it for one reason. After weeks about joking about it on the podcast (see I related to the actual topic!), we finally got the day it happened.

"This is the main menu!"

I about died laughing. We all knew it was going to happen, but it finally did. So Thanks for that.

And there is entirely to much pink/purple in the game. My hope is that since the sound test is there from the beginning, you will be able to unlock "Color changes" in the game, to change the main menu and what not. I mean I know the Wii is white and all, but this is getting ridiculous.

And I was so busy last week that I never saw the trails for who would be the guest. Where was that? I know I stand next to no chance of making it on the show, but I sure would love to. Though if I could just find that darn microphone, I'd do a viewpoint...
Oh, don't worry, it's only white until Dr. Mario is unlocked...Then it becomes green until you figure out how to get Master Chief. :psycho:

Seriously though, a color change is a great idea. I find myself pining for Melee's color layout every time I see the menu.

Oh, Samurai Panda, I did laugh when I saw the "Well, it’s sort of hard to explain using only static shots," remark. I think Sakurai listens to the podcast too. ;)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I have to say I liked this one too. And to all you who don't like this one, just think of the widescreen update or You Must Recover! in comparison. I liked the music we got to see, and that we get the sound test from square one. I wonder, did it say whether or not it includes music from the obtainable CD's n the update? I'm in my computerlab-studyhall, and its blocked on this network so i can't go back and look.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
ouch...

piffman and I will probably not be happy about this...

what was wrong with us?
that hurt even more...

but hey, it's hard being the first roundtable guest, and i did it when i was very sick!

i still want to come back on and do another episode
Meh, you were MY favourite guest.
That better mean alot dammit! I mean, my post count is over 92000!!.

Anyways, the Vault? Other than the music parts of this update, I hated it.

Also, 2 more days for character updates. CoroCoro mag is on the 15th. Hmm...

Smash Ace
My computer can't open the New Falcon Theme file. Firefox redirects me here when I try (bit it can save the mp3 to my hard drive normally), iTunes just fails, and Windows Media Player tells me that the extension (.mp3) does not match the file format and then, if I tell it to try anyway, it says:

Windows Media Player said:
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.
Also, the file is only 49 kB, which is very small for an mp3.

Anyone know what's wrong?

FallenAngelPit

Smash Apprentice
you know what I just noticed, youko STILL hasn't put up the windows media player (wmp) link for the falcon punch song! why, youko, WHY!?!?
anyways, todays update was pretty, well, ok, when I first saw it, I was like, "where's the stage builder?" then I totaly freaked out for about 1/2 a minute thinking it was unlockable, then realized it was in 1 player (or "solo") :laugh:

farewell :cool:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...NO idea why it's doing that. Whatever. I just uploaded it onto Esnips and changed the link in the first post so you can hack into Esnips (instructions still on first post) if you want the actual mp3 file.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
My computer can't open the New Falcon Theme file. Firefox redirects me here when I try (bit it can save the mp3 to my hard drive normally), iTunes just fails, and Windows Media Player tells me that the extension (.mp3) does not match the file format and then, if I tell it to try anyway, it says:

Also, the file is only 49 kB, which is very small for an mp3.

Anyone know what's wrong?
YAY! I'm not the only one who suffers from this problem! I am not insane after all!

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Oh man! I practically wrote an essay about today;s update, and how this thread is turning into the 'SMYN community "How we think today's update went"' thread, rather than actual podcast discussion (then I clicked the X on the tab by accident. It was a mega post that would have taken lightyears to read.)

Heh, I'm not too bothered about 'returning' onto the Roundtable (as a few people have suggested), though it would be nice. I'm not going to ramble on ever again about that, Youko's impression or how the main menu's aesthetic characteristics really sicken me.

FallenAngelPit

Smash Apprentice
...NO idea why it's doing that. Whatever. I just uploaded it onto Esnips and changed the link in the first post so you can hack into Esnips (instructions still on first post) if you want the actual mp3 file.
wow, thanks youko! im gonna go listen to it now.
and after that i'll, umm, err, eat my eye! :lick:

farewell :cool:

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
What happened to the SMYN dictionary?
Nothing?

How come everyone keeps thinking it's dying? There weren't many words in EP23 so I wasn't in a hurry to enter anything. I have a life too you know. And FYI, to anyone that was wondering, I'll be updating it tonight and sometime this week a friend and I are REALLY going to make it look like a dictionary.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Nothing?

How come everyone keeps thinking it's dying? There weren't many words in EP23 so I wasn't in a hurry to enter anything. I have a life too you know. And FYI, to anyone that was wondering, I'll be updating it tonight and sometime this week a friend and I are REALLY going to make it look like a dictionary.
I just checked. The dictionary is MISSING.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
There was a notice by the smashwikinazis saying that it was up for deletion, or that it should at least be merged with the SMYN topic itself at the most

RDK

Smash Hero
The Smash Wiki nazis have been deleting a lot of pages recently. I don't see what the point is, as people can just re-created the page and paste the saved article back in.

Honestly, I don't know what the big deal is with not letting people make pages. If it has something to do with Smash, why not let it go?

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Looking for a person for Round Table? heres one!

I am one of the post december 3rd people that joined the forums because they couldnt just have the dojo updates. So most people dont really know me.

When i play SSBM I play as Sheik, we play on tournament stages and items on low, do i consider myself a tournament player? no, i dont play in tournaments. I do however consider myself to be good at SSBM, i use many advanced techniques and have played that game since afew weeks after release. in the last year i play about every other day. Also something i noticed, you guys on the podcast haven't played much smash 64, well i have. I actually got the day it came out (even thou i was very young) i probably wasnt very good at the game but i do remember a lot of things from it cause i played it so much. In brawl i am most looking forward to getting a fresh start and learning more advanced techniques from the get-go. Also i have listened to 2 episodes of the podcast when they were new, and about 3 others before that. I hope you invite me to round table and cya later

BTW if i posted this in the wrong place, srry, cause i sorta think i did

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
WOW. WOW.

They DELETED my Dictionary. Wow.
I'm so angry right now.

Plus side: I still have all the words saved somewhere.
Minus side: It took me a while to organize and properly define everything. Also, I'm not quite sure where I put the words.

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
Is there a certain way to submit questions to the SMYN roundtable. One thing I wanted to ask them is if they believe some stages won't be able to make it online. Afterall, the more complicated Mario Kart DS courses had to stay out, maybe something like Delfino Plaza is too much for online.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Panda should unleash the ban hammer on their Smashboards accounts.

"I banned you, how badass is that?"

:)

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
WOW. WOW.

They DELETED my Dictionary. Wow.
I'm so angry right now.

Plus side: I still have all the words saved somewhere.
Minus side: It took me a while to organize and properly define everything. Also, I'm not quite sure where I put the words.
I restored the dictionary. You have to remember that on a wiki, everything is saved, even if it's not visible to you. Also, for several days before the article actually got deleted, there was a notice on top saying that someone thought it should be deleted--that's when it would have been appropriate to mention (on the talk page) that the decision should be reconsidered.

That said, since the dictionary is on SmashWiki, it should really look more like a SmashWiki article. I don't mind the fact that it's a "dictionary" so much (if the dictionary itself is what's notable, which it seems to be), but rather mind the fact that it needs some wikification (like, most notably, the use of third person instead of first person).

Also, I feel like I really shouldn't have to say this (especially in this thread), but please do not call mods/sysops/whomever Nazis just because they did something you don't like. It's rude and it's inappropriate.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
So that explains why I couldn't find the dictionary the other day when I was going to review what's been covered!

Tis a shame to have been deleted; but thanks a bunch for the restoration Kirby King!

.... also... is there a name we can call them? =P lol

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
.... also... is there a name we can call them? =P lol
"Jerks" seems more than appropriate. ^_^

Anyway, I just did a big clean-up job on the article, as well as adding a few citations, links to other articles, and (of course) "Dang Skippy!" to the list. Are we good now, or will more changes need to be made?

Also, for reasons unknown, the SMYN page doesn't link to the dictionary at all. Someone should fix that ASAP...

Top Bottom