• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
xD I remember someone on another site freaking out one time because he thought he found a leaked Luigi confirmed in a video... but when I told him to look at it again he realised it was just Yoshi. rofl

bryguy2049

Smash Rookie
I think so far the only confirmation of Luigi is that one interview at E For All with that one oldish guy. Also the fact that common sense says that he is still in this game. =_=

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Yeah. I'm hoping he got his Vacuum from Luigi's Mansion... it's only fitting considering that Mario has his FLUDD. (or is it FLUUD?)

Maybe it'd be sorta like a mix of a grab and Kirby's swallow... just a thought. =]

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So...wait, why are we talking about Luigi again?

Before it gets any more involved, let's get back to podcast discussion.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
moderators...nice work Youko and SamuraiPanda.

what is there really to talk about anymore? usually this thread is dead until Saturday. i mean you get all your feedback on Sunday and a little today, but what else is there to be said anyway about last week?

EDIT: this is refering to Youko's post of getting this thread back to what it's about and not getting off topic, but sorry Youko, with a thread this popular, it's easy for it to happen. anyway, i'm gonna watch Scrubs. thanks Youko for gettin me to watch it!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
wwe is not good

wwf and wcw became one, wwf was decent a ways before that happened, but for a short while before that the wwf was just becoming fail fail fail

once the two became one it was just awful

and after the wwe switch

ugh.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Youko it was Syber Sunday and wwe is still good. i dont care if its fake your favorite show is fake
I have nor respect for fans of WWE or any of the other wrestling federations (TNC is another one I think). They are soap operas with terrible actors on steroids. The "fighting" is so fake it's laughable. The only reason those shows are still on the air is because of the hicks and stupid people who buy into it and watch it. To see that they stole the Metroid logo just fueled my disgust.
If you want to see actual fighting look no further than the UFC. Those guys are real fighters.

*ahem* So when are you holding trials for the next Roundtable Youko?

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
The Podcast Man

Not to try and make myself look big or important, but I think I'd make a great addition to the podcast. I know how podcasts work a lot more than some people think they do. The only problem is the people I live with. It would be hard to do the podcast with them around. :ohwell:

And one more thing, one person doing a podcast is ridiculous. Which is why I'm SO glad it's become a permanent Round Table/real podcast. I also think it's kinda ridiculous that Youko is limiting it to three people. To my experience, the more people the better. Now I'm not saying go overboard with like seven or eight people, but like four or five people wouldn't be too bad. I remember Youko and Samurai Panda were acting like more than three people was the end of the world. When I heard their reactions I thought to myself what the hell is wrong with these guys!?

My negative comments asside, I want to say that the last podcast was very well done. I'm glad it wasn't rehearsed or read off a card or anything because the fun of a podcast is pulling stuff out of your a$$ and saying random things. Good job. Keep it up. :cool:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
And one more thing, one person doing a podcast is ridiculous. Which is why I'm SO glad it's become a permanent Round Table/real podcast. I also think it's kinda ridiculous that Youko is limiting it to three people. To my experience, the more people the better. Now I'm not saying go overboard with like seven or eight people, but like four or five people wouldn't be too bad. I remember Youko and Samurai Panda were acting like more than three people was the end of the world. When I heard their reactions I thought to myself what the hell is wrong with these guys!?

And that's why you're not the one who organizes the podcast every week. People forget, people won't show, thus causing more and more waiting and more and more time...and isn't that the reason I switched to the Roundtable in the first place? Besides we have some technical issues connecting three people to begin with. And if you think it's tough to balance discussion with three people...forget about it with four/five. So we JUST might have an idea of what we're doing, but thanks for your opinion.

As for the Trials results...well, there's only one person this week who we held a trial for. See, we're switching to two people for the trials to give it more of a "head-to-head" feel for the voting, and plus there are fewer time commitments for us. And as it has already been established, Blackadder didn't show for his. Who's the other one, who will be in next week's episode? I'll post the trial WEDNESDAY. After all, this gives you all something to do in the weekend lull.

Thank you to most of you for your compliments regarding the status change.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
-Sigh- It seems like if I was still on the cast I'd be in the same boat as these two right there.

Great Job Youko and... SamuraiPanda. You two... really deserve it. Again...
You seem to be misunderstanding something, Sariku. I did not become a mod because of SMYN. Nor did I receive a premium membership because of SMYN. So even if you were still doing Who's In, you would not "be in the same boat" as us. You need to stop assuming things.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Dare I say it, was this update...retroriffic?

...Nah, that was too easy.

Where's that list of made-up words, guys? I really thought someone would do that, out of all the things we asked.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
hmmm. How about...
INKDROPPING
Oh you said made-up words, not stupid made-up words. My bad.

Oh and I'm so glad to see more mods around here. We sure need them.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Well, I meant the ones that were said on the podcast...was it really that long that people just zoned out and didn't pay attention?

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Not to try and make myself look big or important, but I think I'd make a great addition to the podcast. I know how podcasts work a lot more than some people think they do. The only problem is the people I live with. It would be hard to do the podcast with them around. :ohwell:

we got over this, this is a fanmade podcast, they don't get payed for this, they don't have time to orignize more than three people in one roundtable.

I DON'T WANT to listen to more than three people...even three is kinda a lot...

Keep it youkoish...
<<Is that a word?!? O_o

Samuraipanda
You seem to be misunderstanding something, Sariku. I did not become a mod because of SMYN. Nor did I receive a premium membership because of SMYN. So even if you were still doing Who's In, you would not "be in the same boat" as us. You need to stop assuming things.
.........really......:ohwell:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
.........really......:ohwell:

Yep, SP was already an established member of the SWF community long before SMYN came around. He is the creator of the esteemed "Translation Thread" and had BRoom privileges. Now, obviously, SMYN is my pride and joy, but cut SP some slack because he's done a lot more for the Brawl community than most people realize.

silver777

Smash Champion
Yep, SP was already an established member of the SWF community long before SMYN came around. He is the creator of the esteemed "Translation Thread" and had BRoom privileges. Now, obviously, SMYN is my pride and joy, but cut SP some slack because he's done a lot more for the Brawl community than most people realize.
I know about SP's importance here, I really do.:)

I was actually wondering why he just became a mod now and not before.

but, I was more referring to you more than to him, you know, It really looked like you became a mod and received a premium membership because of SMYN.

I am not saying it as a bad thing, no no no i really don't.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
it became wwe because wwf(world wildlife federation ) was going to sue wrestling so they had to change the name NWO had hogan in it it was there gang i guess u could call it.. if wresting was bad it wouldn be sold out ever single PPV fiday and sunday for the last 10 years

edit im sorry im spamming like this but i dont bash your favorite show... but its you oppinon not mine

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Well as a respected and revered figure, and someone who probably brought more people to Smashboards than almost anyone else on these forums, I think Youko is definitely deserving of mod status no matter what his medium is.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
the quality has definitely degraded over time, but that doesn't mean that it has no fans.

and it hasn't sold out everything for the past ten years, so I don't know where your getting that BS from

Kentalish

Smash Lord
ohh noice i diddnt see you guys became mods nice work. I just hope u dont go power crazy gimpy*cough* Fsmash*cough*

edit: Classic-Black maby if u watched it and not say u did if u look at the crouds there packed.... and were i got the bs was from the news and wwe.com

edit edit: cant u buy premium?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I know about SP's importance here, I really do.:)

I was actually wondering why he just became a mod now and not before.

but, I was more referring to you more than to him, you know, It really looked like you became a mod and received a premium membership because of SMYN.

I am not saying it as a bad thing, no no no i really don't.
There was never a need for mods prior to now, as the Dojo made the Brawl boards explode and other mods have their hands full... so they decided to recruit more. Keep in mind that my translations happened a full year before the Dojo was announced.

And I was speaking for myself, not Youko.

BTW, I laughed pretty hard when I saw your "Objection" picture, as I was playing Phoenix Wright when I saw it :D

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Kenta, I have watched it but they have not sold out every arena for ten years straight. I got that from the Ross report over the years off WWE.com.

Also, camera tricks and angles can be used to make stadiums more packed then they really are. I've been to a few shows, that I know for a fact weren't packed completely, but they still make it seem that way on tv

silver777

Smash Champion
There was never a need for mods prior to now, as the Dojo made the Brawl boards explode and other mods have their hands full... so they decided to recruit more. Keep in mind that my translations happened a full year before the Dojo was announced.

And I was speaking for myself, not Youko.

as i said, I didn't take it as a bad thing or anything, just pointing it out.
don't ban me, please! o^o;
BTW, I laughed pretty hard when I saw your "Objection" picture, as I was playing Phoenix Wright when I saw it :D
oh, yes. awesome game.;)

Take that! >=D

soaz

Smash Ace
I remember you guys talking about coming up with a verb and i came up with one. If it has been taken then please tell me and if it was just a joke then tell me:p. Youkoling,that is when you make a podcast about smash. The best i could come up with i know its lame but well you know:p.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Hey everyone, just dropping by to explain really quickly why I thinik I would be a good addition for the next available podcast. Obviously this is a podcast about Brawl that is geared both towards the competitive players and the non-competitive players. I'm obviously a competitive player who attends tournaments pretty often and I do fairly well in said tournaments, but that doesn't have anything to do with why I think I would be good on the podcast. The main reason? I've played the game. Yes, I have played Brawl, and I got quite a lot of playtime and I know quite a lot about the game because of my extensive notes I took at E for All. Most likely everybody in this thread has read at least some of my thread if they have any curiosity about Brawl whatsoever. I also wouldn't even mind just answering some user submitted questions every so often if there was time for it on the show. Some things are just hard to explain in text, it would be great to be able to participate in something like this!

Anyways, keep up the good work guys, I'm lovin the show.

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Gimpy in SMYN

Gimpy's idea sounds pretty good. It add some more variety and community involvement, two things I know SMYN wants

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Balloon Fighters probably carries the Summit back ontop of the mountain.

Top Bottom