• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Roundtable Trial is up. Just one? Yeah, there's no voting this week. As I said earlier, we're only selecting two for each trial session for a more head-to-head feel, but we couldn't make arrangements with Blackadder due to time zone.

So I'm glad to announce that Piffman2 will join us for Episode 19's Roundtable!

There were some mic issues, but we were pressed for time, so they should be resolved for the actual Roundtable. Hopefully. For now, enjoy the trial!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
My bad, I swear I copied it the first time.

Guess it happens when you're trying to copy it into threads telling people to go there.

Anyway, it's fixed now.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Youko made an uh-oh...

anyway, i'll point out some things i noticed while listening

-Krystal's alleged "voice actor" only voiced her in Assault

-I know why you find Jennifer Hale recognizable Youko. She voiced Cortana in the Halo series

-You don't neccesarily need Knuckle Joe to have an accent, since really all he'll probably do is grunt

I like the voice acting in video games, and i'm glad to hear something like this on the podcast. But here's my opinion on Piffman

You did...ok. You sounded...random. You came up with subjects in a very random manner, even though the trial did go off subject, your dialouge sounded very, very random at points. Plus, do you have braces, cause you sound like you have them. I'm dissapointed Johnknight wasn't given another chance, cause honestly I didn't like yours very much Piffman. If you fixed getting off subject too much then I would of liked it more. But i'm gonna say no to Piffman and convince Youko to give Johnknight his chance.

sorry man, but that's how i feel

EDIT: i had to go through it again to give you an example of random, and it's when you mentioned "The internet weeps..." I mean you start by saying the guys want girls more than girls want girls, then suddenly talk about the internet weeps. it sounded very...awkward

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Ep. 20 is mine @ the RoundTable, LOL!

Jk, jk. Maybe. It depends if Youko & SP want me there :p

EDIT: It'd be a nice birthday present.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I think Roundtable guests are every other week, so you would be episode 21 if anything. Ad you would be up against Gimpyfish it looks like, so good luck to you sir.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
nice job on the mod spots youko and SP

can't wait for the next ep, hopefully Gimpy will be in the one after, i want to hear someone who's played brawl, and who knows when he'll start posting video blogs (though all the other updates were pretty quick)

if i did a brawl vp on final smashes would it be accepted? ( i don't remember if its been done, and i don't have any other good ideas)

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Youko made an uh-oh...

anyway, i'll point out some things i noticed while listening

-Krystal's alleged "voice actor" only voiced her in Assault

-I know why you find Jennifer Hale recognizable Youko. She voiced Cortana in the Halo series

-You don't neccesarily need Knuckle Joe to have an accent, since really all he'll probably do is grunt

I like the voice acting in video games, and i'm glad to hear something like this on the podcast. But here's my opinion on Piffman

You did...ok. You sounded...random. You came up with subjects in a very random manner, even though the trial did go off subject, your dialouge sounded very, very random at points. Plus, do you have braces, cause you sound like you have them. I'm dissapointed Johnknight wasn't given another chance, cause honestly I didn't like yours very much Piffman. If you fixed getting off subject too much then I would of liked it more. But i'm gonna say no to Piffman and convince Youko to give Johnknight his chance.

sorry man, but that's how i feel

EDIT: i had to go through it again to give you an example of random, and it's when you mentioned "The internet weeps..." I mean you start by saying the guys want girls more than girls want girls, then suddenly talk about the internet weeps. it sounded very...awkward
You are certainly entitled to your opinion and constructive criticism like this is always helpful. I just thought I should try to explain a few things

First, I don't wear braces but I see what you mean. It does sound like i do. Weird

Second, when i said "the internet weeps" i meant since there are probably more male fans of smash on the inernet and in general they would be sad that a female character could potentially be removed.

Finally, as I said in the trial, voice acting isn't huge part of Nintendo's games so there isn't a whole lot to say on the subject but I see where you're coming from with the randomness. I'll definately try to fix it IF I get on the Roundtable

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
You are certainly entitled to your opinion and constructive criticism like this is always helpful. I just thought I should try to explain a few things

First, I don't wear braces but I see what you mean. It does sound like i do. Weird

Second, when i said "the internet weeps" i meant since there are probably more male fans of smash on the inernet and in general they would be sad that a female character could potentially be removed.

Finally, as I said in the trial, voice acting isn't huge part of Nintendo's games so there isn't a whole lot to say on the subject but I see where you're coming from with the randomness. I'll definately try to fix it IF I get on the Roundtable
again, i have nothing against you, and i'm glad you're not mad (at least by reading this you don't seem too mad). however, i knew someone who did the same thing you did, just uttered out random phrases at inappropriate times, and he was a really annoying person.

now, i'm not calling you annoying, but that trait is very awkward, and i don't want to have this awkward feel in the podcast. but i wish you the best of luck...except...you don't need it. you're automatically on the next podcast. so maybe i'm wishing you...a good time with Youko and Samuari. you did a good job on the trial...without those random moments...

and sorry for doing this in your thread Youko, but...

off-topic shameless advertisment! (well, it relates to an episode, but it's still sorta off topic) guys, i said i'd be glad to play against you guys in GHIII...and no one has PM me their friend code. i mean cmon! i'm bored here! i want to face you guys! Youko's my only buddy!

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I'll play you Colb, but you'll have to wait till December when I get my Wifi back. And till I can get past the Medium difficulty. >.< Btw, South Park episode tonight is about Guitar Hero! Should be awesome.

Is it too late to submit mailtime questions for this week Youko?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Make sure Gimpyfish gets in on the Roundtable as soon as possible. Forgiveness will only come if Gimpyfish jumps on making his video blog consistent. :p

Sariku

Smash Master
Episode 21? If Gimpyfish competes for the Spot, I want to run against him, xDDD.

Gimpy, just think. It'll be like your Bowser F-Smashing my Marth if we was playing Melee.

Till I tipper you and take the Victory.

- Waits 10 minutes and still sees no support for me -

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
To the voice actor discussion-

I wouldn't really say Samus had voice acting in Prime when the only time you hear her voice is when she gets hurt-with those painful moans. But I guess sexy, hurtful, moans need a voice too.

Blackadder

Smash Master
^^
Eh?
I did what now? :laugh:

Explain all, in a long and detailed post!

Edit:
Ah, I see. I shall pwn Gimpy! You'll see!
...I'm boned anyways. We all know he'll be in. XD

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hopefully Next Roundtable trial thingy.
First time Samurai Panda never showed up, and the second time I was so addicted to Res Evil 4, I forgot about my trial...

Next time I'll be waiting all freakin' weekend for my trial. XD

Incidently, you should go for a trial some time man.

I used the word "trial" way to much then. XD

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Tonights update brings terrible news... Goodbye Psychic user who made me excited about smash 64. If it wasn't for you I may not have gotten into Smash at such an early age. I've whipped these up in tribute of the warrior. Nothing Big, just a few seconds in photoshop for humorous purposes.

Rest in Peace Ness

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Episode 21? If Gimpyfish competes for the Spot, I want to run against him, xDDD.

Gimpy, just think. It'll be like your Bowser F-Smashing my Marth if we was playing Melee.

Till I tipper you and take the Victory.

- Waits 10 minutes and still sees no support for me -
^^

This guy is trying too much.

Give him joy.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Tonights update brings terrible news... Goodbye Psychic user who made me excited about smash 64. If it wasn't for you I may not have gotten into Smash at such an early age. I've whipped these up in tribute of the warrior. Nothing Big, just a few seconds in photoshop for humorous purposes.

Rest in Peace Ness
Maybe that's what Mr. Itoi wants.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hey, Silver, could you quickly post up that picture of Knuckle Joe here?
As it is LEET!

That one you posted all over me for a reason I forget now. XD

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Hey, Silver, could you quickly post up that picture of Knuckle Joe here?
As it is LEET!

That one you posted all over me for a reason I forget now. XD
I've made three of them so far(excluding the SP and the roundtable one)
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/silverlunar777/no-1.jpg fear Mr. Saturn(I liked the Saturn table as the new name for the roundtable BTW)
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/silverlunar777/knucklejoesays-no.jpg Knuckle Joe, my favorite helper.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/silverlunar777/OBJECTION-yoshi.jpg Yoshi playing too much Phoenix Wright.
and I just made this yesterday http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/silverlunar777/fox-fail.jpg Fox sucks in brawl that he can't even fly an Arwing.

use them as you like.

about Ness...
Personally, I'm glad that the debating is over. While its sad to see Ness go, I wouldn't want Ness and Lucas to both be in, even if they had different moves. I'd rather have a different kind of Mother character....like Claus.

As i said, Maybe thats what Mr. Itoi wants.

CJay

Smash Cadet
Hi Yoko and Samurai Panda
i just felt like writing a line to you, first i have to say that im from switzerland and english is not my motherlanguage (its german) so excuse me for my bad grammar, ill try to make you understand what i have to say.

Im listening to your podcast quite a while now and i want to add something to a topic you'll discussed in the last Ep of SMYN.

I Play Smash since it came out in the US (yes i import every game from the US) and im a hardcore smash gamer. im really god at it, really, and i do play with items.

Playing with items isnt just Luck after all, yeah i know there are the exploding crates and barrels. What you can do is turning off the "unfair" ones and set them on low. It takes a good amount of skill to grab, throw and dodge the items. Its unbelievable funny to dodge a Pokemon and pwn another player at the same time. and it really isnt that easy.

i allways compare the Game with items with Poker, there is a lot of luck involved (what cards do i get = what items spawns in front of me) but with smart playing and skill you can turn the odds on your side. And dont get me wrong, i do sometimes play without items and i do enjoy this as well. But i allways think that you underestimated players who play with items.

There are Hardcore gamers out there who play with items, and its not that much of luck and id adds a lot of fun and new things to the game.

So i hope you read this and understand what i tried to say in my poor English lol.
You two make an incredible good job with your podcast, keep up the good work.

Cya
CJay

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Orrrrr you could put it in your sig and not even get in trouble by spamming, orrrrr you could PM them telling to check it out and spread the word...I'm not going to abuse my new privileges for something like that.

Anyway, I think I need an entry on the SmashWiki. Problem is, I have zero clue how to edit a Wiki. Can anybody help me out?
Fair enough. Also, eGruntz and Sariku know their way around Wiki.

Rawr, I'm hopinh the Roundtable apps run out soon to increase my chances of getting on. w00t.

For now, I'll work on some Mailtime and BV's.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
LULZ ALL CAPITAL SPAM POSTS FTL.

I'd have to say todays update was the only good one. Items ftl. Tourney***s r00l.
Goodluck with the roundtable. And I know you're going to be great Piff!

Top Bottom