• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
So it's hard to do a preview when we haven't recorded the rundown yet.

But I'm going to pick "Through the Foxes and Flames" as the title.

@Pyroloserkid
When I got my SmashWiki entry written, the "dictionary" can go on there. Of course, both have to be created first.
Sweet, one of my titles got picked. Hope you got my mailtime question.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I found out this morning that my comp has a built-in mic... XD so I decided to record my mailtime question and resend it. Hope it came out alright.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
I think you should audition to guest on the Roundtable sometime if you can or haven't already, Silver. </nominate>
oh, no no no! I am too shy (=^.^=)

I found out this morning that my comp has a built-in mic... XD so I decided to record my mailtime question and resend it. Hope it came out alright.
coincidence? I just find out that my MP3 player have a recorder... :urg::mad::mad:

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master

@Pyroloserkid
When I got my SmashWiki entry written, the "dictionary" can go on there. Of course, both have to be created first.

Lmao, rundown. You're hilarious Youko =P .

Also, yeh, when you create the Wiki, HOLLAH.
/endwankster.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

i feel shot down. so many titles, samuari liked one, and none of them got picked. oh well, this is a badass title anyway. plus, i love playin that particular song this title is making fun of in Guitar Hero anyway, so congrats to Aryman for thinkin of it

now if you'll excuse me...(runs to quickly do homework so he can play "Through the Fire and Flames on GHIII)

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I've seen all of the above animes. Two of them are some of my all-time favorites. Ippo takes the spot for #1 anime, and Berserk takes the spot for #1 manga.

And in all honesty, I'm not too into Samurais. I simply act like I am because its part of my name. That said, I've never seen Twilight Samurai, but I've seen Yojimbo and Seven Samurai, the latter of which is my favorite classic Samurai movie (if you haven't already, check out Zatoichi, its pretty good). I am also trying to see Rashomon, but I couldn't find the DVD with English subtitles while I was in Japan. I guess I should just get it off Amazon or something, but I don't feel like it yet.
*wii post*
Ippo is so cool! I don't know why but it makes me want to box. Berserk...the ending made me shout to the heavens in anger. I never read the manga :( does Guts ever get his revenge on Griffith? I heard he can turn into a wolf or something? Also, why is Casaca all ******** in the Dreamcast game?

Ok thats all, can't wait for the next SMYN.

*that only took 15 minutes to type*

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ooo i have a good anime to see if you have seen its a very obscure and very short love story its only 6 episodes long!

it's called Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (or Hantsuki i think is soemthing else it can go by)

i recommend it, but it can be pretty intensely emotional for such a short series it really pulls you in!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
*wii post*
Ippo is so cool! I don't know why but it makes me want to box. Berserk...the ending made me shout to the heavens in anger. I never read the manga :( does Guts ever get his revenge on Griffith? I heard he can turn into a wolf or something? Also, why is Casaca all ******** in the Dreamcast game?

Ok thats all, can't wait for the next SMYN.

*that only took 15 minutes to type*
Berserk's ending in the anime is pretty much where the manga starts to get good. Casca is ******** in the Dreamcast game because its based on the manga, not the anime. If you want to continue the series, then your only option is to read the manga.

ooo i have a good anime to see if you have seen its a very obscure and very short love story its only 6 episodes long!

it's called Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (or Hantsuki i think is soemthing else it can go by)

i recommend it, but it can be pretty intensely emotional for such a short series it really pulls you in!
Its recent, so I haven't seen it. I'm downloading it right now. Speaking of short series that are really good, if you haven't already seen it (which I doubt), check out The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. 13 episodes and crazy popular on the net.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Silver start with Naruto or Bleach those are solid and popular anime. Also Death Note is excellent. I only watch anime casually and I enjoy those. I don't think I've ever heard of any of the ones that have been mentioned here haha...

Can't wait to hear todays episode!

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to read the manga then. I've seen a lot of anime too'I usually just DL them and grind episodes. Then when I watch anything else I'm always looking for subtitles...

So I take it you've seen Samurai 7? I think the Samurai Anime is cool, like RK, Peacemaker, S7, etc.

Never gave Bleach or Naroto a chance though...heard some good stuff about it. It just seems like when an anime goes to CN and I see kids with the anime's shirt on I don't watch it,

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I watch alot of anime, but the one that stands out the most is still Dragonball Z.
Naruto is also a very awesome anime, One Piece is good too. Dragonball is a little
more to my tastes. Watched it every day back in the day!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
DBZ is indeed the classic anime. And yeah, Silver, I support Youko's suggestion. Bleach is a great series to start with.

Also, I've seen Samurai 7, it was ok at best. Peacemaker was good at parts, but sucked overall IMO. And don't get me started on how disappointing Samurai Champloo was after the first few episodes were so good.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Bleach is awesome!!!....but like Inuyasha, FLCL, or even Ghost In the Shell are pretty awesome in their own rights....Though i go for the music alot of the times *thinks about Origa's "Rise" if you dont have it already download it's an awesome song....Right now i'm watchin Bokutatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan, it makes me laugh everytime i watch it

Florida

イーグランツ
I actually hated the first series of Naruto. The story was good, but there's something about watching little kid ninjas fight that doesn't intrigue me. Naruto Shippuuden however, is a freaking awesome show. I totally recomend that you watch that, if you aren't already.

New episodes come out every Thursday / Friday, and are uploaded at Dailymotion.com / anime-media.com (the show is in Japanese with eng. subtitles, way better than any english dubs).

SMYN related:
When's the next episode coming out? =P
And find some tme for Blackadder ****it! >.>
His voice... I must hear his voice! :D

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
Shippuuden definitely was not as good as the original Naruto. What is in it that is awesome?

Naruto had a good story line, excellent fight scenes, likable characters, I mean why would anyone not like it? Because they are children?

Go read Ender's Game and get back to me.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I'm guessing no preview this week? XD What's the ETA for tonight's episode Youko? So I can plan my dinner plans accordingly and such. Chinese food-and-a-Podcast Sundays must continue!! :laugh:

Oh and Shippuden is great. I've been getting my downloads from SaiyanIsland.com, which has all of the Naruto and Bleach episodes (original, not dubs) for download. I wouldn't say it's so much better than the first series but so far it's been awesome.

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
My personal favorites for anime are Bleach and Cowboy Bebop, and now that I'm getting around to watching it, Death Note. For manga, Rurouni Kenshin and Death Note. The Naruto sub is really good, but I can't stand Naruto's english voice... or that d*** "Believe it!" catch phrase. But they got some really good voice actors for it. I can't believe that none of you have mentioned Fullmetal Alchemist yet! Excellent show. So yeah, I recommend the titles above... :p

On topic, I'm looking forward to seeing how Piffman2 flows with Youko and SP. Odd week of updates, so I'm curious as to how the discussion will go.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
My personal favorites for anime are Bleach and Cowboy Bebop, and now that I'm getting around to watching it, Death Note. For manga, Rurouni Kenshin and Death Note. The Naruto sub is really good, but I can't stand Naruto's english voice... or that d*** "Believe it!" catch phrase. But they got some really good voice actors for it. I can't believe that none of you have mentioned Fullmetal Alchemist yet! Excellent show. So yeah, I recommend the titles above... :p

On topic, I'm looking forward to seeing how Piffman2 flows with Youko and SP. Odd week of updates, so I'm curious as to how the discussion will go.

Do you listen to the audio of Naruto's sub? If so then you don't really have a right to complain about the "Believe it" thing in comparison to the constant dattebayo he keeps saying. Heck, he says "Believe it" in the dub much less than dattebayo in the sub. (Seriosuly, all those who complain about this must not even listen to the orginal audio...this just gets annoying how hypocritical people can get) >_>

On topic, where's this weeks preview? :O

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
FLCL is the best anime of all time.

No question.

Correction:

FLCL is the best OVA of all time.

Death Note is the best series. (The manga is better though, but the anime does it justice, except for a few gripes in the second half)

Best movie is a tie between all the Miyazaki films. :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Nah, we recorded the Roundtable last night, and I just didn't really feel like writing a preview. It's not all important anyway.

The episode should be up around the normal time as indicated in the first post.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Nah, we recorded the Roundtable last night, and I just didn't really feel like writing a preview. It's not all important anyway.

The episode should be up around the normal time as indicated in the first post.
w00t! I am going to submit a viewpoint or question for next week's episode. *digs out microphone*

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Do you listen to the audio of Naruto's sub? If so then you don't really have a right to complain about the "Believe it" thing in comparison to the constant dattebayo he keeps saying. Heck, he says "Believe it" in the dub much less than dattebayo in the sub. (Seriosuly, all those who complain about this must not even listen to the orginal audio...this just gets annoying how hypocritical people can get) >_>

On topic, where's this weeks preview? :O
What does dattebayo means, anyway?

And yes, I watched Full Metal Alchemist, pretty good.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
w00t! I am going to submit a viewpoint or question for next week's episode. *digs out microphone*
I was thinking of doing that, but I can't really think of a good, long topic that hasn't been done already.

As for Anime's, I only watch it at my girlfriend's house, but some that I've seen would be Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note (you MUST read the manga), some crap about this highschool where guys make girls their "Honey's" or slaves basically. I think it's called Honey x Honey Drops or something like that.

Anyways, I'm not big on anime, so I don't care much. I really prefer Manga over Anime, but that's probably because I like to read.

SweetSoulBrother

Smash Rookie
What does dattebayo means, anyway?

And yes, I watched Full Metal Alchemist, pretty good.

To answer that question. "Dattebayo" really doesn't mean anything to be completely honest. The closest thing that it translates to is saying "Ya' know" at the end of every sentence. So as opposed to trying to give naruto somewhat of a speech pattern, they decide to give in a stupid catch phrase that they can put on all sorts of Naruto related stuff. Like T-shirts, notebooks, binders, yadda yadda yadda. I've really hated some of the choices they've made in the Naruto dub but im glad to know that it's doing so well in North America. :psycho:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
"Dattebayo" doesn't really have a good translation into English. And I've seen the entire FMA series twice, and just recently started showing it to 3 people, at different times. So I guess I'm rewatching it slowly with these people for the 4th, 5th, and 6th times. Its a good series ^_^

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Wow. I totally know Korean (I lived in South Korea for two years), but I have only used it once in relation to Brawl. :laugh:

Top Bottom