• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
votes for piffman2

by the way youko im goin to try and get a mike this christmas (and also rank up some money to get the wii and ssbb) so i can try out just to get into it before the game actually comes out.

tell ya the truth i want another like spell like character like zelda or ness(YESSS THANK GOD HE'S OUT)
and krystal would be just a great plus to the game.
And yeah pretty much i gotta agree except wit my friend amber she'll die if krystal is in. She has always had a thing for the star fox series characters anyways.No one i know can beet her when she's playin as fox. The only back drop to me wit krystal coming in is that my friend will become unbeatable.(Especailly since she is hard in hearin which means she doesnt get distracted (I HATE THAT) even if i moved my hand in front of her face she wouldnt even flinch. LOL

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
There's still hope for tomorrow (updates wise that is), personally I'm praying for a character (aren't we all). Ah, and we also got Fire Emblem's Theme which is awesome. Grey Fox was a nice update also. All in all it wasn't that bad of a week.

And I'm sorry if you thought my last post wasn't very constructive, but I flip anytime someone mentions One Piece. One Piece is awesome. :D

Keep up the good work with the podcasts, looking forward to the next installment. :D

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
Tonights update brings terrible news... Goodbye Psychic user who made me excited about smash 64. If it wasn't for you I may not have gotten into Smash at such an early age. I've whipped these up in tribute of the warrior. Nothing Big, just a few seconds in photoshop for humorous purposes.

Rest in Peace Ness

yeah rest in peaces Ness :laugh: victory is mine. //spies next target lucas// you're next:chuckle:

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm actually feeling really odd on this thread nowdays.

What with the sudden influx of Mods, Special Members, and Youko and Panda being mods also, I feel rather intimidated.

*Shrinks back into corner*

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
I'm actually feeling really odd on this thread nowdays.

What with the sudden influx of Mods, Special Members, and Youko and Panda being mods also, I feel rather intimidated.

*Shrinks back into corner*

yeah but your forgeting youko and sp worked really hard on the podcasts so they deserve to be mods and everyone likes the podcast so of course there would be a couple of mods comin and goin from here to check up on things

Blackadder

Smash Master
I never said I wasn't cool with it, and Youko and Panda beings mods is teh sex.

It's still intimidating none the less.

*Again, shirnks back into corner of doom*

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Chris Sabat is voice acting Zoro for the FUNi dub of One Piece. Also, the FUNi dub is amazing, and you must watch it. It takes a crap on the 4Kids version. I highly suggest it!

Ah yes, Smash Bros. 'Tis a good game.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
SO wait, Zoro for Brawl?

One Piece confirmed?

I wonder why Sariku hasn't been given awesome red powers yet. I heard he's done some pretty cool stuff with Kirby King dealing with the forums.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
I never said I wasn't cool with it, and Youko and Panda beings mods is teh sex.

It's still intimidating none the less.

*Again, shirnks back into corner of doom*

//walks over to you//

no no im just sayin that this podcast is a big thing and mods will check up every now and then to see if anyone is spamming or anything

but i got to agree wit ya

......//kneels down and holds you in front of me so noone can see me//

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
HEY! SOMEBODY SPAMMING IN HERE?!

*looks around*
:laugh: Nice gimpy i saw your thread lucky you got to go to the pre-release didnt ya. anyways you're like this pro at bowser i always wanted to try him out but i usually stick with the speed characters. Got any vids. to show how good you are????:confused: just wonderin. and also if you are a pro for bowser sp and youko just have to put you in man

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait till Sakurai pulls a...a Sakurai and announces Ness tomorrow. That would be some ****.

In all honestly I'm expecting either a boss or a veteran, with Luigi being the most likely tomorrow. This week has been pretty crappy thus far, and a character would remedy that nicely.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
YOU GUYS ARE TOTALLY AWESOME 'CAUSE YOU WATCH ONE PIECE. xD
I'll do you one better: Name any anime. I've probably seen all/some of it. As long as its not too recent, because I haven't had much time to keep up with new releases. And if you peoples are wondering, yes, I watch alot of anime. How do you think I learned Japanese?

And I think I see someone spamming. He keeps spamming "bowser fsmash," I should warn him.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I'll do you one better: Name any anime. I've probably seen all/some of it. As long as its not too recent, because I haven't had much time to keep up with new releases. And if you peoples are wondering, yes, I watch alot of anime. How do you think I learned Japanese?
Berserk? Gantz? Kiba? Claymore? Hajime no Ippo? Samurai 7?

On a similar note, do you watch a lot of the old Samurai movies? In a podcast I've heard you mention interest in Samurais. If so, out of all the classic Samurai movies, which is your favorite? Personally, I'd have to say it's a toss up between Yojimbo and Twilight Samurai for me.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I've seen all of the above animes. Two of them are some of my all-time favorites. Ippo takes the spot for #1 anime, and Berserk takes the spot for #1 manga.

And in all honesty, I'm not too into Samurais. I simply act like I am because its part of my name. That said, I've never seen Twilight Samurai, but I've seen Yojimbo and Seven Samurai, the latter of which is my favorite classic Samurai movie (if you haven't already, check out Zatoichi, its pretty good). I am also trying to see Rashomon, but I couldn't find the DVD with English subtitles while I was in Japan. I guess I should just get it off Amazon or something, but I don't feel like it yet.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Titles for the week!

"Fox, use your Shine attack!"/"Fox used Shine attack. It's super effective!" (Any variation of those two. I mean c'mon, Fox attacking Pokemon. It's perfect!)

"Diddy craps his pants" (You can't say you can look me in the eye and tell me you wouldn't crap your pants if you were Diddy)

"It's a blade of light" (Beam sword, cool sounding sentance)

"FOOOXXX!!" (Snake's last words spoken to Gray Fox before he was crushed by Metal Gear)

"Mono-eyes are cool" (Well, Sakurai said they are!)

"Mentally-powered flip kicks" (Another cool sounding sentance)

"The flame pillar explodes!" (Yet another cool sounding sentance)

"I'm feelin Hot, Hot, HOT!" (There's a song called "Hot, Hot, Hot" I played in Jazz Band, and it fits with Norfair)

"Ness leaves, Items return, and Norfair arrives! (It's hard to think of a title for all the updates, but i guess something like this fits. Leaving, returning, and arriving)

my favorite is the top one. i was laughing to myself when i said the phrase "Fox, use your Shine attack!" after he hit Rayquaza, but it's up to you Youko

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
"Foxes Don't Like to be Shot at"
"The Foxes Strike Back!"
Refers to Fox reflecting Rayquaza's attack in the video and Grey Fox being able to reflect projectiles.
"Through the Foxes and Flames"
Guitar Hero reference... also Norfair lava reference .

I'll submit something for mailtime later today.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
"SamuraiPanda and The Buzz Saw lay waste to confused noobs in the Brawl Forums." Yup. That'll do it.

I miss IcyDrifter. :laugh:

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Silver clearly wrote
I did not make this one

Anyways, episode titles!

"Banana Peels, and Lucas" (or Ness)

"When world's collide"

"EEEEEEEEEEK! It’s a lava wave!"

"Up until now"

Meh, I tried.

-Edit: I didn't have time this week to make the dictionary Youko, but I'll try to come up with something on Sunday. Do you know where I could host it (besides here) though? Maybe like Smash Wiki or the Smash Blog? =S

I don't really know how though.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So it's hard to do a preview when we haven't recorded the rundown yet.

But I'm going to pick "Through the Foxes and Flames" as the title.

@Pyroloserkid
When I got my SmashWiki entry written, the "dictionary" can go on there. Of course, both have to be created first.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
So it's hard to do a preview when we haven't recorded the rundown yet.

But I'm going to pick "Through the Foxes and Flames" as the title.

@Pyroloserkid
When I got my SmashWiki entry written, the "dictionary" can go on there. Of course, both have to be created first.
Nice title, except I thought you replaced the rundown with a weekly roundtable.

Top Bottom