• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Hey everyone, just dropping by to explain really quickly why I thinik I would be a good addition for the next available podcast. Obviously this is a podcast about Brawl that is geared both towards the competitive players and the non-competitive players. I'm obviously a competitive player who attends tournaments pretty often and I do fairly well in said tournaments, but that doesn't have anything to do with why I think I would be good on the podcast. The main reason? I've played the game. Yes, I have played Brawl, and I got quite a lot of playtime and I know quite a lot about the game because of my extensive notes I took at E for All. Most likely everybody in this thread has read at least some of my thread if they have any curiosity about Brawl whatsoever. I also wouldn't even mind just answering some user submitted questions every so often if there was time for it on the show. Some things are just hard to explain in text, it would be great to be able to participate in something like this!

Anyways, keep up the good work guys, I'm lovin the show.
Gimpy why you even writing this? You know your gonna get the next spot for it no matter who your competing with. You ****ing gimpyfish!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
not necessarily, but i have to follow the rules just like everyone else

oh except for when it comes to spam

mods can spam as much as they want

well... almost

LOL

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Gimpy needs to do a trial just like everyone else. But only so we can listen to it here and vote on it :laugh:

Blackadder

Smash Master
Gimpy needs to do a trial just like everyone else. But only so we can listen to it here and vote on it :laugh:
Heh, I'm set for this weeks Trial run still!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.

I canna compet with Gimpyfish mon!
Yeah...I'm pretty much defeated already. :laugh:

Incidently, props to Youko and Panda about becoming mods, great job there, and also, even better, thanks for mentioning Cless and mine's word "PODbasy"!. Thanks guys. ;)

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Apologies

Not to try and make myself look big or important, but I think I'd make a great addition to the podcast. I know how podcasts work a lot more than some people think they do. The only problem is the people I live with. It would be hard to do the podcast with them around. :ohwell:

And one more thing, one person doing a podcast is ridiculous. Which is why I'm SO glad it's become a permanent Round Table/real podcast. I also think it's kinda ridiculous that Youko is limiting it to three people. To my experience, the more people the better. Now I'm not saying go overboard with like seven or eight people, but like four or five people wouldn't be too bad. I remember Youko and Samurai Panda were acting like more than three people was the end of the world. When I heard their reactions I thought to myself what the hell is wrong with these guys!?

My negative comments asside, I want to say that the last podcast was very well done. I'm glad it wasn't rehearsed or read off a card or anything because the fun of a podcast is pulling stuff out of your a$$ and saying random things. Good job. Keep it up. :cool:
:-/
It seems as though people are taking offense in my words. Sorry if it sounded like a bad tone, and if it sounded like I was being a d*ck. I was just stating my opinion on it.
Also, I wasn't trying myself out to be in the podcast just incase anyone thought that.

One more thing: Youko, like I said earlier, the latest podcast was very well done, and the length didn't bother me at all...LONGER lawl...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Who said Gimpy was up for contention for Episode 19? He JUST put up his application and trials were held this past weekend.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Heh, because, you know; You can't turn Gimpyfish down Youko.

It's a law of nature and Earth. Refusing to take him in will likely destory the world in a swirl and lava bunnies and pain.

Also, I sent you a PM.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
A repost of an old application? Blasphemous! Well, Actually, it's updated a little to add a bit here, a bit there, and some very needed information.

After trashing the basement looking for a microphone, my search reached fruition after I found them in an area I didn't even touch. It was completely within reach too, so you can expect the irony I felt. But, even so, this allows me to throw myself in the race for the Guest Spot in Episode 19. I have a long history with Smash, concluding I got it the month of release and have avidly played it sense. While I'm not that good - my competition has always sucked, so I never learned to play 'pro' or anywhere near that. I am a huge fan of many other series, as well. So you can call me the 'Gamer of all trades'. While my knowledge on all things PS2 is limited, I still have an alright understanding of most games on there, at least, the most popular, such as MGS and Final Fantasy.

I'm telling you this, because we may get into other third party involvement, so I may as well show I can have just as formidable opinion as anyone about many other characters that may be well suited for Brawl. I also have many other views I can relate on, such as Tournament play, in which I am running a tournament series this December to February labeled 'Farewell to Melee' on Dec. 3rd, 'The Final Moments' in mid-January, and on the last Friday before Brawl, 'The Last Smash'. No, I do not plan to dress up as some Mario-Jesus for the last one.

I am slightly talkative, so it is a very good idea to do the test run, so that I may learn how to discuss with you two about Smash. Note that where I live, not many people can take a long conversation about Smash, because they'd much rather play *shudder* Card games...

Kentalish

Smash Lord
this is the metroid logo

and Cyber Sunday

they look a little bit differnt... i dont think it really matters if it was that big of a deal nintendo could sure WWE

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Rawr, I'm finally listening to the podcast.

The roundtable is replacing the rundown nicely from what I've heard...
My full review-ish thing to come later.

Edit: Panda and Youko are mods now?!?! =@
RAWR. I want to be a mod so badly.

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
Hey Youko. If you have been wondering whether to keep the Roundtable or do the Rundown or do both, just do the Roundtable. The show is much better and much more interesting when you here from the perspective of 2, or maybe 3 people (4 would be annoying and a little overkill). It's nice to hear 2 sides of an arguement, instead of just one person reading the updates and saying what they think. Stick with the Roundtable, Viewer Mail, Brawl Viewpoints, and maybe some new segments.

Lastly, personally, I would love to do a viewpoint, if only I had the time. And, I used to have a wokring microphone, but it broke, so now, I can't exactly attempt at conversing with you via a legitimate connection. However, if I do have the time, trust me, I will make a Brawl Viewpoint, cuz I'll admit, there have been times when I have disagreed on things you have said in the past. I don't exactly remember them, but I have disagreed.

Grim Spandango

Smash Cadet
I believe you should change the name of the round table to Mr Saturn's Tea Table. Then you defenately won't confuse it with the rundown. I also love this new format.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
:laugh: It seems like everyone I know on the forums are become mods! I log on, and SamuraiPanda's name is all red.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Well, I'd have to say this is probably my favourite episode yet.

You (Youko) and Panda seem to be becoming best friends, and I found myself actually laughing aloud during most of the Table. I was listening to it with headphones, so my family was quite weirded out when I burst out laughing randomly.

Anyways. Rundown? OH I REMEMBER THAT OLD THING. Who needs it? You guys did an excellent job. The questions were just fantastic, and I love how Panda likes to brag about the size of his Katana. All in all, Roundtable was always fantastic, and they way you guys are starting to warm up to eachother and become more comfortable makes it even better to listen to. Congrats.

The Brawl Viewpoint was ALOT of excellent. Yes, I no make the more good grammars. But yeh, alot of information, and the ideas and improvements were just great additions. Amazing job X Guardian Ace.

Great stuff this week, keep it up.

Hmm, Youko-ing, like the verb: To Youko.

-I know there was some things I wanted to touch on, but I can't remember....I think I might have to listen to the cast again..

Edit: I haven't read the past ten pages, but if no one has made the YoukoPanda Dictionary yet, I call dibs.

Editx2: Youko, will you be using the "applications" we already sent in for Rountable? Or should I type another long, painful read?

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Youko-ing means to have sex with Youko. Too bad I'm a straight male.

Also, I wanted to ask you something Youko: what software do you use to do the podcast? I'm going to need to know this later down in my career path because all the podcast hardware out there is very expensive. I'll just start out with free software.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
I know he used Ventrillo at first (which I've used for gaming before, it's good and inexpensive unless you need a really big server) but I'm not sure what he uses now. He mentions it in last week or the week before's SMYN.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Dibs on the dictionary are yours, Pyroloserkid. And no need to retype the "application," that'd be too tedious.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Dibs on the dictionary are yours, Pyroloserkid. And no need to retype the "application," that'd be too tedious.
Score +1.
I'll get on that within the week I hope.

So I guess you have the "apps" saved somewhere?

How many people sent them in?

Edit:
Also, I wanted to put the YoukoPanda Dictionary on some sort of site besides here. Smash Wiki was the first thing that came to my mind, but...I don't really know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avoiding the Double Post

Youko, it's not just people Outside of SWF that need to be brought to the cast, it's also people from SWF that never visit the Brawl boards. Ever.
I know tons of them, and I'm doing my part to advertise the cast. I got one guy to listen to an episode (only because I was in it), and he said "Meh" . He's not much for Brawl, he's still hooked on Melee, but I'm trying. I'll tell you if I make progress with anyone else.

You need to do me a favour though. If I get in trouble for advertising, do you think you could dig me out with your new mod powers?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You need to do me a favour though. If I get in trouble for advertising, do you think you could dig me out with your new mod powers?
Orrrrr you could put it in your sig and not even get in trouble by spamming, orrrrr you could PM them telling to check it out and spread the word...I'm not going to abuse my new privileges for something like that.

Anyway, I think I need an entry on the SmashWiki. Problem is, I have zero clue how to edit a Wiki. Can anybody help me out?

Max780

Smash Apprentice
I believe you should change the name of the round table to Mr Saturn's Tea Table. Then you defenately won't confuse it with the rundown. I also love this new format.
Hehe Funny.

I think it should be called....eh I'll think of something.

X-GuardianAce

Smash Rookie
Sorry for making you quote yourself, lol
I was gonna put in that piece in my audio bv from episode 13. but my mike sucks.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Anyway, I think I need an entry on the SmashWiki. Problem is, I have zero clue how to edit a Wiki. Can anybody help me out?
i'll help you out too. just tell me what you want on the page (i'll make it look like most players profiles on SmashWiki. you know, your name, where you live, mains, any crew you're in, but you just tell me any misc. things you want on there, like SMYN and stuff)

Top Bottom