• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
I like it, I definitely think he could work for the game, the only probably is the legality of it...though I think if Microsoft would do it, the amount Nintendo would make would trump the amount Microsoft sucks out of the deal.

I think I might make my own set later on today.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I thought of something that probably wouldn't work for coins but would be pretty pwnsome.

Each coin represents a certain amount of money (low, like maybe .1 cent). You (and other people) could then pool up your coins to buy licensing for third-party Dl-able characters.

Off the wall, I know.

I thought of it listening to SMYN, so it pertains to the topic.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
I just had an interesting find btw. In the Stage Builder update screenshot with Wario, Dedede, and Pit, it really looks like Dedede is floating like Kirby in the air. I don't think you guys covered this, if you did I didn't notice, but it seems like this may confirm the (arguably) biggest question about the king.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
I just had an interesting find btw. In the Stage Builder update screenshot with Wario, Dedede, and Pit, it really looks like Dedede is floating like Kirby in the air. I don't think you guys covered this, if you did I didn't notice, but it seems like this may confirm the (arguably) biggest question about the king.
I made a topic about it, most acted like I was an idiot <_<

Anyways, I still wonder about the mechanics of it. Will it float Kirby/Jiggly, or will it glide like Meta Knight? The game has him take one big puff of air, then glide around.

*shrug*

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Great episode, Roundtable is a worthy successor to the Rundown and I love it but it needs a
little bit more structure and a little fewer tangents but it's still funny and great. Mailtime should be every week

If you want a new name for the Roundtable that's a bit more..."epic" how about...

SMASH COUNCIL!

:chuckle:

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, on The Summit, a Tidal Wave throws you back on top of the mountain. Still, the drainage thing sounds not bad either.

Another funny notice, it looks likle the galcier is moving. Notice the background on the images with the Glacier, it looks like its drifting. Who knows, over a Waterfall, back on top of the Mountain?

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
Youko I gotta tell ya. You are an ubertastic podcaster. You went at the casual players such as myself (dont worry no offense taken) with full force to defend the pros. And you stated the purpose of your podcast with absolute meaning. Mailtime was hilarious and SamuraiPanda is amazing at giving his opinions. I have to tell you however if you didn't notice that he used the s-word. Are those words appropriate? Still waiting for a shoutout Youko! You should give us a good song to listen to now. But I think the discussions with your roommate are pretty sweet.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I made a topic about it, most acted like I was an idiot <_<

Anyways, I still wonder about the mechanics of it. Will it float Kirby/Jiggly, or will it glide like Meta Knight? The game has him take one big puff of air, then glide around.

*shrug*
Well, I don't know if it has been brought up in your thread, because honestly, I'm swamped with homework and only stopped through to see if this was downloadable yet, but in melee, on Dreamland 64, sometimes you can see Dedede flying through the background in a similar body position. It definitely seems to be a float, and due to the fact that he's definitely not as agile as Metaknight, I'd make the assumption it's more similar to Kirby or Jiggs.

And I couldn't get that trick to download off of the stream to work.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/5b566f4b-71a7-454b
is the link I get.

It says I followed a broken link or something.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
Hey guys, check out this interview SP and I got to do for wiinintendo.net!

http://wiinintendo.net/2007/11/04/3903/

that was a really nice job youko. i read everything and when i heard what you were plannin for the podcasts after the game comes out i thought in one word Sweet. anyways im not that good in melee except wit roy and since they're takin him out i'm not goin to be that good but ill battle you and my other friends anytime on brawl so i guess i'll just keep listenin to the podcasts, hangin wit my friends, checkin on the bourds every now and then, livin my life, and just simply wait for brawl, which im pretty much sure everyone else will be doin to. nice one on the interview though.;)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Hey guys, check out this interview SP and I got to do for wiinintendo.net!

http://wiinintendo.net/2007/11/04/3903/
Woah! Dammn, that's such a long interview, and yet I couldn't wait to read it. Good stuff, both Youko and SP. It seems as though your loyal following is growing exponentially. Wish I could have THAT many brawl competitors all lined up to play. :laugh:

Hey, this podcast going to suffer come second week of December...what with finals approaching and whatnot? You won't hear any complaints from me.

And just my vote...sorry SP, but I really only listen to this podcast for the Brawl discussion and opinions. For general gaming, there's just too many sources. However, if you two do decide to do a general gaming podcast after Brawl's release, I'd suggest taking a survey and let the listeners vote for +75% of the games discussed. Just my two cents.

Oh, and the idea that you two were actually APPROACHED to do an interview...still Fawesome!

Later<

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Great episode and great interview. I was a little surprised that you didn't mention the two new songs that were spoiled in the Stage Builder update, Bramble Blast and Snowman, being the music fan that you (Youko) are. But at the same time, I remembered you saying in the last episode that you weren't much of a Donkey Kong fan, and it became pretty clear in this episode that you aren't too familiar with Mother/Earthbound either. All I can say is that, as a huge music fan myself, you should be super excited about those songs. Bramble Blast is one of the best songs in the DKC series, and one of my favorite video game songs of all time, and the Snowman song from the Mother series is likewise one of the catchiest songs from the series.

Speaking of Mother, I haven't played Mother 3 specifically, but assuming it's like Earthbound, it isn't the Mr. Saturns themselves that turn into the tea table. It's just that many of the objects in Saturn Valley, be it houses, ATMs, or even the infamous Phase Distorter, are at least somewhat shaped like Mr. Saturns (almost everything at least has the little bow). I'm guessing this is the case in Mother 3, and that the tea table also happens to be used as a mode of transportation.

My thoughts on the Balloon Fighter fish appearing on the Summit: if we assume that every stage has at minimum four songs available through the My Music mode, the Summit would be in trouble because there's only three songs in Ice Climber (and one of them is the IC's victory song). So it only makes sense that they would need to borrow songs from other series (just like Pictochat is apparently doing). And while they could just have a Balloon Fighter song in the rotation and leave it at that (like they did in Melee), they decided to take the representation a little further. I'm not saying that a playable Balloon Fighter is out of the question, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Download and blog are now up, so that should solve those issues.

Yes, the Colts did lose, but I do happen to have Tom Brady and the Pats D/ST on my fantasy football team. Needless to say, they are making my season, and I don't mind at all that it was the Pats who beat the Colts...in the regular season, that is.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
About the Classic mode and the "set" stages it was in Smash 64 so i guess they brought it back for brawl

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Well, you guys asked for more feedback, and I just finished listening to the entire thing, so here's my stance.

You guys do a wonderful job, most certainly, and you're really effin' dedicated. I mention your podcast every Sunday on my blog for this very reason.

However, I would certainly prefer it if the discussion, while still casual, was focused more on Brawl. I know this week operated a bit different due to those 13 questions, but I gotta say, I didn't really like having to sit through lame jokes (No offense <_<) just so I can get to the good stuff.

We all like it long, but I think some would sacrifice length for a more focused approach, you know?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i say have fun, i enjoyed listening to you guys answer those 13 questions, but i've got too much brawl info in my head already so maybe i dont count for this response lol

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
1. Youko [Yo-ko] verb:
To podcast, create words, and have a heart attack on a plane while going to Kyoto, Japan to meet Massahiro Sakurai to podcast in his office all at the same time.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
God I love Family Guy...
OK, this new podcast, I appreciate. I didn't know SP had so much sex on the brain...but as a fan of Least I Can Do, I guess that's not surprising. Glad you got into xkcd - it's been entertaining me for months! And I LOL'led at SP's Legal playing of Ice Climbers, and gasped when I heard NEITHER OF YOU played Pikmin.

I prefer this Podcast style to the old one - hearing you 2 mouth off on the updates, as well as go on some incredible tangents, made the Brawl info we're used to already much more interesting. Keep up the good work!

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
Download and blog are now up, so that should solve those issues.

Yes, the Colts did lose, but I do happen to have Tom Brady and the Pats D/ST on my fantasy football team. Needless to say, they are making my season, and I don't mind at all that it was the Pats who beat the Colts...in the regular season, that is.

the colts lost?? aww i didnt get to see the game. O well the only reason i like the colts is because of last when they took revenge for the saints on the bears and their idoitic referees:mad:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
SHOW ME YOUR NEWS!

Roundtable (Rundown! XD)

Golly gee willicker Batman!

-Galaxia Darkness: Cool, cool, cool. That's all Sakurai said! XD And at that last picture...thank God I said it ALMOST LOOK LIKED LUIGI! (after looking at it for 5 seconds, I was positive it was Mario!) XD :laugh: Look out for Luigi's big nose! XD Look out for Shadow Mario! XD It's not NESS, so no one cares! XD

-Personal Entries: They're cool, but it was known. And I agree Samurai Panda...it seems planned. He's mindgaming us, as always. Mindgame (or Sakurai) is mindgaming us. They kinda killed the inthusiasm. The Ice Climbers was nice to see, as well as Lucas' original one (hopes for Ness'), Pit's (again), etc. As for Lucas', it's in that MR. Saturn village, that is in MOTHER 2/EarthBound. Basically Mr. Saturn is it's OWN SPECIES! And the table is where Ness "reflects on on his past on it!" (in other words, Ness, Jeff, a Mr. Saturn, and Paula get stoned! XD). As for IKE'S...AWSOME! How awsome was Ike's, with the frisbee throwers! :laugh: Solid Snake's was awsome, and he has that camo at the opening of MGS2, and that thing happens when he lands on the Tanker, and his octo camo (which he has in MGS4) breaks.

Game Modes is the BEST...next to characters. >_<

-The Summit: BALLOON FIGHTER FOR BRAWL! *calms down* It looks neat, but it seems a bit overdone, and confusing thus far from what we know. Why couldn't it follow the REAL ICE CLIMBERS STAGE=??? You climb up it by what started it: GLOBAL WARMING! The Northern Lights are incredible, jsut incredible (exactly how I remember them). The Polar Bear didn't seem Panda enough, and the Panda didn't seem Samurai enough! :laugh:

The eggplant...Ice Climber...I had the game before! XD I actually like it, A LOT! XD It's like the end of a SMB 3 level thing, or something, but with a bonus. HAHA! MORE GLOBAL WARMING stuff! The fish...from Balloon Fight=BALLOON FIGHTER! Infinite Glazier sucks, and Flatzone is better. MUSHROOM KINGDOM II IS HELL REINCARNATED PEOPLE! Well, Sakurai had 4 planned retro characters, and he chose Ice Climbers over Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, and someone else=it's on the Melee Japanese site. NO! TINGLE! AHHH!!! TINGLE! NO! NO! NO! Sandbag....hehe! Tingle as the sandbag=WIN! Tingle as a unlockable sandbag=that's made of WIN!

-Classic Mode: Mr. Mindgame always leaves more questions then answered. XD The head thing...meah! XD The names and all of it...seems odd! XD Metroid logo...c'mon=it's great. The change...it was like that in SSB64. It seems to go back to it's roots. It should be like Stage 1 a Zelda stage, with any Zelda character, or something like that. Sonic will have at least maybe one level, maybe 3rd party characters have 2.

the coins...maybe you could get trophies, stickers, stages, characters, CDs, etc., what? Maybe you buy them, then you can unlock them=??? Betting it on...Wi-Fi matches? Travelling trophies or stickers=??? That'd actaully be pretty cool! Hmm...I wonder if it will force you to use them online for fun=??? In short, hope it's fun! :) Pikmin, dude it's GREAT! If anything, Captain Olimar would be the perfect example of new mechanics! 3rd party WTF character=NO. Takamuru...NO! He's from the Famicon...he got 3 votes on Sakurai's poll, and he seems lame. BTW, I hate characters from Japan-only series that have been dead for 20 years! XD I'll be watching closer then a POPPING JAY!

-Stage Creator: Man, this is AWSOME! This pwns the Forge from Halo 3, and brings it to a new level. I can't wait to make tons of insane stages! We've only seen a bit of it, but the possibilities are ENDLESS! WE can remake any stage, create anew...MAN! We have more tourney legal stages then we could ever had before. As for what Youko said, I agree. How it works in competitive and tournament play will be intresting. It will be a hassle to begin with in the competitive community, but afterwards it could be very awsome.

Way to make a work Youko! XD The Digg comments were clearly from trolls who don't understand what they are hating on. There is no way to play "Smash wrong", unless you are like camping on kaillera. >_<

Forgot to mention the MOTHER 1 music (which Ness [then Ninten] stars). This update will change the smash bros. competitive scene, FOREVER! Like the idea SP, and if there is a post idea, and I'm going to probably have a few set ones! XD The warp thing...from Norfair, ya that was pretty intresting. It's a part of Super Metroid. As for Submit, that just sounds AWSOME! One stage a day...MAN!...that sounds AWSOME! This is a "if only, but seems impossible idea" that was meant to come true. Online Petition...hehe...I signed it. Wiseguy made it, but I think it's still better safe then sorry. XD Save to your SD card...who else wants to buy 1,000 SD cards=??? XD (I already got me one).

Brawl is big, so it won't stop for like another 2 or some odd years at least. Brawl will at least last as long as Halo 3 online, actually! XD Man, we can recreate ANY STAGE, totally! Climbing...depends how fast it is, unless we have new techs! As for the Mario thingy....well.... he did that climbing A LOT in Donkey Kong=his first game! XD Rumble Falls seems awsome, actually! XD

Mailtime!

Mail from Swordhunter: A smash bros. universe makes it pretty neat, and combines awsome things into it's own game! Subspace Emissary...intresting name, but we don't know yet! Emissary is a messenger, so this is a message from the Subspace, or Subspace Army, that is! XD I think it will change the story a lot (the co-op), and helps elimiate the one players mode(s). DEATH TO SINGLE PLAYER in smash, FOREVER! It shows they are really making the fan's game, I think this was a awsome idea. Mairo and Sonic...SNAKE AND PIKACHU! HAHA, who gets eaten first! XD Meta Knight and Pit...I actually agree that sounds neat. XD Charizard and Ridley...man, that'd be great. We haven't seen anything on Lucas, Zelda, the Pokémon Trainer, Kirby, Wario, etc., and Snake. HAHA, monkeys FTW! Mr. Game and Watch taunts together...hehe! I'll start that Youtube sensation! XD

Mailtime from Anomous:

-Master Chief confirmed in Brawl: I wouldn't care...it'd be a good thing for Halo 3 and Brawl. Both Nintendo and Microsoft would make money off this, actually. Solid Snake is just randomness out of the box, LITERALLY! Mater Chief would need that Brute Hammer, his fists, 4 types of gernades, and the energy swords! XD Sounds like a King Dedede clone...nah! A Balloon Fighter clone! XD

-One Player or Two Player: Two Player....multiplayer wins. The normal fight "or Brawl" is so much better, ALWAYS!

-Homestar Runner: Yes... XD Trogdor! TROGDOR!! TROGDOR!!! TROGDOR!!!!

-Favorite Thing Ever: BEING ALIVE, and being NOT DEAD! I'm afraid of SP's answer in all honesty.

-The next Nintendo system(s): Lick to move! Virtual Reality, totally! Virtual Boy...they already made that, but it FAILED! Mario Tennis...lol. Smell? Man, that'd be wierd! XD It can't be much more new and original as this! XD The Revolution and such would be pretty neat, actaully. The heavy thing...that'd be neat. You actually feel pain, blood out of your arms! That'd be kinda creepy. I'd avoid Mortal Kombat from then on! XD

-Favorite Newspaper Comic Strip: Pffft...and Youko's first name...hehe...mesa knows it! XD (go on, guess mine! XD) Garfield...pfft! Charley Brown...maybe? That's the only one I ever read, but Calvin and Hobbes, and Dilburt was pretty sweet! XD Maybe too many comic strips read by SP... XD

-Favorite Leg: Third one!? WHAT!? O...no that third leg! XD I can't say...I'm ambedextrious with my legs! XD Cow leg FTW!

-Pac-man cofirmed in Brawl: I'd yell....NOOOO!!! NOOO MEGAMAN! I'd cry! XD As for Pac-man suits...that'd be creepy! XD Pac-man and a Ghost...woaw, just woaw. That'd be pretty crazy! XD Guy as Superman...WHAT? Sounds like there are people ALMOST AS CRAZY AS ME! XD Seriously, I'd yell "NO! womp! womp!" BTW, did you know that Pac-man is actually getting a REAL VOICE ACTOR=??? Ya, that's pretty crazy! XD Bli33ard, hehe! XD

-Favorite Food item: Heart Container! HAHA, or Rare Candies. I love leveling up! XD Or pizza and ice cream! XD Rice Ball is in=random. I first saw it in Pokémon as well! XD That's where I first saw them! XD Visit Japan...hehe! The goal...lol!

-Windows Vista or XP: XP FTW! haxxors! Making up words...hehe...I do that a lot! XD Put it down in a dictionary! XD

-Jigglypuff, then Yoshi, then Link, then Fox, then Falco, then Marth, then Roy, then Luigi, and then Mario! XD Online wins...hehe! Gimpyfish of Captain Falcon...hehe! XD That'd be funny! XD

-Other then the Blue's Clues mailtime thingy: LMFAO! XD That was TOO GOOD! XD That is so BAD, it's GOOD! XD More vocab words just made up ftw!

-Guiness Book of World Records: Biggest middle leg? Woaw, just woaw! I'm afraid now... Hopefully there is no picture of it there! XD Most episodes in a podcast about smash bros. ever...you already set that! XD As for me...most scrubs and trolls flammed ever! XD Knighting it foos! JUST KNIGHT IT! XD

Youko a verb...how about it means "To speak on a podcast" Johnknight1 Youkos on some occassions.

Those were some CRAZY QUESTIONS! XD C'mon, do a SMB3 song with Mr. Game and Watch's taunt(s)! XD Just imagine 3 taunts in Brawl...too much fun...especially if there was taunt cacelling in Brawl! XD

As for a better name...

"THE SHOWDOWN!"

C'mon, you gotta love it as a name! :)

Mailtime...lol! Rooby ROO! MAILTIME-A-DOOOOoooohH!

The rundown...the rundown just mindgamed the crap out of both of you. It owned you! XD

That WiiNintendo article was pretty neat. This should TOTALLY be a official smashbros thing! XD WiiNintendo...Sakurai could be aware of it! XD Bettledorf? WTF?

I still like the idea of a colliding points segment I thought of. That'd be pretty cool, in all honesty. Make the podcast a few 3 hours long, with this segment idea on one subject! XD

Roundtable (not the Rundown): 9.7/10 Seemed a bit too long, but idc. Whatever! XD

XguardianAce's Brawl Viewpoints on Tournament Mode: Tournament mode seems weak, like it was in Melee. Match type...regular, winner out, loser out...the last two aren't easier. They are kinda neat, but really lack depths. Round Robin...I love that idea! Round Robin would be pretty neat, to be honest. Single or double elimination...what about Triple Elimination! XD (jk) The press b thing is dumb, seriously. Match format...1 round, 3 rounds, 5 rounds, etc. Hmm...a set thing would be neat. Pick stages for each round...intresting. Stage banning...intresting=I like it! Turn off stage hazards=WIN! PCP...lol=good thought. Final Match rules...sounds great, but a semi-finals would be pretty neat as well. Preselect stages for a final match=win. The cpu skip thing should be added, definitely. Handicapped would be neat, and as for the controller socket thing...ergh. Not bad of a entry, not bad at all.

8/10

Forgot Wi-Fi! XD

Ending thoughts and ending stuff:

NEWCOMER! NEWCOMER! *points at Ridley or Balloon Fighter*

Those last comments were...well random! No frisbee kids! :(

Ending thoughts and ending stuff rating: 6.0/10

Overall rating: 8.5/10

I'm begining to feel the lack of the "Show Yourself" segment. I'm not sure if you need to use my idea (which roxx!), or possibly have two Brawl viewpoints, but doing something like that would be nice. Well, that's just my two cents at least. Good job, as always! :)

~His Knightlyness Himself~

-Johnknight1! :)

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. &quot;The South Ya'
LOLz, they mentioned a word I "coined" I made the saying "PODbasy" or "basy" lolz

Anyway, love the new format Youko. You and SP are great. This episode was so great, covered everything perfectly and was hilarious.

New name for roundtable = VS. Mode

XD, if I think of anything I'll post it here.

BTW, people, show support for SMYN by telling your friends like I have.

~cless-mint

Blackadder

Smash Master
LOLz, they mentioned a word I "coined" I made the saying "PODbasy" or "basy" lolz

Anyway, love the new format Youko. You and SP are great. This episode was so great, covered everything perfectly and was hilarious.
~cless-mint
They mentioned "PODbasy"?
OMGOMGOMGOMG.

It's been a while, but I should really try and catch-up with the cast again...and Youko, sorry for not being on MSN this weekend so we could do the Trial I...uhm.
Resident Evil 4. It's an addiction, and I totally forgot. Sorry...

Also, CLess, WE made the term PODbasy! Together! Remember the MSN chat?

Blackadder: The pOdbasy is cool (Uber typo it was)
CLess: OMG! PODbasy!
Blackadder: OMG!

We are heroes.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I've been saying "Tingle for Brawl" for a while. It's in my signature actually, though the signature is obscured by the max size in posts.

I'm in the wagon of people who actually would want to play as him. Why? Simple: think of the look on your opponent's face when they lose to TINGLE. Yeah, that's what I want to experience...beating down people with a guy that screams KOOLOO-LIMPAH.

Great episode Youko and SamuraiPanda, keep it up.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
O.O This was the BEST EPISODE EVER!! I pretty much laughed through the whole thing, non-stop. The one thing that stuck out in my memory the most, was probably the story of the Superman guy in the classroom; it's so funny, that it's hard to believe that it was real. I would love it if all of the episodes were this laid back and this hilarious.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
It's about time that it turns into a multi-people podcast. One person talking for an entire podcast is just stupid.

Top Bottom