• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I also wanted to say, about why I think Wario wasn't in the demo:

I think he originally was, but when they realized they needed to push the game back, they decided to shove Sonic in as a form of appeasement, and Wario was just a character they decided to take out to put Sonic in place of.

I'm really wondering why they kept Kirby out. I wanted to see Kirby's new possible playability.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
he was out because they didn't want to show his hats

those hats make a good update afterall

EDIT: wait wait, did i say A good update

my bad i meant they make about 20 good updates lol

kalidaze

Smash Rookie
Yea, I think they shoved a few extra characters in the game, just have to unlock them and see.

Neoriceisgood

Smash Cadet
Not sure if I liked the whole "competitive versus casual player" part.

I've seen the deba. . arguements all over the place, and both childs are excessively childish in my eyes;

And it's often just a specific group of people on either side that are causing trouble;

On the competitive side there's the people who make threads to boycott brawl for removing wavedashing, and crying about how it'll help "the noobs"; whilst on the casual side there's more of a general perspective that -these- rather obnoxiously present folk somehow represent all competitive players.

Although I agree to some extend to what is said, I can't believe you guys actually even bothered giving time to such a childish debate, I highly doubt that the people really participating in it plan to stop.

Other than that I loved the podcast as usual though, good job.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
On the competitive side there's the people who make threads to boycott brawl for removing wavedashing, and crying about how it'll help "the noobs"; whilst on the casual side there's more of a general perspective that -these- rather obnoxiously present folk somehow represent all competitive players.

Although I agree to some extend to what is said, I can't believe you guys actually even bothered giving time to such a childish debate, I highly doubt that the people really participating in it plan to stop.
They wanted people to get along, not strengthen the arguments. =\ SP said that this game is meant to be played whichever way you want, otherwise you wouldn't have the feature to turn off items and certain stages.

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
They mentioned "PODbasy"?
OMGOMGOMGOMG.

It's been a while, but I should really try and catch-up with the cast again...and Youko, sorry for not being on MSN this weekend so we could do the Trial I...uhm.
Resident Evil 4. It's an addiction, and I totally forgot. Sorry...

Also, CLess, WE made the term PODbasy! Together! Remember the MSN chat?

Blackadder: The pOdbasy is cool (Uber typo it was)
CLess: OMG! PODbasy!
Blackadder: OMG!

We are heroes.
OMG, you're right, I completely forgot. Here I am thinking I typoed it. LOLZ!

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
HAHA Retrorific is the best new word ever!!!!!....SamuraiPanda you go for that world record, and

Youko vb. - Being overly cool and awesome...and i got another one for you Pandaing vb. - Saying that you're "middle leg" is more useful than your other legs

New Name - Clockwork - Since most of the time, Roundtable is always a long portion of the cast

Hopefully this all works

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Ironically, SamuraiPanda and Youko complained about the lack of double updates, and the day after is a double update!

Masterem243

Smash Lord
There's always that possibility. Your podcast is obviously becoming more famous. The reason why I joined this forum is because of the podcast.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
All you gotta do is go to iTunes, and search for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and you'll find this podcast.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
So whats the delio on the Podbassy? is there anyway to split an episode into separate parts?

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
he was out because they didn't want to show his hats

those hats make a good update afterall

EDIT: wait wait, did i say A good update

my bad i meant they make about 20 good updates lol
I remember some people speculating that Kirby was kept out on the off-chance that some glitch in his programming would occur and he'd end up wearing the hat of a character not yet announced, like Ridley. Actually, wasn't that talked about on SMYN? Lol, I can't remember.

Obviously the biggest spoiler is when Kirby absorbs Metaknight he becomes a Pink Metaknight who can absorb B powers. Broken.

Or it could've been Sakurai showing his more modest side again. **** Japanese and their polite behavior...

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
Show Me Your News Rooooooooooooooockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeaaaah!

Go Youko

dk64

Smash Cadet
round table<"brawl chat". short sweet, and to the point. that's it's new name.

youko-op = being the 1 selected to be the third person on the round table, or "Brawl Chat" with youko.

/\above=my contribution to show me ur news.. C ya!!!

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Chat is only one syllable shorter than Round Table, so saying it's "Short and sweet" compared to the name Round Table is only by a technicality. Also Brawl Chat sounds a bit cheesy. Round Table fits, because that's the style of talking they're actually doing: Round Table style, where everyone includes their two cents on a single topic.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Pretty awesome, I really like the lenght now.
I wouldn't mind, if it gets even longer.
Maybe I'll contribute with some questions for mail time in near future.

Keep up the amazing work!

Sariku

Smash Master
Wow, I'm really getting sad now. I always read all the posts you guys make. Now I skip some stuff like your Reviews as that's not mine to worry about, but most everything I read.

But either or, it's so sad to see "Great Job on the cast Youko and SamuraiPanda!" It used to be Youko and Sariku, sometimes... Samurai, you officially replaced me, xD. But I feel glad for you, it's always nice to get recognition (Though you had more than enough with your Translation Thread, lulz).

Youko, you know. I completely bagged on how horrible this will be. Taking out the Rundown, come on. That seemed stupid. But you surprised me, alot. I actually really enjoyed this version. Best Episode? Not at all, but it was very good nonetheless. You keep surprising me everyday Youko, and I can't wait to see what you become later on.

Oh, I think I know your favorite Music Update.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Guess who's back...back again...

Adder's Back...Tell a friend.

Okay, I should probably say sorry to Youko.
I know I've been drifting off from the cast in recent days, but I'm making my return!

I'm currently listening to the latest episode, and loving it.
I know I missed yet ANOTHER chance at the roundtable, but I'll be trying to be all epic and here and neat again.

Reviews should come back up soon, and I'll try and keep up with stuff again.
Also, I love that Rundown is gone. It really made the reviews hard to do, and I honestly often found it...dull. :(

SEX1111111111

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm really getting sad now. I always read all the posts you guys make. Now I skip some stuff like your Reviews as that's not mine to worry about, but most everything I read.

But either or, it's so sad to see "Great Job on the cast Youko and SamuraiPanda!" It used to be Youko and Sariku, sometimes... Samurai, you officially replaced me, xD. But I feel glad for you, it's always nice to get recognition (Though you had more than enough with your Translation Thread, lulz).

Youko, you know. I completely bagged on how horrible this will be. Taking out the Rundown, come on. That seemed stupid. But you surprised me, alot. I actually really enjoyed this version. Best Episode? Not at all, but it was very good nonetheless. You keep surprising me everyday Youko, and I can't wait to see what you become later on.

Oh, I think I know your favorite Music Update.

Dude that must feel bad on you gettin replaced by samuria panda:laugh: but you were really good on the ones i heard on you. Nice job. At least you got to get into the podcast no im kiddin im not like that but again nice job on what you contributed to the podcast. Hey maybe you can do a rundown (ah man youko is startin to get me to do it to:() i mean roundtable with both of them later on. by the way did anyone check out the new update RAQUAZA AS A BOSS= PEUR POONAG

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, that translation thread became pretty huge. My only hope is that SMYN can become nearly as well known as that thread, although that is a hard goal to achieve.

bryguy2049

Smash Rookie
I really should post here more often, but I find myself attached to Gamefaqs. =_=

It's more civilized and organized here. I'll be coming here more often once Brawl comes out to get the FC's of the best. I need the practice/challenge.

Top Bottom