• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Yes, 20 was great. Gimpyfish should come back for the final SMYN, assuming it'll end when the DOJO updates stop.
Better: On Febuary 9th, Youko, Samurai Panda, Piffman2, Gimpyfish, that guy from the first trial, and Colbusman come together and discuss everything known from the Japanesse version, and the best updates ever.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Better: On Febuary 9th, Youko, Samurai Panda, Piffman2, Gimpyfish, that guy from the first trial, and Colbusman come together and discuss everything known from the Japanesse version, and the best updates ever.
Wow, that would actually pretty cool.

What about anyone else that will be on the Table before then?

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
Colbusman was the first?

And I doubt that, they had problems with just Gimpy, let alone all of those guys, plus the ones that would show up in following roundtables.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Tripping? what do they mean by that?
I mean is that a newaddition to the game or what?

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
Well, I would do the stream, but it can also technically be streamed on the blog, which is now up!

EDIT:

Now, if you all don't mind, I'm off to play SUPER MARIO GALAXYYYYY which I just got (yes, I totally caved in)!

my review:
lol youko caved into the game. im gettin it for christmas.
yeah but youko sakurai is tryin to get rid of the e for all updates ,so he can get to the juicy stuff, while throwing in a couple of new stuff.

misunderestimate lol new word for the dictionary lol

im happy the exploding crates and barrels are out but i agree a sliding crate now wtf

triping was meant probally to stop the character from running back and forth to annoy or just to add physics to the game like the gravity thing

respur again another word

the yeti on the summit LOL :laugh and gold bowser is the **** nice dark link to. im using that wolf fox color for my main. no no no NINJA JIGGLYPUFF (she hides in the night and sings her foes to sleep) :laugh: but i agree im disappointed with just alternate colors instead of alternate costumes that would be asome if we had both though. fights against dark self in the sub space nice

thats all i got to listen to because it turned off after youko clapped on his own hand lol o well i wait for the ipod part

edit: dont you think that would be a little much to control. imagine a hundred guys talking about all the updates you couldnt here a single one of them. now sakurai inviting all the people that joined in the podcast for a free play of the game before the release now that would be nice

The Director

Smash Lord
Now, if you all don't mind, I'm off to play SUPER MARIO GALAXYYYYY which I just got (yes, I totally caved in)!
Oh man! After your little announcement that you haven't gotten yet, I was actually going to buy it for you as an X-Mas gift for all the weeks of Smash related love that you've given us! (no joke!! some americans have money to just throw away like that!!)

It seems that logic is actually false. There are good people over the internet after all!

Downloaded 21. Will listen to it when I get the chance...

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
I have to say, I really liked it when you guys had Gimpy on. This week is good so far, but I find myself laughing a lot more when you have three people who love to go on tangents, and the sarcasm helped. This time, I'm more just listening intently. More Gimpy!

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I have to say, I really liked it when you guys had Gimpy on. This week is good so far, but I find myself laughing a lot more when you have three people who love to go on tangents, and the sarcasm helped. This time, I'm more just listening intently. More Gimpy!
it must be just me
but did Gimpy sound like the guy from superbad....the one with the curly hair???

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
nice podcast, as always. very funny

uh, so what is there to say? there are some points, as always, where i wish i was there to correct places, but i can't remember. oh and don't worry Youko, i use dark costumes for all my characters. dark=awesome

and SP voice changes were nice. the lower pitches reminded me so much of James Earl Jones (voice of Darth Vader, for those who don't know)

well, then the Ridley fiasco. i was surprised you didn't say Club R.I.D.L.E.Y. was shut down and disbanded. i did give you the PM Youko, right, being a member (well, former) and all? well, yeah. that was too much for me, so the club is gone, for those who don't know. but glad you guys think of me as respectable. i always try to post in a respectable way, so nice to hear that.

Al Calnos, nice topic, but bad speaking. you sounded like you had braces...and was drunk at the same time. you stumbled a lot and slurred your words. nice job, despite all that though

overall, nice episode again. it had it's bad moments, but it still was great

EDIT: yeah, long podcast, but now things are coming back. rumors...interesting. i don't think the third one is correct, but i hope the first and second (both parts) are correct

EDIT 2: funny you did a starcraft universe for Brawl, cause i've always loved Blizzard and all their games. i've always wanted to see Jim Raynor, though

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I spent days on that Viewpoint, so I'm glad you liked it Youko, even if you don't agree fully. But hey, you never know, we may very well see Ocelot and Knuckles in Brawl ;)

Definitely not Kerrigan though, that was just me being a StarCraft fanboy :laugh:

Speaking of StarCraft, I just noticed I mentioned the Firebat as an Assist Trophy and it just so happens to be my avatar... go figure.

Anyways, great episode as always. Glad I could contribute more than a compliment this time around :)

Oh, and I feel like I should give credit where credit is due as far as music is concerned so in order...
(All from the "Smashing Composers" Thread and YouTube, save one)

Meta Knight's Revenge (Kirby Super Star, Brawl version)
Original Metal Gear Solid theme (MGS :p)
MGS4 "Love Theme" (MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, Brawl version)
A random Castlevania remix entitled "The Raven" by somebody named Goat.
Star Light Zone (Sonic 1)
Emerald Hill Zone (Sonic 2)
Sky Sanctuary Zone (Sonic & Knuckles)
Final Zone (Final Boss fight in Sonic 1)
Back to Back (Sonic Rush, I thought it was kinda fitting :p)
Green Hill Zone (take a guess)
"Amazing Water" (or so says this Youtube "video", but of course it's from NiGHTS: Into Dreams)
StarCraft II Art Trailer

ADDED:
Al Calnos, nice topic, but bad speaking. you sounded like you had braces...and was drunk at the same time. you stumbled a lot and slurred your words. nice job, despite all that though
Odd, I don't have braces nor was a drunk during any of the recordings, however most of them were done in the middle of the night and I would put some of the blame on my cheap mic and use of the standard default voice recorder. You know, the one that only lets you record up to a minute at a time? That was annoying... but thanks for the kind words! Kind words are nice :)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
new post, but seperate from the review, so entitled to new post.

when Youko is gone (for christmas break), and if you, SP, decide to do SMYN, i'd be more than happy to contribute when Gimpy can't make it or if he can't do it. i've always wanted to do another Roundtable with you guys anyway

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
funny you did a starcraft universe for Brawl, cause i've always loved Blizzard and all their games. i've always wanted to see Jim Raynor, though
Good ol' Jimmy is my fav character from StarCraft, but I thought it would be better to go with someone who wasn't human (well, technically Kerri is an infested human, but my point still stands). Also, being a Kirby main, I think an "Infested Kirby" would be awesome :laugh:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
"Shelda" was another amazing word for the dictionary. Don't forget Shelda.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I liked this episode. Solid one. The rumors are very interesting, of course I'd like it if the first two were true, not the third. If they delay it again... well let's just say I'll be a sad panda.
---
On the Ridley issue:
I gotta say that there was no reason to shut down the third Ridley thread and ban Ridley threads in general. The spam that was going on there was no worse than the stuff you see in the other support threads. There was a bit of flaming but it was just one guy instigating. I don't see why the actions of a few have to make everyone suffer. The thread was not the problem, just the few rabidly supportive members who decided to spam topics. And the mods banned them, so I don't see why there was any need to do anything else. Anyway that's my take on it and I know it wasn't your decision Youko so I got nothing against you, just the mods who take the easy way out and decide to ban Ridley topics altogether instead of finding out what the source of the problem is and taking care of that.
---

I'm sorry Al Canos but I couldn't stand the way you talked. The way your voice went up at the end of every sentence was annoying after 10 seconds so I had to fast forward through the whole thing.

The easter egg was hilarious... what editing software do you use Youko?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Pro Tools M-Powered. Yeah, the really high-end software. There are several others that do that kind of manipulation, but probably not as good of quality.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
well im glad you didnt post a thread about it
but if and IFit somehow happens (God forbid) a demo would be nice (as mentioned)
There's no point in posting a topic that EVERYONE knows about. I don't want to be what I hate.

Anyway, I think a demo would be sufficient if they do delay, but I seriously don't feel like going through all of that. I want the game in February and if Nintendo delays it, I'll lose a lot of faith in them.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Another Delay would just be innecesary, what was the last delay for.....nothing more than to add a few smaller things like submit and add wiimote save features. Anyways this we alrady faced the second delay (the first was in the delay from 2006, this game was suppose to come out with The wii as soon as it was released)

Wight

Smash Apprentice
Hey if you look at the colour change update, an interesting thing is that think of the amount of colours. Mario, there are only two colours viable for teams, fire flower (red) and the blue one (blue) and then there is the brown mario and that yellow one. That means there is still the default mario (can be red too) and the green mario. That means there are 1, 2, 3.... 6! different colours for mario and probably the same amount for everyone else (and thats one more than in melee) which is a nice add. could there be more?

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
... D:

If Rumor three is true I'm out of luck. I've preordered Brawl in AZ, and I'll be leaving to go back to GA for over a year at the end of Feb. I'd be a very sad Darkfur.

As for Rumor 2... Grunting isn't too hard, plus we have a lot of new characters... so I really don't think it means anything at all...

Also "Shelda" is my new favorite word and will now be what I call that character forever more. =p.

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
An idea...

Just thought of a random idea for when Youko's on his Christmas break. Because it'd be a lot of trouble to have more than three people on the roundtable, why not have people submit short opinions of some of the updates? So to introduce an update whoever was running SMYN would play maybe one or two short opinions of the updates and then add their views, as well as responding to comments made? Probably best not to have the views TOO indepth or else there'd be nothing to talk about!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey if you look at the colour change update, an interesting thing is that think of the amount of colours. Mario, there are only two colours viable for teams, fire flower (red) and the blue one (blue) and then there is the brown mario and that yellow one. That means there is still the default mario (can be red too) and the green mario. That means there are 1, 2, 3.... 6! different colours for mario and probably the same amount for everyone else (and thats one more than in melee) which is a nice add. could there be more?
Um...the update said each character would have about 6 costumes. And I'd say his normal outfit would be his Red Team colour, as it was in the previous 2 games.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ya know mic, the first time we recorded the Roundtable, we actually mentioned you twice I believe.

I specifically brought you up to talk about how jealous I am of that Godot avatar + quote of yours :/

Top Bottom