• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
well Youko, you got your Kirby music. but man, what are you even going to review this week? i mean i don't mind this update at all (unlike yesterday) but there is nothing to go off on

but jazz music rocks. still wishing for a more orchestrated feel. i mean if Galaxy can pull off a FULLY orchestrated game (i mean, they even had an orchestra called "Mario Galaxy Orchestra), then why can't Brawl?
I don't know Colbusman, Handicap was an interesting update. I know I could rant on it for a while (so Youko and Samurai panda together will do loops around it). The music is sure to get in and I guess everything rides on this last update....lets hope it's a good one ^_^

---------------

I'll get a viewpoint in sometime today as well. I just need to work out some bugs.

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
if... the next update is lammy like the most resently... Youko, you just can play over and over "Kirby: Meta Knight’s Revenge" during 72 minutes, and it will be the best for your podcast:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
Well, Youko, looks like your only hope for something that actually makes the cut (perhaps not counting the kirby song) is tomorrow. This week is TOTALLY lackluster, so please MASAHIRO SAKURAI, I IMPLORE YOU TO... GIMME A GOOD UPDATE!!!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Well, Youko, looks like your only hope for something that actually makes the cut (perhaps not counting the kirby song) is tomorrow. This week is TOTALLY lackluster, so please MASAHIRO SAKURAI, I IMPLORE YOU TO... GIMME A GOOD UPDATE!!!
I laughed. I truthfully don't think we are going to have a character tomorrow but it could be something good like a wi-fi update.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
yes my holidays started at the end of today, maybe ill have time this week to send in a good brawl viewpoint or maybe a couple of questions i figure it out when i wake up tommorrow and not have to go to rummel LOL

and this week looks like its going to be a sucky week after all so hopefully sakurai makes up for this week with thanksgiving week

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Wow I totally just started listening to these podcasts. Great stuff. Keep it up guys.

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about Epic Fail Week. Or at least... Epic Fail 4/5 of the a week.

I'm actually kinda interested in these podcasts now. I think it's exactly what the community needs. We need someone to actually voice opinions on the game... well, besides Gimpy. No lack of love to Gimpy, especially since he's kinda the only pro to compile comprehensive data at the demo, but we do need people looking at it from our perspective.

Also, the whole thing with Megaman v. Olimar for the next newcomer update really needs to die. I don't even know how it came about.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
now there is something to talk about with this last update
QFT! I don't know why people are complaining. This is a VERY good update. Like I said in the other thread, it opens up the possibility for online tournaments without having to record matches and send them to the judges for proof of win/loss.

It also shows that Sakurai means SERIOUS BUSINESS with online modes, and there is probably a LOT more coming. Plus betting on online matches seems like fun.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea all I could make out was Toad, Sothe, Silver and a Nintendog....I couldnt make out the other one...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well, youko got his wish in winning stickers, but it doesn't look like you can bet them. and as samurai panda asked, how are they going to make us want coins? coins will be a little pointless if this is all you use coins for.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
well, youko got his wish in winning stickers, but it doesn't look like you can bet them. and as samurai panda asked, how are they going to make us want coins? coins will be a little pointless if this is all you use coins for.
yes me too, the update was decent, well...for those who have good internet connection..*sob* *sob*....T_T

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
well Youko, you got your Kirby music. but man, what are you even going to review this week? i mean i don't mind this update at all (unlike yesterday) but there is nothing to go off on

but jazz music rocks. still wishing for a more orchestrated feel. i mean if Galaxy can pull off a FULLY orchestrated game (i mean, they even had an orchestra called "Mario Galaxy Orchestra), then why can't Brawl?
Yeah nothing that major this week.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Hey, Youko, since Sakurai listens to SMYN, this week say something about Tails, B Jr., or Plusle and Minun for brawl!

Also, what do you think "Operation Service" means?

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Today's (Friday) update was interesting. But I do see one issue.

We already have "pro" Smashers. They take the game way too seriously and take the fun out of it.

I can just see it now. "Pro" gamblers will only want to bet their worthless coins on 1 vs 1 batttles on the flat stages with no items on. Otherwise they'll say the betting shouldn't count. There will be massive uproar and they'll end up just taking down the whole online community for Brawl. Stupid "pro" Smash gamblers!!!

That was a joke... I hope...

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
yes, because the onlly way to enjoy playing or gambling in this game is all items on Max in New pork City FFA's [/sarcasm]

your types make me sick, on both sides of the spectrum

This last update are pretty 'meh' for me. And since i'm not into gambling, unless there's something exclusive coming from it, then I won't bother

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
yes, because the onlly way to enjoy playing or gambling in this game is all items on Max in New pork City FFA's [/sarcasm]

This last update are pretty 'meh' for me. And since i'm not into gambling, unless there's something exclusive coming from it, then I won't bother

Apparently, even when I say it's a joke, it's not taken as one. Dude, I said joke. It was a joke. Laugh, haha. Enjoy life. And yeah I'm sure there is stuff you can only get through watching/betting.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529

Dude, chill, he said it was a joke.

Anyway, gambling is worthless ... what's the point if all you have to go on is character and stage. It's blind betting is what it is. I know I won't be using this feature unless there's something other than just stickers to win.

Good luck with the podcast this week. Not a single great update other than the MK music.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
if... the next update is lammy like the most resently... Youko, you just can play over and over "Kirby: Meta Knight’s Revenge" during 72 minutes, and it will be the best for your podcast:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
I think that would make the cast right there. 90+ minutes of Metaknight's Revenge.

Can anyone one tell me of a good site to do audio recording? My computers audio program sucks of major lameness
Audacity.

Wewt I was right ^^

though the update sucked even though it WAS a wi-fi update =\
Yeh really. You won't know who you're watching, so the match could be totally noob and boring.

Also, the YoukoPanda dictionary is soon to come. Episode 17 right?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So I finished the Easter Egg for this week. And it is PWNZ0RZ. SamuraiPanda agrees with me. It's somewhere in the forums. Good luck finding it, but don't come crying that it got spoiled for you.

PLK, we also had a couple interesting words last time, but yeah, 17's when the idea started.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Hi man, my name is Owen and I have always being a fan of your podcast, if fact during one of my internet wandering trip I discovered your wonderful project, which in turn introduced me to this incredible online community.

I was thrilled when you briefly mention of my Official Coin Discussion thread in SMYN eps. 18(?), even you forgot my online handle(RoyalRook), you highness, lol.

I have some interesting contributions and responses from the forum in my original thread which you can find here [
Official SSBB Coins System Discussion ]
Would you care to contribute part of your upcoming podcast (#20 wow) in light of the most recent dojo update?

P.S. I would love to join in one of your round table sessions after the exams.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It's not a contest. It's a find-it-only-if-you're-interested-but-you'll-get-it-in-the-podcast-anyway kinda deal.

And thank you for the kind words, kaydon_esker.

impulse346

Smash Cadet
hey youko,

that easter egg was so sweet. I just got finished with this weeks midterms and had to listen to it, made my week so much better after all the studying. Can't wait for this weeks SMYN. Keep up the good work.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
hey youko,

that easter egg was so sweet. I just got finished with this weeks midterms and had to listen to it, made my week so much better after all the studying. Can't wait for this weeks SMYN. Keep up the good work.
Thus, it raised your mood. And better moods mean better grades. ZOMG! SMYN UPS YOUR GRADES CONFIRMED!

*cough* Umm, yeah anywhoo.... lol

I enjoyed todays update... not that I'll use it much though. Never been much of a lucky person and thus I don't gamble. But nice none the less.

Dangit I want to listen to the easter egg (especially with all the good reactoins) so much but I don't want to spoil it. xD The worst part is that I even already know what it is too.

Also, I didn't want to bother you with a PM or anything like that Youko or SP, but the front page doesn't say anything about how set up a roundtable trial. What's up with that?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Today's (Friday) update was interesting. But I do see one issue.

We already have "pro" Smashers. They take the game way too seriously and take the fun out of it.

I can just see it now. "Pro" gamblers will only want to bet their worthless coins on 1 vs 1 batttles on the flat stages with no items on. Otherwise they'll say the betting shouldn't count. There will be massive uproar and they'll end up just taking down the whole online community for Brawl. Stupid "pro" Smash gamblers!!!

yeah that doesn't seem realistic.

Top Bottom