• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
Kthanks. I'm sure you'll find plenty here to disagree with you, since you're one of the few who thinks so.
I'm about to unleash unstoppable logic on you, prepare yourself.

-It's understandable to assume that smashboards attracts a decent amount of people that like/love japanese culture, like anime. Your name, after all, is based on an anime.

-It's also pretty likely that most smashboards members are from the west (and primarily the USA.)

-It's safe to say that a western citizen that especially likes eastern culture (namely anime, in this case) is a weeaboo.

-It's pretty obvious that a weeaboo is more likely to adhere to eastern cultural norms

-Collectivism is an eastern cultural norm, especially in Japan

What does this mean? Your fanbase is just displaying an unstoppable love for your work because their minds are so deeply ingrained in eastern culture that they've been collectivists instead of individualists.

What does this mean to you, Max780? It means I don't suck. Adamantine logic on my part? Absolutely.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Wapanese

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
LOL GenocideMachine, you just made yourself look ********. I would leave now while you still got some dignity left.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace

-It's understandable to assume that smashboards attracts a decent amount of people that like/love japanese culture, like anime. Your name, after all, is based on an anime.

-It's also pretty likely that most smashboards members are from the west (and primarily the USA.)

-It's safe to say that a western citizen that especially likes eastern culture (namely anime, in this case) is a weeaboo.

-It's pretty obvious that a weeaboo is more likely to adhere to eastern cultural norms

What does this mean? Your fanbase is just displaying an unstoppable love for your work because their minds are so deeply ingrained in eastern culture that they've been collectivists instead of individualists.

What does this mean to you, Max780? It means I don't suck. Adamantine logic on my part? Absolutely.

If you cannot accept the fame Youko, SamuraiPanda and the others have achieved, or the fact that it is far more populair then anything you will ever do in your life, then just go ahead and leave - To eBaum's World, where you belong.

Even if you don't like this - Don't go barging in telling people off. Leave people in there values.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You've been here for a half a year, accumulated 24 posts, and on a high percentage of those posts, you've either had to make the censor function work or you've been flaming people. Yes, people can see the posts you've made in a list. They'll see that this is indeed true.

Keep this up, and a mod WILL crack down on you, especially if you have the foolish notion to rip on a mod's work. Not to mention posting a link with derogatory material on it. Mess with one and you will lose. This is your warning, because I know you're following this.

How's that for "adamantine logic"?

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
You've been here for a half a year, accumulated 24 posts, and on a high percentage of those posts, you've either had to make the censor function work or you've been flaming people. Yes, people can see the posts you've made in a list. They'll see that this is indeed true.

Keep this up, and a mod WILL crack down on you, especially if you have the foolish notion to rip on a mod's work. Not to mention posting a link with derogatory material on it. Mess with one and you will lose. This is your warning, because I know you're following this.

How's that for "adamantine logic"?
You just got YOUKOWNED

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You just got YOUKOWNED

HAHA, thats hilarious. mainly because its true. i just looked up that guys posts. sad... he gives people with no life a bad name :laugh:

i've just about finished a brawl viewpoint, i just have to find time to record it (younger siblings don't help)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It looks super, silver, keep up the great work!! That kind of style would look awesome on a white t-shirt!

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
I for one love the show, as I have stated before. You did a great job considering the lack of stuff last week, and this week continues, looks like it might be another rough one. People keep clamoring for a new character, but look at the site.

There are 11 newcomers, 12 veterans. That's 23. Which probably means we'll get one more newcomer before Feb. 10 announced, and that's it. It probably won't be until either Dec. 3 or Dec. 25, the other day will probably be the announcement of another game mode.

If you really can't stand the updates, don't go the site or come here. I for one enjoy Show Me Your News for giving me a deeper perspective on all the stuff announced, even if they might be disappointed deep down inside as well.

Keep up the good work, and ignore the rants. There are always critics.

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
LOL GenocideMachine, you just made yourself look ********. I would leave now while you still got some dignity left.
It was satire, do you honestly think I was serious about bringing about individualism and collectivism on Smashboards of all places? For the love of God, give me a break. And Youko, I can't say I'm particularly impressed with your form of argumentation. Sounded like you were saying "don't insult my work or be banned" to me.

I'd like to mention that if I saw someone wearing a SMYN teeshirt I'd lawl.

Edit: Also, is there really any reason to mention you'll win, Youko? You're in a moderator position, if you were to act as a fascist it's obvious that I could do nothing in response.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
No offense to you, of course, Youko, but the quality sure has dropped as of late. It probably has to do with the crap updates, but these roundtables are big and unfocused, and are starting to become pretty boring. I really liked the structured segments much better.

I think the focus on a casual roundtable has put quality to the backburner.

Just my thoughts. I still listen to it, I just don't enjoy it as I once did.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
It was satire, do you honestly think I was serious about bringing about individualism and collectivism on Smashboards of all places? For the love of God, give me a break. And Youko, I can't say I'm particularly impressed with your form of argumentation. Sounded like you were saying "don't insult my work or be banned" to me.

Edit: Also, is there really any reason to mention you'll win, Youko? You're in a moderator position, if you were to act as a fascist it's obvious that I could do nothing in response.
Dude, he was telling you he would ban you for the profanity and other stuff that pushes the limits, not your opinion. He probably doesn't like your opinion, but you won't be banned for that.
When the censor filter has to keep coming on because of you, that's the issue.

And that stuff about individualism vs collectivism didn't come across as satire. You put way too much time and thought into. Just because it backfired doesn't mean you can just say you didn't mean it. Everything is taken for face value OR over analyzed value on the internet, remember that.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

- No one said you needed to come in this thread and rip on it if you that was the way you felt. There's no rationale behind your complaints with the podcast, to which I only said were contrary to the way most people perceived the show.

Dude, he was telling you he would ban you for the profanity and other stuff that pushes the limits, not your opinion. He probably doesn't like your opinion, but you won't be banned for that.
When the censor filter has to keep coming on because of you, that's the issue.
- Spot on, spot on. Now, judging by your post history, all you've been is an instigator. Enough said there.

- Whoever said that I would be the one to "act as a fascist," as you so crudely elaborated? If you actually read my warning, this was never said. But do realize that if you antagonize a moderator on any board anywhere, you're in deep crap.

Now, onto a more rationalized comment:

SirPenguin, thank you for giving reasoning behind the way you felt. I apologize if it has not been up to your liking, but I'm glad to still hear that you at least enjoy it. At least it gives us something Smash-related on the weekends, right? :)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
No offense to you, of course, Youko, but the quality sure has dropped as of late. It probably has to do with the crap updates, but these roundtables are big and unfocused, and are starting to become pretty boring. I really liked the structured segments much better.

I think the focus on a casual roundtable has put quality to the backburner.

Just my thoughts. I still listen to it, I just don't enjoy it as I once did.
I strongly disagree (not in a "you are wrong" sense, though). Personally, I rather enjoy the discussions because (A) it beats reading forums all day; listening lets me do other stuff too; and (B) with the severe lack of updates, the discussions really add depth to said updates by discussing possibilities and subtle messages.

I'm sure when a big week hits, SMYN will take off once again. ;)

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
Yo Silver777 that drawing is pretty good, but I really liked the sketchy kind of style you used before. Dunno how that would come out on a T-Shirt though.

And @ GenocideMachine, your overweight girlfriend dump you or are you just on your period? 6/10 Troll. If you want to be taken seriously put your critiques in a more respectable, ACTUALLY logical manner.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
attn: genocide guy

you are being an idiot for the sake of being an idiot, everyone knows it, stop trying to sound intellectual with your pointless arguments.

you dont look smart you look like an idiot and you are an idiot. you aren't contributing anything to this topic or to swf you just randomly flame people for no reason

people seem to think that because its the internet you can say whatever you want however you want.
dont be a moron.

thanks.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
I strongly disagree (not in a "you are wrong" sense, though). Personally, I rather enjoy the discussions because (A) it beats reading forums all day; listening lets me do other stuff too; and (B) with the severe lack of updates, the discussions really add depth to said updates by discussing possibilities and subtle messages.

I'm sure when a big week hits, SMYN will take off once again. ;)
Mmm, I agree, I loved the roundtables during big updates. It must just be the dry spell at the Dojo.

*shrug*

Either way, I'm an avid listener, and will remain so.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
O.o

TOO. GOOD.

All it needs is a little cleanup on the edges, and it is just about perfect. Cel-shaded definitely looks better on t-shirts, and I wonder how SP's and my "characters" would look done like that...*drools*

Sariku

Smash Master
Dang Silver, that is amazing right there. I really didn't think you had all that in you.

Then again, you drew the awesome picture of the Candy dude from the Subspace Emissary.

And guys, come on. This update was pretty nice today. We basically got Super Sudden Death Mode and Handicapped Mode in one update. We also got another look at the menu. It may not seem stupendous, but think in the grand scale of things.

O.o

TOO. GOOD.

All it needs is a little cleanup on the edges, and it is just about perfect. Cel-shaded definitely looks better on t-shirts, and I wonder how SP's and my "characters" would look done like that...*drools*
And a Sariku one..? XDD.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no no the black and white one would look so much better on a shirt!

keep with the style that we all know and love, i lvoe the black and white stuff

but thats really good hahaha

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
attn: genocide guy

you are being an idiot for the sake of being an idiot, everyone knows it, stop trying to sound intellectual with your pointless arguments.

you dont look smart you look like an idiot and you are an idiot. you aren't contributing anything to this topic or to swf you just randomly flame people for no reason

people seem to think that because its the internet you can say whatever you want however you want.
dont be a moron.

thanks.
hey can u maek me a bible sig too?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
@_@

you are not serious.....tell me you are not....:mad::mad::mad:

...do you want me to stab myself??:urg:

No one said ANYTHING about the resolution being that big!

I never even did a 800x800 pixels pic!!!
Sadly I am serious but I can go to photoshop and stretch it out. The quality doesn't look horrible when stretched on photoshop like it does on paint XD

silver777

Smash Champion

Sadly I am serious but I can go to photoshop and stretch it out. The quality when stretched doesn't k=look bad on photoshop
K. do what you can with it, Because i will in no way gonna draw it again.

....yes, I get frustrated for these things.

Oh... the horror of coloring something in a 2000x2000 pixile pic....

....I think i'll keep it black and white afterall.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
- Spot on, spot on. Now, judging by your post history, all you've been is an instigator. Enough said there.

What can I say? I love to stir up a debate. There's no fun if everyone agrees on everything. Then we'd have collectivism instead of individualism and...

Oh wait we all heard that one before, lol ;)

Eh, not everything I say instigates stuff. But some stuff... yeah, but there in lies the fun.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I didn't really bother reading this entired, but figured this was on topic.
Youko! Awesome job on the podcasts! Really, I've only just now listened to some of them (the first five and the last three) and really, you're doing an amazing job! SamuraiPanda too!
I might just want to submit a brawl viewpoint myself sometime but, not sure yet.
Anyway! Keep up the good work!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
What can I say? I love to stir up a debate. There's no fun if everyone agrees on everything. Then we'd have collectivism instead of individualism and...

Oh wait we all heard that one before, lol ;)

Eh, not everything I say instigates stuff. But some stuff... yeah, but there in lies the fun.

Oh, goodness! I apologize so, so much. I should have added a new paragraph.

Your analysis was spot on.

He was the instigator.

My bad...:( Thank you for not reacting harshly; I can understand how you took it that way...

silver777

Smash Champion
Oh wowowow...Uh...Scratch that about it looking good in photoshop hehehe

Heres the link to it. I didn't embed it because I don't wanna piss off 56k users XP

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/BHLMRO/kirby.png?t=1195081222

I may be able to sharpen it up but I'm not sure. The black and white idea might not be so bad after all =P
there are STILL some errors in it !!!:(:(:(

so....next time I have to draw in 2000x2000 pixiles, right?

...................how the hell I am going to do that?!?

when I make the lineart I usually double the original size and start drawing it.....

.......4000x4000.....oh...I think I'll faint..

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
GenocideMachine, lovely name, you can stop playing the victim. Youko's not telling you that you're going to be banned by expressing an opinion. If you had said something along the lines of "Youko, I don't like this show, this is what could be better". Your approach makes you look like a pompous ******* with a terrible delivery. If you really want to get your opinion across better, don't be 100% negative, don't patronize, and actually add top the conversation rather than take away from it.

"Fascist Youko"? I love how that kinda rolls off the tounge. XD

Top Bottom