• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

SweetSoulBrother

Smash Rookie
Ahh yes. Only the more unrealistic characters.

For anyone that wants more anime/manga styleed artwork, I would suggest turning to SweetSoulBrother. His (I think he's a he >.> <.< anywhoo) art is very nice if you ask me, and he does a great job of coloring!

If anyone wants more realistic artwork that's black and white (pencil) I MIGHT be able to do something there. But keep in mind I don't have any good quality way to get my drawings on the computer.

For anyone that wants to see my realistic art, here's a link... (realistic except for the fact that it's draw in vertical sections) http://blubba.deviantart.com/art/Sliced-Guru-Pinecone-34489535

...and BTW, no I won't draw whatever for the shirt at THIS level of realistic detail, but I think you'd get the point. I can also do manga/anime styled drawings but I don't they are very good. But don't look at the ones in my DA for that, those are exetremely old.

Thanks for the compliment Blubba_Pinecone! Yes I am a he. LOL.

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. &quot;The South Ya'
OMG, I was bored ya'll and decided to look up what Youko's name meant. Don't ask, I said I was bored. Anyway, this is what I got:

YOUKO Gender: Feminine
Usage: Japanese
Other Scripts: 陽子, 洋子 (Japanese)
From Japanese 陽 (you) "sun, sunlight" or 洋 (you) "ocean" combined with 子 (ko) "child".

Source: www.behindthename.com

XD, just messin' with ya youko.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
OMG, I was bored ya'll and decided to look up what Youko's name meant. Don't ask, I said I was bored. Anyway, this is what I got:

From Japanese 陽 (you) "sun, sunlight" or 洋 (you) "ocean" combined with 子 (ko) "child".

Yeah, thing is, as I've said many times before, I picked the name after Youko Kurama from the anime Yu Yu Hakusho...:p

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice

I guess I'll give this a try for Samurai panda

SAMURAI PANDA Gender: Masculine as hell
Usage: Where ever you need him
Other Scripts: 侍 パンダ (Japanese)
From Japanese 侍 "Samurai or Completely Kick A'ss" combined with パンダ "Panda".

'Tis the etymology of Samurai Panda

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ugh I hate fads, especially when I can't get in on them because I chose a stupid user name.
STEVEN

Usage: English

Pronounced: STEEV-en [key]

Usual English form of STEPHEN. The filmmaker Steven Spielberg, director of 'ET' and 'Indiana Jones', is a famous bearer of this name.
Wtf, I want a re-count.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
Youko has a more Radio-esque voice. SamuraiPanda has the regular smash nerd voice.

I'd have to say SamuraiPanda TBH.

But Gimpyfish has the best voice.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
-feels left out- I was in the Cast for a major part too, include me, xDDD.
Well, out of You, Panda, and Youko, I still have to say the real competition is between Youko and Panda =P . Sorry buddy. Maybe it was your mic quality?

Youko has a more Radio-esque voice. SamuraiPanda has the regular smash nerd voice.

I'd have to say SamuraiPanda TBH.

But Gimpyfish has the best voice.
I'm not saying whether I agree or not to what you said about Panda's voice, but I hope he's not taking offence to that.

Also, someone should try my name as "Pyro" .

Quintsy

Smash Cadet
Ugh I hate fads, especially when I can't get in on them because I chose a stupid user name.

Wtf, I want a re-count.
Well......

Stupid Name Website said:
CLINTON

Usage: English

Pronounced: KLIN-tun [key]
From a surname which was originally from a place name meaning "Hilltop Town" in Old English.
I have the best given name in the world.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
Well, out of You, Panda, and Youko, I still have to say the real competition is between Youko and Panda =P . Sorry buddy. Maybe it was your mic quality?

I'm not saying whether I agree or not to what you said about Panda's voice, but I hope he's not taking offence to that.

Also, someone should try my name as "Pyro" .
Holmes, he does a Podcast about Brawl. If he takes offense to being called a smash nerd....****.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731

Hmm, sounds like Youko's from California. Wait That can't be true :ohwell:.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
So yeah, here are the pics of that god-awful shirt I made which was referred to in the 'cast.

nice youko but could do without what looks like tape right on the center of the shirt:laugh:

and i know its kinda wierd to say i just did this but i just finished watchin the long *** video of the e3

/hides in courner ashamed of not watchin it earier/

PLAN ON WORKIN FOR THAT GUY IN ABOUT 6 OR 7 YEARS:laugh:

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Best voices in order

Gimpyfish
Panda
Colbusman
Youko
JohnKnight
Piffman
Sariku.Uchiha

edit: Youko dont worry your still top tier

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
So how have we gone off the subject of a wondefully put together podcast to Bowser flaming people for their voices. OKAY, people are entitled to their own opinions and decisions, but keep them to yourself, surely.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
SamuraiPanda's voice is very generic.

=/
ZOMGWTF Samurai Panda's voice is epic!

Best voices in order

Gimpyfish
Panda
Colbusman
Youko
JohnKnight
Piffman
Sariku.Uchiha

edit: Youko dont worry your still top tier
well I know Sariku.Uchiha may sound nerdy but that's bad sound quality, he probably wouldn't sound bad in person. I personally feel sorry he was plagued with Who's In. There's no way anyone could make column more informative then smash boards (these people dry out the facts).

----------------------

Btw Youko the SMYN shirt should be that exact old shirt expt as scan form. So it would be a scan of taped on paper. If you do that I will by the shirt no doubt. Youko shirt+Samurai Panda's voice=Epic combo

---------------------

Samurai panda in action

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I guess I'll give this a try for Samurai panda

SAMURAI PANDA Gender: Masculine as hell
Usage: Where ever you need him
Other Scripts: 侍 パンダ (Japanese)
From Japanese 侍 "Samurai or Completely Kick A'ss" combined with パンダ "Panda".

'Tis the etymology of Samurai Panda
Truer words have never been said before.

....That is pure badassery right there. I loved that.

SamuraiPanda has the regular smash nerd voice.
OBJECTION! I do NOT have a regular smash nerd voice. I have an awesome smash nerd voice.

I'm actually floored by you guys right now. I never imagined that my voice even came close to the smexyness of Youko's. Especially since my mic kills my voice (it makes me sound more nasal 'cause I can't breathe out of my nose too much or else it hits the mic).

how did i get on that top voice thing o.O
Its definitely the hat hair. I can't think of another reason.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
That shows the same kind of ignorance that most Americans show to the outside world. We have Western accents, Southern accents, Northeastern accents, etc. Those are just the most prominent ones.

Anyway, back on subject... SMYN = awesome
I am not sure if that was a pun or not...

All I said was that SP's voice is very similar to any young american guy i hear on TV or over the internet, They have the exact same accents and ..........I don't know, the same voice???

you know that any Foreign language speakers to you always sound the same, right??

don't you think that too if you watched Japanese Anime??

Why everyone attacked me for this???

:ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::urg:

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
I'll be honest - Show Me Your News just sucks, it's boring, far too long, Youko has an annoying voice, and it's just awkward all around like most podcasts. The only redeeming part is the Captain Falcon reference.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
I'll be honest - Show Me Your News just sucks, it's boring, far too long, Youko has an annoying voice, and it's just awkward all around like most podcasts. The only redeeming part is the Captain Falcon reference.
Maybe you just suck and don't get it.

They put (Youko for sure) a lot of time and effort into it and that alone should be commended. I mean there doing it for us. If you really don't like it don't listen and you really don't need to just bash it.

Youko I think it's awesome as do most people don't let this guy get you down. (I know when one person says something bad although there are 100 good post ( I know from writing for forums and things.) it's hard not to focus on that. So just try not to and know that the rest of us thinks it's awesome.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Kthanks. I'm sure you'll find plenty here to disagree with you, since you're one of the few who thinks so.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'm so sorry you have to do this week Youko. i mean this is by far the WORST update ever. yes, i said it, it's worse than the "You must recover" update. i mean who the hell uses handicaps anyway? yeah this definitely beats my least favorite update (which was Fox's Special moves. if you really want me to explain why, then ask, cause i'll explain)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm guessing we have to have a character this week. We usally get one every 2 weeks or so and this week has sucked *** other then the taunting part which we sort of knew about. A character will make this all better ^^...Hopefully :(

I'm guessing Luigi or jigs for this week even though I want falcon >=(

Also one of the 2 following days has to be that clock item =P

Top Bottom