• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
Great job with this show guys. BTW, Mr. Buzz, I have requested you as a friend on Facebook lol.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I would like games translated into Greek <_< BTW, what ethnicity are you guys?

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
I am downloading it to listen right now! i can't wait to see about what you say this week! i have a couple question floating in my mind, i will have to send them to you guys!

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
SamuraiPanda, facepalm yourself for not knowing Jordan's jersey number.

Listening now, so far so good.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Hmm...about the "conspiracy theoracy." Umm...that sucks. I guess it's possible though. Here are my own complaints about it:

1. In SSE, aren't you given a choice between Mario and Kirby in that first match? It seems weird that they'd let you choose to play as the character that you didn't unlock yet.

Sakurai said:
And as the case has always been, I’ve made it so you can play the characters you unlock in battles.
imo, it seems as though we are going to be forced to fight against them first, based on that quote. But then again, maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot because he didn't necessarily say that you'll play against the unlockable char. But, "as the case has always been" implies that he's doing it in the same way as the former smash games.

2. If Sonic is a starter, why not Snake? After all, Snake was the first revealed third party character, and as I recall, it also caused quite a stir.

3. The order of the characters. The characters are in a pretty random order, unlike the previous games.

Well, I'm hoping you're wrong because I think such a small starting roster would hint at much less playables than I expected.

mas369

Smash Apprentice
Another good one. The roundtable provided a good assortment of info and opinions about the updates and I agree about the opinion on play anyone mode. Your rumor mill segment was very well done and I really liked what you did with your busting down of those two rumors. Samurai's Consperacy Theoracy was very good and well thought out, but I personaly fall in the camp of not wanting to believe it. The easter egg was very funny and I thought that it was one of the best moments of the show.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
The major problem I have with the Conspiracy Theoracy is that it doesn't go along with the current box art. While it may be a moot point if Kirby, PT, and Wario are all unlockable relatively early (or of course, if the box art changes), it just seems weird to put characters on there that won't immediately be available to the person playing the game. And the fact that it would be the same number of starting characters that Melee had, when presumably the total roster is going to be much higher, is a big one. But you made a very good case for the theory, so I don't think anyone can rule it out completely until we get an official announcement on the Dojo saying "Th... This is the starting roster, isn't it!?"

Boofer

Smash Ace
Ohh, thanks Arrow. I forgot about that one:

4. I still find it incredibly unlikely that Metaknight is a starter and not Kirby. If anything, it would make sense for kirby to fight Meta in SSE and THEN unlock him.

5. Box art... Why are some of the characters from the boxart not part of the starting roster? If the previous installments are any indication, everyone from the boxart should be a starter. That would make more sense.

FallenAngelPit

Smash Apprentice
awesome podcast guys, as usual. I both hate and love SMYN, as 5 sunday is when I usualy do my homework, so with SMYN an Smash Dash, its turning more into 9 :laugh:
but hey, SMYN<Smash Dash<ssb<me<everything<death<school :chuckle:

farewell:cool:

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'm open minded enough to think this theory as possible.
Even though it is pretty untraditional.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Such an awesome episode. Panda, shame on you for not knowing Michael Jordan's jersey number! :pAlso, your theory is cool, but I have a strong feeling that Kirby is gonna start no matter what. Whatever.

And I as well am skipping two days of school after Brawl comes out. 72 hours straight.

Firebert

Smash Ace
Such an awesome episode. Panda, shame on you for not knowing Michael Jordan's jersey number! :pAlso, your theory is cool, but I have a strong feeling that Kirby is gonna start no matter what. Whatever.

And I as well am skipping two days of school after Brawl comes out. 72 hours straight.
Awesome! 72 hours? I wish that my parents would let me get away with it!

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I'm tired of you guys harping on casual players for harping on no item competitive players. It's really annoying, and I rarely see cases of casuals complaining anymore.

And being a caual player myself I feel like I'm being yelled at for something I haven't even done. There have been only a few times were I have had items turned completely off, and the idea of going to tournaments doesn't interest me one bit. But I say that everyone is entitled to there own opinion, so I'm more than ok with people not using items.

Ever think of it the other way around? I can think of countless times(no cases that I can think of here) where I've been called a wimp or less of a smashfan just because I'm not a very competitive person.

So please just cut down on the lectures?

Boofer

Smash Ace
I wish there was a separate thread for this "Conspiracy Theoracy" of Panda's. I'm not buying it. I doubt anybody's going to want to talk about it in here.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I wish there was a separate thread for this "Conspiracy Theoracy" of Panda's. I'm not buying it. I doubt anybody's going to want to talk about it in here.
I've already been planning to make a thread if I have the time later tonight or sometime tomorrow. And I'll include my counterpoints to your points as well.

Back to studying!

Cless

Smash Champion
The only thing I could think of that might refute the conspiracy theoracy is that most of the 64 vets were starters in melee (Jigglypuff and Luigi being the exceptions, but they're more suited as unlockables), and they added some obvious choices for newcomers like Bowser, Zelda, and Peach, and the Ice Climbers were the wtf character. I would think that they would keep most of the vets in melee and add 4 or 5 newcomers like they did in the transition from 64 to melee. The conspiracy theoracy is completely plausible though.

RDK

Smash Hero
Yay, time to download the podcast.

And what's all this about Panda not knowing Michael Jordan's jersey number? For shame, Panda. For shame.

MarioBrother2

Smash Cadet
Great job Youko. I have listened to your podcast since Week 1, and it's amazing. I have on request: When Brawl comes out for Japanese, I want to be listening to SMYN but I don't want any spoilers if you guys hear any thing.If you don't care, it's OK(which will probaly happen).Again, great job on the podcast.

Top Bottom