• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

RDK

Smash Hero
are people still complaining about this? did you guys really think there would be a big update to make up for the fact the game wouldn't come out on Dec. 3rd?

Oh wait, we did! Remember the Sonic update? yeah, that was it.

Seriously, even though it was the North American release date, it was still JUST the NA release date. it wasn't the japanese, it wasn't the europeans, it was JUST North America, and so far we should know that a Japanese company would not update on a day important to the Americans.

the only reason i actually thought there would be a good update is because it was the beginning update for the month, which has been known to be good (Delfino Plaza, first new stage- June 1st, Ike-August 1st, Lucas-October 1st). but then i realized it's always the 1st, never the first update of the month (Pit's Descent-Sept. 3rd, first update of the month, but not on the first day)

so just...shut up about this. i'm sick of everyone nitpicking at everything because you think these guys hate us. and i'm even more sick when people try to pick a pattern or anything like that. there is no pattern, deal with it!

sorry to do this in your thread Youko, but i had to get it out. lookin forward to your episode this week
Well someone's never played Portal.... >_>

We were just joking around, Colb. No need to get your knickers in a knot.

raul

Smash Lord
In an attempt to stay on topic....

As far as the roundtable goes, I was entertained once again. There has not been an unenjoyable roundtable yet, and I hope one never comes in to existence.

It is actually very difficult for me to decide between Buzz and Blizzard. Both are worthy and very capable members for Show Me Your News. However, just because a decision is difficult, or "tough," does not mean a decision does not get made.

I feel Blizzard would be a fair choice for the future episode of Show Me Your News. I feel that Buzz is just as worthy, but I feel Blizzard gives the audience an oppurtunity to get an international perspective of Super Smash Brothers Brawl, rather than listening to the same old American concerns.

raul

Smash Lord
I'm just curious. Besides release dates, what concerns about the game are unique to America?
Hearing what other people in the U.K., Europe, Australia, etc., feel would be good characters for the game, stages, music, etc. Now this is not unique to Americans of course, but its interesting to get an outside perspective.

I realize now I did not phrase that correctly. Rather than "American concerns" I should have typed "American complaints." It has gotten to the point where the speculation is over flowing with stupidity and annoyance.

I believe that an international voice would be good to help with the discussion of various topics about the game. They could bring a new perspective or perhaps speak of things that we, as Americans, perhaps overlooked.

Do not take it personally, Buzz. I was not trying to take a way from what you do on the forum. I am not out to insult you or discredit you. In fact, I think you would actually be perfect for an epsiode of Show Me Your News, that perhaps does NOT focus on the Dojo Updates. I see that may take away from the point of the show, but perhaps after all the updates are discussed, you could join in with Youko, Samurai Panda, and whoever else, on a discussion of one of the various concerns or topics you have written about on your blog. You could provide some well needed logic and insight that may be helpful to other members of the forum who listen to Show Me Your News regularly. I hope you are not offended by my comments, for that was not their purpose. I also apologize for the use of the phrase "American Concerns" when I should have said "American Complaints." An example of an "American Complaint" might be the rumors of another release date delay, where as a international complaint might be the release date...period.

Perhaps an concern could be the use of certain characters in certain geographical regions. An example could be that Japan may have a Japanese only character, and other regions would not, and Europe might have a strictly European character (if there is such a thing) and other regions do not, etc. etc.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Whoa... I didn't mean it like that. Point taken. I was just curious as to what you were referring to since the game will be essentially identical in all nations. I wasn't offended that you would vote for Bli33ard. Um... thanks for the reply... ?

raul

Smash Lord
I got the vibe reading your post you were slightly offended. So I just didn't want you to think I disliked you or what you did for the forum. Thats all. Lol, sorry if I freaked you out.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I got the vibe reading your post you were slightly offended. So I just didn't want you to think I disliked you or what you did for the forum. Thats all. Lol, sorry if I freaked you out.
:laugh: Well, I tried to pad it with "I'm just curious" (hence, I just wanted you to elaborate; I was not disagreeing with you). I took no offense at all.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
you dont think that japan would have a character that every where else doesnt have, do you? that wuld be pretty crappy.
What do you mean? It sounds like that is what happened when Marth and Roy were in Melee. Brawl may do the same thing. :p

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Everyone would import if Japan had more characters.

RDK

Smash Hero
Would that really stop anyone though? Most people have the menus memorized.
True that. But you have to admit, online would be a million times more complicated because of the Japanese alphabet and usernames.

Or will you even be able to change the language to English in the Japanese version?

Yaya

Smash Champion
Where's Masashi when you need him?

He could totally answer that question.

Or Captain Jack.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Most likely they do have the option to change the language, if we have the option to change it to Japanese, they must have the option to change it to English. But for now, we can only wait fro someone to tell us.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I do remember reading that the Japanese version did not have an option for English language. Don't remember where I read that though.

RDK

Smash Hero
I do remember reading that the Japanese version did not have an option for English language. Don't remember where I read that though.
It would make sense. I mean why would the Japanese need an English version? It's not like it's their second language.

It's understandable that the American version would have a lot of different languages, as it's the most diverse.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Oh hellz no.

Looks like I'm not going through to the Roundtable, now. Ah well. I was against a heavyweight, what do you expect?

P.S. Thanks to those who voted for me =]

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm here for this week's episode and next week's, but not after that for a couple weeks.

Anyway, preview is posted.

Oh, might I add that this is a MUST-HEAR EPISODE.

The "SamuraiPanda Conspiracy Theoracy" will drop the bomb on you all...be warned...

Firebert

Smash Ace
I'm here for this week's episode and next week's, but not after that for a couple weeks.

The "SamuraiPanda Conspiracy Theoracy" will drop the bomb on you all...be warned...
Omg, I can't wait! This should be awesome!

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman

I hope it's not one of those conspiracy theories that makes people go all paranoid and board up their houses in preparation for a nuclear (or flame) war.

SMYN is the best way to end off a week.

EDIT: OMG POST #108! It's a sign!

Where's John Locke when you need him?

Boofer

Smash Ace
...It kinda sucks, what SamuraiPanda said about the Coro Coro thing. I hope he's wrong.

Top Bottom