• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Ya Gimps! Pit General Disc.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
i up tilt because it hits on frame 3. If they aren't ready to crouch cancel, it can be used to punish an attempted OOS option.

The other use is for high percentage combos, and certain percentages it leads to a regrab.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Lol oh I use it way too much. I like to try and be flashy when fighting spacies and when they try and firefox, I like to jump out right in front of them and mirror.

But when it comes to out of the ordinary uses, I like to ledgehop mirror sometimes just to be safe. Oh and I love to reflect enemies when they ledghop aeriel.

:phone:

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
I use down b against some recoveries but generally not that much

Divock

Smash Rookie
I tend to force myself to use it aggressively, as otherwise I won't naturally incorporate it into my game. Unfortunately I only find it working 5% of the time when it's not reflecting projectiles.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Lol I don't understand how people don't use this. I use it at least once a match, depending on the matchup of course. Mostly useful against Ike, Mario characters, Links, Wario, DK characters....

Maybe I should just list characters that the shield doesn't work well against.

Jiggs, tether recoveries, Zelda... and ROB. That's about it.

Oh and is anybody else having trouble reflecting Lucario's up b? It seems to just go right through the mirror shield.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you are right. I knew you could RAR and use arrows but in 2.5 i found the shield can do it as well....sweet!

Also, What are everyone's thoughts on Pit's 2.5 Up-B? I've heard everything ranging from it needs a nerf to I hate it lol.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Idk how somebody can hate it... I mean everything about it is better. Unless you hate it for being too good. But yeah. It's awesome.

Divock

Smash Rookie
The Up-B is fine.

I feel that percentage it can kill at works well given the risk and precision the move requires. You can't just sling it out there, but it is very reliable if you know the timing. It doesn't really link perfectly with Pit's moves, but it fits with his mobility marvelously.

Naughty Pixel

Smash Apprentice
In terms of recovery it seems much better than its predecessor.gives you plenty of horizontal mobility at its apex. Personally it seems easier to land the sweet shot k.o.which is great for me but not so much for my opponents. I kind of like it for poking at people on platforms in tech chase opportunities

Quaff

Smash Rookie
In terms of using the shield (down b) "offensively", is it best to reflect while you're moving, or still? How many frames does the flipping ability last for?

Naggy

Smash Cadet
NNID
OfficialFelon
Does pit's dair still have a spike hitbox like it did in 2.1? I can't seem to figure out where it is during the move.

BlinkIV

Avenger
It's a pretty strict timing at first for his D-air spike. But when you practice it a bit, it gets really easy to land. Also, for Pit's Down-B being used "offensively", it can be a good move to help not edgeguarded at times. I'm not sure how long the reflective property lasts on it, I think like 2-3 frames. But if you find yourself on the ledge, and know someone is gonna do a smash attack, or aerial, you can ledge-drop and jump up with his shield (timed correctly), and it'll reflect them the other way and give you a safe way onto the stage.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It's very helpful at times, but if you get obvious with it, gon get yo tail beat.
Well after using characters like Marth for so long I got use to holding my jump no matter what even if it meant taking a hit and DI'ing like I live on the East coast(I do). However with Pit having 23432 jump I've started DI/Jumping out of combos or even Up-B'ing out of them if it's safe. I try various things but if it's a situation where none of those choices will work then I bring out the shield. It's funny and seem to catch everyone by surprise when they get turned around suddenly.

BlinkIV

Avenger
To me, it's like this. They gave Pit a lot of combo potential, and a lot of ability to kill early, combo into kill moves from a grab, combo into gimps, has a good recovery game, and has a great gimp game too. But at the same time, if people play against him right, it can feel like Pit is just free, so with that being said. I do think he's top 8 material, but I'm still giving people time to figure out what Pit can really do, and his potential to be shown in tournament.

So, I'm still waiting to see what Pit's metagame is gonna look like, but I can guarantee you, Pit doesn't need to camp to be shown as a good character, it just adds to his overall gameplay, which is why I call him such a silly character sometimes. I wouldn't say they went overboard with him, they just gave him more tools than he needed.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
To me, it's like this. They gave Pit a lot of combo potential, and a lot of ability to kill early, combo into kill moves from a grab, combo into gimps, has a good recovery game, and has a great gimp game too. But at the same time, if people play against him right, it can feel like Pit is just free, so with that being said. I do think he's top 8 material, but I'm still giving people time to figure out what Pit can really do, and his potential to be shown in tournament.

So, I'm still waiting to see what Pit's metagame is gonna look like, but I can guarantee you, Pit doesn't need to camp to be shown as a good character, it just adds to his overall gameplay, which is why I call him such a silly character sometimes. I wouldn't say they went overboard with him, they just gave him more tools than he needed.
he's kinda always had good tools though. It's why I was drawn to him before brawl came out. It just so happens that he couldn't uses his tools as well in Brawl's physics is all.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Brawl Pit revolved around the ledge for the most part. Lol.
Yeah, Once I figured out that he no longer got his up-B back after being hit I was just...sad. So I Spammed Arrows and ran away and made the game not fun until everyone quit and went back to melee.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well yeah, then I started using MK and realized....I shouldn't be winning I wasn't that good at smash...and idk...I made everyone hate the game :D.

Divock

Smash Rookie
One of the aspects of my Pit game I've been noticing is I've been subconsciously working on aiming my arrows when my opponent is above me. One question I have is, as an uber noob to you guys, how do you tend to approach your enemies from below, do you use arrows to stun them from a far range, a closer range, or not at all and simply chase them by using Pit's great aerial mobility?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
One of the aspects of my Pit game I've been noticing is I've been subconsciously working on aiming my arrows when my opponent is above me. One question I have is, as an uber noob to you guys, how do you tend to approach your enemies from below, do you use arrows to stun them from a far range, a closer range, or not at all and simply chase them by using Pit's great aerial mobility?
It depends on the character you are playing against. If you are fighting a Falcon for example that is out of jumps and in the air then you can glide over and juggle him. Other characters who are a threat in the Air and/or have a great ability to control space and keep opposition from approaching then it's best that you approach them with Arrows and keep them in place until you can safely attack them or force a favorable trade.

Top Bottom