• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Sonic have been faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I think Sonic should be faster and his final smash should last longer and be more powerful and with the ablility to change between hyper sonic, darkspine sonic, dark sonic, and super sonic.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I think Sonic should be faster and his final smash should last longer and be more powerful and with the ablility to change between hyper sonic, darkspine sonic, dark sonic, and super sonic.
I reallyyyyy want to sig thisssss.

Making the mos tbroken final smash along with the landmasters even more broken? Lollll

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
When I first played as Sonic for the first time, I killed myself on walk-off ledges here and there.

But I agree on the notion that he gets faster in Smash bros. 4.

He needs to be able to clear Final Destination in less than .5 seconds, or it just wouldn't be justice.

Tenki

Smash Hero
roflmao @ sonicfanboy580

On a funny note, I was playing with Kojin on wifi the other day, and for some reason, he had forgotten he had Smashballs on.

ASC > SuperSonic transform is overpowered.
Side-B charge (bait) > shield cancel Transform is too good.

loollll

Napilopez

Smash Lord
When I first played as Sonic for the first time, I killed myself on walk-off ledges here and there.

But I agree on the notion that he gets faster in Smash bros. 4.

He needs to be able to clear Final Destination in less than .5 seconds, or it just wouldn't be justice.
Agreed. But spacing him online would be a PAIN. Even more so than it already is XD. But hopefully by then Nintendo will have implemented a better WFC system....

Napilopez

Smash Lord
roflmao @ sonicfanboy580

On a funny note, I was playing with Kojin on wifi the other day, and for some reason, he had forgotten he had Smashballs on.

ASC > SuperSonic transform is overpowered.
Side-B charge (bait) > shield cancel Transform is too good.

loollll
LOL @ tenki now discovering FFA Sonic ATs XD. I'm sooo gonna use that next time I play with smash balls on.

I can just imagine. ASC double hit>bair, to Transformation to immediate OH SNAP AIR CHASE death. XD

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Well...Sonic is fast enough running...if they wanna change the he runs...then they should make it like the real games and make him pick up some speed instead of just bursting out into a dashing frenzy...and they should also have his Items selectable for Noobs who like to play with Items...

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he should be faster all his attacks, especially the spin dash like you guys said I mean look at sonic adventure how fast he moves in spin dash. He should move about the speed of the bunny hood hat thing. Also his air game is fine in my opinion because sonic isn't a air type of character. He's freaking sonic the fastest. You know though like "Therealshadow" Page one Im not complaining. At least Sonic was in the game and we can work with what got.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
ASC to transformation = 0 to death combo.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
P.S. I went onto home run contest and sonic can run around 200m in 10 seconds (the result was 180m but the measurement does start til u get on the strip and sonic has to run off the platform first too.) so i rounded it to 20m/s. And for even numbers sake that is 72 km/h or about 45mph.
Captain falcon ran 115m in the same test. so Lets call it 125m/10 or 12.5/second which is about 28mph or 45kph.
so yer.. pointless testing is completed. infact i'll go do some more accurate tests and remove the falling off the platform error
the falcon boards knew this a while ago, but i dont blame you, nobody ever goes there
He should have been as fast as he is when you use the super sonic code.
He should be able to dash dance.

High priority on his specials.

And a secret counter while using the side taunt. >_>
this
yeah.. uhh honestly double the speed is just stupid.. he's fine as he is. if you get a bunny hood or curry he is like uncontrolable -_- you guys need to chill and just accept him for what he is...
Yeah. If you suck.
and this
True dat, Camalange, true dat...

He could probably travel faster than light if he wanted. :p
hes supposed to move at sonic speed at max. as in the speed of sound, some of his games have him use an attack where he breaks the sound barrier and everything around explodes from the following sonic boom
roflmao @ sonicfanboy580
I C WUT U DID THAR!!
ASC to transformation = 0 to death combo.
anything to transform=0 to death combo
i personally like to use it as a counter for when people try to make me drop it

EDIT
Chis is too good, he speaks trufax

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Well...Sonic is fast enough running...if they wanna change the he runs...then they should make it like the real games and make him pick up some speed instead of just bursting out into a dashing frenzy...and they should also have his Items selectable for Noobs who like to play with Items...
Well I thought they made the right decision, yet again Sonic is blazing fast if you haven't notice it captures his aspects half his games don't have a start up speed just spin dash it to a running aninmation. Now if you was just talking about running then I still disagree because if there going to want to make sonic fast they can't give him a start up speed. He would be starting slow like falcon and From what I see on videos Sonic players don't fully run all the time. So I think he's just find. Not nice to call those who like items noobs >_>. (Geez you guys are active, C.F board is basically the same thing over and over about how he sucks.)

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lol chis, right on the money.

One change to Sonic's moveset I would really like is just the ability to go from an SDR into a run and viceversa, like he could in the old games. I think if you tap spincharge only once, it should do this. A fully charged spin charge should have some sort of blast wave, or Sonic Boom lol. And finally, homing attack should be much quicker, and you should be able to land hits consecutively with it, like you could in SA2(minus the like infinite tracking abilities though, lolz.

Edit: Speed acceleration wouldn't make sense in SSB. It makes sense in sonic games for the purpose of gameplay, but thats it. In the TV shows you never saw sonic have slow acceleration.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
BOUNCE ATTACK!

LIGHT SPEED ATTACK!

DIG! oops...

CalebSitton

Smash Apprentice
if they were to make him faster and make him run across water.. he would be the weakest character and doing a "smash" maybe 5% a hit or some gay stuff like that... o-o
but...if they were to make his attacks just a bit faster... then i would be satisfied....also if they were to make his final smash last longer his attack would drastically drop to make him not too overpowered and equal to the rest of the game characters.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
i love you
We all love Memphis, sexually.

Why is this pathetically scrubby thread bumped and actually not locked?

You sillies.
Reported.

Infact, keep on spamming, I reported the Sonic Olimar thread about 24 hours ago and it's still not locked.
Mods :')

aeghrur

Smash Champion
if they were to make him faster and make him run across water.. he would be the weakest character and doing a "smash" maybe 5% a hit or some gay stuff like that... o-o
but...if they were to make his attacks just a bit faster... then i would be satisfied....also if they were to make his final smash last longer his attack would drastically drop to make him not too overpowered and equal to the rest of the game characters.
You obviously don't know about sonic...nor brawl for that matter and you play with smash balls on? o.O

Tenki

Smash Hero
You obviously don't know about sonic...nor brawl for that matter and you play with smash balls on? o.O
Hey, smashballs are cool.

The other day, I played against Kojin, and I did

ASC[double hit]>F-air > Super Sonic.

Also known as the

NOWI'LLSHOWYOUMYBARRELROLL combo

It can even kill Metaknight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom