• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should sing be buffed?

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
You'd think Sing would have some kind of hidden feature or technique to it. I mean, I've got a video of it spreading out, farther than normal, on the second pulse, but that just may be wishful thinking on my part.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Meh, I guess.
I still wouldn't use it most likely, unless it had super high priority and the person stayed asleep long enough to get an attack in.

Nicole

Smash Champion
it should just keep people asleep for a longer time. when you sing, put someone to sleep, and they wake up and hit you before you're done singing, it's pretty lame.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I meant canceling, meaning that you could either jump to stop the move, or shield to stop the move.

This would also work in the air.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well, the title was a tad misleading. You're wanting Sing to be buffed, and being able to cancel it mid-sing was your suggestion for a 'Puff buff. We just went from there.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
We can only use one perk to the move or it will just be broken.

1.) Double range
2.) One pulse
3.) Shorter
4.) Canceled

If it had one of these, (not double range) it will be an amazing move OoS.

The LEAST we can ask for is 2 pulses or a longer range.

Slashy

Smash Lord
It will be slightly broken canceled, Jigglypuff would be able to use it as a simple gimping strategy. We could try some tournaments with the code on and see how people treat it.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
The range should expand as far as anyone who can hear the song. ;[

But really, it should be able to work on characters in the air. And if it didn't have that stupid pulse thing...or if at least the first pulse was stronger, rather than having it the weakest and the third the strongest. :\

Veril

Frame Savant
It will be slightly broken canceled, Jigglypuff would be able to use it as a simple gimping strategy. We could try some tournaments with the code on and see how people treat it.
Sing does not work on airborne characters, it wouldn't ever become a viable gimp. Jiggs doesn't need any help gimping as it is.

Is this like a brawl+ related question BTW?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
The range should expand as far as anyone who can hear the song. ;[

But really, it should be able to work on characters in the air. And if it didn't have that stupid pulse thing...or if at least the first pulse was stronger, rather than having it the weakest and the third the strongest. :\
That would be TOO broken!

But it's a great idea.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Sing does not work on airborne characters, it wouldn't ever become a viable gimp. Jiggs doesn't need any help gimping as it is.

Is this like a brawl+ related question BTW?
...I really hope this isn't a Brawl+ related question. :(

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I would only would want sing(er, the pulses) to be faster and could put people to sleep mid-air. It already has slightly more range then rest so it could be used to set up rest in a situation where rest is out of range. Like say, you can't overlap them to rest but you were close enough to use sing.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I would only would want sing(er, the pulses) to be faster and could put people to sleep mid-air. It already has slightly more range then rest so it could be used to set up rest in a situation where rest is out of range. Like say, you can't overlap them to rest but you were close enough to use sing.
The move is broken if you make it do half the things we said.

The only thing it needs is to go fast enough to get a free smash. That is the closest it will ever be to better.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
idea 1
only first pulse, and you can charge it( briefly, not like ike or anything) for more range by inhaling.

That would be cool.

idea 2

after 45 seconds it gets super(and I mean crazy super) range.
this would be indicated by a small trail of notes like an aura from jigglypuff.

If you do it way to early, you spit out a note in the most adorable way possible. Doing nothing in game but making everyone who's watching say "awww..." in perfect unity.

if you do it within the 10-30 second mark, it's normal.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
idea 1
only first pulse, and you can charge it( briefly, not like ike or anything) for more range by inhaling.

That would be cool.

idea 2

after 45 seconds it gets super(and I mean crazy super) range.
this would be indicated by a small trail of notes like an aura from jigglypuff.

If you do it way to early, you spit out a note in the most adorable way possible. Doing nothing in game but making everyone who's watching say "awww..." in perfect unity.

if you do it within the 10-30 second mark, it's normal.
Best ideas I have ever heard.

I want this in the next smash. And the super sing would be epic, like roy's phyer. It would take damage on you, and explode. When you finish it, music notes follow you for 10 seconds.

And that sould be after 15 seconds or less. 45 is way too long.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
The inhaling idea is cool but that'd take foreeever to start up. Second idea is actually cool too.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Best ideas I have ever heard.

I want this in the next smash. And the super sing would be epic, like roy's phyer. It would take damage on you, and explode. When you finish it, music notes follow you for 10 seconds.

And that sould be after 15 seconds or less. 45 is way too long.
speaking of explosions

what if the epic sing doesn't even put them to sleep, but rather jigglypuff gets a guitar and the stage is plagued with stereotypical special effects from rock concerts and a two second excerpt from guitar hero, where the better you do, the more fire and awesome takes place, killing things harder.

although now I think I'm talking Final smash...

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
speaking of explosions

what if the epic sing doesn't even put them to sleep, but rather jigglypuff gets a guitar and the stage is plagued with stereotypical special effects from rock concerts and a two second excerpt from guitar hero, where the better you do, the more fire and awesome takes place, killing things harder.

although now I think I'm talking Final smash...
...That would kind of be like...a cool Final Smash. Like, the giant speakers that drop down have huge knockback and stuff. Omg. D:

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Don't bother buffing sing. It's a waste of code space, unless somehow you've added more lines.

Just improve the knockback of rest. It kills way to late for how punishable it is, and since it's hitbox is smaller than it should be, it's knockback should be higher than it was in melee. Sakurai and HAL did a terrible job when they said they were going to balance Brawl.

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
Get rid of it altogether and add another attack. Sing could instead be an awesome final smash that puts every1 to sleep(much like Peach's)

Uffe

Smash Hero
If Sing should be buffed, then Pokemon Trainer should have a lagless switch and Samus' attacks should have more knock back.

Top Bottom