• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
for the record jesiah does play in an MK infested area, in fact, in our last 3 tourneys, the first five places in the tourney, played MK at some point and he still beats most of them with snake. the guy who was winning with MK a while ago, jesiah whooped him so bad that he basically quit the tourney in the finals because he couldnt beat the snake camping. but than again, when he does lose as Snake he runs to MK in a heartbeat, and his Mk is nowhere near as good as his snake and he still wins with him. this is because he is basically a level above everyone else in our area, hes the only one that actually practices with the game, and hes is the only one that can do nuances things like consistently powersheilding and stuff like that. but the point remains that he only beats MKs because hes that much better than them as a player
Thanks bro. But there is one thing I want to clear up. I don't switch to Metaknight when I lose as Snake. No no no, you have it wrong. I switch to MK vs Pikachu on horrible counterpicks that I stand no chance on. If my Snake loses I counterpick the stage and use Snake. If I get counterpicked to say, Rainbow Cruise vs Pikachu, THEN I switch to Metaknight because I feel as though I can't move on that stage with Snake vs Pika's Pika jolts.

So I only switch to MK very rarely on counterpick stages. Probably 5% of my matches altogether in tourney. And it's not cuz my Snake loses, it's cuz MK does better vs Pika on Rainbow Cruise. Also, I don't win with MK vs Pika on those stages...I only win about 30% of the time.

Foxy

Smash Master
I sure hope this discussion isn't degenerating into a second ban discussion thread... we don't need it. Also, it increases the likelihood that this could be locked and it's a useful poll.

Keep on topic, folks.

Icntspll

Smash Rookie
I was curious xP.

Pro-ban alts:
Buffles
coolstorybro
Icntspll

Anti-ban alts:
morbidlyobssesed
poisonedkris

Also there were a CRAP-TON of late 08ers and people with post counts in the teens (quite a few with 0) that voted on this poll. I marked each person who was obviously new here (no posts/very low post/very recent join date) that voted and came out with 85 people. 40 on the pro-ban side and 45 on the anti-ban side, so it was about even surprisingly. Note that this is just obviously new people; there were many more who were borderline that really shouldn't have been voting on this.

I'm not an alt, I was linked to these forums from /v/
Don't start going crazy with blatant assumptions. Have a mod check my IP or something.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I actually have a high sarcasm detector on the internet.

And I know you were slightly joking, because there's just no way those two go close to even >_> Probably 60:40 at best.
Then go yell and complain at THEM! Geez! It's not our fault they think we're scary..... wait.... yes it is :laugh:

I think it's funny how all 3 of MetaKnight's Matchup threads put us in the even location... You would think that would be proof enough >_>

salaboB

Smash Champion
I'm not an alt, I was linked to these forums from /v/
Don't start going crazy with blatant assumptions. Have a mod check my IP or something.
If the goal is to see the general opinion of Smashboards about it, you're still not particularily relevent to the poll (Unless you plan to stick around and actually be a contributor)

Icntspll

Smash Rookie
If the goal is to see the general opinion of Smashboards about it, you're still not particularily relevent to the poll (Unless you plan to stick around and actually be a contributor)
I had no idea that everyone else who plays the game regularly didn't have a say in this, my bad. OP should probably have explicitly stated that newcomers should not vote, I might have listened. Hell, he didn't even imply it.

"Not sure? DO NOT VOTE. Only vote if you are absolutely sure which way you swing."

I'm absolutely sure.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
People throw around the term 'scrub' far too frivolously. Perhaps it would be prudent to be a tad more judicious with the word, lest individuals desire to be construed as elitist scumbags.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
No

eight Nos
ugh.. these are the type of arguments and people that are filling this poll with "no" votes.

Seriously all data shows that he should be banned. Fastest attacks, awesome recovery, tournament results,... is your head in the sand or something? Do you even ****ing play this game?

rehab

Smash Journeyman
ugh.. these are the type of arguments and people that are filling this poll with "no" votes.

Seriously all data shows that he should be banned. Fastest attacks, awesome recovery, tournament results,... is your head in the sand or something? Do you even ****ing play this game?
Hey. I've got an idea. Screw off.

I know why he's good, I really don't think it's enough to ban him, and voted based on that. Do I not have that level of authority here? Do I have to explain every little detail of why I voted he way I did? Do I have to go out and win CH3 to be able to vote on some internet poll about banning this character?

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
Of course you do. Otherwise you're a scrub.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
No, I just think this poll is a pretty innacurate picture of the current view on metaknight and arbitrarly referenced you because of your no 8 nos worthless post.

this is the internet and its a hot topic. calm down; people are going to get flamed.

Skler

Smash Master
Everyone who misuses Sirlin is showing their ignorance.

Go read the article again, the term "scrub" doesn't apply to a discussion about what the rules should be. Your opinion of it certainly doesn't make it true.
Saying "Metaknight is too good so let's ban him" makes you a scrub. Also, not everyone who says scrub is quoting Sirlin. Scrub has been used to describe people who whine about things in multiplayer games for a long time. Every time I say "That's Hot" am I quoting Paris Hilton?

How else should I describe somebody who wants to make tournaments more fair by banning a "cheap" character? It's either scrubs or bad kids, I don't really care which one I use.

There shouldn't even be a discussion on banning Metaknight, while he has no bad matchups he certainly doesn't have a huge advantage in all of them either. Fox wasn't banned in Melee even though he had no bad matchups. Why are (most) Brawl players so **** whiny? Ledge camping, Metaknight, D3's infinites, they want everything banned.

I might be elitest, but only because the people who want metaknight banned are usually the same ones who think camping is cheap and the CG infinites should be banned too. At least Melee has a community that understands you shouldn't ban something just because it's good.

When MLG sees this poll they'll just sit there shaking their heads thinking "Why the hell did we buy this site?"

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Lol thats true. Esp. people who dont KNOW HOW to fight metas are scrubs. If you dont know how to fight meta you should quit the game........

salaboB

Smash Champion
Saying "Metaknight is too good so let's ban him" makes you a scrub. Also, not everyone who says scrub is quoting Sirlin. Scrub has been used to describe people who whine about things in multiplayer games for a long time. Every time I say "That's Hot" am I quoting Paris Hilton?
I've never said that.

You're a scrub for calling names based on false reasons. (Edit: Doubly so for making up your own definition of scrub, you're not using it as Sirlin *or* its normal definition is)

Skler

Smash Master
Everyone who misuses Sirlin is showing their ignorance.

Go read the article again, the term "scrub" doesn't apply to a discussion about what the rules should be. Your opinion of it certainly doesn't make it true.

How else should I describe somebody who wants to make tournaments more fair by banning a "cheap" character? It's either scrubs or bad kids, I don't really care which one I use.

There shouldn't even be a discussion on banning Metaknight, while he has no bad matchups he certainly doesn't have a huge advantage in all of them either. Fox wasn't banned in Melee even though he had no bad matchups. Why are (most) Brawl players so **** whiny? Ledge camping, Metaknight, D3's infinites, they want everything banned.

I might be elitest, but only because the people who want metaknight banned are usually the same ones who think camping is cheap and the CG infinites should be banned too. At least Melee has a community that understands you shouldn't ban something just because it's good.

When MLG sees this poll they'll just sit there shaking their heads thinking "Why the hell did we buy this site?"
I'm reposting this because nobody is going to read it on the bottom of that page.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Hey, I've got an idea.
Don't critisice people for their opinions, be they yes or no.

As for myself...he needs a ban in the future (because in my opinion he will completely dominate the metagame and render most characters pointless to use in tournies (moreso than he already does :\)) so I voted yes.

Icntspll

Smash Rookie
Sakurai is probably laughing over how well his plan is working out right now. Oh, Sakurai.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
i quit i cant stand to argue with these people. These idiots make the brawl community dumb. Esp. since most of these people either 1. come from allisbrawl who only play on wifi or 2. are just dumb

Brawl FTL

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet
Hey, I've got an idea.
Don't critisice people for their opinions, be they yes or no.

As for myself...he needs a ban in the future (because in my opinion he will completely dominate the metagame and render most characters pointless to use in tournies (moreso than he already does :\)) so I voted yes.
If Meta Knights win every tourney, that means everyone would want to main him too, unless you know, he is defeated. :] (not sure if this is what you mean, but that is what I got out of it).

Yes I did read what you say, GO YES! :chuckle:

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Voted yes.
No, not because "he's uber cheap, blah blah blah"
So if he's finally banned everyone can shut the hell up about this whole debate.

Christ...

salaboB

Smash Champion
i quit i cant stand to argue with these people. These idiots make the brawl community dumb. Esp. since most of these people either 1. come from allisbrawl who only play on wifi or 2. are just dumb

Brawl FTL
Does this make you a scrub? You're quitting because you can't beat the yes-voters...

Skler's attitude says yes!

(Edit: I have nothing personal against either of you. However, if someone wishes to start applying insulting labels I am happy to apply them to everyone they can then be applied to)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
.......no but its dumb arguing with people who just wont realize that your all ****ing idiots. Like i made a thread on metas even/bad match ups(and yes snake counters meta) and people all called me scrubs until m2k said i was right and they were all dumb. I just hate how dumb the brawl community is.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Banned characters is stupid. If you can't fight them, I'm sorry, that's too bad. Also, Wolf and Pikachu are just as cheap. If MetaKnight is banned, why not delete them.

salaboB

Smash Champion
.......no but its dumb arguing with people who just wont realize that your all ****ing idiots. Like i made a thread on metas even/bad match ups(and yes snake counters meta) and people all called me scrubs until m2k said i was right and they were all dumb. I just hate how dumb the brawl community is.
Snake countering MK, M2K's opinion or not, has not been proven. The only examples I've seen so far are of someone far better with Snake than the opposing MK beating MK, and that's meaningless. It just means it's not 70:30 against Snake, not that Snake counters MK.
Banned characters is stupid. If you can't fight them, I'm sorry, that's too bad. Also, Wolf and Pikachu are just as cheap. If MetaKnight is banned, why not delete them.
Wolk and Pika are not the characters who might cause problems if MK is banned.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Heck, I just wanna ban him so that we have more viable options then "Mk vs Snake" or "MK vs MK" At least in Melee we had Capt Falcon, Fox, Marth, Falco, Shiek, and Peach, now, its either Snake, MK, or someone with so much skill they blow both out of the water. Of course with M2K being MK, no hope in hell of beating him unless your Azen.

Thats why I say ban him. More tourny diversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom