• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PCyph

Smash Apprentice
Restrictions as in:

Can't use MK twice in a row,

or can only use MK once a set.

Or no MK if you're leading the set.

Those are all easily enforceable. Why aren't options like this being considered? The reason I ask is because every time I've asked this I don't get an answer,

I either get a "NO IT HAS TO BE ALL OR NOTHING" which doesn't make any ****ing sense.

Or people tell me rules like this aren't enforceable, which they clearly are.

Woozle

Smash Journeyman
your very wrong. FD is MKs worst stage.
@ Supermodel

I'm impressed. If I had more time before work, I'd see if there were any holes you could fill to make it stronger but- My hat is off to you, sir. First fine work of debate i've seen in a good while.

@ Sagat

You do realize worst is ambiguous?

The worst flavor is skittles is Lemon. I still enjoy eating it, though.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Restrictions as in:

Those are all easily enforceable. Why aren't options like this being considered?
Because something like this just confirms he's too strong and needs to be banned.

Woozle

Smash Journeyman
Restrictions as in:

Those are all easily enforceable. Why aren't options like this being considered?
Because that's making a mockery of the players.

Why not just turn on handicap?

You can't beat metaknight? Are you handicapped?

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
If all the metaknights switch to snake, then everyone else can pick up DDD as a counter.

then the Snakes could pick up Pikachu (?) as a secondary, which would lead to some Game ans Watches popping up, and some other Pika counters...

But that would imply our goal is to encourage the counterpick system.
Thats assuming every other character has a good counter, which I really doubt. The best players will still dominant becaue they are the best. The issue of banning MK shouldn't have anything to do with that.

PCyph

Smash Apprentice
Because something like this just confirms he's too strong and needs to be banned.
No, it proves that every player MK player will have to use a different character from time to time, effectively ushering in diversity, advanced metagames, and more even matchups throughout a whole entire set.

Because that's making a mockery of the players.

Why not just turn on handicap?

You can't beat metaknight? Are you handicapped?
Well I'm arguing from the standpoint that he is broken, which is what this is all about.

Banning metaknight makes a mockery of the players,

but keeping him in with no means of control makes a mockery of competitive brawl.

Ravin

Smash Lord
No characters do. Because I main Samus ill point out that here only reallllly bad matchups is D3 and MK but because she can be infinited or has a huge learning curve, it discourages people from playing her. I mean really, how much do you all know about any of the low tier charters besides the fact they "suck?"

Close to nothing I assure you. But with most tournies having looked into or banning infinities or looking at the ban of MK, will increase a lot of understanding and closer look at CP's

Woozle

Smash Journeyman
Thats assuming every other character has a good counter, which I really doubt. The best players will still dominant becaue they are the best. The issue of banning MK shouldn't have anything to do with that.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167202 (G+W, Rob, Kirby)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174763 (Marth, Snake, Diddy)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192600 (Oli, Pika, Falco)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186736 (DDD, Snake)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175515 (DDD, Rob)

I think there might be some.

BOB SAGET

Smash Apprentice
If you listen to what they say, they will tell you a win is a win no matter how its won. Hell, Look at PLANKING.

They dont care how close it was. They want the win. That will tell you the mindset of most MK players. As long as they win, its for the money. Why care for the metagame? If i pick up MK, i already have an edge over characters, I just have to work on my Tech chasing, shield pressure, Minor AT's, recovery, and throw in a few mindgames, and ill go play a bunch of people till i understand most playstyles and reliease my aerials and tilts have priority over everything. When you have a sword out prioritize a fully charged shot when just about nothing else but a reflector can do. You tend to go O_o....
u r kind of right, a win is a win, but its not like he's creaming everyone. there's a big difference in hockey between 1-0 OT game and a 10-0 game. its shows how the winning team could be beat by the team it defeated. same with MK. and u got me angry when u said its easy maining MK. i main MK and u have no idea. sure u could cream lv9s if u never used MK in your life. but like other characters it takes a lot of practice to be good with a character. dont think its easy, i know its not cause i main MK.

Coney

Smash Master
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, uh, doesn't everyone? The only character that might be up for debate is Marth, and even they rate DDD as a counter 40:60. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone in the entire game who doesn't have at least one disadvantageous matchup, other than MK of course.

Not sided one way or another mind you, but that kind of defense is kinda silly. It's like saying "You can live longer if you DI." "THAT'S ASSUMING THERE IS DI."

PCyph

Smash Apprentice
u r kind of right, a win is a win, but its not like he's creaming everyone. there's a big difference in hockey between 1-0 OT game and a 10-0 game. its shows how the winning team could be beat by the team it defeated. same with MK. and u got me angry when u said its easy maining MK. i main MK and u have no idea. sure u could cream lv9s if u never used MK in your life. but like other characters it takes a lot of practice to be good with a character. dont think its easy, i know its not cause i main MK.
Or maybe you're just bad at the game and have trouble playing with any character?

SAkai

Smash Cadet
Ban a character seems that no one can beat it, or it is possible to beat MK, snake is top tier because he has a little advantage vs Mk.
The question should be ?
"Should M2K be banned from tournaments ? " :p xD
Seriously, it's crap to ban a character even if he has full match ups :p the person who said yes, they often have diffculties or are afraid of Mk :p

sorry for my crap english 8D

PCyph

Smash Apprentice
double posting reported. and lets just wait till genesis and see wat happens.

You're pathetic,

seriously man. Now I know you're not a master at MK because you obviously face lvl 9 cpus all day.

Who the hell would want to hang out with you?

Back on topic: I wish the community could somehow encourage more diverse character choices somehow.

I know it can't but, whatever.

BOB SAGET

Smash Apprentice
because he's a ban dodging troll account? I'm disappointed this account has lasted this long actually...
i expect an apology for u insulting me. im not a troll. u r more likely to be a troll then me. i come here and give my points. u come here and flame me. anyway, do u know if japan is considering banning MK aswell.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Wait till genisis and apex. Then all of the anti bans should make their move.

Seriously, I lead a group of anti bans for this cause, and this is what I say.

BOB SAGET

Smash Apprentice
@BOB SAGET:
Um, when was the last time you placed well in a tournament, or even went to a tournament?
ive never been to a tournamnet before. ill probably never go to a real life one because i simply dont have the time. ive entered 2 online tournamets. and ill see how that goes.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
ive never been to a tournamnet before. ill probably never go to a real life one because i simply dont have the time. ive entered 2 online tournamets. and ill see how that goes.
So you have ZERO competitive experience, and claim to be a MK "master"?

...seriously, GTFO.

BOB SAGET

Smash Apprentice
So you have ZERO competitive experience, and claim to be a MK "master"?

...seriously, GTFO.
your tournaments dont make a difference. i know how to play in tournament format i know the rules. ive played many great foes even though ive never been to a tournamnet. and please dont flame me. your just making yourself look bad.

PCyph

Smash Apprentice
And also what the hell is a "tournamnet"?

your tournaments dont make a difference. i know how to play in tournament format i know the rules. ive played many great foes even though ive never been to a tournamnet. and please dont flame me. your just making yourself look bad.
OH **** GUYS HE KNOWS THE RULES!

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Yes they do. Do you think people get good playing their scrubby friends? No.
You don't know **** about the competitive scene, or competitive Smash Bros. You have only played "great foes" on a scrubby casual level.
I'm not flaming you, I'm telling you the truth.

BOB SAGET

Smash Apprentice
Yes they do. Do you think people get good playing their scrubby friends? No.
You don't know **** about the competitive scene, or competitive Smash Bros. You have only played "great foes" on a scrubby casual level.
I'm not flaming you, I'm telling you the truth.
no my friends suck. i never play my friends to get better. ive fought really good foes online. people who have won tournamnets and some that r just plain good.

BOB SAGET

Smash Apprentice
Online games don't matter at all,

they hold no water to real life games.

Get good bro.

Also care to name some of these "good" players?
cant remember them all right now. theres arch knight, a guy named falco kid, he has an amazing falco. a guy named solo in brawl is very good. though ive gotten a lot better since then. wats wrong with online games. theres usually barely any lag.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Thats a joke right?

I play plenty of Hockey in the backyard whats the NHL?

Yo i know some kid who has a nice jump shot wanna go to some games and chill with Kobe and James? I mean its the same thing?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
LOL, barely any lag, haha.

You won't notice the lag until you've played offline against good players consistently.

Kid, you know nothing about competitive Brawl.

Things that work online don't work offline. And MK is not the best character on WiFi. Under lag, Snake and G&W are both better.

BOB SAGET

Smash Apprentice
Thats a joke right?

I play plenty of Hockey in the backyard whats the NHL?

Yo i know some kid who has a nice jump shot wanna go to some games and chill with Kobe and James? I mean its the same thing?
that comparison is wrong ive faced guys who r really good. its different then just facing lv9s. anyway, lol at u using hockey analogy. since im canadian i always watch the nhl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom