• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop Triple Laser SHTL

Codi

Smash Ace
Well yesterday i was playing brawl with my falco and vsing some computer cause i was mad bored and i ended up shooting 3 lasers at once from a short hop but it was kind of wierd how it happened. First i was high up in the air and when i came and hit the ground it gave me a wierd kind of lag and i instantly short hopped and shot lasers but this time 1 came out the second i jumped 1 came out at the highest point of my short hop and the 3rd was the silent laser

now i really dont no how i did this at all and no i dont have any videos it was like a 25 stock match and if you don't belive me thats not really my problem but i think if someone looked into this they could try and figure out how to do this. I would actually look for this but lately i've been way to busy to play brawl so if anyone else can figure it out that would be nice

well thats all i got to say just wanted to let people know about this so gl in finding it if you try to.

J4pu

Smash Champion
sounds like a perfectly buffered laser followed by 2 more in the SH, Fox can do this, it was in the most recent update of brawl techs in tactical. I'm gunna go out on a limb and say ppl aren't gunna get this one down with the timing being as strict as it is if it's possible. I'm sure someone would have found it by now if it was usable. But then again as people tend to say a lot "if it's humanly possible, somebody will master it".

J4pu

Smash Champion
How many people mastered Fox's SHDL in Melee?
i dont know really because i was a melee noob who never came on smashboards or anything like that (i could wave dash though :) )
and i imagine this SHTL for Falco would be even more useful than Fox's SHDL in melee since it would create one insane wall of lasers (better because fox's don't stun)

Codi

Smash Ace
no it came from a big jump and where i landed it gave a lag then i shot a laser tht was midway of the SH then a laser at the top and then a silent laser at the end

J4pu

Smash Champion
no it came from a big jump and where i landed it gave a lag then i shot a laser tht was midway of the SH then a laser at the top and then a silent laser at the end
...?
Please re-explain without mentioning anything that happened before the jump with 3 lasers
it was a SH with 3 lasers right? cuz that just confused me

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think he's saying before he landed he shot a laser and it was lagless so he went into a SHDL

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
sounds like a perfectly buffered laser followed by 2 more in the SH, Fox can do this, it was in the most recent update of brawl techs in tactical. I'm gunna go out on a limb and say ppl aren't gunna get this one down with the timing being as strict as it is if it's possible. I'm sure someone would have found it by now if it was usable. But then again as people tend to say a lot "if it's humanly possible, somebody will master it".
The thread should have ended at this. He explained this perfectly because i'm sure that this was exactly what happened.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I never knew this. Interesting.

It's even more interesting that you neglect this as it is too difficult to master for a human. Then what if we find that the shine trips at "X" exact frame, is it then too difficult to pulled off in non-inhuman timing?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Fox's SHDL was very easy if you were willing to practice it. There are many many players who are able to do it to a great degree of consistency. Even harder was JC shines with Fox. Fewer people can do those.

Airborne

Smash Lord
hmm... sounds interesting... i dont see how i could do anything with it though..makes me question the max speed of SHLing with any number of shots though... as if there is a way to make it a triple wall instead of a risky double...

J4pu

Smash Champion
I tried this for quite a while with my fingers in the easiest possible way to do it (use left hand to tap jump, then spammed B as fast as i could with right hand index finger) and I didn't get it a single time so now I'm thinking: Video or didn't happen.

Codi

Smash Ace
I tried this for quite a while with my fingers in the easiest possible way to do it (use left hand to tap jump, then spammed B as fast as i could with right hand index finger) and I didn't get it a single time so now I'm thinking: Video or didn't happen.
ok now i should prob explain to u a little better that it wasn't about the short hop it was about the lag from a higher jump then i was able to do this

better put....i high jumped landed got a strange lag from this i think i hit my down air when i landed giving me the lag then i jumped and shot 3 lasers making me SHTL if all u were doing is short hopping and trying to hit it as fast as u possibly can your most likely not gonna get it...

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Proof or didn't happen. Falco players have been hitting jump plus the B button since the beginning of brawl and nobody else has done it. You were probably just confused about what you saw.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Only way I can see it happening is if you were on a slope moving downhill so the SH lasted longer than usual, because it is pretty close, I was able to get my first laser out just a tad above mid height of the SH, but I don't think it's possible on flat ground.

Codi

Smash Ace
final destination and since so many ppl r saying its not true ill have a vid of me doing it soon enough...

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like it could have been some kind of Infinite Second Jump Renewal thing causing it, but I'm guessing j4pu got it right.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking he hit a silent laser than jumped into a shdl right after it. If done fast enough it would definitely cause a pretty amazing wall of Lasers.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Sounds like it could have been some kind of Infinite Second Jump Renewal thing causing it, but I'm guessing j4pu got it right.
At first I thought oh dang this might be right since if you do the 2nd jump renewal you start from a little above the ground, but then I realized you can't SH your 2nd jump so this can't be it.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Lol ok we wont see a video so we mise will let this thread die

If we do... it's something totally different then what he's describing or what he's tricked us into thinking

BsdKid4ever

Smash Cadet
I think he's really a MK who wanted us to waste our time with this made-up technique and make the entire falco population collapse into turmoil trying desperately to do this technique because if we could,
MK can kiss his #1 tier spot good-bye.

In other, shorter, words, here's my conspiracy theory:
Traitor! Imposter! Evil Plan! Chaos! Destruction! Bread!

Any questions?

J4pu

Smash Champion
I think he's really a MK who wanted us to waste our time with this made-up technique and make the entire falco population collapse into turmoil trying desperately to do this technique because if we could,
MK can kiss his #1 tier spot good-bye.

In other, shorter, words, here's my conspiracy theory:
Traitor! Imposter! Evil Plan! Chaos! Destruction! Bread!

Any questions?

Yes, why did you bumb this thread? it was well on its way to being out of sight and out of mind.
And before I get asked the same question, it was already the first non-stickied thread in the Falco boards, that said, let it die now pl0x

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Ok from what I understand about this is:

He was high in the air after a full jump or something

As he landed he buffered a jump with a laser that was mid way through the SH

at the top he shot another laser followed by a silent laser

If this is correct I doubt its of us. If you didnt have to jump first and then buffer to do this then I could see application but because you have to jump before you can SH then I cant see much application except for a "trick shot"-esque move

Codi

Smash Ace
i've been trying to reget this forever now...i really can't get it..=\ i'll still try just the last 4 days of me trying it got rly boring and i'm assuming i hit more buttons then i thouhgt i did to actually land this trick so....sorry to everyone but i rly doubt theres gonna be a video up any time soon if someone else gets it and figures out the buttons give me a msg ill keep posting if this thread doesn't die

Top Bottom