• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shining Force II Mafia || Game Over! Who lived happily ever after?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok: guess no one at all can take any sort of jokes. Nevermind then.

And I didn't think I was giving her alignment away at all. I could have easily been talking to her as a scum-mate. My bad.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
We joke here at dGames. Trust me we joke a lot. Join the skype call sometime.

We don't joke about cheating. You have been.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Huh? I'm not joking about cheating. I'm joking that Gova never showed up to a different game.

I'm serious that I didn't know what was and wasn't acceptable and that it was very unclear. That wasn't a joke. Talking to Gova however was supposed to be.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Well Kuz you should of seen that the result of that game basically came down to a coinflip on Town's part. But whatever, this game isn't TWEWY.

I'm not holding myself responsible for the rules being unclear. I did what I did and it made me lol, changed it when I had to. If you didn't want me saying anything at all it shouldn't have been included as an option to speak once. Dead serious.
I understand you're new, but you're seriously missing the point.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Ok. From here on out you know never to reverence ongoing games or say anything of content in a game once you've been killed.

We coo' just don't do anymore.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
See: this is what irks me. People blow up on me for rules I can't interpret. I had this whole convo with Raziek about what I thought was a harmless post already, and it eats me up. I saw Zen's death post talking about Kuz and went "Oh ok, I can give someone a little 'cya lol'" and I did. It didn't reveal alignment, and it wasn't supposed to be malicious. Then later people also think attempting to merely speak to Gova is also too far. I can't read minds, I have no way to know that simply admitting that a player was once signed up for a slot in a game is mission critical information.

I'm sorry I thought my post was cool when it wasn't. I'm not however sorry for the fun I attempted to bring to our lives by being amiable in death.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Shout outssss

Set Up

I love simple town v mafia setups! <3

This is interesting! (the red herring paragraph) I will keep this in mind. For modding and playing. ;o

Lol at silencing self scum. :p

My play:

I hate being scum. Period. Not because I can't play scum well. I'm sure I could if i put that much effort into it. But, my problem is that I'm very very very paranoid. I am very guilty. VERY. Like everytime I think about catching up... "i'm scum ;-; "... You might wonder why I did well in my newb. Well for one, Sephy lined up the lynches for me. <3 I was able to go through because of him. but at that time, I wasn't aware of 'bussing' 'distancing' or 'connections'. The only kinds of conecctions I did know was those that were in my favor, such as trying to take down a town player (such as Terywj) and buddying (Terywj again). I always ignored Seph, and I was hoping I never had to talk about him. Luckily it never came to that. And then town destroyed it self, and handed me the game. Sorry Vandy... <3 Also, because of the way you let me go, I don't let newbs go. So I did learn from ya. : D

Now I do know about all that stuff. And I try to find a way how to deal with it. Really, the only way I'd be able to enjoy playing as scum if because of my scum mates. So talk to me damn it. I love talking. and theorizing. etc etc. And comfort me. <3

So. I had low motivation to actually catch up. As town, I would have pushed on Swiss and Bleck. Swiss because his last gambit was forced. I finally did the catch up, which was pretty bad. I just went with it. There was a plan of course. I was to go down as a town credit to gordy, but sadly he didn't get what he should have gotten. D: < It's kool though. I was glad to have been lynched because it lifted a weight off my shoulders. Of course, I feel bad that I didn't play as well as I could have, but I'll use this as an opportunity to GROWWWWWW INTO... A BEAN STOCK.

Also I learned something. My playstyle really hurts my scumplay. Yeah. I go all out as town. But then I have to not go all out as scum... Even so, I don't care. Because I'd still be dreading being scum. (Meaning I wouldn't change my play just to make my scum play better) I'll just bare with it and do what I can for my team. In the end, it's for my team. I won't leave you to die, I promise.

Now onto individual players:

Gorf: Sorry about my talk about needing space. Anyways, I saw you as pretty obv scummy even from the outside of the game. This was why I wanted to bus you. Even so, I trusted you because you were right that I had no experience in being scum (besides mah newb) and I replaced in late and didn't want to mess with your PLANZZZZZ. Good stuff though man. I was hoping you'd somehow get out of it. xDDD Thanks for being my buddy. <3 If there was anything you think I shouldn't have done etc etc, please let me know.

Sorry to hear J didn't have enough time or nothing.

Swiss: You did well. I obviously assumed you may have been gambitting me. But honestly I went LOL SWISS HAS ME AS TOWN so. (cuz you always have me as town so i dunno... cuz i'm always town ofc) Good stuff dude. I also assumed you didn't think I was scum just from my 'not claiming char' thing. I think you just said that see if I would try to defend myself over something so little. I think Ryker showed that my content was pretty bad and scummy. ALSO. Sometimes you made jokes. And I wanted to respond. But I couldn't. Also we're still bro's right? I only posted cuz you yelled at me and it made me laugh! And I was in a rush. ;o

Ryker: Good play. You let Swiss go in the direction he wanted and you did your thing else where. I liked that. Question. You say you let Swiss do his thing until D4. What made you get a town read on Swiss by then? I just want to see how you get a read on him... Also did you have any doubts of him at all? (I know he lynched scum at least twice, but I wouldn't think this would happen all da time amiritie? or amirong?)

Red Ryu: Good stuff. You also seemed pretty scummy D1. I would have used you as a scumpick if you hadn't already claimed. Sheesh. ;o Otherwise you did well.

Rockin: Hi. I didn't really see much from you, I kinda rushed stuff during D1 etc etc. I might have used ya as a scumpick too but I had no idea where to go. :o

Dabuz, Felipe, Orbo: EY GET BETTER GAIZ. ALthough for some reason I had some gut town read on Felipe. It's like that I DONT GIVE A **** attitude that he had. I liked that. Plus the Samus Avi.

Jdietz: Good **** mah man. I honestly thought you were newb town before replacing in. I see you went the way of being confused and honest, good way. But sadly Swiss didn't think so. His last gambit got ya lol. I felt he might have been scum with you tho tbh cuz of that gambit. Like he REALLY wanted your lynch.

No Lynch: Honestly I thought you were scum when you defended JD so hard. But I sympathized because I had him as newb town as well. So eh. This is outside pov btw.

th3kuzinator: Don't remember what you said or did. But I do remember you were being passive. Good stuff in drawing the nk.

Ranmaru, Mafia Goon, Lynched Day 2. Flail more.

July: Good stuff. You had Gorf pinned. You let RR go tho. I know you got sick and then had vaca. So it's all good. Although, you backed down on your RR read because of his meta changing or something like that. I didn't like that. Scum can change their meta/actions to please you, therefore getting a better read. Don't back down on your reads. : D I know you can lynch someone if you really put your heart into it. But I wouldn't blame you for not being motivated. It's koo. You did well hun. <3

Swiss, did you really think I was scum for not claiming the char? Be honest. :bee:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vandy, thanks for letting me replace man. Deff in for any game you host. : D

@JD: Don't worry about it. Just try to understand why and it'll be fine. ;o

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh wait, I think I get it now. You didn't want me talking to Gova because technically speaking he still has a slot even though Xonar replaced. Gotcha. I was just trying to make fun chit-chat and jest at his no-show since he was coming down on my n00bness hard :(

Sorry again. See: this is the kind of stuff I don't intend to do that people yell at me for. I hate it. I'm just trying to be a nice person.

@Dabuz: Thanks lol. I try my best.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
See: this is what irks me. People blow up on me for rules I can't interpret. I had this whole convo with Raziek about what I thought was a harmless post already, and it eats me up. I saw Zen's death post talking about Kuz and went "Oh ok, I can give someone a little 'cya lol'" and I did. It didn't reveal alignment, and it wasn't supposed to be malicious. Then later people also think attempting to merely speak to Gova is also too far. I can't read minds, I have no way to know that simply admitting that a player was once signed up for a slot in a game is mission critical information.

I'm sorry I thought my post was cool when it wasn't. I'm not however sorry for the fun I attempted to bring to our lives by being amiable in death.
Zen never made a death post talking to Kuz. Soup was talking to Zen who is the same slot as him since they were a hydra.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah. MM was before my time lol. And I never played in Ragnarok. ;o

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zen never made a death post talking to Kuz. Soup was talking to Zen who is the same slot as him since they were a hydra.
Point was: I saw names and figured it would be fine. It wasn't. And I'm sorry but I'm also mad that the rules weren't way more specific since this was the case and it gave us all grief.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
This is quite literally the first time it's ever happened iirc lol. No big deal though, it was fixed before it was a problem.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Point was: I saw names and figured it would be fine. It wasn't. And I'm sorry but I'm also mad that the rules weren't way more specific since this was the case and it gave us all grief.
It's just such a common sense thing I don't see how you misinterpreted it lol.

The point of the rule is that you're not allowed to talk after you die, apart from 1 optional "Go Faction!" post. I could of said "No posting at all", but people would probably still do Bah posts anyway, because it can be fun.

It doesn't matter though, just understand for next time.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's just such a common sense thing I don't see how you misinterpreted it lol.

The point of the rule is that you're not allowed to talk after you die, apart from 1 optional "Go Faction!" post. I could of said "No posting at all", but people would probably still do Bah posts anyway, because it can be fun.

It doesn't matter though, just understand for next time.
No, I mean you have to directly tell me that I can only literally only post "Bah go scum" if that's what the rule is going to be. Otherwise I'm going to post a link to the Joker saying "hi" too to be a fun guy and Raziek is going to come after me.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
This game was so freaking tough and i was hoping too much for Ruy to be a JOATindy. I was legit planning on walling somebody Day by freakin Day in order to win had i survived... Thatd have been hell. My game plan was to look so kawaii uguu on a reread. But meh... Ya win some ya lose some, at least i wasnt lynched :troll:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah I wasn't lol. And I have a whole list of games on my mafiawiki thingy. (Although I still have to update)

So I do remember the games I was in. : D I should be more organized....

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
No, I mean you have to directly tell me that I can only literally only post "Bah go scum" if that's what the rule is going to be. Otherwise I'm going to post a link to the Joker saying "hi" too to be a fun guy and Raziek is going to come after me.
You're allowed to do that.

But you indirectly implied July was not on your scum team because of what you said to her which is against the rules.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
3. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died you may no longer post in the thread.

That's the rule, however there is an exception:

You are allowed one "Bah, go Town/Scum" post.

If you don't know what a "Bah, go Town/Scum" is, you should of asked. Posting a link to the Joker might be funny, but it's not a "Bah, go Town/Scum" post

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm. Maybe it would be better to be much stricter with that rule when you allow people with little to no experience in that game.

I feel as if people with more experience wouldn't cross that boundary, because they know why they shouldn't etc etc.

And I know I do. I stay in the boundary of not giving out info as if I were still in the game, but I do say things like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo and just some joke, because it's fun.

Good thing to note.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're allowed to do that.

But you indirectly implied July was not on your scum team because of what you said to her which is against the rules.
WIFOM! WIFOM EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
(note: this is me joking. I honestly feel like I have to do this now.)

Alright. Well that wasn't intended one bit. I assumed people wouldn't care since I could have easily been talking to a scum partner in the same way.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
WIFOM! WIFOM EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
(note: this is me joking. I honestly feel like I have to do this now.)

Alright. Well that wasn't intended one bit. I assumed people wouldn't care since I could have easily been talking to a scum partner in the same way.
That rule is in place to prevent abuse. If you had instead said something along the lines of "sorry I failed you July" everyone would think she is mafia and you basically screwed over her chance to play in the game.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also fwiw I still don't know exactly what you posted dietz :p
I literally posted.

"July will never see me as a baby seal again lol"

The end.

This is why I'm mad. Because I'm taking so much heat for something that the rules never spoke of. Don't give me a free pass to speak if you don't like what I might say in jest and constrew as "bah" if it's going to be this big of a deal. I'm not taking the full blame for a rule that didn't specify what was and wasn't a "bah" post if I aimed to follow it and fell short.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
The rules are very clear lol. The only thing you're allowed to say is in quotes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yo, don't be mad man. This game is about honor. Some of the things are done on a honor code. Also Gova is scum.

Just vote him. ;o

You'll understand bro. : D

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually am mad lol. Because I'm STILL getting mixed messages from Gova, who implies that everyone in the thread already broke the rule and I was the only one who anyone cared about.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Argh, I knew a July lynch was stupid, but meh, town won.

Good ****s everyone.

I guess I'm alright with Swiss taking MVP.

July _it was nice playing with you. I always did enjoy reading your posts. I do not understand why some others hate reading that 'wall,' especially since half of the players played against the vets before (who would posts walls of information, especially EE. ...oh god, some of his posts can be novels if he really gets into it. LOL)

No Lynch - I wanted to believe you were town, but your massive defense on Jdietz was starting to make me weary. Dude, you even lied about being a LIE DETECTOR. Not. Cool. Don't ever do that again D:<

It's nice to play in a game where I don't get lynched for a retarted reason. LOL

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I was kinda ****ty this game. I didn't really think Jdietz was completely scum, but the n00b card was pissing me off (not to mention I wanted to lynch him for info and nothing more). I didn't really think DH was scum cause....I dunno, I didn't really see anything scummy. I saw Bleck as 'suspicious' then scummy.

Top Bottom