• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheiks reverse chain jab lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
So I had a Science test not to long ago and one of the question had to deal with chains dangled on a table and weights put on them. (It was a comparison type thing.)
Then it hit me "CHAINS ON A LEDGE!!!!"
I knew that chain jab locked, so I experimented. This is what I found:
Sheik can do a jab lock like Link, except with a reverse Chain. "How easy is it to get a reverse chain on someone?" A: as easy as a Bair
Here is the combo:
the foe is standing at the edge shielding> Bair/Fair/Uair/Nair> (you DI away from the platform)> deploy chain right before you hit the ground> jab lock to the ledge
There is a rythym to this. If you just flail it around it was make them stand up (they wont be in a much better position though, but they can get knocked foward)
ps When you finish they get knocked over the edge.
pss DON'T HIT THEM WITH THE TIP!!! It can possibly end the jab lock.
(BTW.. I got 130% on a ROB by doing this.)

Here is something for ROB BTW:
f-tilt> footstool> deploy chain> reverse jab lock

When doing this I noticed something really really really awesome. "The Chains tip forces a get up."
It doesn't do it everytime, so I need to figure out how to get it to work everytime (find the hit box). Knowing this it fxes the Saltus:
f-tilt> footstool> deploy chain> swing it below you to force a get up> you land and draw it back in while they get up> you f-tilt once they wake> repeat

Oh, and I found this too:
attack the shield on a platform from the ground> deploy chain at the ledge> jab lock by flailing the chain under you> hit with the tip to force get up> drop through DACUS their wake/Needle glide> ???
(This is a KO combo.)

Well... I'll see what else life throws at me to make me think up of a combo. lol

Judo777

Smash Master
Most good players don't let themselves bounce off the ground when they get pushed off the ledge. They generally do an aerial in order to cancel the falling animation and they will likely swat u when u turn around to back chain. Good players will probably hit u when when you try this even if by accident.

saviorslegacy

Most good players don't let themselves bounce off the ground when they get pushed off the ledge. They generally do an aerial in order to cancel the falling animation and they will likely swat u when u turn around to back chain. Good players will probably hit u when when you try this even if by accident.
Then good players defy the game.
You CAN'T do anything if knocked off when shielding.
I recently found out that if you do get hit and sent into a tumble when you haven't shielded then you can get out.
You are confusing the two.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Then good players defy the game.
You CAN'T do anything if knocked off when shielding.
I recently found out that if you do get hit and sent into a tumble when you haven't shielded then you can get out.
You are confusing the two.
Source, please.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Didn't you leave already?

Back for a few days and already over 5 useless combos that don't work and don't have credibility.

I thought maybe you learned the lesson.

*waits for the bus*

saviorslegacy

Source, please.
use your head or the search bar
Didn't you leave already?

Back for a few days and already over 5 useless combos that don't work and don't have credibility.

I thought maybe you learned the lesson.

*waits for the bus*
I gave up SSBB. In a month I have played like a total of 6 matches.
What I done was research. I adore looking for new stuff in the game, it's what makes it fun.

What lesson? Are you implying that I have made grave errors in trying to advance the meta game?
If so then there is no lesson to be learned. If you got a problem with it you can leave.

If you find them useless state how useless they are please. Tell everyone the mechanics that make them not work.

Bottom line is: "We will never get along." Fighting will only prove that we have nothing better to do in our lives. So lets critique the combo's.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah okay, never mind then. I might've actually considered messing around with this but I guess not.

Judo777

Smash Master
my bad dude your right you cant do anything if u get knocked off the platform when u shield. But i still think its far too situational. I normally never see good players shield on platforms because u can get shield stabbed through the bottom.

saviorslegacy

Yeah okay, never mind then. I might've actually considered messing around with this but I guess not.
Your loss....
my bad dude your right you cant do anything if u get knocked off the platform when u shield. But i still think its far too situational. I normally never see good players shield on platforms because u can get shield stabbed through the bottom.
tis okay
You can put people on platforms on purpose. You can then pressure with auto canceled Uairs, that's about it though. They can jump out of this trick, but everyone once and a while that instinct to shield comes in handy... for the attacker. Also the fact tha these combo's almost never happen also gives you brownie points.
In other words... you just created the situation.
Their mistake= one stock missing. If you get it on them expect to almost never get it on them again. Cuz they will be afraid of it.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Any chance you could maybe put this in a vid? It would make it so much easier for me to see the capabilities of what you're talking about. I think I might be doing it wrong.

saviorslegacy

Any chance you could maybe put this in a vid? It would make it so much easier for me to see the capabilities of what you're talking about. I think I might be doing it wrong.
uhhhh... I guess I can put one together......

ps What part are you having trouble with?

:EDIT: After messing around with the chain I found this. "IT IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO FORCE A GET UP!!!!" IDK why it doesn't do it every time, maybe the hit box is just that small, or they have to take so much damage first or whatever, All I know is that since it is so hard to get it to happen it is impractical.

saviorslegacy

Just do more thorough testing and bring a video
I don't have the time. I have work here in a bit, a date, a book to write, a study group to lead and school to do. I have tested what little bit I am willing to test. I am making a vid on the reverse chain lock though.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
It makes sense, there is no garunty that you'll get your opponent to fall though...

everyone can test it thier selves.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Okay, reading through, I have a few questions.

How does footstool lock into a chain? There is more than enough time to get out of the way after a footstool. fastfall B-air JUST makes it before they can get up, but to deploy a chain it would take about 3 times as long as a FF b-air.

I have no idea what you mean by "jab lock" and "reverse chain". You seem to be interchanging them as if they're the same thing.

Jab lock means A, A, down, A, A, down, etc...
Reverse chain... well, that doesn't mean anyhting. I assume you mean reverse chainlock.

If you do, b-air does not combo into chainlock. There is no way this is possible. I have tried. Even sandbags have a chance of getting out of it. It takes more than 50 frames to get the chain into the right position for a reverse chainlock ever AFTER it's been deployed.

I'm not sure that the chains tip forces a get up, but if it does, you seem to be compeltely ignoring the fact that it has quite high knockback, relatively speaking, and that means that it can be tech rolled. By the time you release the chain and do the DACUS, again I'm sure they could get out of the way, or at the very least, do a get-up attack to counter DACUS.

So here we are, once again. We have another theoretical combo that works on everyone, theoretically, based on theoretical "facts" and assumptions (bair combos to chain, chain combos to DACUS, chain tip forces get up, chain tip forces get up that combos into DACUS, etc...) and here you are, once again, not being able to prove it and unwilling to test it. If you're not willing to put in the effort, I really don't see why anyone should be willing to care.

For once, saviors, just once, I'd like to see you try to prove ONE of the combos you come up with.

I'm sure I'll be getting a half-***** response that beats around the bush and will ultimately take us nowhere.

saviorslegacy

Okay, reading through, I have a few questions.

How does footstool lock into a chain? There is more than enough time to get out of the way after a footstool. fastfall B-air JUST makes it before they can get up, but to deploy a chain it would take about 3 times as long as a FF b-air.
The chain can reach under you. The idea was to force a get up.

I have no idea what you mean by "jab lock" and "reverse chain". You seem to be interchanging them as if they're the same thing.
I mean knocking them into you with the chain (from behind). The chain jab locks.

Jab lock means A, A, down, A, A, down, etc...
Reverse chain... well, that doesn't mean anyhting. I assume you mean reverse chainlock.
No, that is a jab cancel. A jab lock is where you force them to hump the ground.
You are correct.

If you do, b-air does not combo into chainlock. There is no way this is possible. I have tried. Even sandbags have a chance of getting out of it. It takes more than 50 frames to get the chain into the right position for a reverse chainlock ever AFTER it's been deployed.
I never said "jab lock with Bair and then chain". I said you could jab lock a ROB out of a f-tilt footstool.

I'm not sure that the chains tip forces a get up, but if it does, you seem to be compeltely ignoring the fact that it has quite high knockback, relatively speaking, and that means that it can be tech rolled. By the time you release the chain and do the DACUS, again I'm sure they could get out of the way, or at the very least, do a get-up attack to counter DACUS.
Okay... here is the thing "hit a foe with Squirtles f-tilt when they are on their back at 999%". Now hit them with it while they are standing. Compare the knock back.
You cannot tech roll a jab lock.

So here we are, once again. We have another theoretical combo that works on everyone, theoretically, based on theoretical "facts" and assumptions (bair combos to chain, chain combos to DACUS, chain tip forces get up, chain tip forces get up that combos into DACUS, etc...) and here you are, once again, not being able to prove it and unwilling to test it. If you're not willing to put in the effort, I really don't see why anyone should be willing to care.
I have tested it and you need to research Sheiks jab locks or jab locks period.
I have tested it further, look below.

For once, saviors, just once, I'd like to see you try to prove ONE of the combos you come up with.
Saltus on ROB is more than 100% legit. It also works on 5 others. Swan works until they DI up enough to get out of it (the f-tilt kinda sucks them in). My f-tilt> footstool> needle jab lock repeat work on ROB. My f-tilt> DSmash (at a about 13% on MK)> Needle's> Dash Attack works if they miss the tech and I have performed it 3 times now. Last but not least. Platform knock off> chain works.

I'm sure I'll be getting a half-***** response that beats around the bush and will ultimately take us nowhere.
answered in red
BTW... that was as half ***** as your atempt to try and make a fool of me.

BTW.. I have researched the chain force get up further and found this:
It was not the chain tip that forced the get up. It only appeared to be since the foe is forced to get up after so many jab locks. It seemed to be the tip since it would knock them away and they would get up. You have to be careful though. You can attack them out of this and they just stand up right away.
Since I now know this I believe the following might work:
knock a foe off of a platform and cause a tumble> chain jcb lock> force a get up> turn around> chain> reverse chain lock
I just found a set up for reverse chain lock. ^-^

BTW... I have experimented further and they might be able to roll out of the reverse chain jab lock before you can get the chain behind you. I don't have someone to help me so I am relying on my toes to help. Since they are unrelieble, I don't know if it is legit.

Judo777

Smash Master
hey just to let you know i tested it and you can do aerials when you get knocked off of platforms from your shield. Its just that certain characters fall too fast to be able to aerial in time but i got it to work with jiggs, samus and even mario so it wont work on quite a few people.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
hey just to let you know i tested it and you can do aerials when you get knocked off of platforms from your shield. Its just that certain characters fall too fast to be able to aerial in time but i got it to work with jiggs, samus and even mario so it wont work on quite a few people.
So saviorslegacy was just making **** up again when he said that sliding off of a ledge from shield meant you couldn't do anything?

Dammit. Figures.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can tech the fall too I believe...

ignoring that mistruth, I don't doubt you can jab lock with the chain.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
or you can just ftilt someone at high percent. and predict there landing well enough do a non predictable throw chain without short hopping and throw the chain behind you . and chain lock. or same principle when shielding, i did this in a double match on m2k. but i forgot to follow through with the lock. the lock was working. and basically decayed his shield so i could do other tricks. but i could of kept it like that and got him up very high. but you know how it goes, you don't do the best choices under pressure. and saviour is making up bad setups again. how about we make a good thread about loops and setups . ftilts jab ftilt fair and make a list like that . (ftilt jab, shad, ftilt nair) xD

saviorslegacy

So saviorslegacy was just making **** up again when he said that sliding off of a ledge from shield meant you couldn't do anything?

Dammit. Figures.
You exaggerate douche... I mean dude.

He said it doesn't work on everyone and I was only testing on ROB.
I made this post to give what I had found. I did not say I found something on my own.
Usually in a community people help each other out. For some reason you and others around here want to have everything handed to you in a silver platter. Then again.. some try not to be a baby like Judo.

It's a good thing I don't know someone like you IRL. I would have trouble no knocking their nose in.
you can tech the fall too I believe...

ignoring that mistruth, I don't doubt you can jab lock with the chain.
You cannot tech a fall.

Not a mistruth.

You can jab lock a chain.
I don't get it @_@ do you have a vid?
Unfortunately no.
Saturday= worked all day and went to bed early
Sunday= woke up early and went to a theme park with a bunch of friend for like 12 hours
Monday= woke up late (I got home at 1 am). Had friends over and done chores (and school work)

When I do have the time to do it my brother also has time (ie a break). He spends jis break playing on his computer. I am not going to ask my brother to get off his computer when he does not get to play on it as often as he wants and since he got a few new games.

On top of this I started school today.......

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You exaggerate douche... I mean dude.
Infinite on Meta Knight.
Pushing forward known stuff but emphasizing that it's more useful than everyone who's actually the tech tested in-game says.
"Chaingrabbing."
BLITZ COMBO NUMBER TWO.

I believe I am well within my bounds when calling you full of ****. The funny thing is, all I wanted was a definitive source on where you got "you can't tech from sliding off a ledge by shield" and you, unsurprisingly, failed to provide one. In both Melee and 64, the mechanic of sliding off a platform while shielding put you into tumble with zero stun, allowing you to jump, aerial, or tech straight from tumble. I wasn't sure if this had somehow changed from Melee to Brawl (it's possible; it happened with the grab release mechanic), but you did a piss-poor job of convincing me that it had.

He said it doesn't work on everyone and I was only testing on ROB.
I made this post to give what I had found. I did not say I found something on my own.
Usually in a community people help each other out. For some reason you and others around here want to have everything handed to you in a silver platter. Then again.. some try not to be a baby like Judo.
Wait 'till you see the thread about the discovery of twice jumping. Listen, I couldn't care less whether or not you spell out exactly how to pull something off, but when you start claiming it works because of how the game functions, you better verify that the game works the way you say it does.

It's a good thing I don't know someone like you IRL. I would have trouble no knocking their nose in.
Heh, right. Good luck with that.

Unfortunately no.
Saturday= worked all day and went to bed early
Sunday= woke up early and went to a theme park with a bunch of friend for like 12 hours
Monday= woke up late (I got home at 1 am). Had friends over and done chores (and school work)

When I do have the time to do it my brother also has time (ie a break). He spends jis break playing on his computer. I am not going to ask my brother to get off his computer when he does not get to play on it as often as he wants and since he got a few new games.

On top of this I started school today.......
Oh yeah, I remembered your big post about how you had no more free time and were quitting Smash... wait a second.

Anyway, you have one post to convince me that this thread is actually worth leaving open, since there's already a verification that your lock doesn't actually work on several characters.
Include in your post an explanation of why I am able to jump after sliding off of a platform from shield, using ROB.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCvbVtv4_QM

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I believe I am well within my bounds when calling you full of ****. The funny thing is, all I wanted was a definitive source on where you got "you can't tech from sliding off a ledge by shield" and you, unsurprisingly, failed to provide one. In both Melee and 64, the mechanic of sliding off a platform while shielding put you into tumble with zero stun, allowing you to jump, aerial, or tech straight from tumble. I wasn't sure if this had somehow changed from Melee to Brawl (it's possible; it happened with the grab release mechanic), but you did a piss-poor job of convincing me that it had.
Poor SL.

Anyway, since saviors likes to make up words and terminology and combos and mechanics that aren't real, I think in finally understand what he's talking about (making it all hte more ridiculous.)

Do you mean, when you're blocking near the edge and get attacked and get pushed off the side? IF so, I have definitive proof that you CAN attack IMMEDIATELY after being knocked off the edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbzuWn79uGU

0:48 - Lightning kick.
1:00 - U-air KO

Basically, saviors, not only is this theory false, it's also stupid because it will GET YOU KILLED.

You really have outdone yourself.

LOL

Here you go again making assumptions.

1. You implied you know anyone in real life.
2. LOL I've seen pictures of you, saviorslegacy, the only person you're going to be beating up is a controller.
3. It's not a guaranteed lock.

As for your comment a few posts above, in red

lol. So you threw a bunch of theories and excuses at me? Bahahahahaa.

Are you really saying that Dsmash combos into needles?

saviorslegacy

Infinite on Meta Knight.
Pushing forward known stuff but emphasizing that it's more useful than everyone who's actually the tech tested in-game says.
"Chaingrabbing."
BLITZ COMBO NUMBER TWO.

I believe you are just someone trying to find meaning through video games and interent.
I guess I can understand you missreading what I said. So let me spell it out for you.
"You can tech/do anything if you are set into a tumble when you are not sheilding."

Wait 'till you see the thread about the discovery of twice jumping. Listen, I couldn't care less whether or not you spell out exactly how to pull something off, but when you start claiming it works because of how the game functions, you better verify that the game works the way you say it does.
At least inn other boards if someone is wrong they just simply point out why it doesn't work and then they try and find a way to make it work. Here you get flamed about how it works and basically people try and shut down what you are saying so it stops advancment.

Heh, right. Good luck with that.
I don't play fair. That is why I carry.
When I said knocked in I didn't mean with my fist.

Oh yeah, I remembered your big post about how you had no more free time and were quitting Smash... wait a second.
I am checking this post while I am doing science.....

Anyway, you have one post to convince me that this thread is actually worth leaving open, since there's already a verification that your lock doesn't actually work on several characters.
Include in your post an explanation of why I am able to jump after sliding off of a platform from shield, using ROB.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCvbVtv4_QM
editted in red
What I forgot to add in red is below.

I missused the word *infinite*.
What's wrong with puching things foward? WD was looked at as useless in nonitem matches for a long time.
I said chaingrabbing in one instence in which I clearly stated it was not a true combo. There was just no word for stringing a grab.
Blitz combo's are simpl decay combo's. I called them blitz because of the Pit users and I wanted to empazise how they were different than normal nondecay combo's.

lolphail
You do realize you'll have to unplug your opponents controller for any of this to work, right?
You're just posting here with a dumb post to get brownie points and/or get a higher post count.
saviourlegacy its perfectly legal in tournament for this soul purpose
haha... wait no.
Poor SL.
smart ***

Anyway, since saviors likes to make up words and terminology and combos and mechanics that aren't real, I think in finally understand what he's talking about (making it all hte more ridiculous.)
Hmmm.. haven't made up one word. I have used latin and a bird name but that is it.

Do you mean, when you're blocking near the edge and get attacked and get pushed off the side? IF so, I have definitive proof that you CAN attack IMMEDIATELY after being knocked off the edge.
You are as dumb as the other guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbzuWn79uGU

0:48 - Lightning kick.
1:00 - U-air KO

Basically, saviors, not only is this theory false, it's also stupid because it will GET YOU KILLED.

You really have outdone yourself.

LOL

Here you go again making assumptions.

1. You implied you know anyone in real life.
What's so wrong about that?
2. LOL I've seen pictures of you, saviorslegacy, the only person you're going to be beating up is a controller.
As I said.. I don't play fair. I don't lift weights but I can lift over 300 lbs. and take it to the floor.
I would much rather use a weapon or some kind of chemical (ie a powder bag).
3. It's not a guaranteed lock.
It's also not garunteed that you can get a f-tilt lock on someone in a match.

As for your comment a few posts above, in red

lol. So you threw a bunch of theories and excuses at me? Bahahahahaa.
So you threw a bunch of BS at me. Bahahahahaha

Are you really saying that Dsmash combos into needles?
If they miss the tech it can. They could probally jump but they are pretty low to the ground. Think of God is my Rocks' Peach Bair trap.
editted in red

So far you all have proven that you flame before you test.

ps Leave this thread open so I can post with a video in the next few days.
Cya then d-bags.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Saviours you are dumb. You can't try to represent Christ and make posts about finding the true meaning in life when you say dumb a$$ things like this.

Powder bags? LMAO I would beat the s*** out of you if you tried to hit me with a powder bag. And you carry? Bro you had ponytails in the picture that you showed us. No offense i'm not trying to be an as shole but your just a fat nerdy kid trying to be tough on the interenet........seriously letting people get to you enough to the point where you lol threaten someone with powderbags is more hilarious than anything.

Powderbags.......lol.

Judo777

Smash Master
Hahaha ok guys its fine to argue over game mechanics but arguing over who can beat the other person up in real life is just ********. You guys don't know each other so its dumb to act like you know you would win. Btw SL assault with a deadly weapon is a felony so have fun with that. You guys should probably calm down and if you are calm then there is no reason to not take my advice immediately.

On a side note i have no authority so u don't have to listen.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
While my room is quite messy, I'm quite sure I can find something a little more effective than powder bags, lol.

However, you failed to address both Sinking's and my counterexamples of your claim about sliding off while shielding.... not working. One more chance, man. Personally I think I'm giving you way more patience than I believe you deserve.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
While my room is quite messy, I'm quite sure I can find something a little more effective than powder bags, lol.
Oi... watch out. Ankoku's got ceramic plates. None of that cheap plastic stuff, we're talking real ceramic here. Something you can crack over someone's head, something you you can throw like a Frisbee into someone's chest.

You also use Chrome. That earns you 10 Eastlandfunbucks, reedemable for prizes at any of the 3 Eastland theme parks across the world.

unfortunately all we have in our theme park prize shops are rubick's cubes and floppy disks of the game "Oregon Trail" (You know the one. From 3rd grade. Yeah, that's right)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What's more valuable, Joshuland Funbucks or Eastland Funbucks?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey <3 I'm 6 and a half dammit! Don't make fun of me :3

Ankoku, this thread has gone for 3 pages with SL spamming profanities because he knows he has nothing of value to say while we all ***** at him for not contributing anything useful.

As cute as he is (^O^), might I suggest a lock?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Nah, I'm giving him one more chance. If he really doesn't take it then he actually is actively ignoring definitive evidence of him being wrong, which would be... disappointing, to say the least.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Do you understand what the combo he's talking about works like?

Maybe I'm just not getting this, but I've read through it to get the picture, but all his posts seem to point to other moves that are unrelated to the combo hes talking about.

When he says deploy the chain and jablock to the edge, how is that possible? When you use the chainlock you're stationary. Moving to the ledge would mean you have to stop the chain lock. In this case I assumed i misread it (which indeed i did not) and that he actually meant repeatedly tap A to do a proper jab lock. However he continues talking as if the chain is out.

Saviors, it was believed a long time ago that the chainlock moved sheik forward if she did a reverse chainlock, however that was ONLY against sandbags. This right here should debunk your combo once and for all, again assuming i understand what you're trying to say. If you had tried this combo out just once you would know it doesn't work.

Saviors, unless you're going to put it out flat and clear how to do this combo without stories of whatever classes you're in and pointless words like "how easy is it to chianlock: bair" please don't bother replying. i just want to understand what it is you're talking about that we've disproven multiple times and yet you continue to push as being factual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom