• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheiks reverse chain jab lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Saviours you are dumb. You can't try to represent Christ and make posts about finding the true meaning in life when you say dumb a$$ things like this.

Powder bags? LMAO I would beat the s*** out of you if you tried to hit me with a powder bag. And you carry? Bro you had ponytails in the picture that you showed us. No offense i'm not trying to be an as shole but your just a fat nerdy kid trying to be tough on the interenet........seriously letting people get to you enough to the point where you lol threaten someone with powderbags is more hilarious than anything.

Powderbags.......lol.
:(
Well... the internet is different. If I would have known someone like Ankoku in real life I would have just walked away. I did walk away from here but I came back to post an idea.... I guess that was a bad move.

If you knew the situation you would have pony tails too. Almost everyone had them.
It was a threat without meaning. I just got really PO'd.
Technically I am fat.. by like 40 lbs. Nerdy... no.
lol... I don't act tough. I made one empty threat.

I never said I only carry powder bags. I just find the powder bags to be more... lethal.
If you want to compare big boy weapons then I should show either the M 16 or the Mosin Nagant.

Powder bags= small bags which contain glass powder. They have about a 6 foot spread and go out about 8 feet. The glass gets into the eye's which cause's you to blink. Each time you blink the glass is ground around your eye ball and the eye wall. This cause's severe pain, bleeding and tearing. If the glass is not removed it will cause permanent damage.
Now make fun of my bags.
Hahaha ok guys its fine to argue over game mechanics but arguing over who can beat the other person up in real life is just ********. You guys don't know each other so its dumb to act like you know you would win. Btw SL assault with a deadly weapon is a felony so have fun with that. You guys should probably calm down and if you are calm then there is no reason to not take my advice immediately.

On a side note i have no authority so u don't have to listen.
Meh... I could care less. IRL I try and avoid all confrontations. Reason being:
Someone always gets hurt. It will either be me or the other guy. I would feel bad about the other and beat myself up. Then again... me would be bad too.

I haven't been in a fight since 1st grade, and I don't plan on breaking that record.

Your advice is wise. That is why I heed by it and carry... a knife and bags (both don't count as lethal weapons).
While my room is quite messy, I'm quite sure I can find something a little more effective than powder bags, lol.

However, you failed to address both Sinking's and my counterexamples of your claim about sliding off while shielding.... not working. One more chance, man. Personally I think I'm giving you way more patience than I believe you deserve.
I saw one of those at the county fair for like 10$ once. Just cheap pieces of short metal.

Are you saying that you can tech when you are knocked off when shielding?
If so then I'm sorry. I have never seen this before but I have seen many combo's using this idea. My apologies.
how old is everyone in here? 6?
Pretty much....
Not really... I just think everyone is PO'd.
What's more valuable, Joshuland Funbucks or Eastland Funbucks?
WTF........

Anyways... this post has went from an arguement over game mechanics to an arguement about who has the bigger stick. I know I started it and I'm sorry. I always have been a quick tempered individual and I am awear of that. I said some stuff that I didn't mean and that I kinda regreat.... so my apologies.

Now can we get back on topic?

Since we had a big ole storm come through my bro's computer (the only one that the capture card works on) has stopped working. In other words "I can't make a video." We are going to the computer store tomorrow but until then I want this settled.
Marsulas, you and I have each others fc's. Can we get online and allow me to perform these combo's on you so I have a second head saying this isn't bull ****?
That will bring an end to this petty bickering.

:EDIT:
Do you understand what the combo he's talking about works like?

Maybe I'm just not getting this, but I've read through it to get the picture, but all his posts seem to point to other moves that are unrelated to the combo hes talking about.

When he says deploy the chain and jablock to the edge, how is that possible? When you use the chainlock you're stationary. Moving to the ledge would mean you have to stop the chain lock. In this case I assumed i misread it (which indeed i did not) and that he actually meant repeatedly tap A to do a proper jab lock. However he continues talking as if the chain is out.
Jab makes them stand up.

Saviors, it was believed a long time ago that the chainlock moved sheik forward if she did a reverse chainlock, however that was ONLY against sandbags. This right here should debunk your combo once and for all, again assuming i understand what you're trying to say. If you had tried this combo out just once you would know it doesn't work.
Ah hah... this is where the jab lock comes in.
You are doing a reverse jab lock chain lock.
Basically you are doing a reverse chain lock making them bounce into you until you get to the ledge.

Saviors, unless you're going to put it out flat and clear how to do this combo without stories of whatever classes you're in and pointless words like "how easy is it to chianlock: bair" please don't bother replying. i just want to understand what it is you're talking about that we've disproven multiple times and yet you continue to push as being factual.
The above is the clearist way I know how to put it without showing you first hand or making a video of it..
guess

Judo777

Smash Master
Sinking i'll explain to you the combo hes talking about. He means that if your opponent is shielding on a short ledge on battlefield, you would jump up and aerial him so that he will be pushed off of the platform out of his shield. At this point you would run a little in front of where the enemy lands and deploy the chain the opposite direction and hit him with the back part of the chain, causing a reverse chainlock. Since the fall might cause a bounce it would be a pseudo jab lock using the chain since you are slightly moving forward, which actually does work with reverse chain locks to clarify. You would then hope to retract the chain, since jab locks force a stand up, and hit him with some strong attack.

I mean if the info SL gave on chain causing bounce animations is true then this could work. But the fact that it is extremely situational and would require quite a bit of skill to pull off, and the fact that it requires your opponent to not jump or aerial after being pushed off makes it a little impractical in my opinion. I rarely ever see experienced players bounce off the ground when they get pushed off a ledge.

saviorslegacy

Pfft.... Not even close
I don't get it......
Sinking i'll explain to you the combo hes talking about. He means that if your opponent is shielding on a short ledge on battlefield, you would jump up and aerial him so that he will be pushed off of the platform out of his shield. At this point you would run a little in front of where the enemy lands and deploy the chain the opposite direction and hit him with the back part of the chain, causing a reverse chainlock. Since the fall might cause a bounce it would be a pseudo jab lock using the chain since you are slightly moving forward, which actually does work with reverse chain locks to clarify. You would then hope to retract the chain, since jab locks force a stand up, and hit him with some strong attack.

I mean if the info SL gave on chain causing bounce animations is true then this could work. But the fact that it is extremely situational and would require quite a bit of skill to pull off, and the fact that it requires your opponent to not jump or aerial after being pushed off makes it a little impractical in my opinion. I rarely ever see experienced players bounce off the ground when they get pushed off a ledge.
Yes but you don't need to run or anything. The fact that the chain has great reach covers this.

Unless I am wrong... you can't do anything if you are pushed off when shielding.

Judo777

Smash Master
you can its just u can't with certain characters that either fall too fast. Have you seen Ankokus vid he demonstrates that u can

saviorslegacy

you can its just u can't with certain characters that either fall too fast. Have you seen Ankokus vid he demonstrates that u can
Oh wow that's gay.

K.. I get it now.
WHY HASN'T ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE IN THE SMASH WORLD STATED THIS BEFORE!?!?!?!?!?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wow, stupid. Because it's the same as it was in Melee, and even 64. Since this lock or whatever relies on something that won't actually happen, I'm closing the thread.

It is actually a very real blade, though not especially useful for swordplay given the wooden sheath/scabbard rather than a proper steel one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom