• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik, why she will return

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Then how exactly do you define a character as an established Smash character?
i suppose that depends on what you consider "established." to me, "an established smash character" is any character in Melee who isn't a clone. this includes all characters from SSB64, and excludes characters like pichu and dr. mario.

so by that definition, yes, Sheik is an established smash character.

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
I have a neutral idea for Sheik. Turning into the ninja should still be Zelda's down B, but Sheik:
1) Fights with a dagger as a nod to Tetra and
2) Has Light Arrows as her standard B, both as a referance and a nerf.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Corocoro already reveal her Final Smash is Light Arrow and her Down B is Twighlight Change. (Not official name.)

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
pshhh what all you guys dont know is zelda doesn't even have a down b. when you do it the tv screen just comes up with FAIL in big red letters. (thats insider info, shhhh)

courte

Smash Lord
that was a good one actually, this time around Zelda is BROKEN

get it its got like 17 meanings in there lol

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
In the recent updates on the Coro Coro stuff, Sheik's b-moves are confirmed to be their OoT incarnations, Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love. Whether this makes sense or not is irrelevant.
Obviously, this supports adumbrodeus argument that the Brawl Zelda is not TP Zelda specifically, but a representative of all Zeldas with a TP exterior.
In other words, Sheik could very well be Zelda's down b in Brawl.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Shiek is now confirmed. Please don't quote this post, because it would take up a lot of space on this thread's page.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Also
Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based her model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game.
You people called me a lier when I said that...

Now...IN YOUR FACE

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
hopefully sheik will be quick but lack ko moves at same time as zelda is slow but has strong ko moves. as it should have been in melee really.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Sheik is back! With her sexy red eye's to, she looks better than ever. I just hope she plays the same or better and not weaker as well.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Despite logic, Sheik is returning. I like Sakurai simple non-explanation of how TP Zelda transforms into Sheik. It really works.

SiD

Smash Master
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

In your **** face vesperview!

I believe we had an agreement, you owe me an apology. Please feel free to PM it, I don't want to miss it.

:)

Cetellic

Smash Rookie
Yeah... though I only appeared once in this topic I did support Sheik's return ; ) you guys against Sheik are a little too emotional "OMG TP ZELDA CANT DO THAT!!!", come on it's just a game, lets bend rules in the name of fun.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
whoa this update is great, I already forgot about the delay :) well not really, I just wasted alot of money to get the game earlier :S

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
WOOT!

Sheik is back!

*Basks in the warmth of references to OoT, the best LoZ game ever*

Also

You people called me a lier when I said that...

Now...IN YOUR FACE
Well, you were right, but it wasn't confirmed to be a TP model at the point.

Your supposition proved correct but did you note that it was a supposition?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WOOT!

Sheik is back!

*Basks in the warmth of references to OoT, the best LoZ game ever*

Well, you were right, but it wasn't confirmed to be a TP model at the point.

Your supposition proved correct but did you note that it was a supposition?
It wasn't supposition, I actually had a source...

Unfortunetly, when I was asked for it...I didn't have it because my history was completely wiped

(I switched Browsers and it freaked up on my computer for some reason...)

yogho

Smash Apprentice
Im happy for the sheik lovers, but me myself am not happy. Why? Well because i think sheik wont be nerfed for one and second think about all the people who 'mained' sheik...I already see it before me: Im playin online and my match will be mostly fighting against sheiks. Hell i could even end up with 3 sheiks vs me!

I really really really hope they make sheik so weak that shes only useable for avoiding and giving minor damage and easy to ko, while zelda is needed to ko people with big damage. Cause thats what sheik is for!

And yes im not impressed if people are good with sheik, shes the easiest character to control.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
im not against sheik but she hasnt changed at all and they didnt add pics to her moveset but it will be really unfair if she doesnt get nerfed at all especialy for fox lol

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It wasn't supposition, I actually had a source...

Unfortunetly, when I was asked for it...I didn't have it because my history was completely wiped

(I switched Browsers and it freaked up on my computer for some reason...)
I know what you're talking about, but it said a Sheik model was submitted for possible use in Smash, it didn't mention that it was a TP-inspired model, so it was a supposition. I've cited it on several occasions and debated with a couple people about that wording.

Of course that doesn't matter because the supposition was correct! TP inspired Sheik, WOOT!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know what you're talking about, but it said a Sheik model was submitted for possible use in Smash, it didn't mention that it was a TP-inspired model, so it was a supposition. I've cited it on several occasions and debated with a couple people about that wording.

Of course that doesn't matter because the supposition was correct! TP inspired Sheik, WOOT!
Well yeah, it doesn't matter now...But THAT wasn't the source I was talking about.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I guess I don't mind shiek returned... but now i am scared as **** she will be just as overpowered agian.

I can see it now fighting never ending waves of shiek on the internet....

like i acually want to see a reason to consitently change between the two throught the match.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Okay, so is this the official Sheik thread now or what? I'm tired of waiting for the official update thread.

First off, bah. Continuity and logic are squirming on the ground in pain after that mallet to the nuts that Sakurai gave them.
But, that can be tolerated.

Now the only thing left to do is hope. For a world in which Sheik is just an accessory to Zelda used for racking up damage. No godsmack. No killer needles. No smashes more powerful than Zelda's. No more reliable recovery than Zelda. No chainthrowing. Just combos and speed.
There is no reason why it should not be so. Because in spite of all evidence that Melee offers, I am hoping that Sakurai is not a god**** ******.

This Sheik looks somewhat different from the original one ( hur hur boobs ). I suppose that means the game won't claim that they are one and the same person. If so, I can accept her.
Sheik was meant to be a fast combo-character, not an overpowered everything character. If it will be so, I can accept her.
If Zelda is actually a powerful and defensive character who can KO others well and it is not impossible to switch from Sheik to Zelda for the KO or Zelda can at least offer some combos or at least defensive capabilities, and she is not required to dress up and hide her femininity in order to be a completely useless ditz, I can accept her.

I will admit that my hopes were in vain. I don't usually want to join in on heated fighting ( although it seems rather lukewarm right now ), but considering how vehemently I argued against Sheik, it only seems fair.

However, if anyone dares to wish for a new overpowered Sheik, I will make them swallow their own feet.

Top Bottom