• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik, why she will return

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Sheik's Final Smash is also the Light Arrows, so you HAVE to be Zelda at some point in the match.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Sheik needs to have no finishing moves to need zelda. Which actually makes sense kinda. In other words, uair, fair dair, dash, smashes... well, what the heck. Almost everything needs to be decreased in strength...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sheik needs to have no finishing moves to need zelda. Which actually makes sense kinda. In other words, uair, fair dair, dash, smashes... well, what the heck. Almost everything needs to be decreased in strength...
Sheik indeed has more and much more reliable kill moves than Zelda. Zelda only had the fair+bair, which need to be sweetspotted. Her up-smash won't hit anything with the last hitbox and is actually very weak, her fsmash is almost as bad...
It's one of those things that I can't help ranting about, I just can't imagine what they were thinking.

If Sheik really gets no KO moves this time around, Zelda can be turned into a KO monster. Her forward- and up-tilts could be made into KO moves... as they are, they are too strong to combo and too weak to KO anything, so if you're going to have a clean division between the two characters, might as well go all the way. And the down-tilt can be increased in strength to allow for at least some comboing to go on.
Finally, a hitbox larger and with more lifetime than Jiggly's Rest for her up-air, decent power behind the dair ( WTF WHAT WERE THEY THINKING ABIUGSFLAGSFÖKIgpöasfjoäozfoüZIFO)FZO)FSZFojäfjofjjoäpjoop ... sorry. )...
I'll stop talking now.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Ive always used Zelda as my Main, and I use them both, just like you should, I am acualy really for this acualy being a plus in Brawl so when I say Zelda's my main, I don't get the response, WTF, don't you use Sheik?

Smash Ace
I agree, Wiseguy, but we saw this coming for a long time. Let's just hope that they nerf her until someone actually plays Zelda.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well, as much as I was an advocate for kicking Sheik off, this takes me back to the days before Melee, when Zelda and Sheik were my favorite newcomers, and I was so excited to play them. And... well, I know how that turned out. Transform punishable, Sheik being better overall, etc. Maybe it'll be a better mechanic this time around.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, as much as I was an advocate for kicking Sheik off, this takes me back to the days before Melee, when Zelda and Sheik were my favorite newcomers, and I was so excited to play them. And... well, I know how that turned out. Transform punishable, Sheik being better overall, etc. Maybe it'll be a better mechanic this time around.
Strangely enough, it's kinda similar for me. Sheik looks... nice. And if you accept that Zelda is apparently a sort of amalgamation of Zeldas ( unlike Link, who is still that one TP Link, no ifs and buts ), it's not too jarring that they can transform into each other...
And Zelda was probably the character I looked forward to the most...

It's just that Zelda/Sheik in Melee is and will always be the very epitome of what was wrong with the game.

If they are pulled off well this time...

I...

...might...

...actually.......

......................maybe....................................

....like her.

*shoots himself in the head*

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
She most likely got fixed. I bet her Fair now hits upward instead of spiking, like Mario's.

I can also kinda picture her Uair being a drilling attack rather than one overpowered aerial.

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
Darn, either you didn't post the pic right, or they are just blocked... all i see are blank spaces.

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
lol, o well, I saw her this mornin' i just wanted to show a couple people, no big deal. Thanks anyway.

Smash Ace
You can't see them because they are still hosted on the DOJO. To get past the filter you have to rehost them, which I'm doing now. I'll edit this post when I'm done.

EDIT: Here you go.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is back! With her sexy red eye's to, she looks better than ever. I just hope she plays the same or better and not weaker as well.

i hope you know...

sheik is a guy.

:laugh:

and YES!

FINALLY!

BACK!

whoo!

i specifically stopped maining her mainly because i THOUGHT she'd be decomfirmed.

well,

id better start remaining sheik then...

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
HAZZAH! Thanks a ton, I can see those.

EDIT: anyone else wondering whats up with the litte sheath she's got there? It looks empty, or is that just the angles?

Fawriel

Smash Master
...whoa, how come I never noticed that. Looks like Sheik has a dagger. And dagger smells like "different moveset" to me.
Hur hur hur.

classic zero

Smash Cadet
yea that would be bad@ss if she would use that short sword/katana ... maybe for her up smash and dash attack it would make some sense

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

i hope you know...

sheik is a guy.

:laugh:

and YES!

FINALLY!

BACK!

whoo!

i specifically stopped maining her mainly because i THOUGHT she'd be decomfirmed.

well,

id better start remaining sheik then...
Sheik is a girl in Brawl...Check the friggin' DOJO

also, check out Sheik's chest for further proof...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Actually, Sheik from Zelda: OOT was still Zelda, but in disguise as a guy, thats why shes refered to as a girl, but "meant" to be a guy.
But if you put guy pants on a girl, she's still a girl. So it's a girl. lol.

Although I can understand the people who haven't played OoT and don't want spoilers. Sorry for them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, Sheik from Zelda: OOT was still Zelda, but in disguise as a guy, thats why shes refered to as a girl, but "meant" to be a guy.
This isn't Sheik from Oot, it's Sheik from TP

-Katsuta

Smash Cadet
Sheik from TP doesn't exist. This is Smash Zelda/Sheik and if shes a girl now she was a girl then. And if two Smash games feature her as a girl, without no male evidence in OOT, wake up people. Its alright to play as girls.

Machete

Smash Ace
I'm glad to see Sheik, she looks awesome. Also, if an uninportant character like Sheik is in Brawl because of her (HER) original moveset, I've more hope in Mewtwo's return.

Also, Lucas...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sheik from TP doesn't exist. This is Smash Zelda/Sheik and if shes a girl now she was a girl then. And if two Smash games feature her as a girl, without no male evidence in OOT, wake up people. Its alright to play as girls.
However, this Sheik was designed in the making of TP to be put in TP...But was cut from the final version...

Since it isn't OoT sheik, and was designed for TP...might as well call it TP Sheik

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
However, this Sheik was designed in the making of TP to be put in TP...But was cut from the final version...

Since it isn't OoT sheik, and was designed for TP...might as well call it TP Sheik
This Sheik was created during VERY early productions of the game. Most likely before the story of TP was finalized. I remember the story of TP being altered early on..

Sheik from TP doesn't exist. Since she was never in that game, and this Zelda shows no signs of being able to transform into Sheik.

This is Smash Sheik.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Who cares where Sheik originated from, we get to play her and that's all that matters :)

Top Bottom