• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Player Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So, people keep asking me about who actually plays Sheik [in tournaments]. I think it'd be a good idea to make a listing to see just who's where and repping Sheik.

Just tell me if I missed you or any of your placements, all of this is just based on my list of tournaments with top-eight placements, so it's entirely possible that I didn't get you.

Active means you've gone to a tournament recently and/or plan to attend tournaments regularly.

Atlantic North
Cobra
Main: Sheik
Plays: Sheik
Placements:
17th out of 46 at Brandeis University Tourney
5th out of 9 at Oke Brawl
9th out of 12 at San Garden Xpress6
2nd out of 16 at Oke Brawl II
4th out of 11 at San Garden Xtreme
1st out of 12 at Oke Brawl III
49th out of 76 at Mass Madness 10
4th out of 14 at Oke Brawl IV
9th out of 26 at TokyoGameAction
49th out of 80 at XII.E.S.T.I.C.L.E.

dMTmanga
Main: Zelda/Sheik
Plays: Zelda/Sheik
Placements:
1st out of 24 at some local tournament

NEO
Main: Marth
Placements:
3rd out of 23 at MD Biweekly

RyokoYaksa
Placements:
4th out of 44 at Montage Presents: No Nonsense
7th out of 30 at Clash of the Titans III
4th out of 39 at Smash at the Shore
4th out of 20 at Princeton Smashfest 4

Tristan_win
Placements:
None

Atlantic South
popsofctown
Plays: Zelda, Sheik, Zelda/Sheik
Placements:
9th out of 22 at Vulcan Gamebox Brawl Tournament I
5th out of 19 at Play N Trade
17th out of 30 at Vulcan Gamebox Brawl Tournament II

ScaryLB59
Placements:
4th out of 64 at Play N Trade
3rd out of 31 at Play N Trade

theONEjanitor
Main: Diddy Kong
Placements:
7th out of 22 at Vulcan Gamebox Brawl Tournament I
3rd out of 19 at Play N Trade
13th out of 30 at Vulcan Gamebox Brawl Tournament II

Midwest
Ankoku
Placements:
2nd out of 28 at University of Michigan Biweekly 12
25th out of 42 at University of Michigan Biweekly 13
33rd out of 48 at University of Michigan Biweekly 14
9th out of 17 at Rofa's Biweekly 1
9th out of 13 at Rofa's Biweekly 3
3rd out of 26 at Gamerzlivelounge 3
2nd out of 14 at We Ain't Ann Arbor 1
33rd out of 46 at Rofa's Midwest Circuit Event
7th out of 14 at We Ain't Ann Arbor 4

-BC-
Placements:
7th out of 19 at Joker's Monthly Tournament

CMC
Main: ROB
Placements:
7th out of 15 at We Ain't Ann Arbor 3

Southwest

JonBeBonanza
Main: Wolf, ROB
Placements:
4th out of 30 at some local tournament
13th out of 19 at SHDL

Rey
Main: Mario
Placements:
7th out of 14 at Magik Biweeklies

Pacific West
Champ
Main: Captain Falcon
Placements:
5th out of 23 at Shuffle & Cut
1st out of 16 at 562 Brawl Garage Tournament
1st out of 32 at Quiznos Brawl II

choknater
Main: Sheik, King Dedede
Placements:
1st out of 28 at Modesto Brawl Tournament I
2nd out of 22 at Modesto Brawl Tournament III

Rick James
Placements:
97th out of 302 at Axis West Coast Majors

The Great Leon
Placements:
13th out of 49 at Andeh's House Tournament
25th out of 56 at Aznforce V
65th out of 152 at Super Smash Royale 4

Canada
GK
Placements:
7th out of 58 at Get on My Level 1

Europe
Dizplay
Main: Toon Link
Placements:
4 out of 37 at Smash Royale

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Why doesn't Tristan_win go to tournaments? I know i have no proof he's good... but he works his tail off so hard he has to be at least top 8 material.

Could you list my main as the white ball of light?... or not...
For real though, it probably needs to be white ball of light or Sheik. I use Sheik ever-so-slightly more.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
No Car
No Crew
No smash scene in town
No easy access to a bus stop

So...Yeah, I'm not ranked. I'll have the car problem fix though around winter at worst

Charoo

Smash Champion
i actually main falcon. The only time I use fox is like for metaknight and rob haha

i wish socal have more sheik players =(

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I mainly play as sheik in all of my tournaments...but I don't have an impressive victories besides local tournaments...so yeah, probably not worth placing on the list.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You don't need any impressive victories, just a placement. My 9th out of 13 people isn't exactly amazing, either. : j

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
choknater
Status: Active <---- what does this mean? i play all the time but i haven't gone to many tournaments
Main: Sheik, Dedede
Placements:

Hmm... Dunno if my placements really matter. Both are local tournaments from months ago, but if I really have to say 'em... 1st at Modesto Brawl tournament I, 2nd at Modesto Brawl tournament III.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
No Car
No Crew
No smash scene in town

So...Yeah, I'm not ranked. I'll have the car problem fix though around winter at worst
I feel your pain so much*tear*:(. i wish i could go to tournaments i would learn so much so fast it would be great.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Choknater is my other hero!!!! (Besides DarkMusician)

i made 9 out of 22 at Vulcan GameBox tournament one. Would've mentioned it earlier, but i just realized this thread isn't top 8 only.

We're not going to talk about how i did at Vulcan GameBox tournament two....

-Mars-

Smash Hero
No Car
No Crew
No smash scene in town

Don't worry......your gaining a reputation as one of the best Sheiks around.........got any vids, cuz people on gfaqs and allisbrawl say your the best they've ever seen.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I try to find tournaments but usually they end up being in places I cannot get to. There is a big tourney in Sept. at a Play N Trade, so until then I'll be looking at the tournament listing to see if I can try and get to any others. My placements are only two local tournaments though. Oh well, hope I find more tournaments.

ScaryLB59 (ED!!!)
Placements:
4th of 64 at Play N Trade
3rd or 32 at Play N Trade (Teams)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Don't worry......your gaining a reputation as one of the best Sheiks around.........got any vids, cuz people on gfaqs and allisbrawl say your the best they've ever seen.
...How do people at gfaqs know of my work? Not only have I never been to gfaqs but I don't even know how to get there!

Seriously all I do is fight random people in the allisbrawl chat room and usually don't place very high in online tournaments because of either lag or whatever.

I don't even do the ladder because I got so mad at lag loses.

I mean I guess technically people could be making some sort of list over there but I would never think someone would list me with the best or even bother talking about my skills....I shouldn't be able to become "know" just from online play.

edit: Well that was easy to find, where exactly do people talk about me? I have to see it to believe it

edit2: Good lord there's a lot of garbage threads here, who comes to a place like this? I must be at the wrong sections or something as this place reeks of idiots

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Throw me on there for the southwest.
Sheik is my go to guy in tourneys, not to mention i have all the tech skill sheik can possibly have.

BTW i'm making a vid on some"Sheik shenaniganz" (title...too good). I had always planned on making one for melee sheik, but never knew how to upload. So yeah.

Anyways Corpus Christ, Active, Main: Depends on match-up, go to guy is sheik, 4th out of 30 at this local tourney. (we had DMK...**** mk). And going to Hylians thing so i'll see if i can shine some light on them with sheik.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
The Great Leon
Main: Sheik (on and off)
Plays: Sheik, for now :)
Placements:
13/49 @ Andeh's House Tournament (So Cal)
25/56 @ Aznforce V
65/152 @ Team Nexus: Super Smash Royale 4

My AIB lists only sandbagged tournies :*(

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
edit2: Good lord there's a lot of garbage threads here, who comes to a place like this? I must be at the wrong sections or something as this place reeks of idiots
...nope. You found it alright...and described it perfectly I must say.

Also, Tristan you're being too modest. A friend of mine named Nuro recently played you in a few online matches and said you were surprisingly good. I play Nuro all the time, and he knows Sheik well becasue I play Sheik almsot all the time. He suggested to me that I play you in a few matches as I could (and I'm quoting what he said here) : "Stand to learn a few things from him".

...so yeah, apparently you're a lot better then you think you are, becasue Nuro is one of our top players out here in MA.

(But I still definitely win the # of tournaments attended trophy...if only to place relatively poorly in anything with more then 14 people in it :( )

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...nope. You found it alright...and described it perfectly I must say.

Also, Tristan you're being too modest. A friend of mine named Nuro recently played you in a few online matches and said you were surprisingly good. I play Nuro all the time, and he knows Sheik well becasue I play Sheik almsot all the time. He suggested to me that I play you in a few matches as I could (and I'm quoting what he said here) : "Stand to learn a few things from him".

...so yeah, apparently you're a lot better then you think you are, becasue Nuro is one of our top players out here in MA.

(But I still definitely win the # of tournaments attended trophy...if only to place relatively poorly in anything with more then 14 people in it :( )
Cobra if I wasn't modest then I'll get prideful and because of how I am I would start to brag and can you think of anything sadder then someone saying how good they are because of someone they beat online? I can't, so it’s best if I constantly downgrade myself, besides I still lose all the time to the top 50 or so people on allisbrawl and I would expect people who attention tournament especially the closer I get to Washington to be even better or at least equal in skill as them.

So you see it isn't that I think I'm bad I just don't want to become like a locust and annoy everyone to death with my "I'm one of the best" bull ****, besides for everything I've learned so far about Sheik match ups and her ability to kick *** I still feel I have a long way to go as a player if I'm ever going to place high in a tournament.

I'm not doing well, my sheik is....My Zelda pretty much done though, such a simple thing Zelda is.

Villi

Smash Lord
lol@Tristan discovering gfaqs.

I usually end up sticking with Peach in tournaments. The last placement I got as Sheik was I think 5th out of 18 or so people, but I can get the final bracket. I'm repping Zelda/Sheik in the next one.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Cobra if I wasn't modest then I'll get prideful and because of how I am I would start to brag and can you think of anything sadder then someone saying how good they are because of someone they beat online?

I still feel I have a long way to go as a player if I'm ever going to place high in a tournament.

I'm not doing well, my sheik is....My Zelda pretty much done though, such a simple thing Zelda is.
Good attitude, I approve, I just like saying it cause I know somewhere down deep it makes you feel all happy! :laugh:

How do I know?...becasue every time i catch someone with a Boost Smash and they say "Whoa!" ...or "How'd you do that so easily?!?!" I get all giddy like a kid that was just handed candy and it kind of validates my hard work.

...right after someone says that I get that weird smile on my face and it doesn't even matter if I lose, cause I've already impressed someone. So yeah...KEEP IT STRONG TRISTAN! And Modest I guess...I'll just be over here praising your name and saying "YOU GOTTA FIGHT THIS GUY! HE'S CRAZY!"

(Oh and btw, you...ummm..might get some people jsut randomly challenging you form now on...like...out of nowhere...<3 )

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
yes! Sheik players unite! Sheik still rules the schools of brawl!

can anyone give me any tips on using Sheik in brawl? or should I probably ask that somewhere else...

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Good attitude, I approve, I just like saying it cause I know somewhere down deep it makes you feel all happy! :laugh:

How do I know?...becasue every time i catch someone with a Boost Smash and they say "Whoa!" ...or "How'd you do that so easily?!?!" I get all giddy like a kid that was just handed candy and it kind of validates my hard work.

...right after someone says that I get that weird smile on my face and it doesn't even matter if I lose, cause I've already impressed someone. So yeah...KEEP IT STRONG TRISTAN! And Modest I guess...I'll just be over here praising your name and saying "YOU GOTTA FIGHT THIS GUY! HE'S CRAZY!"

(Oh and btw, you...ummm..might get some people jsut randomly challenging you form now on...like...out of nowhere...<3 )
Some? More like more Cobra >.<';

Also we should do some dittos sometime and do you have aim?

and about the post above mine your avatar is cool and so is your signature.

So here's a link to a actually useful allisbrawl thread

Link: http://www.allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=13872

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I love Tristan's modesty. I'd probably hate him if he thought he was good. I'd like to say knew he was good, but he has so much experience in a lag environment, that's gotta hurt his Sheik.

Tristan move to Huntsville. We have a decent smash scene. And i could watch you kill all the Game & Watches that make me cry so much i get kicked out of Play N Trade. Yeahhhhhhh.... it'd be great.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
...How do people at gfaqs know of my work? Not only have I never been to gfaqs but I don't even know how to get there!

Seriously all I do is fight random people in the allisbrawl chat room and usually don't place very high in online tournaments because of either lag or whatever.

I don't even do the ladder because I got so mad at lag loses.

I mean I guess technically people could be making some sort of list over there but I would never think someone would list me with the best or even bother talking about my skills....I shouldn't be able to become "know" just from online play.

edit: Well that was easy to find, where exactly do people talk about me? I have to see it to believe it

Gamefaqs as a whole is pretty ********, but there are a few above average players that go there.....I only go there to get some fights, I might try allisbrawl out sometime though.

Also........go to the online board......the regular board is filled with joke topics and trolls.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It's kind of hard to tell who's really representing Sheik strongly.. some people use her in tournaments, but tend to come back to more powerful characters when they have to fight anything high tier. It's kind of like listing Ankoku as really repping Marth.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lolol, I just placed 33rd out of around 50 or so in a regional tournament. I can't use my sight if I have no vision, unfortunately, and my inexperience really showed here.

Anyway, my Sheik is waaay better than my Marth, my Marth is pretty terrible overall and only useful for one or two matchups like vs Wario if I don't feel like going Sheik all the way.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
lolol, I just placed 33rd out of around 50 or so in a regional tournament. I can't use my sight if I have no vision, unfortunately, and my inexperience really showed here.

Anyway, my Sheik is waaay better than my Marth, my Marth is pretty terrible overall and only useful for one or two matchups like vs Wario if I don't feel like going Sheik all the way.
That was my point. Some people use Sheik the way you use Marth, and they could make the list. Like we could have some MK who uses Sheik first round on the list and that kind of obscured.

whoa ankoku with a non-female avatar o_O confused...
I'm confused too! Very confused!!!

Ankoku... when you picked that avatar, could you tell that that isn't a girl? It's not, it's a dude. See the short hair?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
There are plenty of girls with short hair.

That said, I'm currently running through the Fate/stay night cycle.

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice

Wario? Sheik loves those Warios for one reason: Release grab (no pummel) to tipper upsmash. But I get your point, marth is good against where sheik isn't. Try maining Zelda also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom