• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Changes/In-Depth Attacks/1v1 Vids Thread >_>

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, that only proves Yomi right.

-All attacks refresh other attacks equally. If you weaken attack X through repeated use, 10 weak jabs will recharge it just as much as 10 fully charged smashes. Different hits of A combos count as seperate attacks, as do seperate throws and throw punches(!). However, repeated hits of infinite punches (like sheik, fox, etc) and drill attacks (mario's Dair) do not count as seperate. Projectiles are weird, too: only the first needle in Sheik's needle storm counts.

I'm guessing Jab 1 counts as one, Jab 2 counts as one, then Jabs 3 through whatever all only count as one.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't work like that greenpoe, anyways I still think this is a much better option then just using another tilt as your opponent seem to be able to get out of them fairly easily after just two hits. Which is like 10 guarantee damage but if you do a tilt to A A A combo you can easily do much more then that before they escape, also you can easily tell when they are just about to get away because they have to travel the length of your arm.

So more damage, less about timing, and a lower chance of getting punished. Better

Edit: On another note I'm thinking about switching my main back to Sheik or maybe have dual mains with Zamus. I don't know, but it seems every time I start a online match I like to pick Sheik over Zamus.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
God****... where do have my head -.- i should go to bed earlier sometime (half past 3 in the morning right now...)

sorry guys but i doubt the TapA thing will work very long...
people will learn to SDI out of it quickly and punish you with a grab...
eventhough we should agree on a good follow up...
i tend to use grab (or even TapA to grab sometimes) or Downsmash
i dont really pay that much on the damage i´m dealing with it though -.-
what would you think to be the most usefull thing?
grab will set them up for another follow up, so i think TapA to grab (which almost always works, if it proves to not work, just take the grab) is the best option...
utilt pretty much ends your combo, eventhough i like the way it looks xD

anyone tried anything with getting in a downtilt yet? (i guess you can jump out, but i dunno for sure)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm greatly annoyed that the Chain can no longer hit targets when it's being retracted to the sleeve. That was the trick to make it a worthwhile attack in Melee. I'm also annoyed that tipper hits against aerial targets seem to be next to impossible.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
hey ankoku
you should gather all important ATs for Sheik in the first post :)
(like bosst smash/grab, tether recovery thing, double explosion edge(not anymore)hog adn so on)
maybe you´d also add foxtrot because i think its important for sheik

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Zelda/Sheik transforms INSTANTLY in team brawl if your allies are Sheik and Zelda.

Now I know you guys know that the reason for the transformation's long delay is because the Wii is loading the character data.

You guys probably know that if you play a Free For All and play against Zelda and Sheik, you can transform twice as fast as normal right because the character data is already loaded.

But I also found out that..

Zelda/Sheik transforms INSTANTLY in team brawl if your allies are Sheik and Zelda.

Anyway, go in team Brawl, play as Zelda or Sheik.

Pick Sheik and Zelda as your allies, fight against whoever(doesn't matter). So it'll be 3v1.

Ok, when the match starts, try transforming and....

Zelda(or Sheik) transforms nearly instantly.

It's not completely instantly but I'd say she transforms in less than half a second.

I wonder if the developers "intended" for Zelda/Sheik to transform that fast in the first place.

I don't get why they didn't just "preload" Zelda and Sheik's data instead of forcing the Wii to load the character data everytime Zelda/Sheik transforms.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
so a sheik/zelda sheik/zelda team would have close to no trouble with transforming, because if both are 1 form one can defend and when one is sheik and one is zelda transform is faster?

yaay...awesome...
kond of

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hey Anokoku you seem to be the person to turn to on the Sheik boards so I'm just going to direct my question to you

Is it wide scale knowledge that if you hit someone with Sheiks dtilt or ftilt around the tip of the attack they will be hit away at a different angle?

Also, I believe that the tipper ftilt gives your opponent more stun time as I've actually done a tipper Ftilt into down smash quite often against heavier opponents even though they had to cross a larger distance in order to fall into the attack.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't know much about hitboxes right now because I have no surefire way to research them. I'll see if I can find any other information on her tilts, though.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
Lucien vs Hostility links are down... oh well! Hey Ankoku, can we start a character match up thread? I'm sure with the collective brain power here we can make a pretty good one!

Matumakka

Smash Cadet
Yo Ankoku
Hey, I wanted to know just how good you are with Sheik, whenever your ready to battle me Ill be waiting, just send me a Pm. I main Shiek too and havent seen another Sheik better then me, So i want a challenge!!!!

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Hmm, nair I can't imagine a practical situation to use to cause a trip. bair might work for platform sliding/dropping like on Battlefield. Needles are really lol. Chain? I mean, I know that we're trying to find the uses of everything, but...
Sheik's chain is essentially useless in competitive play...although you may be able to pull it off once, it's definitely not recommended to use it more than once per battle as it takes her quite a while to pull it out and put it away. Her needles have definitely been nerfed, as you said; they no longer truly serve as a tool anymore, only as mere distractions or ways to rack up small percentages here and there.

My biggest beef with Sheik is that her dair has been severely nerfed. Not only does it take time to start in the air, but it can't be canceled for a while, and it can be easily countered with an up smash. It also has a lot of lag during its landing animation.

Perrako

Smash Rookie
Her needles have indeed been nerfed, but can actually rack up a good deal of percentages when used sagely. They are not the best projectile in the game, but they come out fast enough and do a reasonable 18% when fully charged, that they can contribute a rather good deal to an opponents percentage. Additionally, single needs can **** quite a few approaches -- Luigi's Down B, Ike's Side B, Pikachu's Side B, etc. Not great approaches, granted, but the needle will completely destroy anyone who relies on them.

The chain? Yeah, really pretty useless. I only pull it out once in a while while landing at just the right distance from them. It catches them off guard, but really only does 5%.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
hrm, ankoku, i'm not sure if many people know this and i might have missed it in your tutorial, but in order to switch from zelda to sheik on tourney mode you use the c-stick

... probably unnecessary info though, sowwies

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No. It just creates a wind effect similar to G&W's uair, Ganon's utilt, that sorta thing.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I highly suggest creating some sort of "best of" or "hall of fame" for the videos here. Its a very efficient way to show off the character to those who are curious as to how good the character is, among many other advantages. It will definitely be well worth the minimal amount of time it takes in the end.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm considering sifting through the videos and cropping it down to the ones that show close games or high level of skill. Maybe I'll do it for next month.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm afried they have

I think the reason why no one put them up is because they only put Captain Jack's Sheik in a bad light and since Jack was consider one of the best sheik player of all time in melee seeing him lose so badly again and again isn't worth the damage it will cause.

foxsmasher

Smash Cadet
Ankou please add this new found tech to this thread:

Vanishing edge guarding(V.E.G) -
A well useful tech for any advanced sheik mainer out there. Simply just run to the edge and use the up+b. Then quickly press back on the control stick. sheik will start floating off the edge and use her attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl5dO6wzw8M

i am taking full credit on this new found tech because there are NO forums that have this. Please no flaming if you've some how seen this before. Just let me know and i'll edit this post thanks for viiewing.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Ankou please add this new found tech to this thread:

Vanishing edge guarding(V.E.G) -
A well useful tech for any advanced sheik mainer out there. Simply just run to the edge and use the up+b. Then quickly press back on the control stick. sheik will start floating off the edge and use her attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl5dO6wzw8M

i am taking full credit on this new found tech because there are NO forums that have this. Please no flaming if you've some how seen this before. Just let me know and i'll edit this post thanks for viiewing.

wow, quit. please. i have it in my blatant video vs ike. jesus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ3ndGQOhq0

and look @ post date.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
I think we should contribute a list of stages where Sheik's strengths can be utilized more. It'll be helpful for Sheik players who don't know which stages play to Sheik's goods :) I also think we should add the AT's the Sheik can perform so Sheik mains (or potential Sheik mains) can get an idea of what Sheik has up her sleeves (Vanish edge guarding, using needles to cancel your dash, dash attack cancelled into U-Smash, etc.)

I'd love to see the Sheik guide keep up with some of the other guides out there (like the Snake one) because Sheik deserves the best :D

Go Sheik!!

Top Bottom