• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Changes/In-Depth Attacks/1v1 Vids Thread >_>

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
No tips and tricks section?
And if the tier list is ever completed, watch for her and marth to be top if not high. Overall their characters haven't changed much, from their melee counterparts, and play essentially the same. Maybe a tad more color like on the "B moves" or "A moves" to distinguish between the white boldness. Just a suggestion.

Fawriel

Smash Master
No tips and tricks section?
And if the tier list is ever completed, watch for her and marth to be top if not high. Overall their characters haven't changed much, from their melee counterparts, and play essentially the same.
Huh? What? Where? How? But. Like. Uh. Huh?

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
wow...
those were exactly my thoughts xD

do you seriously think sheik is gonna make it out off the low-tier Jon? i doubt it... "they play the same"... okay O.o

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Idk call me crazy but she handles roughly the same. Take this into consideration. I mained ness in melee, and seconded Sheik. So you can imagine the kick in the balls when i got a hold of how ness handles in brawl as opposed to melee. And sheik plays the same. In melee she was the "noob" charcter along with say fox... move c-stick in opponents direction and essentially win. But in brawl she requires, what...skill? Most of which is kept from melee. Ok looking back at my post i realize high/top may have been a "rash" suggestion, but that's what i think. She definetly isn't low, i think it's safe for us to agree on that right?

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
well, she still has the same attacks, but her play-style is nothing like it was in melee...

Downsmash spam - weakened, still usable
needle spam - same
needle approach - haha
grab-combos - not quite as effective anymore... but yeah.. you can still grab (like with every character)
high priority aerial-spam - nope... that isn`t very effective either, in brawl

off course she still has the same moveset, but that doesn't mean she can be compared to melee sheik...
at least my playstyle brawl-melee (i main sheik in both) is completely diffrent, and i dont see another way...

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
In melee she was the "noob" charcter along with say fox... move c-stick in opponents direction and essentially win. But in brawl she requires, what...skill? Most of which is kept from melee.
Man, that isn't even close to being right.

If any Melee character fits that description it's Marth, and that's only at lower levels of play.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
You kidding me? We all know Fox was god (lowercase g) in melee, and Sheik as well. And yes it is lower levels play at which this most frequently happened, and there are lower levels of play as in melee as there are in brawl (it's called "with anyone").

And @ Yomi: I understand It's the same sheik with the same move set but I know i still do some of the things I would normally do with sheik in melee, of course i don't get the same result but that doesn't mean that the grounds from brawl sheik weren't built from that of melee.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
But in brawl she requires, what...skill?
EXACTLY! Thats what i'm saying. From "noob character" (that everyone and their mom "mains") to a character that requires skill. And that's why i was saying she would be top/high tier ( and i'll stand by that). With sheik in brawl there are many times when i have gone to 200+ damage with sheik during a match, combo'd ( yes i said combo) to death in a match, Sheik is a bad bad dude. But i'm glad to see some rationale withing our "discussion".

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
lol :D
you just quoted your self ...
it took me a while to see that, and first i was like... "what the ****, no one in said that yet O.o"

i totally agree with that, but it´d be idiotic to say, just because it takes "skill" she´s just as good as others...
you know where the chars that take skill are in melee?
just look at Ness, Yoshi, Ylink, and so on...
all very good characters, but so what... they´re still less capable than Fox and Falco and Sheik

thats the same in Brawl, where some other characters are up top, but sheik hasn´t got the potential to be up there imo
(PT, my other main on the other hand... ... okay, he still sucks, but he´s better than what he´s beeing forced to live with now (close to worst char))

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
You caught me there, skill doesn't determine tier, there you are right. Fine I'll compromise, mid tier. This is actually very similar to a "discussion" I'm having with the ness boards. Again I'm being victimized for what i merely believe. it's quite funny, my main in melee (ness) and my second (sheik) in to complete sides of the statistical table of brawl. Sheik nerfed, ness buffed, and here I am talking about me thinking that sheik is going to top/high, when in reality it might be ness. I find it quite funny that this is happening. And on both I stand corrected, lol. Am I really looking at brawl as melee? Who knows, and personally who cares. My opinion wont stimulate more that a couple of posts here and there but oh well. Maybe i'm just mad cause there REALLY isn't skill in Brawl. In melee who actually played ness? And apparently who actually plays sheik as much as melee?

Funny.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
you´re not being victimized xD
you´re just being argued with because your WRONG!!!!
(just kidding, i also think sheik will climb up in the tier list quite a bit in the near future :D)

btw...
aren`t we completely off-topic?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This isn't a guide. One will be written sometime in the future.

R3N0

Smash Lord
thnx =D!

Sheik is so .. blehz.. now.. I 2ndary her in HOPES of using her awesome speed n poking vs bigger characters.. like d3, and dk...

but i mean if u wanna win. snake is the way to go.

but sheik is mad fun to play still =p

yey =D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
A couple of us are planning a modern "guide" thing, so feel free to link some vids (as long as they're not Wifi).

R3N0

Smash Lord
ankoku u can just look up "reno sheik" on youtube and u'll see some good matches.

Radarr

Smash Rookie
Just a couple quick notes...

Vanish does NOT have a hitbox on reappearing. Just a small wind effect... which I have seen stop knockback completely. It's annoying when you try to recover and hit someone, hit them, and then stop their trajectory completely with your wind. :p

And, you may want to note that the chain does 10% sweetspotted and 5% non if released in the air, and has a bit more knockback vertically.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
You should mark which videos are new, I can't remember which ones I've watched already :bee:

R3N0

Smash Lord
New Vids vs Peach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhxQ1pCtogg Reno ( Sheik ) vs Vanz ( Peach )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUeHyh4pym8 Reno ( Sheik ) vs Vanz ( Peach )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZqwmIDEVBY Reno ( Sheik ) vs Vanz ( Peach )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_GEPC8veQk Reno ( Sheik ) vs Vanz ( Peach )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-hiRzyBVVc Reno ( Sheik ) vs Vanz ( Peach )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8DOTx-IG-U Reno ( Sheik ) vs Vanz ( Peach )

Granted I only win the first one, because of some awesome a$$ ****
They are all great vids to watch. This was my sheik about a month ago. It's better now.. but you know.. wtvs =D They're all really close matches.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Man, this is a great guide! Even though the reappear part of Vanish has a tiny sweetspot, the little hop before it actually has a pretty big sweetspot around Sheik, which I found when toying in Cruel Brawl.

Top Bottom