• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Share a Trick!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
DID YOU KNOW?

That Peach can ledgehop bair on any starter stage (and some flat counterpicks like Pictochat and PS2) and land on the stage right by the edge as long as you hold forward while using bair? She flings her entire hurtbox further away from the opponent throughout the entire duration of the ledgehop. It's a useful spacing method against characters like Marth and Snake who usually space their kill moves at around mid range from the edge as Peach tries to recover.

* This trick of mine was inspired by the conversation I had with Mikey Lenetia at MLG Columbus about Peach using her aerials as a way to maneuver out of danger.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
DID YOU KNOW?

That the third jump glitch happens to Peach also? But only if you close your parasol, But if you reopen it, you will still maintain the glitch

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Actually I can answer that question. Yes you can do a 30% combo out of shield (Possibly more) if 1) You have a turnip in hand 2) The opponent is in shield grab range and has at least 12 frames of lag.

SH turnip throw down>air dodge cancel turnip throw down>float nair (optional float cancel nair second hit for more damage). No, I do not know specifically at which % it is guaranteed from, but I do know that I did this combo on D3 and MK and had a friend hold shield after the first turnip hit. Even though it did not register as a combo in the combo meter in traning mode, D3 and MK could not block the second turnip and the following nair.

Damage varies depending on whether the opponent is tall or short. Short characters only take 6% as opposed to 11% if the turnip down throw doesn't hit from point blank range. Optimally Short characters take 11% then 6% then nair (possibly both hits) which is about 30% and a little more with both nair hits. I haven't been on the boards for a long time, so I assume that this is already known, but apparently not? At this point I am looking into whether you can SH double down throw turnip>second jump> air dodge cancel down throw turnip again twice.

If this chains in and of itself, it would be ridiculous damage output. However, from initial testing I have concluded that this is ridiculously hard to time perfectly because if you second jump too early then you will auto float and fail, and if you do not do the two down throws at the soonest possible frames then you will end up too close to the ground and not be able to second jump. That and maintaining proper distancing from the opponent while throwing the turnips will result in the opponent being too far away or the turnip ending up behind you. Btw this can wall infinite until the turnip disappears which I think it does after 9/10 throws? I never counted. I also do not know how move decay affects the damage output over time as I am a noob that only does training mode.

The only thing that somebody can do to ruin all my effort is tell me that it's not a combo and that you guys already discovered this and were hyped up by its potential only to realize that it wasn't that great/practical which happens for a lot of things like Diddy's banana locks. Also it's the only reason I started to seriously consider peach, because all of a sudden she became a character that can do ridiculous damage for punishes like Snake. imo this could be a factor that makes the MK MU a bit easier, but I'm probably way in over my head b/c I just started playing Peach and don't know specifics at all.

tl;dr I am waiting for somebody to bring me back to reality and tell me that this **** doesn't work.

Edit: Forgot to add "Did you know..."

Basically it's what you just said.

From a single SH you dthrow -> insta-throw (down) -> nair. However, you said float Nair. You do not have to do that even. If you are fast enough, you can achieve the down throw two times and still have enough time in your jump to end with neutral air before it auto-cancels into the ground.

There is that factor of it's situational, but those situations are far more common than you might think. This is a quick method that can punish laggy attacks on your shield. The only problem is your own skill in aimming to make sure it hits the target head on to make them go forwards instead of backwards from your SH trajectory.

This does work at pretty much any percent except when nearing KO percents. However, it was already demonstrated that Peach can SH dthrow -> fair people as a true combo at KO percents. That's even better. This means that with a turnip in hand, peach can pretty much **** any laggy attack on her shield that is below killing percents, and anything above grants her a kill set-up.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
So I'm assuming that people have not implemented this combo yet/enough if you are mentioning it in this thread? Would you happen to know if after the second set of aerial down throws, it is possible to repeat the loop over again? Instead of float nair, use possibly float cancel fair to catch turnip then start the loop over again? I'm guessing this is highly improbable and impractical but all the more exciting that Peach has such huge damage potential.

So I'm assuming that people have not implemented this combo yet/enough if you are mentioning it in this thread? Would you happen to know if after the second set of aerial down throws, it is possible to repeat the loop over again? Instead of float nair, use possibly float cancel fair to catch turnip then start the loop over again? I'm guessing this is highly improbable and impractical but all the more exciting that Peach has such huge damage potential.
Typically, I am moving too far forward to have regrabbed the turnip after the 2nd dthrow. So, no, I do not think it's possible. Besides, that is even more impractical because that requires a large area and a low enough percent to do that. Like I said, the percentage to use this in is pretty much under 100%. Anything above that and they take too much knockback, and you have to start using Fair.

I think a lot of people might not use this because it requires laggy moves, and it's hard to aim on smaller characters. With enough practice I think it could be mastered. It's certainly a lot eaiser than Diddy's single naner lock.

Nair does not have to be used. You could even just use Ftilt or something like that.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't get overexcited and start doing impossible theory crafting. I have gotten the third down throw turnip to connect like twice, but it required use of the absolute max of Peach's item grab range from air dodging. Very hard to pull of. Regardless from just the "standard" combo, the damage output becomes ridiculous when you use the winking turnip (I think) from low %'s. Unfortunately Stitchface doesn't true combo because they get sent into tumble so no "true" follow ups but I believe double down throw is guaranteed for like >70% lol. Mr. Saturn doesn't seem to have enough hitstun to combo, but probably instant shield break with two down throws if you get close enough to do it. Don't even get me started on how ridiculous beam sword is.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh i know that insta dthrow combo. it's from the Excel combo where float dair to dj dthrow to insta throw to nair works. idk if the nair will connect after the insta throw though after mid percents. it'd be cool if someone looked into it.

Top Bottom