• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh, to be fair Ryu just had his series come back, he'll stand a chance for next time so long as people support the re-release stuff.

Besides, I wasn't expecting him that strongly anyways, especially given the crying for wolf encouraged by those false leakers on 4chan and 5chan.

Sucks that the source code for NG Black and NG2 is broken beyond repair, though.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I know that and I never said it was a family name. But it's weird though since non of those guys have nothing in common aside from being enemies or rivals to Shantae.
They aren't supposed to.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, even if Hayabusa WAS one of the final two (for now), I'm pretty sure that guy wouldn't actually be able to say anything for or against him being in Smash due to NDAs.
Unfortunately, NDAs have some pretty specific guidelines. You aren’t supposed to reveal any information, but you’re also not supposed to outright lie to your customer base, as that is terrible business practice and puts every future statement you make under a microscope of “is he lying again or not”.

Its the same as the Doomslayer interview from last year, people were sure it was just an NDA response when they outright said “no we haven’t been approached by Nintendo”. Take it at face value.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Unfortunately, NDAs have some pretty specific guidelines. You aren’t supposed to reveal any information, but you’re also not supposed to outright lie to your customer base, as that is terrible business practice and puts every future statement you make under a microscope of “is he lying again or not”.

Its the same as the Doomslayer interview from last year, people were sure it was just an NDA response when they outright said “no we haven’t been approached by Nintendo”. Take it at face value.
Well, HMK a notable gaming YouTuber has heard you can lie if you're under a NDA. But I don't know. Grant Kirihope was pretty tricky with his words as he claimed he wasn't working on any Banjo-Kazooie music when asked a couple of weeks before they were announced in Smash. He not only knew, but he also composed the Spiral Mountain remix in their reveal trailer.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Well, HMK a notable gaming YouTuber has heard you can lie if you're under a NDA. But I don't know. Grant Kirihope was pretty tricky with his words as he claimed he wasn't working on any Banjo-Kazooie music when asked a couple of weeks before they were announced in Smash. He not only knew, but he also composed the Spiral Mountain remix in their reveal trailer.
It's like how Ben Kenobi said it.
It's true from a certain point of view. He did make Banjo-Kazooie music, but it wasn't for Banjo-Kazooie in a sense.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Anything is possible with surprises from Sakurai and any collaboration. Really, the best surprise is expect the unexpected. Just don't let the leaks pull you in a potential false hope.
Screenshot_20210324-204501_YouTube.jpg

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Question about Matt’s interview, do you think he broke an NDA about Shantae as playable Smash? Like he did talked about, “I wonder how Nintendo will do with her hair whips, magic and animal transformations.” And, “I can’t deny or confirm Shantae is in Smash as playable.” I don’t know if that was an specific broken NDA but I guess I need an answer about this.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
That’s the thing though - you CAN lie under an NDA, but its meant to be things like-
“Is your character in smash?” “I’d really like them to be!”
As opposed to “Is your character in smash?” “No.” (2 months later) “Haha I lied!”

As for Grant Kirkhope, that’s exactly what my point is. He never said that Banjo wasn’t in smash, his exact words were “Don’t get your hopes up”. That’s vague, nonspecific, and very clearly something that would abide NDA without either outright lying or breaking contract. Not the same as “nothing has happened yet” or “still waiting on an invitation”.

Question about Matt’s interview, do you think he broke an NDA about Shantae as playable Smash? Like he did talked about, “I wonder how Nintendo will do with her hair whips, magic and animal transformations.” And, “I can’t deny or confirm Shantae is in Smash as playable.” I don’t know if that was an specific broken NDA but I guess I need an answer about this.
Nah, that’s all pretty safe. The second statement is 100% compliant since it’s literally a stock phrase to neither confirm nor deny anything, and the first is just a response posed as a hypothetical.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
That’s the thing though - you CAN lie under an NDA, but its meant to be things like-
“Is your character in smash?” “I’d really like them to be!”
As opposed to “Is your character in smash?” “No.” (2 months later) “Haha I lied!”

As for Grant Kirkhope, that’s exactly what my point is. He never said that Banjo wasn’t in smash, his exact words were “Don’t get your hopes up”. That’s vague, nonspecific, and very clearly something that would abide NDA without either outright lying or breaking contract. Not the same as “nothing has happened yet” or “still waiting on an invitation”.

Nah, that’s all pretty safe. The second statement is 100% compliant since it’s literally a stock phrase to neither confirm nor deny anything, and the first is just a response posed as a hypothetical.
Oh ok. I see

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, my reactions do a better job of conveying a point without looking extremely bizarre, but to each their own, I guess.

Anywho, Steam stuff arrived for SSS.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
So do y'all think we'll ever get a Shantae Figma? I hope so. And with all this Shantae merchandise popping up left from right, I certainly hope they get around to asking Figma, SH or Kai Arts to make a fully articulated Shantae figure.
Honestly, I'd be much more interested in that than a Nendoroid.

Which reminds me, is there any updates on that Totaku figure?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Honestly, I'd be much more interested in that than a Nendoroid.

Which reminds me, is there any updates on that Totaku figure?
Not yet.

The official website has figures from April 2020 labeled as "TBA", while the Twitter account hasn't been updated in a year. I'm not sure if the Totaku line as a whole has been cancelled, or if it's been put on hold due to the pandemic. (though the Instagram account seemingly deleting all of its photos doesn't seem like a great sign)

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
So do y'all think we'll ever get a Shantae Figma? I hope so. And with all this Shantae merchandise popping up left from right, I certainly hope they get around to asking Figma, SH or Kai Arts to make a fully articulated Shantae figure.
Just make sure you submitted to the Goodsmile survey to support Shantae! I’d take either a figma or nendo for sure, and the expressions and posing they can get on both styles would be great to see.

Dukefire

Smash Master
While some are thinking about the next nintendo direct. Remember that it played on February 17. So either May or June is the time for the next round of announcements.

Also, can't wait to finally get the physical GBC version.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sorry if we have learned about this already. Just figured if we haven't that some people would be happy to find out.

I already brought this up. :p

Here's hoping they actually stick to April for the release, though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry if we have learned about this already. Just figured if we haven't that some people would be happy to find out.

Finally. And after several months, it happens to perhaps come out in April right before E3. I pray this is a sign even though it must likely isn't.

MattX20

Smash Hero
At the very least, every Shantae game will be on one console for the first time ever, so that'll be a plus

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Finally. And after several months, it happens to perhaps come out in April right before E3. I pray this is a sign even though it must likely isn't.
With Monster Hunter Rise out now and slated to get free updates over the coming months, you gotta consider the collabs those games are known to get as well.

Just saying, materials from this guy can turn your cat into a genie...

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
With Monster Hunter Rise out now and slated to get free updates over the coming months, you gotta consider the collabs those games are known to get as well.

Just saying, materials from this guy can turn your cat into a genie...
Would Capcom collaborate with WayForward and Shantae after all these years? They didn't seem like they cared much about Shantae when they published her GBC game initially.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm still trying the Monster Hunter series with Generations on switch. I may think about getting rise later.

Also........
Screenshot_20210328-203315_YouTube.jpg

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Would Capcom collaborate with WayForward and Shantae after all these years? They didn't seem like they cared much about Shantae when they published her GBC game initially.
How is anyone besides the creators supposed to really care about a series before it's first game is even out?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://www.amazon.com/Art-Shantae-...eywords=shantae&qid=1617042244&s=books&sr=1-1
Shantae artbook has been delayed, yet again
to June 22 this time
and it wasn't even acknowledged on WF or Udon's social media
I knew all along that the goalpost would be moved. No way the artbook would be ready this soon. :rolleyes:

011.jpg

So, I have even more doubts about the placeholder date for Shantae GBC's Switch LRG release period.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, Arzest's disastrous release of Balan Wonderworld goes to show how a developer predominately making 2D games shouldn't necessarily rush into doing 3D games.

How is anyone besides the creators supposed to really care about a series before it's first game is even out?
Incidentally, there's a Robot Master Field Guide book for Mega Man X coming out this Summer, from Udon.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
It is another clue to use, but we are unsure for what the glitch is pointing to. Anything is possible, but there are too little crumbs to call.
Screenshot_20210324-204501_YouTube.jpg

Top Bottom