• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It appears Dark Pit is now a placeholder. I doubt it’s Shantae. Maybe this is for Master Chief because of the needler. I don’t know. https://t.co/mVeyjLQrUW?amp=1
As to be expected, character glitches mean something yet again, since he had one earlier this month. Still have to potentially wait a couple of months to see what this leads to, though.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
this Dark Pit glitch has been around since 2018

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Besides, I honestly doubt we'll be getting Master Chief in Smash, especially since Steve has been chosen over him as the Microsoft rep for FP2.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I see. Well someone is a clown thought we’ll get Master Chief. Not me. I also thought it could be Master Chief because I thought Dark Pit has start being a placeholder
Still waiting for the rumored Master Chief Collection Switch port to actually exist, then we'll talk about that.

Until then, these next couple of months will be a drag, I feel, so you won't see me on this thread much.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just make sure you submitted to the Goodsmile survey to support Shantae! I’d take either a figma or nendo for sure, and the expressions and posing they can get on both styles would be great to see.
Sorry bud, but when it comes down to supporting only one character in a situation like this, my loyalty goes to Goemon and nobody else. I voted for Goemon for the next Nendoroid as him or his franchise really doesn't have any figures or toys of any kind at all really so I must support all the way for Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja. I still love Shantae and her franchise though, but for me nothing comes before Goemon and the Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja franchise.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Sorry bud, but when it comes down to supporting only one character in a situation like this, my loyalty goes to Goemon and nobody else. I voted for Goemon for the next Nendoroid as him or his franchise really doesn't have any figures or toys of any kind at all really so I must support all the way for Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja. I still love Shantae and her franchise though, but for me nothing comes before Goemon and the Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja franchise.
I can respect that, plus he could pull off chibi proportions better.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I’ll respect that. 👍

Dukefire

Smash Master
If you still want to play Mario 35 vs or get Mario All Stars on digital Eshop, tomorrow is the final day.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
If you still want to play Mario 35 vs or get Mario All Stars on digital Eshop, tomorrow is the final day.
3D All-Stars or the original?

I'm playing the original on the NSO. I don't know if they're taking that off too.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
I mean something has to be shown next to Smash. I think you're looking too much into this one. (Even if I do think that Crash is still a strong possibility.)
Not really. I just thought that was interesting tease but on the other hand, I’m really sick of fans desperate for Crash in Smash. The producer of Bandai Namco works with Sakurai and Nintendo blocked some Crash fans due to harassments full of demands back in September. I don’t really blame him since they worked on Smash for years and the fans are all about, “Put this character in! I expect this character be next! This and that”. Like oh my god.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Not really. I just thought that was interesting tease but on the other hand, I’m really sick of fans desperate for Crash in Smash. The producer of Bandai Namco works with Sakurai and Nintendo blocked some Crash fans due to harassments full of demands back in September. I don’t really blame him since they worked on Smash for years and the fans are all about, “Put this character in! I expect this character be next! This and that”. Like oh my god.
You shouldn't condemn an entire fanbase because of only several bad eggs. Every fanbase has it's annoying people. Even Shantae.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
You shouldn't condemn an entire fanbase because of only several bad eggs. Every fanbase has it's annoying people. Even Shantae.
I know and I understand. I just think theyre just desperate is all and it did sound irritating. Not saying they’re terrible people and I know they’re other fans are like that too.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I know and I understand. I just think theyre just desperate is all and it did sound irritating. Not saying they’re terrible people and I know they’re other fans are like that too.
Yes, when those people spam Smash-related Twitter accounts with character requests, despite Sakurai confirming way back about FP2 being finalized over a year ago, its greatly annoying! A bunch of Sora fans did it too a while back, which actually got Harada angry enough to where he called them out himself on Twitter. But there's no point getting bothered by those people.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Yes, when those people spam Smash-related Twitter accounts with character requests, despite Sakurai confirming way back about FP2 being finalized over a year ago, its greatly annoying! A bunch of Sora fans did it too a while back, which actually got Harada angry enough to where he called them out himself on Twitter. But there's no point getting bothered by those people.
Yeah. I don’t know if the producer telling us they won’t be joining after blocking them like he blocked Doomguy, Arle, Jonesy, Sora and Crash fans thinking he’s telling us they’re not joining so don’t bother him. So yeah no going back.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I don’t know if the producer telling us they won’t be joining after blocking them like he blocked Doomguy, Arle, Jonesy, Sora and crash fans thinking he’s telling us they’re not joining so don’t bother him. So yeah no going back.
They could also just be blocked because the spam gets annoying to both the people running the accounts and also fans looking at said accounts. Its not like Sakurai is about to make a 15 minute youtube video into his webcam crying about twitter drama or harrassment, he's an adult. If it is clearly getting to be too much and is causing a disturbance, the guy will likely block them. They wont base a big inter-company deal regarding characters being in Smash or not by how idiots on twitter act.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm honestly inching to see how Ultimate's DLC cycle ends more than who's getting in last as this game has already given me some of my dream characters like K. Rool, Ridley, Banjo & Kazooie and Sephiroth. And while I would love to get Shantae, Goemon, Krystal or Dixie Kong in this game, I can wait until Smash 6 since Ultimate has spoiled me more than any other Smash game with bringing back all the veterans, almost every stage and giving me newcomers like K. Rool, Ridley, Banjo & Kazooie, Sephiroth, Simon and Dark Samus.

I've been a part of Smash speculation since the Smash 4 days on Reddit and Ultimate speculation here on SmashBoards has worn me out all the way. This speculation cycle will be my last rodeo. I will still be playing the Smash games after Ultimate, but I won't take part in speculation anymore after Ultimate's DLC is all wrapped up.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

It's kind of telling that we get to know when a game published by them is coming, but still not much of any word for the Shantae GBC stuff.

The Witcher started out as a series of novels, so it's no different than asking for a Lord of the Rings character.

Goddamn pop cultural osmosis...

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman

It's kind of telling that we get to know when a game published by them is coming, but still not much of any word for the Shantae GBC stuff.

The Witcher started out as a series of novels, so it's no different than asking for a Lord of the Rings character.

I like the Godzilla vs. Kong reference.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

Wait, The Witcher was a book series before a game series?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So it looks like we're going with a Dragon Ball theme for April Fool's Day, and they even changed my profile picture!

...I assume it's going to be changed back once April Fool's Day is done, right?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So it looks like we're going with a Dragon Ball theme for April Fool's Day, and they even changed my profile picture!

...I assume it's going to be changed back once April Fool's Day is done, right?
Correct, the theme is for funnies!

Note: Dragging the April Fools pic will not give you the picture. Rather it will give the non April Fools avatar.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god you fooled me. I swear I thought I was hacked into Dragon Ball Z but I realised it’s April Fools. You got me.

Top Bottom