• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
I'mma dip out for a while, too. A lot of topics in here are being recycled every few pages lately and it's become stagnant.

I'll check back when something significant happens.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'll do the same since VGA is coming in 2 weeks. Best to prepare by stay occupied on other stuff till the day comes.

Here is a shantae artwork for today
Artist: JaysonBlade
siren_cutie_by_jaysonblade_ddl9deo-pre.jpg

Also, not yet on the days count, but just roll with it.
Screenshot_20191122-195228_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok so from Fatmanonice he said that he insider circle he hears from haven’t heard her or any indie character but that’s not bad. Because if she was planned in the very furture then the wouldn’t hear anything about her or Nintendo is keeping her under the wraps like joker and terry before the snk leak

and don’t forget he also said there might be spirit promotions

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok so from Fatmanonice he said that he insider circle he hears from haven’t heard her or any indie character but that’s not bad. Because if she was planned in the very furture then the wouldn’t hear anything about her or Nintendo is keeping her under the wraps like joker and terry before the snk leak

and don’t forget he also said there might be spirit promotions
Not to mention that no character has been out and out said to not be in Smash at all from the leaker circles, just them saying it's not the 5th pass fighter.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
You know how people always use the "Shantae is 16" excuse to take down fan art and animations starting her? Well, it appears James Montagna discussed this with someone in Twitter DM.

He said that if she was at one point, she definitely isn't now. I wish places like DeviantART would realize this and stop allowing trolls to attack the community like this.

I firmly believe this became an issue due to people wanting her in Smash Ultimate.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
You know how people always use the "Shantae is 16" excuse to take down fan art and animations starting her? Well, it appears James Montagna discussed this with someone in Twitter DM.

He said that if she was at one point, she definitely isn't now. I wish places like DeviantART would realize this and stop allowing trolls to attack the community like this.

I firmly believe this became an issue due to people wanting her in Smash Ultimate.
I just dont care in general.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I didn't use to, but when I joined DeviantART and made some SFM renders of her on the beach, tanning, or any kind of summer activity that has her wearing her bikini, I get harassed by false flags.
Well that stinks. Hate aholes like that

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I didn't use to, but when I joined DeviantART and made some SFM renders of her on the beach, tanning, or any kind of summer activity that has her wearing her bikini, I get harassed by false flags.
Well yeah, because people are obsessed with the idea of "liking a fictional representation of conventional beauty standards is wrong when an arbitrary age below 18 is applied to it"

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Oh wow! So Shantae and the cast are slightly getting older through each game?

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'll leave this shantae artwork for tonight. Also, Happy Thanksgiving.
Artist: Omiza Zu
i_wish_for_you_to_be_free_by_omiza_zu_by_obscuredtitan_ddl81nf-pre.jpg

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was already implied Shantae didn't get her hair from her mother?
That's true. Otherwise she wouldn't have had her hair in PC and no fear of them chopping it off. The color is still likely from her Genie side and the pic is just too cute.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So it sounds luke Llyod is out of the running for fp5 if sabi is to be beleived. That leaves very few big name characters left. In terms of "leaks" only reimu and KOSMOS still live. Also no word that shantae is dead yet either...

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
So it sounds luke Llyod is out of the running for fp5 if sabi is to be beleived. That leaves very few big name characters left. In terms of "leaks" only reimu and KOSMOS still live. Also no word that shantae is dead yet either...
Explains why the main speculation page jumped up like 20 pages.

So how long until the game anniversary/TGA?

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Didn't Connerb0t2 (on this very page I believe) say that Fatmanonice said that he hasn't heard her or any indie character's names from the insider circle he hears from? If this is correct then hopefully we can expect Shantae to be a post-FP fighter if she's made it in at all.
Explains why the main speculation page jumped up like 20 pages.

So how long until the game anniversary/TGA?
The Game Awards take place on December 12 at 5:30pm Pacific Time or 8:30pm Eastern Time. For those in the UK like me, it'll take place on December 13 at 1:30am GMT.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
The cracks "supposedly" made by people on leaks are starting to get filled in. This is going to be one hell of a ride down after the long climb
Screenshot_20190803-100842_YouTube.jpg

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Didn't Connerb0t2 (on this very page I believe) say that Fatmanonice said that he hasn't heard her or any indie character's names from the insider circle he hears from? If this is correct then hopefully we can expect Shantae to be a post-FP fighter if she's made it in at all.
Don't forget that King K. Rool and Joker we're unknown to leakers before they were announced. I'd include Terry as well, but Nintendo told on themselves there.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Kinda figured that would happen. Nintendo knows how Smash fans will look for every little detail, even go far as to speculate planets aligning will reveal a new character so that title and logo Namco trademarked around the time of Terry's reveal seemed too convenient IMO. And if this DLC was all planned ahead, wouldn't they have trademarked those sooner? But I'm not making rules here don't get me wrong. If Lloyd still happens, its whatevs but someone will have to discuss the importance of timing with someone after this lol

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So god...how many characters have been deconfirmed in one way or antoher for Fp5?

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
So god...how many characters have been deconfirmed in one way or antoher for Fp5?
A lot, and Shantae still has a chance. Until someone like Sabi, Vergeben, or even Matt Bozon himself deconfirms her, she's still a possible candidate.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
If we go by trends by themselves, Shantae is (imo) deconfirmed in the pack, considering these are entirely new franchises introduced in the game and the Shantae rounds were spent the November 2018 stream. However, she has a substantially higher chance in the Post-FP DLC if this "spirit promotion" thing going on is correct. Plus, with regards to how Shovel Knight and Shantae are practically neck and neck, it seems fishy that only Shantae and Risky Boots are present while Shovel Knight brought over the other playable characters of his game, plus Shield Knight. If they wanted to fully "deconfirm" her spirit wise, wouldn't they have brought over Shantae's friends, too? Even after a year the game's been out, there hasn't been any silent additions of her friends through seasonal holidays (like Rotty with Halloween, Sky with the Spring Equinox, etc.). This potentially indicates to me that they haven't completely finalized her, and the Post-FP DLC will likely be where her friends will come in proper. Who knows, maybe with the potential Scuttle Town stage, they're thinking of cameos for her friends in the stage, ala Spiral Mountain?
That being said, with the newest Smash Spirits, it seems they took out RE in one swoop, taking with them the quintessential characters of the RE Series, outside of Claire and Ada. Namco seems to be the most likely company to get a new Smash fighter, since they only have Pac Man to their name.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
So far:

Geno
Doomslayer
Crash Bandicoot
Ryu Hayabusa
Tracer
Gordon Freeman
Scorpion
Dante
All Ubisoft characters
All Nippon Ichi Software Characters
All Falcom Characters
Lloyd Irving

Now people are vouching for KOS-MOS for FP5. Of course, there's a small part of me that likes to think it's Shantae but I'm more confident that she'll be post-FP DLC than I am that she'll be FP5.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Shantae does seem more likely as Post FP5 but still we can hope and dream for sooner.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I'm convinced WayForward has to be saving further news on Shantae and the Seven Sirens for the Game Awards. We're a day away before it's the last month of the year. They can only keep the default 2019 window up and distract everybody with awesome fanart on their Twitter for so long.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Thatd be something to get Shantae news of all things at the Game Awards.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Don't forget about the promare movie event on December 8 and 10. Though, I doubt that new infomation would show there.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Don't forget about the promare movie event on December 8 and 10. Though, I doubt that new infomation would show there.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Shantae ads in theaters AGAIN just a few days before the Game Awards.....

thinking meme.jpg

Dukefire

Smash Master
I wouldn't take coincidences even if they do appear like that.
Screenshot_20191130-124116_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
So based off the DM we can guess that even if Shantae started out at age 16 in the first game(Shantae) then we can make an estimate that all her adventures are at least a half year to a year apart. So even with the low ball estimates Shantae herself would 18 by Shantae and the Seven Sirens story or at most 20 years of age.

But glad that James nip that one in the bud.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So based off the DM we can guess that even if Shantae started out at age 16 in the first game(Shantae) then we can make an estimate that all her adventures are at least a half year to a year apart. So even with the low ball estimates Shantae herself would 18 by Shantae and the Seven Sirens story or at most 20 years of age.

She is to me the young age of 1X

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice

Plus we dont know if her genie half makes her age any slower.

Douglas J. Walker 94

Banned via Warnings
Could somebody please see about adding me as a supporter.

I would really love to see Shante make it in as the 5th fighter so we can finally demolish that dumb rule that says Spirits deconfirm character's.

Her being in the game also makes more since when compared to an indie character like Steve From Minecraft and Reimu.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So Vergeben just said its not a Namco or level 5 character... this leaves like no one left thats a big name. Shantae, Reimu, Pheonix Wright, and some 1st party

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So Vergeben just said its not a Namco or level 5 character... this leaves like no one left thats a big name. Shantae, Reimu, Pheonix Wright, and some 1st party
I know its Vergeben and Sabi and all, but damn do I enjoy their supposed leaks when it helps OUR case lol!

To put it in perspective out of this 80+ collage I made, assuming no characters from currently repped series, no ATs, no mii costume characters or series, no super unlikely picks (ex. Heavy, Gex, Freddy Fazbear in that pic) no 1st parties, and ALL the company deconfirmations are true. that means onyl ELEVEN of them are still in the running.

Smash Ultimate DLC Potentials Final.png

Reimu, Phoenix Wright, Saber, Amaterasu, Earthworm Jim, Morrigan, 2B, Sakura Shinguji, Arle, Geno (I put him as exception due to his "history" with Smash) Sora (He's Disney) and Shantae.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Hmm? No Namco? I'm sorry, but that sounds very fishy... Like, it makes more sense with consideration of the TGA coming up. A big Namco character can breach some big waves of hype, and yet Verge and the others say "no Namco" and all that? This doesn't sound right to me.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
It just means what it means: no Namco for 5th much as I would've liked to see someone from that side too.

Top Bottom