• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
According to a contact of Sabi's, it looks like the Mii leak's most likely looking fake, guess you were right KB.

Well, at least it didn't impact much, but it's good for us. Those playing with fans' wishes can go burn in hell though. At this rate, we'll eventually get a faker who can replicate the entire game on a quantum level.

We have enough crumbs to make a whole loaf! Although, a whole video with Shantae/Daisy is a scenario I can't imagine. Would be cool, but I don't know what the context would be or how it would play out.

November 2018, perfectchaos83 of GameFAQs forums notes:
"[Along with Matt's recent following of Sakurai on Twitter,] He seems to have recently followed Funko too. That's a bit interesting."

Well now I'm just flat-out Ret-2-Go!
Well, both of them were born on Game Boy models, right? It'd be cute if it was done in the style of the Duck Hunt trailer.

Also...

Every nasty comment I've ever made about Reddit Knight...

Has been utterly correct. That bunch absolutely detests Shantae regardless of the circumstances under which she's discussed. I would love more pogojumping action but not like this (didn't have to be Ducktales 3, either). Not with these scathing fans, not with this concept.
The only solace we've got right now is that SK is no longer stuck with just one game, a problem that's pretty much put the brakes on his Ultimate chances.

Those guys have no sense of shovelry.

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Well, both of them were born on Game Boy models, right? It'd be cute if it was done in the style of the Duck Hunt trailer.
SML Daisy was wildly different compared to GBC Shantae. Several times taller. You'd have to do something like...Super...Mario Maker...2...amiibo costumes GUYS, that would be WILD if they connected her with Daisy promoting an SML theme for SMM2.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I dont think sabi outroght said his source said its fake, they said their sources have not been able to make any sense of it. They think it may be gake but it would have been a very intense and hard to make fake. We have seem that before though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, at least it's not blurry. That is usually the biggest red flag.

SML Daisy was wildly different compared to GBC Shantae. Several times taller. You'd have to do something like...Super...Mario Maker...2...amiibo costumes GUYS, that would be WILD if they connected her with Daisy promoting an SML theme for SMM2.
That'd be awesome timing, SMM2 could use a little more content.

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
If it does turn out to be real, I wouldn't be shocked. Surprised, yes, shocked, no. The M hat would be disappointing but the C is solid.

That'd be awesome timing, SMM2 could use a little more content.
It's flat-out missing things from the first game. Amiibo outfits aside, it's missing Charging Chucks and other basic components. Makes me think that more is coming.

Last edited:

moraven116

Smash Rookie
Random note here, but it's nice to have an area with likeminded folks. The smash fandom is extremely toxic. I'll never understand why people think bashing another fandom serves any real purpose.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I know this is just mainly wishful thinking on my part. However does anyone else find it strange how Wayforward has been so mum about Seven Sirens and it's release date? I mean take River City Girls for instance. It was announced in April, given a release date in July, and launched in September. Shantae 5 was announced in March and has just been slated as releasing in 2019. Since part of it is playable on the apple arcade, I would assume it's in a playable state. It makes me wonder if they're waiting on something specific? A Nintendo direct, a nindy direct, or something else entirely?
WF usually show their stuff on their terms. So, it makes the drops unpredictable. Though, WF has been quiet for Shantae and the Seven Sirens since PAX West 2019 and the Part 1 release for Apple Arcade.

In short, WF is working hard to make sure Shantae has the best experiencing her vacation (work) with her friends and audience.
The announcement of extra fighters and the start of WayForward's silence on further Seven Sirens news weren't too far apart. And with the Game Awards nearing, makes ya wonder things.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Imagine if we got Shantae and also mii costumes from her series.

Dukefire

Smash Master
What if they start with the Mii costume first then the real smash trailer for shantae?

Its a troll move, but the King K Rool and Banjo Kazooie trailer did that gag before, but under one span of the trailer itself

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Random note here, but it's nice to have an area with likeminded folks. The smash fandom is extremely toxic. I'll never understand why people think bashing another fandom serves any real purpose.
I know, right? We're supposed to be in this together, not away from each other.

Not from Shantae's series, but I would actually LOVE a Patricia Wagon Mii costume.
It'd be nice for me to see spirits of Finn and Guppi from Xtreme Sports, seeing as that's one of the first games Matt drew for (especially since their artwork's been updated for the 3DS rerelease ad).

Last edited:

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Like who? Brawler Rotty and Bolo with Sword Fighter Risky? I personally rather have a ton of music with the prayer for a Squid Baron Assist Trophy. (To be fair, I also rather have no Steve but a stage and creeper AT for Minecraft).

If they tapped into more Wayforward properties, I guess the Mighty Switch Force chick for gunner and River City Girls Brawlers, since I don't know their older non-Duck Tales properties well enough. There's a cat girl something.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Ha! Are we about to get Swordfighter Bolo, Gunner Sky (Wrench-headed arm cannon), and Brawler Rottytops? Because that's fantastic, if so.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I got a question. Wouldn't the statement by Sakurai about CERO, Palutena, and Mai with the revelation that guns can affect the CERO rating also hinder the Doom Marine's chance of getting in Smash? If that's the case, there's going to be so many angry comments about it, and it might also take out the Cacodemon/Mallow leak if we believe that the Cacodemon must be in with Doom Marine.

The reason why Joker got to keep his gun was because in diegetic terms, the guns Joker uses in Persona 5 are either airsoft guns or model guns given more or less power due to his Persona within Mementos. While Doom Marine has more fantastical guns, like the Plasma Rifle and the BFG-9000, among other weaponry in Doom 2016, he's been most famous with his pistol, shotguns, and chainsaws, alongside the Plasma Rifle and BFG-9000.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
I got a question. Wouldn't the statement by Sakurai about CERO, Palutena, and Mai with the revelation that guns can affect the CERO rating also hinder the Doom Marine's chance of getting in Smash? If that's the case, there's going to be so many angry comments about it, and it might also take out the Cacodemon/Mallow leak if we believe that the Cacodemon must be in with Doom Marine.

The reason why Joker got to keep his gun was because in diegetic terms, the guns Joker uses in Persona 5 are either airsoft guns or model guns given more or less power due to his Persona within Mementos. While Doom Marine has more fantastical guns, like the Plasma Rifle and the BFG-9000, among other weaponry in Doom 2016, he's been most famous with his pistol, shotguns, and chainsaws, alongside the Plasma Rifle and BFG-9000.
I mean, Corrin's sword is a chainsword. Give him a Plasma Rifle and a chainsaw, physical combat for the rest, and that's pretty good to go to me.

Also, make him the first fighter to not have taunts. That would just be classic Doom stuff.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Explosives, ballistic and fantastic guns are fine, and it's not like Sakurai can't combine aspects from various games in a character's career. The "no guns" rule is the obstacle that causes the least amount of problems towards Doom Slayer.

It's just real-life military pistols that would cause a problem, and even so...:ultsnake:

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So about the MILK leak, could Shantae clothes on an uncolored model without seeing the face look japanese?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
So about the MILK leak, could Shantae clothes on an uncolored model without seeing the face look japanese?
I don't think that's anything we can really answer. What one person recognizes from a quick glance can register as something very different then what someone else would notice. Think of it as an inkblot test. When you aren't sure what you are looking at, your mind tries to make sense of it and it will always be biased to what it is more familiar with as those will be the first references it uses. when it is a quick glance, the mind doesn't have time to go through all the expanse of your memory to see if something matches up, so it is very prone to latching onto the closest thing it can reach in time. So the glance they got could have been very clear and they noticed right away that it looked very Japanese, or it could have been a hurried look and what they remembered seemed like it could have been japanese because that is what they are more likely to recognize.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
If it's not Rachel/Ayane as a Hayabusa alt or someone from Suda's franchises, I really think it's just a Nakoruru misread.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
If it's not Rachel/Ayane as a Hayabusa alt or someone from Suda's franchises, I really think it's just a Nakoruru misread.
but they and MR. H said they did not know if it was Nakoruru or not, and we know aleast on their info now its not supposedl Nakoruru.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hope you're all doing well. :)

Still rooting for Shantae. Just haven't been on the forums much ;p

b41eda1d467c8ba959d5247c84d406c9.gif

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
but they and MR. H said they did not know if it was Nakoruru or not, and we know aleast on their info now its not supposedl Nakoruru.
The only way it's Shantae is if the top being skimpy was considered "a fighting character" and if Sakurai and his team added Japanese-style trim to her pants. Even then, neither of those are really Japanese in style. Maybe the pants. But not the top.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
And it could be that the black triangle and upper outfit have been Smashified, it's all just hard to say. Still don't see where the bird comes into play.
it was never said to be a bird.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
it was never said to be a bird.
Well, somebody said a bird was involved with this same character earlier in this thread. Even so, it seems to be a lot of possibilities without the bird or pretty much no one with the bird.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Well, somebody said a bird was involved with this same character earlier in this thread. Even so, it seems to be a lot of possibilities without the bird or pretty much no one with the bird.
The original term was "flying weapon" Bird didn't come into the mix until people started guessing and Nakoruru saying that the weapon in question could have been her hawk. At least that's how I remember it all.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
The original term was "flying weapon" Bird didn't come into the mix until people started guessing and Nakoruru saying that the weapon in question could have been her hawk. At least that's how I remember it all.
Let's go with that then.
"Flying weapon." Flying weapon. Hm. That's...better but not terribly helpful, because then it could be Sakura Shinguji flying her mech or something like Mei Ling-Zhou and her flying drone. 2B also has a drone and could be Smashified with a costume that's a mix of Palutena and Bayonetta, but I don't know if I'd call it "Japanese" inspired in any way. I'm sure there are plenty of other potentialities.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Let's go with that then.
"Flying weapon." Flying weapon. Hm. That's...better but not terribly helpful, because then it could be Sakura Shinguji flying her mech or something like Mei Ling-Zhou and her flying drone. 2B also has a drone and could be Smashified with a costume that's a mix of Palutena and Bayonetta, but I don't know if I'd call it "Japanese" inspired in any way. I'm sure there are plenty of other potentialities.
I think most people interpreted it as meaning something like a thrown projectile rather than armor for flying in. A lot of people suggested Mai for her fans and shortly after we found Shantae had picked up a new boomerang weapon for 7 Sirens.

D

Deleted member

I think most people interpreted it as meaning something like a thrown projectile rather than armor for flying in. A lot of people suggested Mai for her fans and shortly after we found Shantae had picked up a new boomerang weapon for 7 Sirens.
Or the flying weapon could be her pike ball for her neutral special

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible she has the HGH ninja outfit for an alternate costume (like maybe both pirate gear and ninja garb)? That with her bouncy idle with the new boomerang (or spiked ball) could maybe do it.

Added:
Or the flying weapon could be her pike ball for her neutral special
Personally, I think fireball would be more beneficial and be cuter for Kirby to do. At least for neutral. I always assumed they would make pike ball the down sp since they could reuse code from mega man's leaf things.

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
You know, the vaguer a fortune-teller's fortunes are, the more likely they are to be technically true.
This. The real Ken photo leak was specific and not particularly "out there." And for the "Ken" M.O. to be repeated would be dangerous for the first actual leaker, IMO.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So, uh...we don't have any "leaks" that are still standing and mention Shantae being playable, do we?

I feel like there's a new one every week so it's pretty hard to keep up with it all.

Top Bottom