• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
SO, how do you guys feel about Mii Costume theory basically being disproven now? I'm glad because it opens up a lot more possibilities and opens up a path for our girl to get in.

Also got to wonder about Geno. Like why not include the costume? It was made to give the Geno fans something and would be easy enough to include. I do think If they wanted to really end the Fighter Pass with a bang, Gen would be one of the most likely options.

I could see a really good double reveal trailer for Shantae and Geno since they both are spirits and both connected to granting wishes.

Dukefire

Smash Master
SO, how do you guys feel about Mii Costume theory basically being disproven now? I'm glad because it opens up a lot more possibilities and opens up a path for our girl to get in.

Also got to wonder about Geno. Like why not include the costume? It was made to give the Geno fans something and would be easy enough to include. I do think If they wanted to really end the Fighter Pass with a bang, Gen would be one of the most likely options.

I could see a really good double reveal trailer for Shantae and Geno since they both are spirits and both connected to granting wishes.
That sounds like a big wish to be granted. Hope to the two on making it in.

Also, my opinion on Hero. He is a mix of Link, Robin and Zelda on balance for every situation if you can adapt.

While his MP can be his downfall if he doesn't have enough, being aggressive on damage can make it up and possible for mind games. Though, command hub is more tricky to perform mid battle if the opponent is in your face or is faster then your reaction. With practice, Hero can be the one to cut through any enemy that stands your way.

Also, here is a shantae artwork for tonight.
Artist: slusheepop
IMG_20190728_020118.jpg

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Some talk going around the boards that the sudden T rating Smash got during the Hero presentation may possibly refer to one of the last DLC characters as nothing Hero showed was that different from everything else content-wise when the game was rated just E. Take from that what you will.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Oh hey, you're right it went from E 10+ to this:
ss+(2019-07-31+at+10.25.03).jpg

I'm honestly not too familiar with how ratings work though, but interesting non-the-less.
Wonder what caused it to be changed.

EDIT: After thinking about it I think it might be because of something like Kamikazee? Either way I doubt it's because of something in advance, that just seems weird to me.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
View attachment 233057
I'm honestly not too familiar with how ratings work though, but interesting non-the-less.

EDIT: After thinking about it I think it might be because of something like Kamikazee? Either way I doubt it's because of something in advance, that just seems weird to me.
We have characters like Bayonetta and it was still E10 so the move Kamikaze is not enough to warrant that. Especially when Joker release with a move literally called "GUN".

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
SO, how do you guys feel about Mii Costume theory basically being disproven now?
I've paid 0 attention to it. So no comment.

Some talk going around the boards that the sudden T rating Smash got during the Hero presentation may possibly refer to one of the last DLC characters as nothing Hero showed was that different from everything else content-wise when the game was rated just E. Take from that what you will.
Bears slamming birds may have invoked the T-rating. It's truly a sore sight.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
View attachment 233057

It’s because Dragon Quest is rated T, and the games were somewhat advertised in the video. I think Ultimate is still E10+.

Last edited:

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
It’s because Dragon Quest is rated T, and the games were somewhat advertised in the video. I think Ultimate is still E10+.
Yeah that would explain the double ratings. Normally it's just the one. Makes sense to me.
Still a bit odd to see for just a mention though. But in the end advertizing is still advertizing.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Yeah that would explain the double ratings. Normally it's just the one. Makes sense to me.
Still a bit odd to see for just a mention though. But in the end advertizing is still advertizing.
Wait was Persona 5 content had the same thing? Can anyone check?

EDIT: I checked and nope they didn't change the rating for Joker's presentation. Even though he is from a game rated M for Mature. So yeah something else is in the works that requires them to update the age rating.

Last edited:

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Wait was Persona 5 content had the same thing? Can anyone check?
Nah. The 'new content approaching'-trailer for Joker didn't really 'advertize' Persona like they did DQ 11S for Hero. So the rating is just E10+ on Joker's trailer.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Except they did advertise him because they do say "Character from Persona 5". That is advertising. Basically "this character comes from this game and if you want to know more than go play that game".

So no they should have gave the presentation a rating "E10 - M". So I still think it is something else.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Fun fact: Joker's all out attack in Smash is sparkles since the original source has Blood on the Show's over.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Except they did advertise him because they do say "Character from Persona 5". That is advertising. Basically "this character comes from this game and if you want to know more than go play that game".

So no they should have gave the presentation a rating "E10 - M". So I still think it is something else.
To me in Joker's trailer they just point out where he's from. Basically just "Smash Bros x P5". In the Hero trailer they take a moment to point out a specific game and "hope you look forward to it". One is clearly trying to sell, the other not so much.
Either way, it's pretty much the only way the seperate listed ratings make sense to me.
I see nothing in the trailer of Hero or his pack's contents that would make me think it got rated T.
Maybe the slime-hat's jiggle is too suggestive or something.... idk.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am confused about the rating myself. I mean i guess the word kamikaze could push it to T, but that seems pushing it. And in the video they only mentioned the game but are we sure this rating is for smash or both games shown in the video, even if it was just a title

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To me in Joker's trailer they just point out where he's from. Basically just "Smash Bros x P5". In the Hero trailer they take a moment to point out a specific game and "hope you look forward to it". One is clearly trying to sell, the other not so much.
Either way, it's pretty much the only way the seperate listed ratings make sense to me.
I see nothing in the trailer of Hero or his pack's contents that would make me think it got rated T.
Maybe the slime-hat's jiggle is too suggestive or something.... idk.
Well, one of the characters is a poof, but even then there's no way of knowing that at all unless you play the game.

That being said, here's a high-quality ****post: https://twitter.com/chuchumcgoo/status/1155961564312195074

zferolie

Smash Hero
Again guys, don't expect any smash news at evo. It could happen, but nintendo has never done any big news there before. Times can change of course... but best to keep expectations low.

In the meantime, have a new shantae stage!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Again guys, don't expect any smash news at evo. It could happen, but nintendo has never done any big news there before. Times can change of course... but best to keep expectations low.

In the meantime, have a new shantae stage!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
DAMN ALL the Shantae stages in Smash are japanese creations!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I just realized, wouldn't Matt have KNOWN at least to some extent Shantae wouldnt have a chance as DLC if the negotiations didnt involve them when she got her spirit?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I just realized, wouldn't Matt have KNOWN at least to some extent Shantae wouldnt have a chance as DLC if the negotiations didnt involve them when she got her spirit?
That's if the were choosing the DLC characters at the same time as the spirits. Again, Sakurai has gone on record saying that he doesn't even think about DLC until the game is practically done. If this is true, then negotiations for 3rd party spirits would have taken place before he even decided on what characters to include for DLC, and those negotiations would happen even later.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So River City girls is at EVO. Makes sense since Arksystem works is there. Don't put on your tinfoil hats just yet

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
That's if the were choosing the DLC characters at the same time as the spirits. Again, Sakurai has gone on record saying that he doesn't even think about DLC until the game is practically done. If this is true, then negotiations for 3rd party spirits would have taken place before he even decided on what characters to include for DLC, and those negotiations would happen even later.
With NDA, the creators under it could lead fans to a misdirection since agreement is to not spill the beans on ruining the surprise.

Though, with WF history on the stuff for Smash Bros, its difficult to tell if what is true or not due to a rough hit back at Smash 4 and its final presentation with Bayonetta.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, I've been a little doubtful of Shantae's chances since the announcement of her Spirit. But if someone like Geno get's in (AKA who is also a Spirit), than my faith would grow stronger for her chances again. I would go as far to say that Shantae is a lock for DLC if the Spirits deconfirmation fan rule get's broken.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
You know, I've been a little doubtful of Shantae's chances since the announcement of her Spirit. But if someone like Geno get's in (AKA who is also a Spirit), than my faith would grow stronger for her chances again. I would go as far to say that Shantae is a lock for DLC if the Spirits deconfirmation fan rule get's broken.
You know, the lack of a Geno Mii Costume, and how they may want to end on a super hype for the fans and Sakurai, I could see Geno still making it in. I don't think he would have the normal SE music issue as Nintendo owns the rights to that stuff mostly. Plus we know Sakurai has wanted Geno since Melee, same with Banjo.

Geno and Shantae are both super high on man fan polls and want lists. I think this season pass is mostly filled with fan wants(DQ from the JP side, Banjo from sakurai and everyone). Shantae and Geno as the last 2 fighters would be pretty dope.

Top Bottom