• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hmm, your avatar's made me wonder...

Which of the Persona 5 cast are gonna get spirits, alongside Joker? :)
Probably everyone who was in that trailer, at the very least I could easily see all the playable characters as well as Igor and the twins.

I’m curious how’d their spirit battles would work and who their puppet fighters would be.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
All this talk of DLC should be enough justification to post this Daitomodachi video featuring our girl.

It's a bit... bouncy.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
If we're talking persona spirits I've been bouncing some ideas with some friends and came up with this:
Morgana as :ultpichu: with :ultincineroar: as Zorro ( is you have mentioned)
Ryuji as:ultroy: with amped blunt weapons and:ultkrool:as Captain Kidd
Ann as:ultzss: with :ultpalutena: as Carmen (preferably red)
Yusuke as :ultmarth: with:ultgreninja: as Goemon
Makoto as female :ultrobin: with :ultwario: spamming side-b as Johanna
Futaba as female:ultinkling:with:ultrob: as Necronomicon (maybe give him a jetpack or something)
Haru as :ultpeach: and:ultdaisy: as Milady (tip)
and Pancake Man as :ultrichter: and:ultpit: as robin hood who gets replaced by:ultdarkpit:(Loki) when he dies ( Idon't know if anyone else would fit for him)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If we're talking persona spirits I've been bouncing some ideas with some friends and came up with this:
Futaba as female:ultinkling:with:ultrob: as Necronomicon (maybe give him a jetpack or something)
and Pancake Man as :ultrichter: and:ultpit: as robin hood who gets replaced by:ultdarkpit:(Loki) when he dies ( Idon't know if anyone else would fit for him)
Pretty impressive as well, surprised we both came up with the Morgana idea

Though I’ll have to dock points for having :ultmarth: instead of :ultchrom: for Yusuke. I don’t care if it’ll only be relevant to English audiences. I love meta humor!!

If Celica was in the game I’d have a difficult time deciding between her or :ultinkling: for Futaba!!

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Why is everyone so much better at this than me? :p

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
We know 1 thing, that the dlc will be all new series with no playable reps, if we take what reggie said
I'm not so sure about that, you can still get new characters, stages and songs from existing franchises too. Reggie only said the playable characters would be brand new... which is obvious, since "Everyone is Here".

Since we're talking Persona, could Bolo, Sky & Rottytops qualify as Phantom Thieves for what they managed to do for Shantae?

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Pretty impressive as well, surprised we both came up with the Morgana idea

Though I’ll have to dock points for having :ultmarth: instead of :ultchrom: for Yusuke. I don’t care if it’ll only be relevant to English audiences. I love meta humor!!

If Celica was in the game I’d have a difficult time deciding between her or :ultinkling: for Futaba!!
Fair enough I just thought of Yuskue's calm and polite demeanor and immediately thought of Marth.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Popping in between game sessions to say, even though I'm confused that they'd go for Blue Daisy as the base, I like the pun going in Risky's actual spirit effect.

Spawn in battle with a Bob-Bomb, a RISKY tactic indeed.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
still pulling for shantae
We all are, even if some of us get a little too overdramatically negative at times.

On a side note, I missed getting the collector's edition of Pirate's Curse...still went ahead and bought the regular version though.

And also, regarding Smash, I love it to pieces with two minor things. First, I find it so weird that the victory screen is now "[FIGHTER] wins!" instead of "This game's winner is...[FIGHTER]!" Second, why is it this is the second entry in a row where the title isn't shouted at us? Heck, just in the overview trailer, Xander Mobus gave at least two perfect versions of him saying "SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE!" They couldn't have used one of those?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I have been going in and out of thinking for shantae so it won't bother me too much. It will prevent it from irritating my brain while enjoying Ultimate

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
I am FINALLY done with finals. Woo!
Congrats man. I hope you did well on your tests.
My finals are next week so I have to hold on for another painful 7 days before I can go home and finally get to play the game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So now that we know that Risky is using Daisy as a Puppet Fighter, it actually spawned this idea for Shantae’s Classic Mode boss

Phase 1 would have you defeat Daisy, then after Daisy is freed, a Tinkerbat capsule lands behind her and the real Risky pops out and challenges the two of them, so you fight Risky with Daisy as your partner.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I think something needs to be said...Shantae is a tier above Giga Bowser Spirit so canonically...Shantae is stronger than Giga Bowser

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if I haven't been active here for awhile guys. I've been busy playing Smash Ultimate.

And with the talk about Joker from Persona being the first DLC character I heard they're focusing on getting more third parties for the Ultimate DLC which could mean Shantae might be within those DLC waves.

What do you guys think?

zferolie

Smash Hero
So bad news for me is two of my three girls Dixie and Cynthia won’t make it this round. Though good news is that it looks like Shantae has a pretty good shot.
I think there will be a second round of dlc at least, and maybe even other free/not tied to the fighters pass. right now, the character select screen can fit 3 more fighters till it needs to shrink to fit more. with the 6 coming(Plant plus fighters pass) that means there will be just 3 characters in the bottom row... thats a lot of empty spaces to mostly fill...

All this talk of DLC should be enough justification to post this Daitomodachi video featuring our girl.

It's a bit... bouncy.
I was meaning to link that earlier haha.

I'm not so sure about that, you can still get new characters, stages and songs from existing franchises too. Reggie only said the playable characters would be brand new... which is obvious, since "Everyone is Here".

Since we're talking Persona, could Bolo, Sky & Rottytops qualify as Phantom Thieves for what they managed to do for Shantae?
That was just make take away from it. if can go either way. However... i think there will be another season pass, and maybe I am getting my hopes up, but there could be fighters released not tied to the pass(most likely echos tieing into game releases) maybe 1 or 2 will not be echos for big name titles like that girl from the new FE game. If we get a Mother collection released next year maybe we get a Porky and/or Ninten echo character. If KI:U gets a re-release or remake, Medusa incoming? Maybe a new F-Zero or a port of GX gives us Black shadow echo.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think there will be a second round of dlc at least, and maybe even other free/not tied to the fighters pass. right now, the character select screen can fit 3 more fighters till it needs to shrink to fit more. with the 6 coming(Plant plus fighters pass) that means there will be just 3 characters in the bottom row... thats a lot of empty spaces to mostly fill...

That was just make take away from it. if can go either way. However... i think there will be another season pass, and maybe I am getting my hopes up, but there could be fighters released not tied to the pass(most likely echos tieing into game releases) maybe 1 or 2 will not be echos for big name titles like that girl from the new FE game. If we get a Mother collection released next year maybe we get a Porky and/or Ninten echo character. If KI:U gets a re-release or remake, Medusa incoming? Maybe a new F-Zero or a port of GX gives us Black shadow echo.
I don’t think they’d worry too much about the layout, but I’m kinda hoping for another round of DLC as well.

Also if we get characters to promote new games, I think it might be better to use previously established characters that have fans and a following if possible/applicable instead of new ones. As much as I’d like to see Edelgard, it’s possible she’d be in the same boat as Corrin back in Smash 4.

Pauline is a 4* spirit. She must be hiding some insane power.
I’m starting to think the ranks are more of a status symbol rather than an measure of their power.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Pauline is a 4* spirit. She must be hiding some insane power.
There's a reason why Cranky Kong only kidnapped her ONCE. the same Cranky who can do what DK and Diddy do in one hour, without losing a life while doing it perfectly.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Okay guys it seems the dataminers/early get gamers who said Cloud wasn't in WoL were telling lies. I found Cloud in that mode and have been using him since.

D

Deleted member

The Shantae spirits are only two? (Herself and Risky Boots, i think?)

Because i got all the Shantae spirits if that’s the case.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don’t think they’d worry too much about the layout, but I’m kinda hoping for another round of DLC as well.

Also if we get characters to promote new games, I think it might be better to use previously established characters that have fans and a following if possible/applicable instead of new ones. As much as I’d like to see Edelgard, it’s possible she’d be in the same boat as Corrin back in Smash 4.

I’m starting to think the ranks are more of a status symbol rather than an measure of their power.
Yeah, Balloon Fighter is ranked higher than Alraune, the current boss of Inferno in Bayonetta 2 (and we all know the ridiculous standards of that game), and Infinite, the guy that pretty much single-handedly trounced a whole army in Sonic Forces, is only a two-star spirit, among other things.

Top Bottom