• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Some of you are getting too worked up. So here's another cute Japanese Shantae fanart.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dukefire

Smash Master
I don't have anything for tonight

Though, I'll leave this image

Made by RainyAzureHoodie

tumblr_pf0qvviuUd1szkwc6o2_540.jpg

D

Deleted member

Hey guys before we post a picture of shantae.....

Let’s Make sure it’s appropriate I got a warning about the one I posted before editing it so yeah

Let’s all be carful what picture we all post

Last edited by a moderator:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
While i wouldnt mind waluigi being playable (Im curious to see howd theyd handle him) I dont want him to be a dlc fighter because people are sending death threats to nintendo. If waluigi gets in, I want it to be because the smash bros team wanted to make a unique and original with a fan character, not because a bunch of people are throwing tantrums.
That's exactly it. Promote him in the next Smash game if they want to, but don't pander to ridiculous fan demands. If somebody genuinely feels like they should 'kill' somebody because a character isn't in a game that they are supposedly a fan of, then those people need locking up - it's a crime to threaten someones life and made even more disgusting by the context.
From my point of view, Waluigi would be a cool character and has potential for a unique moveset, but I'm not missing him from this game.

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
This is bad. Fan Favoritism was our last chance of ever getting in over Steve, and now we don't even have that.
Don't be ridiculous. Fact that Shantae's that high on the list is good for her. And Nintendo's smart enough to not pick Steve.

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
This is bad. Fan Favoritism was our last chance of ever getting in over Steve, and now we don't even have that.
Ah statistics. Although statistics can be a very valuble tool to help paint a picture representative of a population, it is very important to consider a few key things. Firstly is the sample size, 6000 voter is quite a bit. The big question here is "Is this representative of the whole population?" Now it is hard to say exactly how large the population of smash players is (Casual and Hardcore) but we do know the smash reddit size which is 397,350 (At 11:35 am in the UK). So 6,000 people only makes about 1.5% of the smash reddit community. So although Shantae may be lower than Steve in this poll, more polls of the same nature with a different set of voters would be required to see where these different characters lie in terms of ranks. Secondly, assuming it was only posted on reddit, it somewhat ignores other groups (such as Smashboards, GameFaqs, ect).

TL:DR Although this poll has Steve higher than Shantae, the poll only consists of about 1.5% of the Smash Reddit, and even less of the whole smash community.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Some of you are getting too worked up. So here's another cute Japanese Shantae fanart.

I don't know if the Shantae fanbase in Japan is of the cult variety, but I do know that such a fanbase was and still is good enough for Earthbound.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I hate fan polls. It's never accurate. A lot of people either doesn't vote or doesn't care, and vote random characters just to be trolls.
Shantae series is not nearly as known as Minecraft and yet she is right up here next to him in the fan poll. That's amazing for me.
Plus, remove the assist trophies and poof she is 8th.
She really puts up an amazing fight in this male-dominated video game universe, against these other super famous characters !
I'm proud of her ^_^

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hehehehe

Im starting to love the new bowsette

Thanks again Nintendo:laugh:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
All I can say is I hope Sakurai comes out soon in the upcoming famitsu article about whether or not spirits do in fact deconfirm the character or not. The whole smash community can't seem to agree on that topic. Of course I want the latter of no de confirmation so Shantae still has a chance as DLC.

D

Deleted member

All I can say is I hope Sakurai comes out soon in the upcoming famitsu article about whether or not spirits do in fact deconfirm the character or not. The whole smash community can't seem to agree on that topic. Of course I want the latter of no de confirmation so Shantae still has a chance as DLC.
:ultmewtwo: And :ultlucas: said hi btw

zferolie

Smash Hero
Not shantae related but found this funny

EDIT Some news from Leakypandy

Always felt this could be happening as well. I can easily see them adding more spirits, mii costumes, and character costumes as well. Think maybe they could add echos as well?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Always felt this could be happening as well. I can easily see them adding more spirits, mii costumes, and character costumes as well. Think maybe they could add echos as well?
...so, Rotty spirit, for DLC? :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Sigh* man this thread is soooo slow nothing new

Oh well looks like we’ll have to wait until dec 7

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I just want Sakurai to reveal who the 5 are. When we thought that nothing was set in stone, then it seemed reasonable that they would reveal them as they got the information, and it would make Sakurai's comment about "Hoping players will buy the pass only if they think it will be worth while..." make sense.

However, if they already know who the five are then they should tell us soon otherwise they risk upsetting the fanbase. I get that he wants to make each reveal special, but I think the smarter move would be to show the trailer for the first DLC fighter and along with it announce who the other four will be.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

Interested in the idea of new modes. Hmm, the thought of new story campaigns amongst those modes is certainly intriguing.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I just want Sakurai to reveal who the 5 are. When we thought that nothing was set in stone, then it seemed reasonable that they would reveal them as they got the information, and it would make Sakurai's comment about "Hoping players will buy the pass only if they think it will be worth while..." make sense.

However, if they already know who the five are then they should tell us soon otherwise they risk upsetting the fanbase. I get that he wants to make each reveal special, but I think the smarter move would be to show the trailer for the first DLC fighter and along with it announce who the other four will be.
By not revealing the five DLC fighters they can use each reveal as a means of padding out time within directs and events throughout the next year and can also guarantee that there's continual interest in the game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't trust LeakyPandy, but that stuff makes sense anyway.

tbh I'm expecting all their other statements to be wrong, Skull Kid is an AT and doesn't do any damaging attacks like a boss would (I think he does the same things, just with a nicer animation; he made all players invisible in one video), and their date for the last Smash Direct was a safe guess that ended up wrong anyway lol.

I've seen people say they steal from others' sources but idk.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

Much as some of us may want it to calm our nerves, it would be bad business for them to reveal all way too much in one fell swoop, unles they announce something like more dlc or another ballot to keep things tided over.

The hype and speculation is what keeps the game talked about all the more.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Sakurai: Hoping players will buy the pass only if they think it will be worth while...

How I look at that:

Sakurai: It comes with heavy sorrow to say, but my bosses are telling me I have to add requested characters for the Fighter Pass. Depressing news I know. "Sakurai, any surprises?" you're asking. No, child, no. It's much worse. I have to add Shantae and Banjo...

Random dude: Well that doesn't seem so--

Sakurai: IT'S AWFUL I KNOW BUT WE MUST STAY STRONG!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
After playing Mighty Switch Force a bit more, I'm convinced Matt just really, REALLY likes Samus. Patricia's death animation is a dead ringer for Samus's, as is that ending screen.

Is this artist trying to capture that mysterious Lost Souls warrior with that pose for Simon?

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Speaking of Simon, I found this over on Know Your Meme:

EC4F16F1-F5C2-4492-BC71-BC57D6256A04.png

If you think about it, throw some dancing in the mix and this is pretty much Shantae in her base form.

(Also why has Smashboards been having so many issues with images lately?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom