• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member

___:ultincineroar:___
|
|
| |
5BEE2C0F-2A22-4541-B16B-D00958F49CD6.png

Poor primarina tho

Last edited by a moderator:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Here's how I think spirits work in a story sense: the ones in puppet fighters have little to no influence on the actions of their new body (controlled by Galeem), only granting passive benefits against their will. Once they are freed, the ones bonded with the real fighters form a symbiotic relationship, where they are able to communicate and cooperate efficiently. With that in mind Samus taking Shantae on a tour of famous landmarks throughout Metroid is fun to imagine.

kazoka122

Smash Cadet
Here's how I think spirits work in a story sense: the ones in puppet fighters have little to no influence on the actions of their new body (controlled by Galeem), only granting passive benefits against their will. Once they are freed, the ones bonded with the real fighters form a symbiotic relationship, where they are able to communicate and cooperate efficiently. With that in mind Samus taking Shantae on a tour of famous landmarks throughout Metroid is fun to imagine.
But the ZSS that shantae was inhabitting was a puppet clone, not the original =x.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
But the ZSS that shantae was inhabitting was a puppet clone, not the original =x.
And who's to say you can't use the real ZSS to beat it, then have Shantae join her? Also, interesting thing to consider here, there's actually two Samus's in the group since both armored and ZSS have their own separate trophies and they aren't linked like in Brawl.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So the Detective Pikachu thing put this idea into my head. I know it’s a long shot and if it was possible I’d prefer it animated, but if Shantae managed to become a live-action/animated movie, who do you think could be cast would be?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So the Detective Pikachu thing put this idea into my head. I know it’s a long shot and if it was possible I’d prefer it animated, but if Shantae managed to become a live-action/animated movie, who do you think could be cast would be?
Show me someone believably whipping something with their hair without assistance and then we'll talk.

D

Deleted member

I still believe shantae has a good chance for dlc!
;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Evening peeps. Anything new aside from potentially uncanny valley Detective Pikachu?
I don't think so. It's not surprising news is going to be slower than Ganondorf in Brawl, considering we really aren't going to have any news regarding DLC until, at the earliest, December 6th if speculation is correct (and if its not, it could be all the way until late December to early January)

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Evening peeps. Anything new aside from potentially uncanny valley Detective Pikachu?
Nah.
I don't think so. It's not surprising news is going to be slower than Ganondorf in Brawl, considering we really aren't going to have any news regarding DLC until, at the earliest, December 6th if speculation is correct (and if its not, it could be all the way until late December to early January)
really, that early? I thought we would get some info around February when mr. plant shows up.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Nah.

really, that early? I thought we would get some info around February when mr. plant shows up.
I just don't really know. It's nice to have a bit of quiet, though. If we don't get anything on December 6th, we likely won't have anything from Late December to Mid-to-late February (when Plant boi arrives).

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
So Shantae becomes Venom with Samus, in a sense?

D

Deleted member

Oh nothing actually except for the t posing invasion and whatshisname is backpedaling (never listen to his lies)

NukeA6

Smash Master
It wouldn't matter who would be the cast because it would be a horror movie that I wish will never happen. I don't trust Hollywood with anything.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It wouldn't matter who would be the cast because it would be a horror movie that I wish will never happen. I don't trust Hollywood with anything.
Ok then, imagine if Hollywood didn’t ruin everything and a movie like this could actually show potential. Could you play along in that scenario?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
This is bad. Fan Favoritism was our last chance of ever getting in over Steve, and now we don't even have that.

On a more positive note, the next RTC for our girl is in 12 days.

(also, if you want my thoughts on a movie/show, I'd only allow it if it's animated and faithful enough to the source material, but not to the point where it doesn't translate well. And also in a studio that will make it feel like more then a soulless corporate cash-grab like everything is, so it would have to be a small studio. (So basically whoever worked on Castlevania Netflix. Didn't see it, but I heard it was good.) Otherwise, it might not be worth it. Also Vee is the only choice for her VA)

Now I'm going to leave again so those of you who are less tolerant of me and my pessimism won't have to worry.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
(also, if you want my thoughts on a movie/show, I'd only allow it if it's animated and faithful enough to the source material, but not to the point where it doesn't translate well. And also in a studio that will make it feel like more then a soulless corporate cash-grab like everything is, so it would have to be a small studio. (So basically whoever worked on Castlevania Netflix. Didn't see it, but I heard it was good.) Otherwise, it might not be worth it. Also Vee is the only choice for her VA)

Now I'm going to leave again so those of you who are less tolerant of me and my pessimism won't have to worry.
Yeah, I was just presenting a hypothetical scenario. Ideally I’d want an animated Netflix tv show out of Shantae and I’m trying my hardest to be as faithful to the source material as possible while trying to adapt it into an animated and episodic format while also putting a bit of my own spin on things. (And yes I’m keeping Vee for at least Shantae’s VA)

D

Deleted member

This is bad. Fan Favoritism was our last chance of ever getting in over Steve, and now we don't even have that.

:ultpiranha:Awwwww yeah my boi is first!:ultpiranha:

Also what are you talking about rtc?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So Shantae becomes Venom with Samus, in a sense?
Now see, Venom in this case is actually Dark Samus. Remember that she started life as Phazon being bonded to Samus's suit, turning it black in the process. It then finds a new "host" in Metroid Prime, who consumes it to survive, becoming Dark Samus and holding a deep grudge over the one who "wronged" her.

Spirits don't usually mutate bodies the way Phazon or symbiote does, and I doubt the spirit has any control over the host's body, they just grant new powers. So while Samus may be able to dance with Shantae "sharing" her knowledge, the latter can't actually make the former do so.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice

If this poll doesn't reek of recency bais I don't know what does. Poor Ridley was one of the hypest newcomers of Ultimate but gets pushed to the back to make way for PLANT GANG.

Also getting 11th is pretty good given the fact that everyone above is either a victim of the Grinch leak/Direct, a meme pick or a popular 3rd party character.

Also good to see ma boi Kirby get 11th on the main list despite the competition.

Top Bottom