• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Not Shantae related, but the artist did make the ZSS/Shantae appearance

Artist: Kira-Vera

a6b75f3683bcf78-a-nw-p.jpg

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Someone reall needs to make something impactful and which would make everyone want her in. Like a little comic
I had an idea...

Remembering how the Geno, Shantae, and Isaac communities supported each other during speculation, why not have a bit of a comic or fanart series with them interacting, perhaps with the ultimate goal of all of them becoming fighters?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I had an idea...

Remembering how the Geno, Shantae, and Isaac communities supported each other during speculation, why not have a bit of a comic or fanart series with them interacting, perhaps with the ultimate goal of all of them becoming fighters?
I would love to see art of thise 3 together. There js a distinct lack of it right now, and U can see it making the community a bit closer. All of us are in a similar boat, and we can all profit off of the others succeeding.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not Shantae related, but the artist did make the ZSS/Shantae appearance

Artist: Kira-Vera

View attachment 175966
Wait. Hold on. Is Camilla really using Olimar’s body in her spirit battle? I have so many questions if that’s the case.

Actually mainly just one: why?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Wait. Hold on. Is Camilla really using Olimar’s body in her spirit battle? I have so many questions if that’s the case.

Actually mainly just one: why?
I don't think that is the case, but it is a funny image.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I think geno is a given at this point for dlc. I may not know much about super mario rpg, but I'm fairly sure that geno is a possessed puppet. And whats the main thing going on in spirits mode? Puppets getting possessed by spirits.

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
Honestly I think geno is a given at this point for dlc. I may not know much about super mario rpg, but I'm fairly sure that geno is a possessed puppet. And whats the main thing going on in spirits mode? Puppets getting possessed by spirits.
It's a good theory. Tbh I've kinda stopped guessing what Sakurai and his team are planning after Piranha Plant. No idea what the mad man is thinking.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If that was the case, then dear god, I really hope it's not possible for a spirit battle with Rotty to involve someone like Wario. :p
You may think otherwise, but I still think Yoshi would be a good fit for Rottytops’s spirit battle, they’re both cute and green and I figured it’d be appropriate for a zombie to be represented by a character that eats their opponents.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Let's be real guys, the best case scenario for Rotty is that she is added in as a spirit when Shantae gets in and inhabits a Rotty pallet version of Shantae. I imagine Rotty would be quite happy with that arrangement.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Let's be real guys, the best case scenario for Rotty is that she is added in as a spirit when Shantae gets in and inhabits a Rotty pallet version of Shantae. I imagine Rotty would be quite happy with that arrangement.
I guess, though I think she’d also be happy to be able to eat Shantae as many times as she’d like with the only consequence is trapping her in an egg.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I have the feeling that this association Shantae has formed with Samus is something that is gonna be recurring in the fandom even if Shantae herself graduates to fighter. Especially if Nintendo in some way acknowledges it in a Shantae reveal.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
As for all the Yoshi stuff, who doesn't love Yoshi? He is just so happy~

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'll give you another possibility then:

I think you may have a concussion...
Wow, thanks dude...and this is the thanks I get for telling you how much you mean to me yesterday. Really appreciate it man.

You know, I have the feeling that this association Shantae has formed with Samus is something that is gonna be recurring in the fandom even if Shantae herself graduates to fighter. Especially if Nintendo in some way acknowledges it in a Shantae reveal.
That one is really nice, kudos to Zenox.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Of course with this new rekindled flame coming back to life as a glimmering light of hope, we know there will be those that will try to douse the flames.

Hope we don't lose the shine for the future ahead.

kazoka122

Smash Cadet
So I been hearing conflicting thoughts on World of Light. Some people think that Galeem is cloning original trophies and inhabitting spirits into them. I think that Galeem is kidnapping the original trophie's spirits and letting random spirits inhabit their bodies. Which is it?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh, um, sorry...
No, no. It’s too late for apologies now, the damage has been done. In fact, the impact of your very words may have given me a concussion on their own...

(hangs back of my hand off my forehead) Oh, I’ve been crushed! Be-TRAYED by my own brethren. Oh how will I ever-“snort”

ok, ok, I can’t even keep a straight face typing this out. It’s cool dude, don’t worry.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
So I been hearing conflicting thoughts on World of Light. Some people think that Galeem is cloning original trophies and inhabitting spirits into them. I think that Galeem is kidnapping the original trophie's spirits and letting random spirits inhabit their bodies. Which is it?
I suggest you rewatch the trailer.
You can clearly see Mario's trophy being duplicated.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I really am sorry, Wademan94 Wademan94 . I was just trying to joke there, I didn't mean to come off as harsh.
View attachment 175993
For future reference however, try not to compare Rotty to Yoshi, at least when I'm present anyway. :)
I cant even think of a way they are similar except they are both green....except Yoshi can be other colors but green...

...They really aren't that similar.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I hope she doesn't instinctively try to hair-whip.

It's great how this "glorified sticker" has nevertheless inspired people to headcanon interactions between her and the cast. I wonder if people can relate stories of what happened in their journies with her?

Also something I thought of, pertaining to one of the very first Shantae-Samus comics (the one with the Metroid villains reacting)... Shantae could be a surprisingly good Metroid caretaker. She hates the cold as much as they do and has experience reining in brain-eating urges.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I hope she doesn't instinctively try to hair-whip.

It's great how this "glorified sticker" has nevertheless inspired people to headcanon interactions between her and the cast. I wonder if people can relate stories of what happened in their journies with her?
I will say, even if I understood the "glorified sticker" sentiment a little bit when the loss of trophies was still fresh for me, it's clear that this change has had more of a creative effect on the fandom than the trophies ever did. And heck, the spirits has caused so many old faces to return! Does anyone really think we would have gotten any Eternal Darkness trophies if they were kept? Or Lip coming back after so long? It may seem like less effort, but it is clear that they put so much more effort in being inclusive to the whole of Nintendo history.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, something rather heartwarming just happened. Guess what art tweet Wayforward has finally retweeted after all this time?
You can tell that the reveal of Shantae being in as a spirit relieved much tension off of them.

Top Bottom