• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Hey, something rather heartwarming just happened. Guess what art tweet Wayforward has finally retweeted after all this time?
You can tell that the reveal of Shantae being in as a spirit relieved much tension off of them.
I can't wait for them to become silent again... If you know what I mean :grin:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Nice to see this. Yeah, I wanted her playable, but I was actually still happy when I saw her in the trailer because it's a good thing that she appeared at all.
Yeah. It was a bit sad to see she wasn't going to make the base roster, but the fact she got any recognition (let alone recognition as focused as it was in the direct) was definitely something to get excited for. Sakurai knows she exists, and the focus on her shows that they might also be aware of her popularity!

We got their attention, so now we just need to make it clear we want her in as a fighter!

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Nice to see this. Yeah, I wanted her playable, but I was actually still happy when I saw her in the trailer because it's a good thing that she appeared at all.
Not to mention, the trend of possession seems to have focused heavily on both her and Samus. Needless to say, it's great potential for a popularity booster in her favor.

Here's hoping that Spirits come with bios.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
By the way, since Shantae is identified as being part of the "Shantae series" in her Spirit, do you think we may see other Shantae characters as Spirits? I'm not expecting a whole lot, but maybe Risky and Rotty could show up.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I really am sorry, Wademan94 Wademan94 . I was just trying to joke there, I didn't mean to come off as harsh.
View attachment 175993
For future reference however, try not to compare Rotty to Yoshi, at least when I'm present anyway. :)
I thought it was obvious from my overly dramatic reply there, but harm done dude, I was honestly more surprised with how savage you were being, but yeah, it’s cool dude, you’re fine.

As for that last comment tho...we’ll see

I cant even think of a way they are similar except they are both green....except Yoshi can be other colors but green...

...They really aren't that similar.
I mentioned it earlier, but I figured it’d be appropriate for a zombie to be represented by a fighter who eats their opponents. But yeah I’ll switch over to something else

Sorry I’m just catching up to this, haven’t had much break time yet

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Yeah. It was a bit sad to see she wasn't going to make the base roster, but the fact she got any recognition (let alone recognition as focused as it was in the direct) was definitely something to get excited for. Sakurai knows she exists, and the focus on her shows that they might also be aware of her popularity!

We got their attention, so now we just need to make it clear we want her in as a fighter!
Not just in the Direct, but smack dab in the trailer for the Adventure Mode. So even if someone just watches the trailers that came out and skips out on the whole half hour of Spirits(Okay, not really that long, but it kinda feels like it lol), when they watch that epic story trailer, they will see Shantae!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not just in the Direct, but smack dab in the trailer for the Adventure Mode. So even if someone just watches the trailers that came out and skips out on the whole half hour of Spirits(Okay, not really that long, but it kinda feels like it lol), when they watch that epic story trailer, they will see Shantae!
And the views on just that trailer are still growing, as of the time when I’m typing this, it’s at 4.8 million, our girl’s gonna get so much attention from this!

Last edited:

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
In the everyone is here poster I think Daisy still needs to interact with someone. Incin was added to spot, and now things make more sense.
Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 3.03.07 PM.png

But daisy seems like she's interacting with someone that's not there.
Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 3.01.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 4.09.10 PM.png

There are a few other things that seem off about the poster. Bowser Jr. Seems to in a weird spot behind Ganondorf. I think later they might put him next to the piranha plant.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
anyone know who the voice actors for zelda and incineraor were? they sound familiar.
Incineroar was voiced by the late Unsho Ishizuka, who sadly passed away this past summer due to esophageal cancer...

This means Heihachi and Joseph Jostar lost their second seiyuus...

D

Deleted member

anyone know who the voice actors for zelda and incineraor were? they sound familiar.
Incineroar was voiced by the late Unshō Ishizuka who voiced professor oak in the Pokémon anime JP

Press F to pay respect everyone

Also I feel like Zelda was voiced by Cristina vee.

D

Deleted member

By the way, since Shantae is identified as being part of the "Shantae series" in her Spirit, do you think we may see other Shantae characters as Spirits? I'm not expecting a whole lot, but maybe Risky and Rotty could show up.
Who should portray risky and rotty?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I had an idea...

Remembering how the Geno, Shantae, and Isaac communities supported each other during speculation, why not have a bit of a comic or fanart series with them interacting, perhaps with the ultimate goal of all of them becoming fighters?
I for one would love to contribute to that. I think I'll go make some fanart of that later.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
So I'm sure I've said it already, but screw it. Been thinking about it, so here are my wants for DLC.

1. Shantae, of course.
2. Geno.
3. Banjo Kazooie.
4. Tails.
5. Elma.

I could substitute Dixie into either of the last two slots and I wouldn't be upset.

D

Deleted member

Hey look y’all it’s ken masters from street fighter!
459262FE-50E4-44E0-A0B7-7779EDD0115E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
while im flattered you think i can draw this good i would like to point out the "by Zenox-furry-man" at the bottom.
...... **head-thunk** I saw that, and yet my brain didn't even register how wrong that was. I'm having one of those off days.

ANYWAYS! I really want to ask Matt Bozon if he believes we can make that much of a difference, and if so, how we can make ourselves be heard to Sakurai.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
...... **head-thunk** I saw that, and yet my brain didn't even register how wrong that was. I'm having one of those off days.

ANYWAYS! I really want to ask Matt Bozon if he believes we can make that much of a difference, and if so, how we can make ourselves be heard to Sakurai.
He just asked us to do so. That should be answer enough to whether he believes in us, unless you think he's a filthy liar.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
He just asked us to do so. That should be answer enough to whether he believes in us, unless you think he's a filthy liar.
...... Oh lordy, I didn't even think about how that... AAAAARGH. Again, lousy day! @.@ Someone shoot and bury me. Rottytops can have my brains, for all the good they're doing me right now!~

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Time for another round of art I have found.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Here is non twitter pick I found on Know Your Meme. A bit on the bigger side, so it is in a spoiler.
Anyway, really hope there will be some crossover art between Shantae and other potential fighters soon. That stuff is always sweet to see.

Top Bottom