• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Just want to let you guys know that I do dearly want shantae in as well for dlc and when I go through with my Isaac cosplay plan at every tourney I go to when I go pro, I’ll be sure to mention Shantae as well. Do you guys think we can revive golden sun as a franchise cause that’s what we guys over at the Isaac boards are planning.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just want to let you guys know that I do dearly want shantae in as well for dlc and when I go through with my Isaac cosplay plan at every tourney I go to when I go pro, I’ll be sure to mention Shantae as well. Do you guys think we can revive golden sun as a franchise cause that’s what we guys over at the Isaac boards are planning.
I am not sure. How often is it that the fans revive a series. I guess it depends on just how much noise is made on the 11th, right? And make sure the noise you guys do make is nice, that would certainly help.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Most importantly, we are seeking a way we can work together and not against to get our characters to join the fray. Some of us Isaac bros are wanting Shantae in too, so we simply want to ask you guys if we could cooperate in some way. Either way I’ll be supporting both of these characters to the ends of the earth.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Most importantly, we are seeking a way we can work together and not against to get out characters to join the fray. Some of us Isaac bros are wanting Shantae in too, so we simply want to ask you guys if we could cooperate in some way. Either way I’ll be supporting both of these characters to the ends of the earth.
That sounds good. Crossover between characters is a great advantage, for a multitude of reasons. I will say, art can be a massive eye catcher, so maybe that is a thing you guys should build up for release on the 11th. And if it is good crossover art with the likes of Shantae, Geno and such, that will be noted on other peoples feeds, leading to even more positive exposure.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Morning all. Just want to say, I think fans showing their support for shantae will let nintendo and sakurai see she is popular and wanted, and could influsence her chance as DLC. You got to remember, Sakurai seems like he developed the game with the mindset of no DLC, hence why he included so much spirits, and why there are Xenoblade 2 Mii costumes.

This honestly is a good way to develope a game as you want to make it complete at the start, and not sacrifice quality for what ifs in the future with DLC. Too many companies design DLC right from the start and it clearly hurts the game. Look at the Assassin creed series and other super heavy DLC/Season pass stuff. Heck, Look at most fighting games, announcing characters before the game is release, characters obviously finished just cut to sell to us later. I really have to thank sakurai for not doing that, and this is also why I feel DLC is only starting to be finalized. I have a feeling the SE rep may have been finalized first, with others after that. So Shantae still has a good chance for sure.

Just got up. What is the first thing I do when I get on the computer?

...See if there is any new art.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Lots of great art for her there. Just Shantae being a spirit has launched her popularity and visability. This is a huge boon for wayforward.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Something different instead of shantae. More of a brief theory from other people explaining the story of the Smash Bros Series.

Lets see what we can recap of *the child* in the smash iterations.

Smash 64- child is 7 or 8 years old
Smash Melee- 9 or 10 years old
Smash Brawl- 15 years old and faced against Tabuu (Taboo- social restriction custom)
Smash 4- 21 years old and faced the internal conflict within *Master Core*.

Smash Ultimate- the child now is maybe 25 to 27 years old as a prime grown adult and now is facing reality by his/her toys being removed completely from his/her life. However, imagination and creativity can never die even if destroyed with the remaining glimmering of life hanging on. Hense soul's being there in the world.

Theory was made by ConnertheWaffle except the last one on Smash Ultimate.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Something different instead of shantae. More of a brief theory from other people explaining the story of the Smash Bros Series.

Lets see what we can recap of *the child* in the smash iterations.

Smash 64- child is 7 or 8 years old
Smash Melee- 9 or 10 years old
Smash Brawl- 15 years old and faced against Tabuu (Taboo- social restriction custom)
Smash 4- 21 years old and faced the internal conflict within *Master Core*.

Smash Ultimate- the child now is maybe 25 to 27 years old as a prime grown adult and now is facing reality by his/her toys being removed completely from his/her life. However, imagination and creativity can never die even if destroyed with the remaining glimmering of life hanging on. Hense soul's being there in the world.

Theory was made by ConnertheWaffle except the last one on Smash Ultimate.
I remember gametheory made a video about what each games represent about 3 years ago, and it basically boiled down to sakurais attitude towards smash, and how the.. shadow things in smash 4 were his frustration and tiredness with the game. Now if this is true, ultimate is where sakurai snaps.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Morning all. Just want to say, I think fans showing their support for shantae will let nintendo and sakurai see she is popular and wanted, and could influsence her chance as DLC. You got to remember, Sakurai seems like he developed the game with the mindset of no DLC, hence why he included so much spirits, and why there are Xenoblade 2 Mii costumes.

This honestly is a good way to develope a game as you want to make it complete at the start, and not sacrifice quality for what ifs in the future with DLC. Too many companies design DLC right from the start and it clearly hurts the game. Look at the Assassin creed series and other super heavy DLC/Season pass stuff. Heck, Look at most fighting games, announcing characters before the game is release, characters obviously finished just cut to sell to us later. I really have to thank sakurai for not doing that, and this is also why I feel DLC is only starting to be finalized. I have a feeling the SE rep may have been finalized first, with others after that. So Shantae still has a good chance for sure.
^This

And yet, there are still plenty of people here, who believe Sakurai planned DLC way back in 2017, when Xenoblade Chronicles 2 first showed up.

zferolie

Smash Hero
^This

And yet, there are still plenty of people here, who believe Sakurai planned DLC way back in 2017, when Xenoblade Chronicles 2 first showed up.
Thats because thats how almost every other game works now, so we are conditioned to think all games do this. Smash is the exception, and honestly really should be the rule.

Has anyone noticed this yet?
Just shows the love and attention Sakurai puts even towards the spirits!

While everyone else is advocating for Shantae, I low-key wanna advocate for a complete version where we see everyone get evaporated...
I am enjoying seeing the fan versions of off the other characters, like Ice CLimbers hugging, or Chrom Lucina and Robin all huddling. I hope we see something for every character

Last edited:

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
I remember gametheory made a video about what each games represent about 3 years ago, and it basically boiled down to sakurais attitude towards smash, and how the.. shadow things in smash 4 were his frustration and tiredness with the game. Now if this is true, ultimate is where sakurai snaps.
I've been thinking about that too.
like if 4/5 is where he accepts that he'll be forced to pump out these games 6 is where he's going out in a blaze of glory and taking them all with him (or attempt to). If Game Theory is even slightly correct in Sakurai's artistic expression, this may be the last Smash Bros he works on.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Thats because thats how almost every other game works now, so we are conditioned to think all games do this. Smash is the exception, and honestly really should be the rule.

I am enjoying seeing the fan versions of off the other characters, like Ice CLimbers hugging, or Chrom Lucina and Robin all huddling. I hope we see something for every character
source on that FE trio pic?

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman

"Some people just wanna watch the world evaporate"
But yea that would be a nice to see
I think they choose the ones they did to express how futile their attempts to escape are.
Link and Samus (adequate fighters) couldn't fend it off, Zelda and Mewtwo (powerful magic users) couldn't reflect it, Sonic (THE FASTEST THING ALIIIIIVE) and Pikachu (super fast creatures) couldn't outrun it, vehicles (except the warpstar) couldn't escape it, a Goddess cpuldnt fend it off, Rosalina (a genuine Galaxy traveler) couldn't escape, and then some useless ones at the end to show that they're utterly helpless (fun fact someone pieced together that Wii Fit Trainer is actually briefly invincible during that pose when she attacks, that's why she did it). Love the deats.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Um, I've still been thinking about possibilities for a Rotty spirit, and I do have sort of an idea on what it could be like?

I'd say the character representing her would be Daisy, using her green alt. She'd throw her turnips a lot, to simulate Rotty's head throws. :) (I know Peach can do the same, but I just think that Daisy's personality fits Rotty better...)

She'd also have her speed increased, because Rotty is a great runner. :)

I'd say her spirit would use this artwork, too: :)

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
I think they choose the ones they did to express how futile their attempts to escape are.
Link and Samus (adequate fighters) couldn't fend it off, Zelda and Mewtwo (powerful magic users) couldn't reflect it, Sonic (THE FASTEST THING ALIIIIIVE) and Pikachu (super fast creatures) couldn't outrun it, vehicles (except the warpstar) couldn't escape it, a Goddess cpuldnt fend it off, Rosalina (a genuine Galaxy traveler) couldn't escape, and then some useless ones at the end to show that they're utterly helpless (fun fact someone pieced together that Wii Fit Trainer is actually briefly invincible during that pose when she attacks, that's why she did it). Love the deats.
344.png

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Imagin Shantae getting her Smash Bros. letter, opening it and the Galeem Beam blasts out vaporizing her and possibly her friends who were with her.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I think it all just happens to force an argument.

Like someone here really wanted to believe that the DLC Characters have already been decided on (meaning no chance for Shantae),
And so he interpreted Sakurai's words about Rex's MII Costume to mean that Rex didn't make it for DLC planning.
Even though Sakurai clearly said they made the Rex costume, because they decided on what characters to use, before Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was even announced.
And a simple Google Search reveals that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was first announced in January 2017. Almost two whole years before Ultimate's release date.
So it's obvious that Sakurai was talking about Rex not making it for Base Roster...
Of course, no one wanted to accept that and I was the scumbag in the end, yet again...

Christ, I swear...
For supporters, some people here really come up with and believe in things, that hurts Shantae's chances more than it helps (if they were true) and even defend them so adamantly, that they'd shame people over it.

Like we all want the same thing. so why are we feasting on each other? o_O

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imagin Shantae getting her Smash Bros. letter, opening it and the Galeem Beam blasts out vaporizing her and possibly her friends who were with her.
What if risky was part of getting vaporized?

Risky: I hate you so much you half genie brat!

Last edited by a moderator:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Hi there ! Glad to see all these fanarts ( which we should not forget to retweet and share when it comes to our girl ) :D

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Hey Majesty! How are you?

Well, the only disappointing thing about the fanart, despite the huge boom of it, almost none of it includes Rotty...
I'm good, long classes day.... I drew a Shantae saying " ret-2-smash" and have been trying to think of ideas to do a cool fanart later!
Regarding Rotty, I think that plenty of people still need to get familiar with Shantae herself and only then they'll get to know the bewitching, stylish, beguidling, breathtaking greatness of Rotty ! :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom