• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
your absolutely right it's just that I only named two of many possibilities it could mean I should have made that clarification in my previous post (its late where i am and i'm getting tired) it's like I said this is a very strange perdicament.

on a side note I would like to know what Matt means by 4 out of 5 cause I thought piranaplant was seperate from the 5 DLC slots.
Hell he might've had a brainfart when making that tweet.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I understand some people being exhausted, and I don't blaim them. But remember, don't look down or attack them ok? they are tired, but still want shantae in. They aren't giving up.

Did he though?! It sounded more to me that he was talking about the base roster. Why pick 5 more characters and NOT have them being worked on? Why not try to squeeze them in under the wire?
You know what, I don't even know anymore... Its possible he was talking about the base game, and with Verge and his friend saying talks are still going or finishing up now, its possible all 5 slots haven't been filled yet.

Holy **** everyone! SomecallmeJohnny supports our cause!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Somecallmejon/status/1058704462125195264
Well that will get a nice bump of traction going for sure.

Dukefire

Smash Master
While it may not be now if she does hit DLC on the first 3, but now it's time to pick up the scraps and get ready for a bigger battle ahead along with the remaining others that still have a spark of hope.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Can someone find a timestamp of that Daisy Spirit? Thats BIG info that proves fighters CAN have spirits of themselves and that all the people saying "Spirits cant be fighters" to be total bunk.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Hi guys, how's evryone ?

I believe that it's still possible to get Shantae in the first DLC wave if we show an uprising ! It's up to us to do it together

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I'm doing relatively well. :)

How are you, Majesty?
I'm good ! The more I think of it, the more I get excited about this game despite the little flaws I can see on a personal level.

Regarding the DLC, I think that we should all take our social medias to share Shantae and smash related content ! Try to get as many people as possibl to join our cause and show we're here.
I know it's very idealistic, but a huge presence on social networks could not be overlooked !

EDIT : this place seems like a good one to start, since every opinion is supposedly sent to Nintendo.
https://plus.google.com/communities/113374680979976686871

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Can someone find a timestamp of that Daisy Spirit? Thats BIG info that proves fighters CAN have spirits of themselves and that all the people saying "Spirits cant be fighters" to be total bunk.
I heard theres a k rool one too actually.

What's the talk about a granblue character getting in anyway?
#ShantaeForFourOutOfTheFiveSmashDLCs

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Vergeben. :/

I would actually quite like a Granblue character, but the idea of one making it into Smash has not gone down too well with a lot of people. Would you mind it?
Man that **** has ALWAYS been 50/50 on his stuff, oh he guessed Incineroar and Ken big deal! oh you mean two of the most SAFEST newcomer guesses in all of Smash?

D

Deleted member

Vergeben. :/

I would actually quite like a Granblue character, but the idea of one making it into Smash has not gone down too well with a lot of people. Would you mind it?
He said there was no granblue character

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Man that **** has ALWAYS been 50/50 on his stuff, oh he guessed Incineroar and Ken big deal! oh you mean two of the most SAFEST newcomer guesses in all of Smash?
Nobody guesses the new Pokemon rep and get's it right. He definitely had sources and you shouldn't doubt that because you don't like the guy. He was right about :ultsnake:,:ulticeclimbers:,:ultdaisy:,:ultridley:,:ultsimon:,:ultisabelle:,:ultken:, and :ultincineroar: so you shouldn't doubt him at this point. I believe the Minecraft content and the Square-Enix character are coming.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Nobody guesses the new Pokemon rep and get's it right. He definitely had sources and you shouldn't doubt that because you don't like the guy. He was right about :ultsnake:,:ulticeclimbers:,:ultdaisy:,:ultridley:,:ultsimon:,:ultisabelle:,:ultken:, and :ultincineroar: so you shouldn't doubt him at this point. I believe the Minecraft content and the Square-Enix character are coming.
Hm, i don't remember him mentioning daisy.
Just reminder from djgrooves dedede
Oof I'm gonna miss trophies.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
none of those are hard to guess and Incineroar is easy given how advertised it is by the Pokemon company. look no further than the anime.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
none of those are hard to guess and Incineroar is easy given how advertised it is by the Pokemon company. look no further than the anime.
I was saying the Pokemon rep was impossible to guess because of how many Pokemon there are. Also, Verge getting that many characters right wasn't just lucky guesses whether you like it or not

DoctorFate

Smash Apprentice
Look, I believe Verge too, but that doesn’t mean to stop campaigning and making our presence known. It just moves on to the next item. She isn’t in this dlc batch, we aim for the next. Not in that one? Then the next. Not in the final one? We aim for the new game. We just need to get louder but continue being respectful and appreciative of what we were given. If you have Twitter, get on there and show support. Most visible thing. Can you draw? Do fan art. Lots of it. We, and every other fan base with spirit and assists alike, should enjoy the game as is and campaign for future content or iterations to show Nintendo and Sakurai we have characters we want to play as. Matt hasn’t given up, neither should we.

Sorry for the lecture.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Even if verge has been correct I don't believe him.

Every smash cycle we get literally thousands of "leaks", verge could very well be just a guy who makes really lucky/Educated guesses.

He is technically wrong about a square rep and minecraft representation. But of course he has shifted those to dlc

He has set himself up to be protected from failure. By being a supposed 3rd party in a leak, if he is wrong. It's not his fault. It's his "sources" fault.

If verge is legit great. Whatever.
Doesn't change the fact we need to support shantae every chance we have.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't see anywhere that Verge said no shantae. No where. So nothing verg has said hurts shantae's chances at all, so why are we even worried about it?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I don't see anywhere that Verge said no shantae. No where. So nothing verg has said hurts shantae's chances at all, so why are we even worried about it?
Because it's just in this thread's nature to worry. :p

I worry about things way too much, but oddly, I'm not worried about Shantae in the slightest. :)
I'm not worried about Rotty getting representation, either. ;)

Last edited:

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Doesn't help when Verge basically called out all the DLC slots by shifting his "sources" from base to DLC. That's why people are worried. I ain't worried though. He can say anything he wants. We ain't down and out yet folks.

Dukefire

Smash Master
DLC is unpredictable since they are characters built from scratch. But who are the 5 characters chosen to be the DLC, we will find out in later time. Until then, we need to Stop Galeen. In 34 days of course......................

I forgot the artist after saving it, sorry.
dcqwols-03eb8ef7-f375-4194-9451-4493df4daa16.jpg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And how many characters does he need to miss for you to doubt?
He never mentioned K. Rool and doubted a source he had that said that there would be no new DK reps in the roster. So you shouldn't doubt Verge just because he didn't know all the characters that were going to be in the game. That's the facts whether you believe it or not.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
He never mentioned K. Rool and doubted a source he had that said that there would be no new DK reps in the roster. So you shouldn't doubt Verge just because he didn't know all the characters that were going to be in the game. That's the facts whether you believe it or not.
He also missed Richter and the Piranha Plant.
So there's that.

Either way, if you have no proof that he actually has sources, you have no right to tell me what I should believe.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
He also missed Richter and the Piranha Plant.
So there's that.

Either way, if you have no proof that he actually has sources, you have no right to tell me what I should believe.
It wasn't he ''missed'' :ultrichter:,:ultchrom:,:ultdarksamus:,:ultkrool:, and :ultpiranha: but he didn't know. There is probably no source or anyone but the higher ups at Nintendo that know about the full roster. Also, the proof is right in front of your face in this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom