• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Shantae looks like she's trying to convince herself that her being a spirit actually means anything besides her chances for DLC getting killed. :crying:

Oh and about the spirits deconfirming fighters thing...

Fighter Sprits are separate from Normal Spirits and can't be equipped to fighters, meaning they can't just change an existing spirit to a fighter spirit if they end up being DLC, so Shantae HAS been deconfirmed after all.

But there might still be Smash 6/7! If we want a chance, then that's where we shoot for!
There are characters that have multiple spirits for their representation in smash. If one can't be equipped, another would. It still doesn't mean it stops shantae from joining Smash as DLC since that arguement is countered hard by Lucas and Mewtwo's position back in Smash 4 before returning as DLC Fighters

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Uh yeah they can. All they have to do is use a different piece of art, like something from Pirate's Curse. That's literally what they did for Kaptain K. Rool.
So? That does not mean Shantae could not get her own different fighter spirit if she gets in, like how Mewtwo and Lucas got there own fighter trophies separate from those regular trophies.
There are characters that have multiple spirits for their representation in smash. If one can't be equipped, another would. It still doesn't mean it stops shantae from joining Smash as DLC since that arguement is countered hard by Lucas and Mewtwo's position back in Smash 4 before returning as DLC Fighters
I can only give you one advice:

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Shantae looks like she's trying to convince herself that her being a spirit actually means anything besides her chances for DLC getting killed. :crying:

Fighter Sprits are separate from Normal Spirits and can't be equipped to fighters, meaning they can't just change an existing spirit to a fighter spirit if they end up being DLC, so Shantae HAS been deconfirmed after all.

But there might still be Smash 6/7! If we want a chance, then that's where we shoot for!
Sorry got to poke the troll.

Can you just stop. You are just veing a negitive nancy, a jerk, and rude to all the shantae fans here. All you do is tell us she jas no chance and yo give up on thos game, and wsit till maybe 2 ga.es from now. That is stupid, and just trying to yoset and anger people.

I do not like to tell people this but you, if you do not change your attitude, get out of this thread and dont come back

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I am curious if assist trophies get spirits as well. Does anyone have any word on that?

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I'd just like to remind you guys that I've seen a normal ( I believe ) Peach spirit equiped which backs up the fact that characters can have more than one spirit to represent them and that these spirits can very well be "main" ones and not just support ones
Look :
peach spirit.PNG

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Okay guys. Nothing is deconfirmed. If anything, Matt actively getting us involved means that he hasn't been told "There's no way she's getting in." It's gonna be a while, but let's just keep supporting and dancing through the danger here.

On a related note, Matt's tweet has been liked 5,000+ times in just 17 hours. This goes to show that we, as a whole, have NOT given up, nor should we!

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Okay guys. Nothing is deconfirmed. If anything, Matt actively getting us involved means that he hasn't been told "There's no way she's getting in." It's gonna be a while, but let's just keep supporting and dancing through the danger here.

On a related note, Matt's tweet has been liked 5,000+ times in just 17 hours. This goes to show that we, as a whole, have NOT given up, nor should we!
You know, um, this has definitely, already been established. :p

We are not ever giving up, do not worry. :)

Last edited:

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Never gonna lose hope for our favorite Half Genie Hero. Don't let others get under your skin, stay confident and level headed.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Despite that, he wants us to keep showing support, so who are we to argue! FAN THE FLAMES MY COMRADES!

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I apologize for my pessimistic behavior. I'll go and talk about the whole spirits debacle elsewhere.

I'd just like to remind you guys that I've seen a normal ( I believe ) Peach spirit equiped which back up the fact that characters can have more than one spirit to represent them and that these spirits can very well be "main" ones and not just support ones
Look : View attachment 175396
Me, trying to see if that's Real Peach or Rabbid Peach.

I'm legit unsure about it.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Sorry got to poke the troll.

Can you just stop. You are just veing a negitive nancy, a jerk, and rude to all the shantae fans here. All you do is tell us she jas no chance and yo give up on thos game, and wsit till maybe 2 ga.es from now. That is stupid, and just trying to yoset and anger people.

I do not like to tell people this but you, if you do not change your attitude, get out of this thread and dont come back
And without fail, his next comment completely ignores you and responds to someone else instead, that doesn't go against him.
If that doesn't tell you that trying to reason with him in any way is futile, I don't know what does.

Seriously, block him and save yourself the trouble of dealing with him.
Nothing else you can do...

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I apologize for my pessimistic behavior. I'll go and talk about the whole spirits debacle elsewhere.

Me, trying to see if that's Real Peach or Rabbid Peach.

I'm legit unsure about it.
Since it appears that you don't know how Rabbid Peach looks like ( or just pretend not to know ) :

Shadowknight1

Well, in his defense, it was a little confusing. He's still not shutting us down though! #ShantaeForSmash! ....now we gotta get those likes back up again. :p

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Since it appears that you don't know how Rabbid Peach looks like ( or just pretend not to know ) :
It probably is actually Real Peach. I guess I just felt the render was a bit off because I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

And without fail, his next comment completely ignores you and responds to someone else instead, that doesn't go against him.
If that doesn't tell you that trying to reason with him in any way is futile, I don't know what does.

Seriously, block him and save yourself the trouble of dealing with him.
Nothing else you can do...
Fine I'll leave. Just don't be 100% sure I won't come back, because I actually unironnically support this character and care if they do or don't ever get in as a fighter.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
What did I just say?

Seriously, stop feeding him already. >-<
He appears to give Shantae enough importance to frequent this thread and I'm not one to kick out any supporters since we need as many of them as we can. He may be a troll... or just have different ways to "support" and think. He does get under my skin everytime he brings his negativity here but anyhow, such conversations make this thread bigger.
Let's be patient on every level :)

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
He appears to give Shantae enough importance to frequent this thread and I'm not one to kick out any supporters since we need as many of them as we can. He may be a troll... or just have different ways to "support" and think. He does get under my skin everytime he brings his negativity here but anyhow, such conversations make this thread bigger.
Let's be patient on every level :)
Well he is always doing the exact opposite of supporting.
Always telling us how she is deconfirmed, that she'll never make it in and force his views on everyone, trying to make everyone believe his way.
That's not supporting at all.
And it's for that reason, that he is not a supporter in my book, but a simple troll, trying to make people feel bad.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019

Here's a wild idea: Why in the hell would Sakurai put a fighter spirit of an unrevealed DLC fighter in the base game? That sounds a bit counterintuitive dontcha think buddy?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hi everyone.
I've been feeling into things, and I'm not able to get over some of the stuff that's been going on, right now. So while I'll still be around, I may slow down things, and won't support WF for now unless I can see some resolution, either in general, with all this, or in my own feelings and mind. I've voiced my thoughts and feelings, and I dont want to sound like a broken record or get in the way of the motivation I've seen around, so I'll try not to push my own negativity. I'm glad if people can get behind it and and put positive energy for getting her into smash. I look forward to seeing where it goes, and I'll find my own flow, whatever that is.

I encourage everyone to simply be true to themselves, as well as be considerate of others as much as they can :)
Keep going along the way that feels good to you :)

D

Deleted member

Hi it's me again.
I know this isn't Shantae related and that I should probably post this in the Geno thread, but Geno is NOT a spirit, he is a profile picture icon for the Battle Arena mode, which means he is not deconfirmed to be playable. Just making sure you knew

D

Deleted member

Hi it's me again.
I know this isn't Shantae related and that I should probably post this in the Geno thread, but Geno is NOT a spirit, he is a profile picture icon for the Battle Arena mode, which means he is not deconfirmed to be playable. Just making sure you knew
He still could be a spirit.
We likely won't know until launch.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here's a wild idea: Why in the hell would Sakurai put a fighter spirit of an unrevealed DLC fighter in the base game? That sounds a bit counterintuitive dontcha think buddy?
Idk, why did they put a trophy of Mewtwo in the game when they were pretty sure they were gonna put Mewtwo as the first DLC fighter?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He's not. Battle Arena is an online mode. Spirits don't work online. He's still a possibility.
He maybe meant that he could also still have a spirit in the game. Which wouldn't mean anything bad. We saw Peach and Wii fit trainer as spirits, and I've heard other stuff too like that. It's like stickers, in a way.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Despite that, he wants us to keep showing support, so who are we to argue! FAN THE FLAMES MY COMRADES!
Well he wants to keep the dlc train going, but with an easier hashtag maybe? Still i think he is pushing for her for dlc, and we should too

D

Deleted member

He maybe meant that he could also still have a spirit in the game. Which wouldn't mean anything bad. We saw Peach and Wii fit trainer as spirits, and I've heard other stuff too like that. It's like stickers, in a way.
Don't forget K. Rool

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well he wants to keep the dlc train going, but with an easier hashtag maybe? Still i think he is pushing for her for dlc, and we should too
That seems to be the case. That hashtag was a bit weird, but it shows something about him that he heard said confusion and made not of it like this.

Shadowknight1

To be fair #ShantaeForSmashDLC is easier to type than #ShantaeForFourOutOfTheFiveSmashDLCs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He's not. Battle Arena is an online mode. Spirits don't work online. He's still a possibility.
That's not what I said.
I mean we haven't seen all the spirits. So it's still possible he's both an icon and a spirit.

But I don't think either of them deconfirmed him for smash.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Idk, why did they put a trophy of Mewtwo in the game when they were pretty sure they were gonna put Mewtwo as the first DLC fighter?
Those two don't compute. Being a fighter spirit means you are a fighter, and would therefore spoil the DLC surprise.

Being a trophy and later being made a fighter is entirely reasonable and leads more credence to the idea that Sakurai does NOT plan the DLC fighters until he's planned all the spirits and base roster.

It's entirely reasonable with that line of thinking to believe in Spirits being possible DLC, especially since Mewtwo and Lucas were the first two DLC fighters revealed for Smash 4. Shantae as a result could be next.

D

Deleted member

That's not what I said.
I mean we haven't seen all the spirits. So it's still possible he's both an icon and a spirit.

But I don't think either of them deconfirmed him for smash.
If Daisy is both a spirit and playable, as well as Wii Fit and K. Rool, then Geno has a chance. The same goes for Shantae, as well

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Those two don't compute. Being a fighter spirit means you are a fighter, and would therefore spoil the DLC surprise.

Being a trophy and later being made a fighter is entirely reasonable and leads more credence to the idea that Sakurai does NOT plan the DLC fighters until he's planned all the spirits and base roster.

It's entirely reasonable with that line of thinking to believe in Spirits being possible DLC, especially since Mewtwo and Lucas were the first two DLC fighters revealed for Smash 4. Shantae as a result could be next.
Isn't that what I am saying? That having a spirit does not effect potential future DLC inclusion like how the trophies did not effect it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If Daisy is both a spirit and playable, as well as Wii Fit and K. Rool, then Geno has a chance. The same goes for Shantae, as well
Geno definitely has a strong chance. I'm sure sakurai will still base some of them on character votes. I could see Geno and Bandana dee being the first two.

Top Bottom