• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
It makes me wonder. Wayforward are aware that the DLC for this first season pass was told to have already been decided by Sakurai, right? And with no announcement of a season 2 in sight.

Now, I'm not saying it's unproductive, but doesn't it seem a bit tone death? Especially with there being no ballot, and no where to directly post to, to campaign?

Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't, but I can't help but feel like Wayforward are either intentionally contradicting Sakurai, or taking things a little too for granted with their fanbase?
First, the phrase is "tone deaf". Second, we don't know if the DLC characters are decided or not. People need to stop taking things that way. Sakurai said that NO development on the Fighter Pass characters will begin until after the game is out. Probably not even until Piranha Plant is released.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I dont know why you expect people to understand this as if it's obvious. You can talk more about it if you think it's important, but people dont suddenly change after 500 pages of being a certain way. We ALWAYS could've supported more for dlc, and not think or worry about her chances for base.

The age of speculation has ended? Now suddenly because there' dlc it's support time?
What if the dlc is already locked in? Oh we dont know? well we didn't know before too. Dlc was pretty guaranteed, imo.

They never said base roster, and it was in the section for dlc that they talked about it., that's the thing.
I think its support time less because there is now known DLC and more because of Matt's tweet telling us it's time to support. That is quite a signal. Also, I am of the thought that they know what they are making for he DLC, just that they have not started any formal work on it, as they wanted to focus most of there resources to the base game till it was finished.

Given the past history of DLCs, I believe that the DLC characters were not chosen early on ( look at Corin last time ).
Also it would be pretty damn odd to limit your Dlc choices to characters that debuted before 2017 when the possibility of new IP's emerging or new entries in existing series is always very high. It seems to me like the little content we have for ARMS and Xenoblade 2 were squeezed in at the very last moment to give them SOME form of base game representation. Hell, we could still easily get an ARMS character or Rex as dlc, Mii costumes aren't deconfirmations and Springman isn't the main character of ARMS so I could see Min-Min, Twintelle or Mechanica being added since they're far more popular. *sigh* Then again how many times have we said "There's no way Sakurai would ____"?

1) There's no way Sakurai would have no Zelda newcomer 2 games in a row

2) There's no way Sakurai would end the reveals on Kencineroar

3) There's no way Sakurai would still not add Geno to the roster after a literal decade of fan demand

4) There's no way Sakurai wouldn't add Bandana Dee even though he's insanely popular in Japan and the West

5) There's no way Sakurai would bring Isaac back JUST to make him an Assist Trophy again

6) There's no way Sakurai would create the term "Echo Fighter" and not have Shadow be one

The list goes on and on. For all we know the dlc characters are 4 goombas and an actual sword from Fire Emblem that can ONLY counter. I feel like we'll have more clarity after the first dlc character is revealed and honestly I hope they get datamined because I personally can't ****ing stand being asked to buy a mystery box especially after they added a ****ing Piranha Plant.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh come on, use your head!
When was the roster of Smash Bros Ultimate finalized? 2015 or 2016.
When did Xenoblade Chronicles 2 come out? December 2017, aka almost a year ago.
And you seriously think they already thought about DLC back then?

Rex was simply in the rough middle.
He was too late, since they were already in the middle of development when he came up.
And yet it was way before they even thought about DLC.
So MII Costume it was for him.
I was at least trying to give the argument that most people outside this thread believe, which we'll have to deal with. Try to be nicer.
I do think it makes sense that they wouldn't have decided dlc picks at the same time as early development, so try to hold and strengthen the argument you just put up because I think it's decent.

I think its support time less because there is now known DLC and more because of Matt's tweet telling us it's time to support. That is quite a signal. Also, I am of the thought that they know what they are making for he DLC, just that they have not started any formal work on it, as they wanted to focus most of there resources to the base game till it was finished.
Fair enough. I'm not over WF right now so for me it's not much of a signal. But I understand if others feel like it is.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Also it would be pretty damn odd to limit your Dlc choices to characters that debuted before 2017 when the possibility of new IP's emerging or new entries in existing series is always very high. It seems to me like the little content we have for ARMS and Xenoblade 2 were squeezed in at the very last moment to give them SOME form of base game representation. Hell, we could still easily get an ARMS character or Rex as dlc, Mii costumes aren't deconfirmations and Springman isn't the main character of ARMS so I could see Min-Min, Twintelle or Mechanica being added since they're far more popular. *sigh* Then again how many times have we said "There's no way Sakurai would ____"?

3) There's no way Sakurai would still not add Geno to the roster after a literal decade of fan demand

4) There's no way Sakurai wouldn't add Bandana Dee even though he's insanely popular in Japan and the West

5) There's no way Sakurai would bring Isaac back JUST to make him an Assist Trophy again

6) There's no way Sakurai would create the term "Echo Fighter" and not have Shadow be one

The list goes on and on. For all we know the dlc characters are 4 goombas and an actual sword from Fire Emblem that can ONLY counter. I feel like we'll have more clarity after the first dlc character is revealed and honestly I hope they get datamined because I personally can't ****ing stand being asked to buy a mystery box especially after they added a ****ing Piranha Plant.
Buddy, Sakurai was really upfront about the season pass in saying basically "don't buy this unless you REALLY like Smash and are open-minded to whatever may come". Just buy them individually if they absolutely must be characters you like.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wait, what is your problem with WF?
I'm upset at how they handled the nda, considering that it was just for a spirit. nda's dont mean you have to be totally silent.
I'm also upset at how they, or matt, chose to respond yesterday. The timing made sense, 1 day after the direct, but how he went about it doesn't sit well with me, for quite a few reasons.

I'm also sad in general, whether or not smash-related, and it kind of affects how I see the insensitivity.
(& still sad about shantae and smash-direct related stuff)

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

He was too late, since they were already in the middle of development when he came up.
And Xenoblade 2 spirits, don't forget. So far there's Zeke, Tora and Morag. Also in that Gamexplain video I posted a little while ago, apparently they noticed a Nia costume too.

Buddy, Sakurai was really upfront about the season pass in saying basically "don't buy this unless you REALLY like Smash and are open-minded to whatever may come". Just buy them individually if they absolutely must be characters you like.
No I get that, I really do but personally it bugs the hell out of me. It's more convenient to buy the season pass (it isn't a guarantee that I'll have the available money at the time the characters drop) and I always prefer to have the full roster but I'd much rather they just tell me what I'm getting myself into, I know that erases the speculation hype and surprise factor but I'd REALLY rather not end up with ****ing Minecraft Steve, Vault Boy, Freddy Fazbear, Sans, and Fortnite character. Don't get me wrong, this is MY issue and I'm aware of that but coming fresh off the heels of Piranha Plant I'm not exactly in a trusting mood and I just got burned by Dragon Ball FighterZ dlc so to me a season pass looks like a pool of fresh water that could potentially be acid.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm upset at how they handled the nda, considering that it was just for a spirit. nda's dont mean you have to be totally silent.
I'm also upset at how they, or matt, chose to respond yesterday. The timing made sense, 1 day after the direct, but how we went about it doesn't sit well with me, for quite a few reasons.

I'm also sad in general, whether or not smash-related, and it kind of affects how I see the insensitivity.
Well, how could they talk about the spirit?
"Is Shantae in the game?"
"Yes.(This would already break NDA)"
"Is she a fighter?"
"No. She is a Spirit(Again, something people should be in the dark about from Nintendo's perspective)."
"What is that?"
See where I am going here? Revealing that Shantae was involved at all would have broken NDA, never mind the questions such a reveal would bring. You don't want to push your luck like that, especially with Nintendo.
As for Matt's response, what else would he have said. Sure the initial hashtag was a bit weird, but his addressing of the situation was the best it could have been. How would you have wanted him to address it?
Also, sorry you are in a sad mood. Hopefully all this Smash stuff lately is not making it worse in any way, as no one would want that. If you need to rest emotionally, do what you think is best.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
No I get that, I really do but personally it bugs the hell out of me. It's more convenient to buy the season pass (it isn't a guarantee that I'll have the available money at the time the characters drop) and I always prefer to have the full roster but I'd much rather they just tell me what I'm getting myself into, I know that erases the speculation hype and surprise factor but I'd REALLY rather not end up with ****ing Minecraft Steve, Vault Boy, Freddy Fazbear, Sans, and Fortnite character. Don't get me wrong, this is MY issue and I'm aware of that but coming fresh off the heels of Piranha Plant I'm not exactly in a trusting mood and I just got burned by Dragon Ball FighterZ dlc so to me a season pass looks like a pool of fresh water that could potentially be acid.
From what I hear the season pass only saves a tiny amount of cash, so I see no harm in taking the wait-and-see approach if that makes you feel better.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Even though Fate Extalia was on Switch, with Extalia Link coming soon?
Thats true. Well, we would have to see. Artoria or Nero would be awesome.

I do want to add to the idea that they were talking about base roster. In the main game itself, there is a Nia Mii fighter outfit

So, with this, I am gonna say Sakurai was talking base roster there. They just mentioned Rex at that spot because he is the free bonus you get for the Fighters pass. This could mean Sakurai while he loves the character, doesn't want to make him DLC just yet, but wants to show his love for the series(hence why 2 Mii fighter costumes for the game, and wants to get something in at base. Will he add rex as a full playable down the road? maybe. But after seeing that Nia outfit I am sure he was just talking about base game and wanted it to be part of the fighters pass so he could deeply apologize not having Rex and Pyra in the base game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, how could they talk about the spirit?
"Is Shantae in the game?"
"Yes.(This would already break NDA)"
"Is she a fighter?"
"No. She is a Spirit(Again, something people should be in the dark about from Nintendo's perspective)."
"What is that?"
See where I am going here? Revealing that Shantae was involved at all would have broken NDA, never mind the questions such a reveal would bring. You don't want to push your luck like that, especially with Nintendo.
As for Matt's response, what else would he have said. Sure the initial hashtag was a bit weird, but his addressing of the situation was the best it could have been. How would you have wanted him to address it?
Also, sorry you are in a sad mood. Hopefully all this Smash stuff lately is not making it worse in any way, as no one would want that. If you need to rest emotionally, do what you think is best.
I've already talked about this. I dont understand why it's hard to understand. I'm just talking about not being completely silent. and im not talking about answering questions with answers they arent allowed to.
I dont agree about the part of pushing luck. They're used to giving non-answers for lots of other things.

Matt's response was really insensitive to how some fans feel. They knew for sure how some of us felt after seeing how many people wanted her in smash, and instead of addressing some things,he simply moves on to a support train, not really addressing anything, and making a joke of it too (at first).
There's probably more but that's all I can think to say right now.
It doesn't help to see so many supporters around here jump onto it and ignore how some of us are feeling.

But sure, it's a support thread, so it should be about support.. yeah alright, let's ignore everything we've been through, and how invested some of us were, and just move on to something even more energy intensive and more hoping. (I'm being sarcastic with this one)

I hope that gives a better idea of my thoughts and feelings, and I hope it's not taken the wrong way. It matters to me, and it doesn't feel good when it's dismissed as if I'm not thinking right about it, when it's not really about that.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I understood it differently. And so did WayForward it seems. To me, it was very ambiguous. In my opinion, Rex could very well be a lock for DLC now.
ON the contrary that wouldn't make sense.

I'm afraid this video says otherwise in the evidence department. Note that the Mii costume of Rex was given as a bonus for those who purchase the DLC season pass, which means it would come out alongside them.

Now MajestyIndigo MajestyIndigo why would they include a mii costume with the actual Rex if he and Pyra were a part of the Season 1 pass.

Also, unless Nintendo are trying to pull the wool over our eyes, they pretty much said that they know what those dlc picks are, by not showing us what they were yet, revealed. And let's not forget, fighters often take almost a year to develop, and if this is being released across the course of a year, then yeah, it would need to have been pre-planned.

And back to the main point, Rex is a consolation prize along with the dlc season pass. That means that he couldn't be fitted into the DLC plan since he and Pyra would have been an obvious selection for DLC.

It takes more stretching to assume that Sakurai was talking about the base roster than the DLC, since it's all the more illogical. Otherwise, why not announce something like a ballot or urging fans to campaign their characters to try and have a say in garnering their interest for these first 5?

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I do want to add to the idea that they were talking about base roster. In the main game itself, there is a Nia Mii fighter outfit

So, with this, I am gonna say Sakurai was talking base roster there. They just mentioned Rex at that spot because he is the free bonus you get for the Fighters pass. This could mean Sakurai while he loves the character, doesn't want to make him DLC just yet, but wants to show his love for the series(hence why 2 Mii fighter costumes for the game, and wants to get something in at base. Will he add rex as a full playable down the road? maybe. But after seeing that Nia outfit I am sure he was just talking about base game and wanted it to be part of the fighters pass so he could deeply apologize not having Rex and Pyra in the base game.
Exactly, I understood it like that as well.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I'm also upset at how they, or matt, chose to respond yesterday. The timing made sense, 1 day after the direct, but how he went about it doesn't sit well with me, for quite a few reasons.

(& still sad about shantae and smash-direct related stuff)
except we dont now what their nda covered....at all..and ndas can vary greatly depending on the parties involved and what the NDA is about.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Wait! What!? Is that true?? is there really a Nia costume?? I really want it. :O

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know that erases the speculation hype and surprise factor but I'd REALLY rather not end up with ****ing Minecraft Steve, Vault Boy, Freddy Fazbear, Sans, and Fortnite character.
I know you’re being hyperbolic, but I still think Sakurai deserves a little more credit than that.

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace

I'm afraid this video says otherwise in the evidence department. Note that the Mii costume of Rex was given as a bonus for those who purchase the DLC season pass, which means it would come out alongside them.

Now MajestyIndigo MajestyIndigo why would they include a mii costume with the actual Rex if he and Pyra were a part of the Season 1 pass.

Also, unless Nintendo are trying to pull the wool over our eyes, they pretty much said that they know what those dlc picks are, by not showing us what they were yet, revealed. And let's not forget, fighters often take almost a year to develop, and if this is being released across the course of a year, then yeah, it would need to have been pre-planned.

And back to the main point, Rex is a consolation prize along with the dlc season pass. That means that he couldn't be fitted into the DLC plan since he and Pyra would have been an obvious selection for DLC.

It takes more stretching to assume that Sakurai was talking about the base roster than the DLC, since it's all the more illogical. Otherwise, why not announce something like a ballot or urging fans to campaign their characters to try and have a say in garnering their interest for these first 5?
Well, did you notice those who buy the season pass get the Rex costume on the 7th of December ? In my opinion, this costume is just a way to make players wait for Rex's final and highly requested inclusion. Plus Sakurai himself has shown to really love Rex and Xenoblade 2.
I get where you are coming from, but my opinion shifts from yours still.
Also, let's not forget about Corin's case please, it does not take a whole year to make a character.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

Explain to me, how does one mii costume being in the main game negate the idea that Sakurai was talking about DLC, when again, the Rex costume is the actual bonus from the fighting pass?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I made this for the #ShantaeForSmashDLC campaign. Feel free to use it.View attachment 175434
Oh no TOY, you have made a big mistake...

I will now ask you three questions, all of which you must answer honestly, or I shall taste the foulness, of your empty, sour blood.

Number 1: Why would you ever consider leaving out Rottytops' Theme, in that pathetic, incomplete list of songs you have there?
Number 2: Would this theoretical DLC pack, contain ANYTHING, related to the character of Rottytops? Any imagery, music, dialogue, ANYTHING!
Number 3: Would you care for some tea? :)

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

"Ok. Development is coming along nicely."
"Hey, look at the new Xenoblade Chronicle 2. Rex seems like a cool guy."
"Ack, darn, He looks like a cool character. Why couldn't he be announced sooner. Oh well, too late for playable character, but maybe we can do something with him... I get it, Mii Costume!"

Some time later...
"Alright, we're close to release. We're doing the final touches and the Rex costume is complete as well."
"Y'know, I was just wondering... Wouldn't people be mad, if we didn't include Rex. I know he came too late, but still..."
"Hmm... Well we made him a MII Costume now. So... Well, let's throw the Costume in as a Bonus for those who buy the DLC Season Pass."
"Hope that works..."

End of story

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I've already talked about this. I dont understand why it's hard to understand. I'm just talking about not being completely silent. not talking about answering questions with answers they arent allowed to.
I dont agree about the part of pushing luck. They're used to giving non-answers for lots of other things.

Matt's response was really insensitive to how some fans feel. They knew for sure how some of us felt after seeing how many people wanted her in smash, and instead of addressing some things,he simply moves on to a support train, not really addressing anything, and making a joke of it too (at first).
It doesn't help to see so many supporters around here jump onto it and ignore how some of us are feeling.

But sure, it's a support thread, so it should be about support.. yeah alright, let's ignore everything we've been through, and how invested some of us were, and just move on to something even more energy intensive and more hoping. (I'm being sarcastic with this one)

I hope that gives a better idea of my thoughts and feelings, and I hope it's not taken the wrong way. It matters to me, and it doesn't feel good when it's dismissed as if I'm not thinking right about it, when it's not really about that.
Well, how did you want him to respond?
Also, and sorry, but there is just some work we have done before that is not applicable anymore. The scene has changed, as so much of our subjects were base don the idea of her getting into the base. It is tragically a result of change. And even then, we still have most of the community we have built up over the last 500 pages.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
except we dont now what their nda covered....at all..and ndas can vary greatly depending on the parties involved and what the NDA is about.
Yacht club didnt have to stay quiet, and that was for a freakin assist trophy.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Explain to me, how does one mii costume being in the main game negate the idea that Sakurai was talking about DLC, when again, the Rex costume is the actual bonus from the fighting pass?
He was talking about the bonus you get when you buy the pass. When you buy it, you get the rex costume RIGHT away. So basically he is base game, but is locked behind the season pass. Maybe a little jerky, but if thats the only thing they are hiding at launch behind that pass thats nothing.

Plus I think Sakurai went all out on the mii outfit. Look at the detail of grams on the back, and the sword. None of the other Mii fighter costumes are that detailed. I think Sakurai really would have put rex in the base game if he could, but couldn't so made this Mii Fighter to show he loves the series and wants to give it as much as he can.

Plus, Chrom Mii fighter costume is still in, so having a costume doesn't negate a DLC slot.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice

Oh boy I can't wait for Fire Emblem sword to rocket to SS tier and crush EVO 2019.

In all seriousness I think Sakurai will tone back on the joke characters when it comes to DLC. Of course this is just speculation because of how unpredictable he can be but if Sm4sh DLC is any reference point its safe to assume that he'll at least try to add characters appealing enough to garner sales for said DLC.

hopefully it's not Minecraft Steve but what can you do.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
"Ok. Development is coming along nicely."
"Hey, look at the new Xenoblade Chronicle 2. Rex seems like a cool guy."
"Ack, darn, He looks like a cool character. Why couldn't he be announced sooner. Oh well, too late for playable character, but maybe we can do something with him... I get it, Mii Costume!"

Some time later...
"Alright, we're close to release. We're doing the final touches and the Rex costume is complete as well."
"Y'know, I was just wondering... Wouldn't people be mad, if we didn't include Rex. I know he came too late, but still..."
"Hmm... Well we made him a MII Costume now. So... Well, let's throw the Costume in as a Bonus for those who buy the DLC Season Pass."
"Hope that works..."

End of story
So, you're running off the idea that they'd put in a mii costume, which fans normally take to mean as a sign that characters aren't making it into the current games, and explicitly said that Rex couldn't make it in time, just to supposedly surprise them with DLC in the pack? I mean, that also suggests that the dlc is pre-planned in that regard. Sounds needlessly convoluted.

Furthermore, by that logic, they'd have done the same for ARMS. But the protagonist is an assist trophy. Tell me, why would one supposedly get better treatment over the other, considering their similar stances?

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
So, you're running off the idea that they'd put in a mii costume, which fans normally take to mean as a sign that characters aren't making it into the current games, and explicitly said that Rex couldn't make it in time, just to supposedly surprise them with DLC in the pack? I mean, that also suggests that the dlc is pre-planned in that regard. Sounds needlessly convoluted.

Furthermore, by that logic, they'd have done the same for ARMS. But the protagonist is an assist trophy. Tell me, why would one supposedly get better treatment over the other, considering their similar stances?
You don't get it.

Again, Rex came too late. So he couldn't be made a full character.
But he also came at a time, where DLC was not yet on the table.
So MII Costume was the way to go for him.

And now that the game is close to release and DLC is finally being considered, they decided to make Rex MII Costume a bonus for those who buy the Season Pass.
Is that so hard to understand?!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, how did you want him to respond?
Also, and sorry, but there is just some work we have done before that is not applicable anymore. The scene has changed, as so much of our subjects were base don the idea of her getting into the base. It is tragically a result of change. And even then, we still have most of the community we have built up over the last 500 pages.
There were many people on this thread who expressed how upset they were, and quite a few stepped back, some said they were taking a break or leaving, and more. It's silly or at least insensitive to want to only advance when people still have problems with the new things that came about, and stuff like that.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
There were many people on this thread who expressed how upset they were, and quite a few stepped back, some said they were taking a break or leaving, and more. It's silly or at least insensitive to want to only advance when people still have problems with the new things that came about, and stuff like that.
Mom, I'd say now is a good time to try and take a break from the site.

zferolie

Smash Hero
OH and FYI, we aren't saying Rex will get both a Mii Costume AND DLC. We are just saying Sakurai at the time of planning knew he couldn't be in base, and wasn't set on DLC yet, so went to work on a Mii Costume for it. Maybe thats all he'll don, who knows, only time will tell

Shadowknight1

I've already talked about this. I dont understand why it's hard to understand. I'm just talking about not being completely silent. not talking about answering questions with answers they arent allowed to.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand your lines of thinking...non-answers are still talking about it and would walk a thin line. NDAs are a very serious thing and for a company as small as WayForward, not to be taken lightly. I also don't think Matt was being insensitive. If anything, I think he was trying to bring the community back up since the opinion on Shantae as a Spirit is so clearly divisive. I just don't see why they should be blamed for anything...Honestly, I try not to get mad about these kinds of things. I have plenty of other things in my life that are causing me stress, being mad at a game company for not giving me exactly what I wanted doesn't need to be on it. But hey, maybe that's because I already got two of the things I really wanted from when Smash for Switch was first announced. I wanted a Belmont because I felt Simon's presence was long overdue and I wanted Lucina to stay in the game(prior to "Everyone Is Here", I would've considered her a definite cut due to being "girl Marth" even though I think she's better...). After K Rool was announced, I would've been happy with the game as it was. Shantae would've just been a perfect little treat to go with the perfect meal. Honestly, I think the whole thing would've gone better without Ken and Incineroar being leaked. Or heck, I would've had either Simon or K Rool be the last one instead. I think the hype levels would've been a lot higher.

That all said, I hope you can move on in time, we're gonna be here when you want us to be. I may not understand your line of thought, but if the last Direct taught us anything, it's that we need a few skeptics around here.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's some big events that happened and affected a lot of us here. I think it deserves to be talked about. But Im just talking about it because earltamm is asking about it. It's not something I feel like pushing, and I dont feel like it's negative because I'm trying to share it so that it's understood well. at least im trying.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Plus I think Sakurai went all out on the mii outfit. Look at the detail of grams on the back, and the sword. None of the other Mii fighter costumes are that detailed.
And now that the game is close to release and DLC is finally being considered, they decided to made Rex MII Costume a bonus for those who buy the Season Pass.
Is that so hard to understand?!
It comes off as a stretch. Especially when we consider this trend. Mii Fighter costumes have never debuted in the same game as a character made playable. As in, Chrom wasn't made playable in the game where his mii costume debuted, same for King K Rool, and so on so forth.

Also, why would they pretend to have the dlc pre-planned? Becuase that's how they acted, saying that they can't be revealed yet.

And again, if you're arguing that Rex is being saved for DLC, then that lends all the more credence to the idea that DLC is pre-planned.

Sakurai stated that rex couldn't make it in during the DLC section of the direct. They'd have made it clear otherwise.
Plus I think Sakurai went all out on the mii outfit. Look at the detail of grams on the back, and the sword. None of the other Mii fighter costumes are that detailed. I think Sakurai really would have put rex in the base game if he could, but couldn't so made this Mii Fighter to show he loves the series and wants to give it as much as he can.
That's the thing. The level of detail often suggests that it's the best consolation prize that they can make. Name me one time that a character was made playable in the same game that their mii costume debuted,and were revealed playable after said costume.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
It's some big events that happened and affected a lot of us here. I think it deserves to be talked about. But Im just talking about it because earltamm is asking about it. It's not something I feel like pushing, and I dont feel like it's negative because I'm trying to share it so that it's understood well. at least im trying.
No, it's not that at all. I just think now, is a good time, to relax a bit...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Same for me, I just keep talking because you keep talking as well. I don't think either of us wants to be the one who forfeits the conversation.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Mom, I'd say now is a good time to try and take a break from the site.
I agree, Teeb147 Teeb147 , maybe just take your mind off smash a few days, come back with a fresh mind.

Also Dylly, you said earlier you weren't feeling so good. Is this tied to when you were in the hospital last month on deaths doorstep? glad you seem better then then at least

It comes off as a stretch. Especially when we consider this trend. Mii Fighter costumes have never debuted in the same game as a character made playable. As in, Chrom wasn't made playable in the game where his mii costume debuted, same for King K Rool, and so on so forth.

Also, why would they pretend to have the dlc pre-planned? Becuase that's how they acted, saying that they can't be revealed yet.

And again, if you're arguing that Rex is being saved for DLC, then that lends all the more credence to the idea that DLC is pre-planned.

Sakurai stated that rex couldn't make it in during the DLC section of the direct. They'd have made it clear otherwise.

That's the thing. The level of detail often suggests that it's the best consolation prize that they can make. Name me one time that a character was made playable in the same game that their mii costume debuted,and were revealed playable after said costume.
As i said in another post, we aren't saying he will also get DLC fighter status. We are just saying him being announced their doesn't proove the DLC fighters were picked. All it prooves was sakurai wanted to get his rep in in base game, since he loved the game so much, and thats what he did.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm sorry but I just don't understand your lines of thinking...non-answers are still talking about it and would walk a thin line. NDAs are a very serious thing and for a company as small as WayForward, not to be taken lightly. I also don't think Matt was being insensitive. If anything, I think he was trying to bring the community back up since the opinion on Shantae as a Spirit is so clearly divisive. I just don't see why they should be blamed for anything...Honestly, I try not to get mad about these kinds of things. I have plenty of other things in my life that are causing me stress, being mad at a game company for not giving me exactly what I wanted doesn't need to be on it. But hey, maybe that's because I already got two of the things I really wanted from when Smash for Switch was first announced. I wanted a Belmont because I felt Simon's presence was long overdue and I wanted Lucina to stay in the game(prior to "Everyone Is Here", I would've considered her a definite cut due to being "girl Marth" even though I think she's better...). After K Rool was announced, I would've been happy with the game as it was. Shantae would've just been a perfect little treat to go with the perfect meal. Honestly, I think the whole thing would've gone better without Ken and Incineroar being leaked. Or heck, I would've had either Simon or K Rool be the last one instead. I think the hype levels would've been a lot higher.

That all said, I hope you can move on in time, we're gonna be here when you want us to be. I may not understand your line of thought, but if the last Direct taught us anything, it's that we need a few skeptics around here.
I am expressing my thoughts and feelings. I'm having trouble moving on. I'm not choosing to blame them, I'm just explaining why I'm having trouble with this, and having thought about it, I'm pretty sure there's others too, maybe not for the exact same reasons, but similar too.

I dont want to keep talking about this unless people want to. If you dont understand that's ok, then leave it be and I wont respond about it. It's just stuff to deal with. And like I said, Im not leaving, I'm just explaining where I'm at.
zferolie zferolie please dont misunderstand me either. People feel all sorts of things and are always expressing stuff from them anyway. I'm not bashing anyone or anything, so let's not try to blow it out of proportion. It can help to express these things (unless people arent good with it)

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Honestly, I've only seen a few people from here completely leave. One of which I don't think cared about Smash Ultimate anyways and was only going to look into it if Shantae was in.

Top Bottom